AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-29, 21:47   Link #341
Tiran86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The fact that Fan pointed out there are those who do not like to be ruled shows how perceptive he is.
I got the impression he was talking about himself when he said that.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 00:34   Link #342
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
I got the impression he was talking about himself when he said that.
Well he is bum. It doesn't mean he's a revolutionary.

Ditto too at telling Lira that a lot of people are living at peace under Tytania.

Fan has a knack for finding holes in someone's philosophy.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 17:23   Link #343
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
I don't think Idris is as dangerous as Jouslain. I have to agree with the Iwa no Hana blog that this is entirely too likely:
I think you missed Stormy's point a bit. True, Jouslain is brilliant. He's the most competent of the Tytania.

Idris, however, is a bloodthirsty maniac. His goal in life seems to score the highest body count possible. Jouslain isn't dangerous to the average joe, Idris will put average joe in front of a firing squad because he's enjoying it.
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 09:50   Link #344
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

"That was the best kiss in the universe."

What an awesome line.

Episode 04 was pretty good, though it looks like that's the last we'll see of Lira for a while --- or completely.
Old 2008-11-01, 10:55   Link #345
ReddyRedWolf

I still don't get it how little princess fits in all this.

Other than being the moe blob every episode.

Why the heck do they put furnishings on a warship? Seems decadent to me. One should be alert at a moment's notice not relaxed.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 12:22   Link #346
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I still don't get it how little princess fits in all this.

Other than being the moe blob every episode.

Why the heck do they put furnishings on a warship? Seems decadent to me. One should be alert at a moment's notice not relaxed.
I believe it was a merchant ship and that little girl is the person that will be able to stop Tytania, as the (not so) subtle hint in the first episode implied.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 13:43   Link #347
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Hee. Zalish is a mama's boy. Can't say I'm surprised.

I find myself shipping Fan x Lyra a lot more than Lyra x De Bohr.

Also, Miranda's awesome.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 13:49   Link #348
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I believe it was a merchant ship and that little girl is the person that will be able to stop Tytania, as the (not so) subtle hint in the first episode implied.
What's she going to do, use her loli powers on them?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 14:17   Link #349
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I find myself shipping Fan x Lyra a lot more than Lyra x De Bohr.
That's because Lyra x De Bohr is boooooring.

& yeah Miranda is pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
That or she's going to sing.

Old 2008-11-01, 17:09   Link #350
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

What an awesome line.

Episode 04 was pretty good, though it looks like that's the last we'll see of Lira for a while --- or completely.
I doubt that is all we are going to see of Lira. She is in the ending. I think Lira is what is going to make Fan change his mind and go against Tytania. It is obvious that both Fan and Lira have fallen for each other as we saw at the end of episode 4, they are longing for each other.
It is all over for LiraxDe borh. I don't think Lira and De bohr were a couple, more like De bohr had the hots for Lira.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 17:38   Link #351
Oxtail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

What an awesome line.
Fan is a stud. He plays the bumbling fool most of the time, but he knows when to turn the charm on.

My favorite part of the episode is how they kept kissing for a few extra seconds. Lol.
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 19:09   Link #352
tbl
Affably Evil

Miranda wins the coolest character award so far. Still, I'm waiting for Jouslain to do something.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 21:05   Link #353
lightbringer
M9000

Hmm. Here we go again with the shipping Lira x Fan is certainly more interesting than other alternatives. However, the problem with this series is the chronic overpopulation of bishies (as expected of shoujo, I suppose).

@Blaat:
what was the not so subtle hint? I was half-asleep through that first episode and do not fancy going through all that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
It has worked plenty of times before. Unfortunately. She has a lot of growing up to do mentally if she's to be of any use, though.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 21:23   Link #354
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
The princess is more like the innocence foil to Tytania, just like the shoe polisher is innocence foil to Fan.
Old 2008-11-01, 22:20   Link #355
TrueKnight

Another very good episode, and filled with lol.

Our hero Fan is again the victim of circumstances. No matter what he wants the situation just won't allow him. He just went with the flow.

Lira should've come with Fan but at least they got a kiss. Hopefully we'll see her in future eps.

Miranda is just a badass princess who's pretty much laid back. Doesn't want to start of a revolution and pretty much enjoying her current live as a smuggler, er I mean trader. The way she threatened the Vardhana officer was just priceless.

So in the end, the Old Man is a flag ship filled with bunch of criminals who'll eventually change the stagnant flow of history, led by Fan Hyulick.

I eagerly awaits for the next episode.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 00:09   Link #356
Nerroth
NePoi!

"Uchuu ichi no kisu da ta!"

(Or whatever way it's supposed to be...)
Old 2008-11-02, 01:19   Link #357
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
You know, it's not often that I venture into a series like this, but for now, I'm really happy that I have. It's got plenty of good factionalism in it to keep it interesting, especially with the Tytania's power struggle that they need to deal with from within that it's almost reminiscent of what became of Alexander the Great's empire after he died (For those not history-oriented, his generals fought amongst themselves and eventually carved out spheres of influence). Very interested in seeing where that's going to end up.

And Fan, for his part is fairly likable. It's rare to see such a down-to-earth person who's perceptive enough to point out other people's logical flaws. The way he manages to disarm Lira's arguments was absolutely perfect by pointing out the flip side of the coin she hadn't considered. Of course, as others have already pointed out, he's pretty much forced to go with the flow seeing that the rest of the universe would be only too happy to get him on their side whether it's for prestige, make him a sort of figurehead, or to eliminate him outright.

Hopefully the pace will continue and the plot will stay as strong as it has been.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 01:51   Link #358
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Closest historical example for current Tytania will be the Tokugawa Shogunate.

However the political play resembled the Warring States period where after kanpaku Hideyoshi Toyotomi died and various warlords began stake their claim for ultimate power leads to rise of Tokugawa.
Old 2008-11-02, 03:31   Link #359
Argent

Man I love this show.

I hope when it gets optioned for the English market it's not one of the usual suspects but someone who really wants to get it out to the public - the US syndication market is going to blow sky high after the Digital Switch-over in February and all your local channels start turning themselves into mini-multiplex outlets with multiple streams of programming. I'm amazed that no one has grabbed all those old classic Japanese imports from the 60s and 70s and started a nostalgia syndication channel already.

If handled right with proper backing and quality voice acting (anyone else want to hear Kevin Conroy playing Ajuman Titania?), I think Tytania could be spun into this generation's Robotech. It's looking like it'd be a killer in a 10pm weekend syndication slot. It's smart and epic. Match it up with a second quality show, say Cowboy Bebop, and you could package it as an hour anime two-fer.
Argent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 07:32   Link #360
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent View Post
Man I love this show.

I hope when it gets optioned for the English market it's not one of the usual suspects but someone who really wants to get it out to the public - the US syndication market is going to blow sky high after the Digital Switch-over in February and all your local channels start turning themselves into mini-multiplex outlets with multiple streams of programming. I'm amazed that no one has grabbed all those old classic Japanese imports from the 60s and 70s and started a nostalgia syndication channel already.

If handled right with proper backing and quality voice acting (anyone else want to hear Kevin Conroy playing Ajuman Titania?), I think Tytania could be spun into this generation's Robotech. It's looking like it'd be a killer in a 10pm weekend syndication slot. It's smart and epic. Match it up with a second quality show, say Cowboy Bebop, and you could package it as an hour anime two-fer.
Well most R1 fans aren't nostalgic unless you're talking about the fans of the westernized version of the anime titles. These blokes are in their 40's now. Tytania wouldn't fit with those titles. Crest/Banner of the Stars was never completely released. That frachise is prob the most current indicator of how this one would do.

Anime if it's not Bleach or Naruto doesn't fair too well on TV here. Just ask watchers of Code Geass, One Piece and Moribito.

We'd be lucky if this makes it over to R1 as sub only.

-----

Anyways, I'm prob the only one that hopes that this is the last of Lyra. She altered some jeans that her grandmother gave her out of nostalgia instead of saving her money and buying some other used clothes that fit and storing the jeans. It's like she's wearing those jeans as some badge of honor. She works for re-establishment of a monarchy despite the fact that the heir is pretty comfortable doing something else and not interested. She needs to move on with her life. Fan needs to find someone more "with it". It's prob only a matter of time before Alses catches up with her. She's practically waving a death flag.

Tags
science fiction, space opera