Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-09, 09:29   Link #35981
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Republicans Warn Iran -- and Obama -- That Deal Won't Last
http://www.bloombergview.com/article...eal-won-t-last

Marketing atrocity: Ancient Assyrians would have understood Islamic State’s methods
http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debat...tates-methods/

Wisconsin capital marked by third day of protests after police shooting
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0M40WG20150309
Old 2015-03-09, 12:51   Link #35982
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Republicans Warn Iran -- and Obama -- That Deal Won't Last
http://www.bloombergview.com/article...eal-won-t-last
I'll say one thing. The Reps are right this time round. Those bible belts may be wrong about science and religion and race, but for this, they are right.

Iran is just making use of US weakness to take over Yemen, Iraq and Pakistan.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2015-03-09, 13:29   Link #35983
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

If Obama wasn't such a pussy on the foreign relations front, a number of issues would have been avoided or even solved by now.
Old 2015-03-09, 17:27   Link #35984
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Back on Greece, euro, and another Union some conservatives somewhere try again to dissolve again... the left should resist, since negotiating with fascists is pointless, leave and try their own policies at what scale they can by themselves... this is the ideological difference between the two ideologies, one cares about the people and the other about the capital, which triggered the current crisis years ago... and again to challenge (I hope unintentionally) democracy and freedom, like those barbarians on both sides in the middle east, because after all despite Schauble's and ISIS tactics humans must also leave along with that minority... again and help then back into humanism.
Old 2015-03-09, 18:54   Link #35985
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What fascists?
Old 2015-03-10, 02:13   Link #35986
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I'll say one thing. The Reps are right this time round. Those bible belts may be wrong about science and religion and race, but for this, they are right.

It doesn't matter if they have a point or not. What they did is undermine the authority of the President to conduct negotiations with a foreign country, potentially destroying any possible chance to get Iran to sign a non-nuke treaty and crippling the power of the US and its allies to use or enforce sanctions. It increases the risk of having no serious diplomatic tools by which to resolve issues between nations.

What those senators did was tell every foreign country/power that any deal made with the President couldn't be trusted. That's not only dangerous and unprecedented, but borderline treasonous.

Can you imagine if democrats had done this while Bush was President? Holy shit conservatives would of had a meltdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
If Obama wasn't such a pussy on the foreign relations front, a number of issues would have been avoided or even solved by now.
Oh, please go on. I'd love to hear what you think he should have done instead of being a "pussy".
Old 2015-03-10, 05:56   Link #35987
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It doesn't matter if they have a point or not. What they did is undermine the authority of the President to conduct negotiations with a foreign country, potentially destroying any possible chance to get Iran to sign a non-nuke treaty and crippling the power of the US and its allies to use or enforce sanctions. It increases the risk of having no serious diplomatic tools by which to resolve issues between nations.

What those senators did was tell every foreign country/power that any deal made with the President couldn't be trusted. That's not only dangerous and unprecedented, but borderline treasonous.

Can you imagine if democrats had done this while Bush was President? Holy shit conservatives would of had a meltdown.

Oh, please go on. I'd love to hear what you think he should have done instead of being a "pussy".
Sure, conservatives are a lot kinds of bad, but there's no way that Iran would have signed such a treaty. A lot of countries already care not for the sanctions of the west.
Old 2015-03-10, 06:16   Link #35988
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
Sure, conservatives are a lot kinds of bad, but there's no way that Iran would have signed such a treaty. A lot of countries already care not for the sanctions of the west.
That is beside the point. Whether the treaty could have succeeded have nothing to do with the fact that Republicans tried to sabotage it.
Old 2015-03-10, 06:43   Link #35989
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Treaties are approved of by Congress though.
Old 2015-03-10, 07:23   Link #35990
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Treaties are approved of by Congress though.
Approved. This means the treaties are sent to them for approval. They don't get to disrupt the actions of other parts of the government, that isn't their job.
Old 2015-03-10, 07:36   Link #35991
dredmorte

Quote:

I am not american and I know your wrong. Furthermore, according to the Logan Act, all those senators/reps have commited a serious crime.
Old 2015-03-10, 07:50   Link #35992
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Military analysis of what Russia really wants reveals nuclear dangers
http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debat...clear-dangers/

China jails two for selling military secrets, including details of aircraft carrier
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0M60ZY20150310

U.S. declares Venezuela a national security threat, sanctions top officials
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0M51NS20150310
Old 2015-03-10, 07:56   Link #35993
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Not having a 'Send in the carriers' or 'Send in the marines' as foreign policy is not being a pussy me thinks
Old 2015-03-10, 10:53   Link #35994
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredmorte View Post
I am not american and I know your wrong. Furthermore, according to the Logan Act, all those senators/reps have commited a serious crime.
Sorry if I chaffed my statement. What I mean was from a political perspective, they are right.

Their actions are definitely wrong from a constitutional and legal perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Not having a 'Send in the carriers' or 'Send in the marines' as foreign policy is not being a pussy me thinks
Then what about "send the political action officers".

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2015-03-10, 13:10   Link #35995
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'

Why am i not surprise?
Old 2015-03-10, 21:01   Link #35996
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Sorry if I chaffed my statement. What I mean was from a political perspective, they are right.

Their actions are definitely wrong from a constitutional and legal perspective.
No. They are still wrong. Iran is a legitimate nation-state. It has its interests. Interests are negotiable.

They are also treasonous scum. They were prepared to throw the U.S. and world economy into meltdown for a cheap political point, and they undermine the President's authority for even cheaper political points.
Old 2015-03-10, 21:26   Link #35997
MCAL

How anyone can really defend republicans anymore is beyond me. Its pretty clear (most) of them left common sense and decency in the rear view mirror a long time ago.
Old 2015-03-10, 21:39   Link #35998
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Those that have no trust or faith in the President. Also those that still consider the President as a traitorous or subversive individual. There are people who srill think he is unfit and/or a non_native citizen, dispite evidence.
Old 2015-03-10, 22:45   Link #35999
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I didn't have any trust or faith in Richard Nixon, but I would have been outraged if Democratic Senators sent a letter to Zhou Enlai and Mao Zedong telling them not to cut any deals with the President because, you know, we might change our minds later.

One of the more hilarious aspects of this otherwise sordid affair is how much better educated the Iranians are, even on matters of American constitutional law. The response from Iran's foreign minister to the letter was priceless.

In fact, the members of Iran's cabinet holds more degrees from American universities than Obama's, or indeed any other cabinet in the world.

Too many Americans are still stuck in 1979, even ones as young as the author of the letter, Tom Cotton (R-OK).
Old 2015-03-11, 07:40   Link #36000
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
That's not the point. The fact remains that Obama's general stance has been too soft regarding foreign policy whereas a large number of his predecessors, both Democrats and Republicans (excluding W.), knew how and when to use a stronger tone in order to make clear about who's the boss without escalating too much.

TBH, there are vibes of Jimmy Carter's presidency in Obama's in the sense that he let his geopolitical adversaries take advantage of his soft position.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international