Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2019-07-06, 11:58   Link #3601
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Who else could it be, but Eren tho?

Spoiler for Picture:

The baby is also most likely Historia's as the "you are free now" statement would carry the most weight if it was being said to that child. It wouldn't just escape the fate of Eldians and the fate of the people of Paradis, it will have also escaped the fate of Royal bloodline by that point.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-06, 17:03   Link #3602
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
^Who else could it be, but Eren tho?

Spoiler for Picture:

The baby is also most likely Historia's as the "you are free now" statement would carry the most weight if it was being said to that child. It wouldn't just escape the fate of Eldians and the fate of the people of Paradis, it will have also escaped the fate of Royal bloodline by that point.
Even if it is Eren, there could be more to the final panel like it being a flashback or a picture.
Old 2019-07-06, 17:19   Link #3603
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Even so, if it is a flashback or picture, it'd still imply that Eren survived getting his head blasted clean off.

I understand that y'all are trying to imply that Eren may not necessarily be alive in the end and as far as that goes, I'm in agreement. However, regarding this specific scenario (the cliffhanger at the end of the latest chapter), any and all suspense we would've felt is lost because we already know he'll survives this. That's a concrete fact.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2019-07-07, 02:12   Link #3604
The Small One

Does anybody really think Eren could be dead? Just a few chapters, after Zeke survived a similar situation?

However there is a thing I'm poring over: We know that other Titans can get the shifter's powers by eating the person who holds the power currently, and that the power gets transferred to a random newborn child, in case the holder dies in any other way.
Now hypothetically speaking: If Eren was killed by the shot, did the powers already left him? Or can they still be transferred by eating his corpse? And if the transfer is still possible, which part of him must be eaten?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-07, 06:23   Link #3605
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
^Even so, if it is a flashback or picture, it'd still imply that Eren survived getting his head blasted clean off.

I understand that y'all are trying to imply that Eren may not necessarily be alive in the end and as far as that goes, I'm in agreement. However, regarding this specific scenario (the cliffhanger at the end of the latest chapter), any and all suspense we would've felt is lost because we already know he'll survives this. That's a concrete fact.
It could be Eren's son, and/or a successor to the Attack Titan.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-07, 08:20   Link #3606
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Does anybody really think Eren could be dead? Just a few chapters, after Zeke survived a similar situation?

However there is a thing I'm poring over: We know that other Titans can get the shifter's powers by eating the person who holds the power currently, and that the power gets transferred to a random newborn child, in case the holder dies in any other way.
Now hypothetically speaking: If Eren was killed by the shot, did the powers already left him? Or can they still be transferred by eating his corpse? And if the transfer is still possible, which part of him must be eaten?
It's the spinal fluid that matters, so I think the body is the part that contains it the most. They never really explained what happens if the spinal fluid is divided in two equal parts and two different people drink them.

As for the exact timing point the titan power abandons the body, who knows... We can determine when someone dies when their brain cells stop working and become necrotic (which happens in a matter of minutes in normal conditions), but the brain doesn't seem to matter that much for titans, so it might take a while before the body is considered dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It could be Eren's son, and/or a successor to the Attack Titan.
It could even be someone living "2000 years from now" giving the title of the first chapter. It's really difficult to tell. Maybe he is indeed Eren, but I'm really not sure it's that simple. There's even a possibility that Eren is going to pull a Madoka and completely rewrite history given the fact that apparently memories can be transferred to the past. So that image could contain Eren indeed, but perhaps Eren is the baby not the adult.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-09, 14:03   Link #3607
dark44

wait is there confirmation that historia child is eren that would be betrayl to mikasa i dont mind him have both but Mikasa should be frist
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 18:58   Link #3608
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
wait is there confirmation that historia child is eren that would be betrayl to mikasa i dont mind him have both but Mikasa should be frist
There's no confirmation, but Eren x Historia shippers are so vocal about this that it is now reported as a fact.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 21:22   Link #3609
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Hey, not all Erestoria shippers are like that! For transparency, I'm an Erestoria shipper, but I'm not jumping to any conclusions until that plot point is addressed within the panels of the manga.

When I made that post discussing the identity of the man with the child and the child's possible identity, the context in which I used it, was to support the point I made about Eren surviving the beheading in the latest chapter's cliffhanger.
Old 2019-07-11, 06:48   Link #3610
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
Dude, are you daydreaming when you type that
Because, there is no romance between them as far as I could see.
Old 2019-07-11, 07:39   Link #3611
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Dude, are you daydreaming when you type that
Because, there is no romance between them as far as I could see.

she is the second most female character eren interact with and there is also thier complicated past and eren stole her royale inhertance and his father crimes to her family
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-11, 10:40   Link #3612
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

I'm talking about betraying Mikasa part though...
Old 2019-07-15, 17:07   Link #3613
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
I'm talking about betraying Mikasa part though...
I am pretty sure the loves of Mikasa felling to Eren is romantic loves and not platonic loves Eren feeling are still unknown at the point.

about this chapter, I think it now "obviously" what Eren plan to saved Historia from the titan power after it all was over the high rank in the army was know about the wine and know what could happen if Historia yells so she was saved from the titan power.

P.S sorry about my English it, not my first language.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-24, 10:06   Link #3614
haseo0408

Considering how freaking hard is to kill a Titan Shifter I have serious doubt would go down just like that, Reiner and Zeke survive simmilar injuries in the past.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-06, 16:19   Link #3615
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chapter is out.

Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2019-08-06, 17:09   Link #3616
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I kind of like that Eren and Zeke (of all people) are talking their differences out instead of just punching each other to see who's "right". Even if Eren doesn't really have a choice.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-06, 18:02   Link #3617
Wandering Soul

So it's coming down to a debate between Eren and Zeke to see who can win the other over. So far it looks like Eren has got the advantage as Zeke went into this with a lot of assumptions.

Eren's snarky response to Zeke questioning whether he undid the brainwashing was great.
Old 2019-08-06, 18:12   Link #3618
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If it was anyone else besides his brother, Zeke wouldn't have tried to talk anything out. But it's clear he's craving understanding and familial bonds.
Old 2019-08-07, 08:58   Link #3619
The Small One

So we all were fooled all along… everybody was made to believe, that Eren has the power and needs Zeke as a trigger, but in the end it's the other way round and Zeke is in control.

I'm a bit disappointed, that we still didn't get a clue on what alternative plan Eren has. Though it looks like we started to get Zeke's mind changed (I wonder how many chapters it will take). Can the memories of his father really change his mind… we will see.
I just wonder, why Eren seemingly tries to interrupt the sequences. Does he try some sort of reversy-psychology in pretending that Zeke shouldn't see all this.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-07, 11:36   Link #3620
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
So we all were fooled all along… everybody was made to believe, that Eren has the power and needs Zeke as a trigger, but in the end it's the other way round and Zeke is in control.

I'm a bit disappointed, that we still didn't get a clue on what alternative plan Eren has. Though it looks like we started to get Zeke's mind changed (I wonder how many chapters it will take). Can the memories of his father really change his mind… we will see.
I just wonder, why Eren seemingly tries to interrupt the sequences. Does he try some sort of reversy-psychology in pretending that Zeke shouldn't see all this.
I'm actually not sure what would have happened if Zeke hadn't been handed infinite time in order to break the "vow". Would he only have limited control over Ymir (can make her do anything except wage war/kill people) or no control at all?