AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-10-18, 22:03   Link #3641
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I converted after 2-5 chapters from the TEotW arc. What does that say about me?
FOOL!!!
Your resolve is as weak as mine. Curse my pathetic self.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 22:19   Link #3642
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

my resolve was a little stronger, my Hinafag side did not lose until the very last chapter of EotW, actually it wasnt really until the whole Hina knows Athena part where I finally cracked and gave in to the goddess
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 22:35   Link #3643
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Unless you were just looking at the pictures, not reading it, and saw shota-Hayate with loli-Athena.
Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
FOOL!!!
Your resolve is as weak as mine. Curse my pathetic self.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
my resolve was a little stronger, my Hinafag side did not lose until the very last chapter of EotW, actually it wasnt really until the whole Hina knows Athena part where I finally cracked and gave in to the goddess
Weak-willed maggots! You ought to have supported your girls until the very end!

You see, I actually always knew about Athena. When I saw the Royal Garden in the first page of the manga, I knew how things would turn out.
Old 2009-10-18, 23:45   Link #3644
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Well...

Weak-willed maggots! You ought to have supported your girls until the very end!

You see, I actually always knew about Athena. When I saw the Royal Garden in the first page of the manga, I knew how things would turn out.
THATS WHAT I WANTED YOU TO THINK!!! in fact I already know how the series end....the final pairing is

Spoiler for unavoidable truth:
Old 2009-10-19, 00:07   Link #3645
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
THATS WHAT I WANTED YOU TO THINK!!! in fact I already know how the series end....the final pairing is

Spoiler for unavoidable truth:
Old 2009-10-19, 00:13   Link #3646
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3641
This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post This post

*die due to massive nosebleed.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 00:41   Link #3647
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
I think the appeal of Athena was the mysterious apperances of her way before the tEotW arc and it can be seen that she indirectly affects Hayate's romantic sense to a degree. When tEotW came out, a lot of fans who like the mystery behind this girl were instantly converted to "Athena :3". That includes me. ;o
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 01:06   Link #3648
Used Can

Personally, I wasn't keeping up with HnG until the EotW arc. Up until then, I was sure the girl from the flashback was either Maria or Hina - since I was reluctant to believe Hata would introduce a new character, that, and those 2 were, by far, my favourite characters.

I don't really know why I started reading Hayate again after I saw the spoilers for 178 in this thread (I think back then I didn't have an account, and I just lurked). In fact, I was even slightly disappointed she was a new character, and not one of the two girls I had expected her to be. However, I ended up reading it.

I think I "converted" to her after she kissed Hayate in the second chapter of that arc. Or not... I think I started liking her ever since the beginning. I liked how she displayed a level-headed character, while being slightly assertive, yet girly and cute. I cannot deny her mysterious character intrigued me, and that it was a factor why I started liking her, but more than that, it was Athena's personality what made me like her.
Old 2009-10-19, 01:22   Link #3649
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
I think I "converted" to her after she kissed Hayate in the second chapter of that arc. Or not... I think I started liking her ever since the beginning. I liked how she displayed a level-headed character, while being slightly assertive, yet girly and cute. I cannot deny her mysterious character intrigued me, and that it was a factor why I started liking her, but more than that, it was Athena's personality what made me like her.
My thoughts, exactly.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 01:36   Link #3650
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
I did forget to mention her unique personality didn't I? Of course, Athena's unique personality is of the utmost deciding factor for most, but I was trying to mean, in a poor way, is how the mystery behind her character sort of glorified and gave her entire character a gloss, something to shine about. Then again, in the general opinion of many, if Athena's "shine" is equal to a bonfire, Hinagiku is like a small forest fire. To me, Athena is right up there with Hinagiku and Nagi (for me anyways).
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 01:37   Link #3651
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I was neutral to her until the confrontation in the end....sure she was pissed but seeing her feel bad about it after did it for me ;A;
Old 2009-10-19, 02:27   Link #3652
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opace View Post
if Athena's "shine" is equal to a bonfire, Hinagiku is like a small forest fire.
That may be true, depending on how you see it. Hina has been in the story for quite some time, and we've seen her getting developed throughout the story, in many different situations. Athena, on the other hand, whilst she has received some development, she still lacks the exposure Hina has had. Athena needs a more light-hearted development, and she needs to become a formal part of the cast.

With that said, I wouldn't want her to become a gag-character, much like most of the characters in this story. I'd like her to keep her character, while becoming part of the story in its usual form.
Old 2009-10-19, 02:41   Link #3653
arand017

As for me... i started reading hayate from the end of the world arc xD... i found it that way and it made me hooked to the series
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 02:48   Link #3654
Used Can

Haha... then I guess your outlook on this story must be quite different from those of us who have read this manga from the very beginning, and who have always regarded it as just a slice-of-life love-comedy.

Anyway, I've got an appointment with Morpheus. So, I'm taking my leave for the night.
Old 2009-10-19, 03:09   Link #3655
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

You're all just horny for her!

Spoiler for Cuter than A-tan (until proven wrong by an inevitable image spam, or "waifu" rage):
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 03:13   Link #3656
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

wtf O_O

/me lost
Old 2009-10-19, 03:29   Link #3657
Rah

Kay, let me dumb it down for ya.

You're all just lusting for her, and all this "conversion" stuff is BS. Prove me wrong with a wall of text!
Old 2009-10-19, 03:49   Link #3658
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

too lazy for wall of text, I love her character and personality, it seems thats hard to believe for some people here :\

I dont really "lust" for characters, and this "conversion" is real for me....not often that I like someone enough to beat Hina who is already high on my fav list, it also didnt happen overnight, I thought about it for at least a couple months after I read EotW, but thats just me
Old 2009-10-19, 05:03   Link #3659
Rah

Hehe, well, I'm just messing with ya. You really thought about it for months? Woah... that's serious.
Old 2009-10-19, 05:05   Link #3660
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
You're all just lusting for her, and all this "conversion" stuff is BS. Prove me wrong with a wall of text!
Not really, I consider HnG anything but "lustful." I don't really know how to explain it, but looking at the art style, it's quite cute right? It's something to be admired? Yes. Something to be drooled at? Kinda. Something to get horny at? Not really, for me though.

If I just want to get horny, damn I'll just look at an ecchi anime, that's its main purpose anyway.

Tags
comedy, shounen