AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-03-06, 23:00   Link #3641
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Yesterday I had to stayed up late for a homework. And it feels super refreshing to read the new chapter.

Really, all the flashback and reactions Kaneki has with Arima are simply interesting! I like Arima more now! Let's thrust through his eyes again and transform him into Haise again! XD
I thought this chapter revealed that Kaneki's amnesia was self-inflicted, honestly. He still had his memories after being thrown behind bars after all, and it was only after the psychological torture he suffered there that he lost them. Arima had at least some kind of a hand in that torture and in the reshaping of Kaneki that came after, but he wasn't responsible for Kaneki's amnesia.

Though that strikes me as a bit weird, because you'd think that the emphasis on Kaneki 'going to sleep' at the end of his fight with Arima and 'waking up' when he got his memories back would imply that he lost them at that moment.

Edit because I somehow missed this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
I wonder if this is the part of the manga where Kaneki will actually end up killing another human being.
Whether it is or not, I'd be very surprised if Kaneki still has any significant aversion to doing so. And there's always the possibility that he assumes that he has Hide's blood on his hands, too, depending if he still thinks that was an acid trip or not.

Last edited by Akashin; 2016-03-07 at 07:46.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-07, 16:12   Link #3642
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
Do you think that Kaneki have the power to beat Arima?
It isn't clear who would win, but if they did fight again I doubt it would be the curb stomp it was the first time.
Old 2016-03-07, 19:03   Link #3643
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
I thought this chapter revealed that Kaneki's amnesia was self-inflicted, honestly. He still had his memories after being thrown behind bars after all, and it was only after the psychological torture he suffered there that he lost them. Arima had at least some kind of a hand in that torture and in the reshaping of Kaneki that came after, but he wasn't responsible for Kaneki's amnesia.

Though that strikes me as a bit weird, because you'd think that the emphasis on Kaneki 'going to sleep' at the end of his fight with Arima and 'waking up' when he got his memories back would imply that he lost them at that moment.

Edit because I somehow missed this post:

Whether it is or not, I'd be very surprised if Kaneki still has any significant aversion to doing so. And there's always the possibility that he assumes that he has Hide's blood on his hands, too, depending if he still thinks that was an acid trip or not.
oh yeah, now you talk about it. At first we all thought CCG might have done some brain wash but it turns out they didn't do anything.

Arima maybe and maybe not under order of V to look after Kaneki at that time. But when I think about it, it's kind of unsual for such busy high-class inspector to visit the prison regularly. Their relationships as fake father-son, mentor-student and doves-ghoul r indeed hilarious I mean both know the friendliness is fake but they r so used to it that somewhere on the way it turns out to be true.

I remember some side stories about Arima wanted to return book to Haise a lot of time even when he is busy or when he climbed on the table and Haise happily copy in the middle of a meeting. With these memories, it must be hard for Kaneki to decide to quit CCG. If Minami didn't get captured, would Kaneki continue to stay with them, I wonder?

At least he has a place where he belong to now. I just can't see him walking back to Touka's cafe shop and asks to stay with them...

Last edited by Fairy Water; 2016-03-08 at 07:01.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-07, 21:24   Link #3644
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Let's thrust through his eyes again XD

Yeah.....sure..... <__<
Old 2016-03-09, 03:32   Link #3645
Hk1117

WTH Kaneki, going manic again?

Also, the question returns, "Who is the One-Eyed King?", huh.

I suppose it's Arima now?
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 07:12   Link #3646
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
WTH Kaneki, going manic again?

Also, the question returns, "Who is the One-Eyed King?", huh.

I suppose it's Arima now?
That crossed my mind because of the whole blind spot thing he had with Shachi (could be deliberately screwing with his own eye or something), but then, why would he assert his belief that Eto is the OEK to V in that case? You'd think that if he is the OEK he wouldn't have been able to hide that from them; he'd have needed them to get the scanners to permit him, so they'd know by that alone.

Plus, Eto's cryptic request that Kaneki kill the OEK loses a bit of its impact if that's what he's on his way to do anyway.
Old 2016-03-10, 02:20   Link #3647
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
That crossed my mind because of the whole blind spot thing he had with Shachi (could be deliberately screwing with his own eye or something), but then, why would he assert his belief that Eto is the OEK to V in that case? You'd think that if he is the OEK he wouldn't have been able to hide that from them; he'd have needed them to get the scanners to permit him, so they'd know by that alone.

Plus, Eto's cryptic request that Kaneki kill the OEK loses a bit of its impact if that's what he's on his way to do anyway.

Then perhaps it's the Washu family head. I always had my suspicions about the guy ever since we first saw him in part 1.

Think about it, being the head of the CCG means he knows Everything they do. He also has the pull to get exceptions added in the scanner thanks to V. Perhaps he is the One-Eyed King.

Regarding Armia, perhaps the strongest argument we can put forth for him being the OEK is the fact that he has repeatedly manhandled SS and SSS class ghouls without so much as a scratch on his person.

Last edited by Hk1117; 2016-03-10 at 02:53.
Old 2016-03-10, 12:34   Link #3648
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm starting to think the One-Eyed King isn't a person. He might be a more abstract concept, given what Eto said about him being "in your bellies".
Old 2016-03-10, 15:17   Link #3649
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm starting to think the One-Eyed King isn't a person. He might be a more abstract concept, given what Eto said about him being "in your bellies".
That could also mean someone from the inside.
Old 2016-03-10, 21:00   Link #3650
Hk1117

Quote:

What if she meant it in a literal-abstract sense, and the OEK is someone "inside", like Se7enSword said?

It would have to be someone in a position of great power, who can dictate anyone to do what he needs them to do and they would not be able to refuse the order.

This brings me back to that creepy Washu family head from Part 1.
Old 2016-03-10, 21:30   Link #3651
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
That could also mean someone from the inside.
Not only this, but she says that in direct response to Furuta suggesting that the King could be nothing more than a symbolic entity, saying right before that that there definitely is a King.

I'm still leaning toward the theory that Kaneki is her pet project to become the OEK, though her telling him to kill the OEK throws a wrench in that (unless she's suggesting he kill himself, that is).
Old 2016-03-12, 07:50   Link #3652
Hk1117

68 spoilers out

Spoiler:
Old 2016-03-12, 09:04   Link #3653
Raviel

Spoiler for spoilers:
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 09:35   Link #3654
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Lolwhut....I thought Eto actually liked her editor....can't imagine she'll let him being turned into dinner slide so easily...
Old 2016-03-12, 09:49   Link #3655
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Lolwhut....I thought Eto actually liked her editor....can't imagine she'll let him being turned into dinner slide so easily...
Well, she looks sad. But what could she do about this while in prison?
Old 2016-03-12, 09:54   Link #3656
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Spoiler:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 10:55   Link #3657
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler:
Old 2016-03-12, 11:15   Link #3658
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 11:23   Link #3659
coded321
He Who Games

do you think arima will be defeated this arc? kaneki beat eto in the rose arc, which was quite unexpected, so why not beat arima?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 11:32   Link #3660
LG-MAX 2.o

Sasakineki vs Eto is a fight that you need to evaluate carefully, that was not a simple one-sided beating.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, drama, gore, modern fantasy, sci-fi, seinen, tragedy