AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-05-13, 11:13   Link #3641
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I doubt this will allow them to meet at all.

For now this is points towards Bell taking a path that hasn't to be idolizing Ais anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
I hope so. Maybe his skill Realis Phrase would be affected in some way if this happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
It looks like Bell's crush on Ais might come to an end. Now he has to deal with his tarnished reputation and the rest of the fall out.
if all this happens, this story will really get interesting. but i have my doubts considering aiz's popularity.
Old 2016-05-13, 16:03   Link #3642
evilgenius

yeah it would be very cool if he grows out of ais and evolve his character into something different, but like kid says aiz is popular.
evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-13, 18:00   Link #3643
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Those two are unrelated IMO.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-13, 18:40   Link #3644
KnightShade

^ tell that to the rabid aiz shippers

Last edited by KnightShade; 2016-05-13 at 19:03.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-13, 20:40   Link #3645
evilgenius

We can Dream kid, we can Dream
evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-14, 00:44   Link #3646
Kunagisa

Ais' popularity will not influence Omori though.

DanMachi main story's supposed to be about Hestia's Familia (afterall, story's originally called Familia Myth, not sure how many you remember that). However, since we follow the story mostly from Bell's perspective, there's a set protagonist and that's that. Oratoria though, follows the story from Ais and Lefiya, and other times told from a third person point of view, so the story's truly about Loki's Familia. Furthermore, to keep Ais' background as vague as possible, even Ais' own introspection is just not very informative.

So Ais is a very unfriendly character to readers, and volume 10 is supposed to be about her being more active especially since she hasn't had any major presence for a REALLY long time (ever since volume 6 really; 7 she's gone, 8 she appeared for a bit near the end, 9 she had like a page, Oratoria 4 first half is a rehash, second half is spread even with like 7 other characters, and she is pretty pointless in Oratoria 5 too). Even then, volume 10 she didn't do much really. If this is Omori's idea of her being active then ... el oh el. Also, in the web version, Ryuu's supposed to be Bell's teacher, not Ais.

Finally, my point is, Omori actually spends very few pages on Ais lately. Either he is saving her story and interaction for later, or he actually doesn't really want to write much about her.

Anyway, volume 10's reviews are pretty bad looking. Mostly because I think the story lack catharsis (second volume in a row), and doesn't really end as conclusive as the pre-vol 9 ones. Readers are mostly left with a rather pent-up frustration and a sour feel? Some even said this feels like more of the mid volume of a 3-parter rather than the second half. Keep in mind people have also waited 8 months of this (not everyone read Oratoria). While I don't think people will dropping this en masse (volume 10 Limited Edition is sold out once again after around 24 hours after restocking), but hopefully next volume will be back to the feel you get from 1-6 (less drama above ground and more dungeon adventures)? Not sure how likely this would be as Omori did say dungeon will have less and less screen time few volumes ago.

Either way, volume 11 will be October as many of you already know (along with Drama CD). Oratoria 7 November maybe? Hopefully volume 12 would be December as we've had 5 books per year the last two years.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-14, 01:17   Link #3647
KnightShade

^ see you bring up a lot of valid points, but what has me skeptical is that more often then not LN authors have to end up pandering to crowd favorites eventually to make more bucks. it's nothing against aiz in particular, but aside from her backstory, i'd being lying if i called her the most compelling of the heroines. if the author wants to have her around less, fine by me!

but on another note having ais take ryuu's teaching spot from her in the LN was a bad move. for the longest time my circles have been complaining about ryuu not having the opportunity to teach bell despite it making so much sense for her to do so. heck, i expect her spinoff gaiden to have that at some point.

yup, he needs to have the main series go back to being about the dungeon. and that's the dilemma between the main book and oratoria as of late; while oratoria has more dungeon action, the main series has the characters i want to follow. with the third book out, it would make more sense to confine the mystery drama stuff there as it works far better for ryuu then it does bell or aiz/loki familia.

right now it seems like either danmachi has a larger plot in the works or the author is running on fumes. we will see which is the case come next volume but i think it's somewhere in the middle; there are hints towards a bigger picture but it seems like this and the last volumes were the author trying to figure out how to get there and stumbling a bit.
Old 2016-05-14, 02:32   Link #3648
SomethingHappened

Hello guys I am new here.I have been reading the discussions up until now and thought I'd try sharing my opinion on this.

I think the reason why Omori hasn't shown much of Aiz lately is cause he wants to build Bells character through events instead of his relationship with Aiz or Hestia(even though she has more screen time than Aiz she hasn't had any major role involving Bell in the last two volumes.Keep in mind that I have only read the summaries for the new volumes so I might be wrong)In addition to that next volume we will probably see Bell change his view on the world just like Hermès had intended to show him in volume 5.This could also serve as a way to show that Danmachi isn't just about the ships and has actual story so the author might want to focus more on that for now.

But next volume can also have opportunities for more screen time for Aiz.Not sure if she was there when Bell declared that Waine is his prey but she is probably curious about why Bell changed like that and might try to find out.Since volume 11 seems to be more about ending this drama and less about action there will probably be more room for interaction between Bell and Aiz and even other characters with less screen time.

As for the for the thing about Aiz taking Ryuus place at training Bell,I don't think it was a bad idea(my opinion might be effected by the fact that Aiz is my favourite character not necessarily because of ships though).Aiz is supposed to be a key character In Danmachi so her having even less screen time would be weird.Also that would make Bells feelings for her pretty shallow if they were purely from her saving him(not that they aren't but now they have something more to back them up)

Omori is probably just waiting for the right time to make Aiz interact with Bell.If not next volume,volume 12 will probably focus more on her.She might even end up helping them get the Xenos back in the dungeon(doubtful knowing her character but I can dream right?).

Last edited by SomethingHappened; 2016-05-14 at 03:18.
SomethingHappened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-14, 02:57   Link #3649
DerDoppelganger

The real question is, when will Bell level-up next?

His stats have barely progressed, once again, and nothing he did in this volume would be recognized as particularly impressive by the Gods.

While one's progress is expected to slow down the farther he gets in rank and level, even in Bell's case, his lack of growth is alarming, especially now that we have reached the halfway point of the series, and that he seems to have lost his way.

The strength disparity between Bell and the rest of Hestia Familia is holding him back, not to mention the lack of meaningful interactions with Aiz, both leading to relative stagnation.

What will be the growth impetus that will break this plateau, and make us care about the series once more?

Let's face it, Bell's exponential growth due to Realis Phrase is what made him interesting in the first place. Without it, it would be hard to explain other's fascination with him.

If only he could double-up on levels to make up for lost time.
DerDoppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-14, 12:23   Link #3650
Avenger2000

Pretty bad customer reviews on Amazon Japan on the latest volume. People don't seem to be happy how the story is progressing.
Avenger2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-14, 13:41   Link #3651
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Well, Amazon reviewers are not reliable unless they support their reviews with solid facts instead of mere opinions.
Old 2016-05-14, 13:53   Link #3652
XFire
150% done

Story appears to be taking a turn for the serious, and all this faker and hero stuff is giving me EMIYA vibes. Don't go sacrificing yourself lil Bell. You'll make Hestia cry. And nuke the city in a homicidal rage.
Old 2016-05-14, 14:02   Link #3653
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

More like a fool.

Sometimes I wonder how aware he is that Hestia could just use her powers if Orario put a price on his head.
Old 2016-05-14, 14:13   Link #3654
Reaperherpderp

Spoiler for Volume 10:
Reaperherpderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-14, 14:35   Link #3655
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Story appears to be taking a turn for the serious, and all this faker and hero stuff is giving me EMIYA vibes. Don't go sacrificing yourself lil Bell. You'll make Hestia cry. And nuke the city in a homicidal rage.
And then get send back to Heaven, while Freyja is free to keep Bell and his soul to herself.
Old 2016-05-14, 16:58   Link #3656
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
And then get send back to Heaven, while Freyja is free to keep Bell and his soul to herself.
The "sacrifice" was meant to imply him losing his life for a cause. In which case her going to heaven would keep them together.
Old 2016-05-14, 16:58   Link #3657
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

My guess is that Ais is being kept out of the story simply because the author isn't ready to reveal any more about her backstory, and not having her as big a part of the story makes that much easier. It also helps to illustrate the mechanics of Realis Phrase. Bell is focused on the Xenos right now, and so catching up to Ais isn't as much of an impetus. Her relative lack of presence helps keep it that way. So without his "muse", naturally he reverts to advancing like a normal adventurer, not like a P2P player, like he had been before.
Old 2016-05-14, 17:23   Link #3658
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
Aiz is having plenty of focus on SO that's why.
Old 2016-05-14, 18:31   Link #3659
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
^
Aiz is having plenty of focus on SO that's why.
yup, which makes giving her too much screen time in the main book redundant.

but seriously, the author has to go back to improving the hestia family, and dont mean just bell. we need a volume consisting of either leveling up welf, haruhime, lili ect or recruiting strong free agents (ryuu once she gets unblacklisted). no matter how much bell grows, how deep he can grind the dungeons will always be hindered by the rest of his squad. it would be great if realise phrase coud be extend to his party as a new sub skill or something
Old 2016-05-14, 19:02   Link #3660
bakato

I thought Ouranos never made a familia.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance