AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-09, 20:31   Link #3681
sarcasteak
WAHA~

PriestessKikyo - I don't really like your new one. I think the pic is a bit too purple and seriously lack color variety...I like the border, though! 7/10

Ambience Blue - Tessa looks nice in this shot *no pun intended*, but why no border? The pic quality isn't very high, so points off slightly. 8.1/10

Thany - Hehe, much better now! The eyebrow twitch still seem a bit awkward...I think it'd look fine if the twitch was slower, but right now it seems too fast for just a mere blink. 8.5

Razer_2mb - This is an improvement, I guess...? I think it's two weird-outfit people on DDR machines. The ambiguity (or my ignorance of the background of the picture), lack of border, and the borderline-placement of the text don't appeal to me, though. 7/10

chibi Jiraiya plushy - Your avatar is top-notch, too! It definitely fits your persona, and the scene selection, pretty transparency border, fitting text, heart decoration, and high pic quality compel me to give you at least a 9.5/10! I don't like your sig that much though...the text blinds in too much and is hard to read; go easy on my poor eyes!

Biohazard - I think you should touch up the pic and remove that cape/collar so it just shows his face. The text is a bit too low and touches the border, but other than that I like your avatar. I personally like changes, so it's up to you. I do like the style and your sig especially. ^_^ 8.3/10

hamiko_san - Barumungu! Hmm...I think the text's gradience should be flipped around, or it should be moved to the right corner. The colors fit the subject, but this is one of the cases where over-simplicity hurts the avatar. 7.3/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi Jiraiya plushy
OMG Sarcastreak! You have the cutest avatar ever and the cutest signature but this is about avatars so 10/10!
Heh, thanks for the compliments! Ninja-angel Flonne is always cute!

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-06-09 at 23:11. Reason: fixed typo
Old 2004-06-09, 21:31   Link #3682
wnkryo
HainShodan

sarcasteak: Damn you and your damn awsome colourful avatar and sig. 10/10
Old 2004-06-09, 23:03   Link #3683
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
wnkryo : 6.5/10

Gather around, children! I will tell you the story about my avatar!

One day, the THEM administrator went out for a week. During that week he went to the Famicom convention. During this week, he saw fancomics, hentai comics, a girl claiming that Pocky is greater than sex, and some birds to add to his birdwatchers list. During a visit, an old homeless lady stole his pass to get in, so he reported it and got a new one.

One day (Iblieve Thursday), he decided to dress-up in a Penguin suit and play DDR against someone else in a costume from Pocky Comics. He beat that guy's ass and someone took a picture of it. Yes, THEMers are the strangest, yet funnest people on the net.

I'll try to make a border for the image. If possible, I'll have it done by tommorrow (or today.)

Update: Now has new text and a new border. Go me. :does a little dance:

Update (again): I made it brighter. Go me again. :does another little dance:

Last edited by OutPhase; 2004-06-10 at 00:00.
Old 2004-06-10, 03:09   Link #3684
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Thany - Hehe, much better now! The eyebrow twitch still seem a bit awkward...I think it'd look fine if the twitch was slower, but right now it seems too fast for just a mere blink. 8.5
Well I was too lazy to try to change that eyebrow and I took it off.
Does it look better now?

Razer_2mb : 7/10 for your actual avatar, it's weird, but ok

Edit : slowed down the animation a bit.

Last edited by Thany; 2004-06-10 at 05:35.
Old 2004-06-10, 04:41   Link #3685
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Thany - She still doesn't look as natural as, say, Slade's avatar, but at least her eyebrows aren't a distraction anymore. If you have the time, you can try incorporating the eyebrow-twich; I think as long as you slow down the blink a little or smoothen the animations of the eyebrows, she'll look fine. Then again, I'm a sucker for cute girls... 8.8/10

Razer_2mb - Ah, now that I know its background story...more points! I don't particular like the color of the border and the extra brightness (it was fine the way it was before--change it back!), and I think you can move the 'y' a bit closer to the 'Peng'...other than that, there's not much more you can do with it. 7.3/10

wnkryo - I like Mugen's sly look here, but the avatar overall seems a bit too dark. I am aware that's just how the scene is to begin with, but you might want to try lighting it up a bit (I don't know if that'll look better; just a suggestion). 8.5/10
Old 2004-06-10, 09:23   Link #3686
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Razer_2mb- A trubute to the weird people of the net huh. It surely doesn't look that good but at least it has some sentimental value 7/10

Biohazard- It's really up to you really. If you're sick of your current sig/avatar, change it! Easy as that. I get tired of using the same thing rather quickly so I change it very quickly. I must've had over 30 variations of each since I signed up For your current one, it's got good atmosphere and hue although it's not really my liking to have your name in your avatar, makes things look too crowded. 8.5/10

chibi Jiraiya plushy- Very good border work although there seems to be something odd about the color. 9/10

Ambience Blue- Temportary indeed. It could use alot of work. The quality, the lack of border really hurts this one. 7/10

PriestessKikyo- No comment on the sake that I like to live

Quote:
Slade, I really think you should change your avatar because one of these days I'm going to end up with a restraining order. Her face is just so round and those eyes are too cute...I want to eat her.

Don't actually change it.
It's a he actually

Last edited by Slade; 2004-06-10 at 09:39.
Old 2004-06-10, 09:30   Link #3687
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Slade, I really think you should change your avatar because one of these days I'm going to end up with a restraining order. Her face is just so round and those eyes are too cute...I want to eat her.

Don't actually change it.
Old 2004-06-10, 10:03   Link #3688
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Like Slade told you, it's actually a guy
And it's still a nice avatar
And funny too : so it get a 9/10.

Note that I slowed down the animation (though I can't do much with 3 differents frames I guess )

Last edited by Thany; 2004-06-10 at 10:36.
Old 2004-06-10, 10:12   Link #3689
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
It's a he actually
Nuh-uh. No. Way. Noooooo....NOOOOOO!!! WHY OH WHY DO THEY DO THIS TO ME?! WHY?!!? >_______<

But seriously...the former one was a she, right? Please say yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
Note that I slowed down the animation though I can't do much with 3 differents frames I guess
It seems a bit choppy at first, but after staring at her for a while ...I think it's better like this! 8.7/10
Old 2004-06-10, 10:49   Link #3690
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Biohazard- It's really up to you really. If you're sick of your current sig/avatar, change it! Easy as that. I get tired of using the same thing rather quickly so I change it very quickly. I must've had over 30 variations of each since I signed up For your current one, it's got good atmosphere and hue although it's not really my liking to have your name in your avatar, makes things look too crowded. 8.5/10
what that guy said bio.

slade SHE's SO CUUTE!!!

(he)

... 10/10!
Old 2004-06-10, 11:00   Link #3691
K9Platnum685
Dark Hadou Master

Send a message via AIM to K9Platnum685
Don't know who that is/10
Old 2004-06-10, 11:17   Link #3692
sarcasteak
WAHA~

K9Platnum685 - I really don't get what kind of message you are trying to convey here by making all these similar and mindless posts instead of rating other people's avatars first... as for your current avatar, I like it and think it's cute. Oro...cute!? 8.5/10

Slade - Bastard! Of all the time you could've changed it...you chose Now! >_<
This one is very cute too, but since he doesn't make me want to eat him, no bonus points! And points off for the your timing! 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
what that guy said bio.

slade SHE's SO CUUTE!!!

(he)

... 10/10!
Oh, shut up guys!~ I posted that remark BEFORE Slade slyly changed it...in fact, I think he changed it just now to spite me! >_<

(...or for her safety/well-being)

Slade...the girl was Lunar Ice, right? She and Rin look way too similar; I can't tell them apart other than from their outfits. Either way, because of her round face and the full moon sig, she reminded me of a yummy Moon-Cake.
Old 2004-06-10, 14:15   Link #3693
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
K9Platnum685 - I really don't get what kind of message you are trying to convey here by making all these similar and mindless posts instead of rating other people's avatars first... as for your current avatar, I like it and think it's cute. Oro...cute!? 8.5/10
I 'gree with sirius... err.. sarcasteak.

0/10-

1) okay avatar
2) you didnt rate anyone
3) that was spam
4) you should be beaten with a tricolor carp (Go FFXI!)
Old 2004-06-10, 14:22   Link #3694
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

K9Platnum685: Eh? "Don't know who that is out of 10"... Are you trying to be funny?

sarcasteak: Cute. I like the almost but not quite pastel shades. Although I'm not a fan of animated avatars in general, your slide show works. 9/10, can't really fault it.
Old 2004-06-10, 14:26   Link #3695
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

NightWish... ... ... ...

i never thought an avatar srtaight out of a manga could be so good so cute!!!

10/10!

(color..?)
Old 2004-06-10, 14:29   Link #3696
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

I might colour it if I get the time. I give your avatar 7/10 -- I like it; colour is good, doesn't offend the eyes and it works even without a border; I've just seen it a lot recently...
Old 2004-06-10, 14:33   Link #3697
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

NightWish You should change the background IMO but it is still pretty cool as Hobo said; strait out of a manga And I like it much more then your previous ones.
8.2/10

Slade Very nice 9/10 But it doesn't realy convince me to join the Sladism world if you know what I meen ^^ Enough of NOW.. go SLADISM!

Thany Because it is YOUR avatar I can't look at it for more then a second I go crazy and the world dosen'T make sense anymore!
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-10, 14:52   Link #3698
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
I might colour it if I get the time. I give your avatar 7/10 -- I like it; colour is good, doesn't offend the eyes and it works even without a border; I've just seen it a lot recently...
'Redefine happiness?'
I hope your avatar isn't how you redefine hapiness then, cause it looks quite unhappy -.- I give it a 8/10
Old 2004-06-10, 22:43   Link #3699
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
JOTOS'STAR: Not much to say about it. 6.2/10
NightWish: As good as your old avatar. 8.1/10

Yes, I will change it, but what color border should it be, what brightness should the image be (from -255 to +255), and how many pixels for the border? You decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Platnum685
Don't know who that is/10
Strange, I didn't know "Don't know who that is" was a number. :sarcasm: Also, whose avatar are you rating? You're very bad at rating avatars. Stop trying unless you tell who you're rating and the rating with a real number.

Last edited by OutPhase; 2004-06-10 at 22:55.
Old 2004-06-11, 00:06   Link #3700
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

Razer: uhhhh???? lol I'll give it a 5/10

JOJO: Usually like your, not sure about this one: 7/10

Thany: You're borders are always the best, how do ya do it?: 9/10
Closed Thread

Tags