AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-03-15, 07:43   Link #3701
Raviel

^Same, I'd hazard a guess that he's doing the exact same thing Kaneki was doing in the first manga because everything he saw suddenly made sense.

I guess you could say both Kaneki and Amon have had the scales lifted from their eyes and they're both a little closer to understanding why their world is wrong.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 13:42   Link #3702
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
Is Amon going to join CCG side?
My guess is that he'll support his former allies from the shadows, but he won't formally rejoin.
Old 2016-03-16, 01:16   Link #3703
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I doubt him and kaneki will be friends anytime soon unless he don't see all ghouls as enemies.
Old 2016-03-16, 05:32   Link #3704
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
My guess is that he'll support his former allies from the shadows, but he won't formally rejoin.
I find it unlikely. He has little reason to help CCG. He's been a ghoul so long, I think he's rather closer to Kaneki on a psychological/ideals level. Remember, he's the investigator to have had the highest amount of interaction with him in Part 1, and Kaneki clearly never desired to fight him, any of the times he fought, and even Amon never wished for Kaneki to die, even showing concern and wanted to listen to his side of the story (albeit in the form of monologue). I don't think someone like him could willingly help CCG, especially if he's found out the truth in his years as a one-eye.
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 05:49   Link #3705
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
I find it unlikely. He has little reason to help CCG. He's been a ghoul so long, I think he's rather closer to Kaneki on a psychological/ideals level. Remember, he's the investigator to have had the highest amount of interaction with him in Part 1, and Kaneki clearly never desired to fight him, any of the times he fought, and even Amon never wished for Kaneki to die, even showing concern and wanted to listen to his side of the story (albeit in the form of monologue). I don't think someone like him could willingly help CCG, especially if he's found out the truth in his years as a one-eye.
What 'truth' is there that would make Amon completely turn on the CCG? I can't think of any, unless we're talking about V (which I doubt he knows anything about, and I doubt that would make him despise the CCG anyway; why would it?).

Everything we can say about Amon right now is pure guesswork, but we can at the very least say that his enemies seem to be the CCG's enemies, if only on a one-time basis (maybe Aogiri was just his enemy at the time, and not his enemy in the long run). What his opinion of the CCG is now remains to be seen, but I sincerely doubt that he's changed so fundamentally that he no longer cares about the CCG.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 10:04   Link #3706
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
What 'truth' is there that would make Amon completely turn on the CCG? I can't think of any, unless we're talking about V (which I doubt he knows anything about, and I doubt that would make him despise the CCG anyway; why would it?).

Everything we can say about Amon right now is pure guesswork, but we can at the very least say that his enemies seem to be the CCG's enemies, if only on a one-time basis (maybe Aogiri was just his enemy at the time, and not his enemy in the long run). What his opinion of the CCG is now remains to be seen, but I sincerely doubt that he's changed so fundamentally that he no longer cares about the CCG.

Even if that's the case, he has no reason to even reveal himself to the CCG. If he has learnt the truth, he'll know better, because they'll have every investigator up his face to kill him because he's a one-eye and V hates them with a passion.
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 17:40   Link #3707
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Even if that's the case, he has no reason to even reveal himself to the CCG. If he has learnt the truth, he'll know better, because they'll have every investigator up his face to kill him because he's a one-eye and V hates them with a passion.
Hence, the whole supporting them from the shadows thing I mentioned. He doesn't have to reveal himself and since he and CCG seem to share enemies, he won't really be going out of his way for them either. Of course this is all just speculation at this point.
Old 2016-03-16, 19:46   Link #3708
Akashin

Quote:
Some in the CCG would push for that, undoubtedly, but you're overstating how quickly the CCG would make an enemy of a former Investigator solely on the grounds of him (most likely unwillingly) becoming a Ghoul; they spared Kaneki for less, and they have the Qs to boot.

That and what Wandering Soul said aside, none of this really have anything to do with your statement that Amon would have, "little reason to help the CCG."
Old 2016-03-17, 01:14   Link #3709
DragonXX

I thought that OEK was their hunger or RC Cell or the DNA that came from the First Ghoul.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 05:25   Link #3710
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2016-03-19, 05:48   Link #3711
AKIKAN
Some Member

OEK is the hero in his journey in the phase "in the belly of whale" as in Joseph Campbell's book "The Hero with Thousand Faces".

In this case Kaneki is both the hero and the whale. He has to kill himself (or get himself killed) to be reborn and bestow boon upon his followers after his return from the dead, literally or metaphorically.
AKIKAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 06:55   Link #3712
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIKAN View Post
OEK is the hero in his journey in the phase "in the belly of whale" as in Joseph Campbell's book "The Hero with Thousand Faces".

In this case Kaneki is both the hero and the whale. He has to kill himself (or get himself killed) to be reborn and bestow boon upon his followers after his return from the dead, literally or metaphorically.
Damn make a lot of since, Re is his epic not a tragedy like the first one.
Old 2016-03-19, 07:17   Link #3713
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIKAN View Post

Maybe I'm missing the metaphor you're going for, but couldn't the CCG itself be the whale in this case, too?
Old 2016-03-19, 08:18   Link #3714
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for regards spoiler:
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 08:50   Link #3715
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Maybe I'm missing the metaphor you're going for, but couldn't the CCG itself be the whale in this case, too?
That'd work too. The metaphor for the whale can be many different things, we just have to choose the one that suits the theme best.
AKIKAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 10:17   Link #3716
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Spoiler for regards spoiler:
I know right? Haise come back to us and save the day.
Old 2016-03-19, 10:58   Link #3717
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Yes!! Return now Haise!
Remember your promise with Shirazu dammit!
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 12:18   Link #3718
LG-MAX 2.o

Korean scans out.

Bro, even an amateur can see that the edition used by them darkened much more than the necessary, I hate this tratamente that the series gets from Chinese and Korean. Thankfully, there are Japanese version that out on the official website.

Anyway, great chapter, Arima is unstoppable.

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2016-03-19 at 12:32.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 13:17   Link #3719
Windsgrace

Can Kaneki please kill Furuta already...then feed him to Hinami. Though it may give her a stomach ache. I mean eating someone who is scum is bound to no?
Old 2016-03-19, 13:33   Link #3720
steam fish

What are the chances Furutas gonna curbstomp kaneki? Because the way he was presented at the end of the chapter seems like Kaneki met Arima
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, drama, gore, modern fantasy, sci-fi, seinen, tragedy