Old 2010-08-30, 14:23   Link #3741
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

hmm so

Spoiler for what happened in episode 9:
Old 2010-08-30, 14:23   Link #3742
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Takashi and Hirano will probably be the last 2 men alive. They will have to repopulate the Earth. And they both have to conceive a ton of children in order to keep incest to a minimum in the future.

Takashi will get Saeko and Rei as his first wives.

Hirano takes Saya and Shizuka.

Maybe they trade Saeko and Saya. Who knows?

It's highly likely that both Takashi and Hirano, being extremely adept natural born killers will be in high demand for their powerful genes. Neither of these guys will be monogamous.

They are destined to become powerful warlords in post-apocalyptic Earth and have harems of women pumping out babies for the benefit of the human race.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 14:33   Link #3743
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Thumbs up Holy Hell! Episode 9!

Well... was really looking forward to the temple scene, and was not dissapoint. I would have been happy with a straight-up manga adaptation, but as usual, Madhouse took it up a notch. The whole sequence when Saeko is revealing her 'secret' was just amazingly well done. The animation, directing, and especially the voice acting, all come together to portrait the 'crazy' as she comes unhinged. She starts out in her usual calm Saeko voice, then her voice gets more ragged, and the camera starts jump-cutting to different parts of her face, with close-ups of her wild-eyed stare. It was quite unsettling (and awesome). It just really felt like she was starting to unravel, and couldn't hold it together much longer.

And all that perfectly leads into Takashi's response to her 'confession'. Instead of recoiling and backing away, like any normal man would do (and frankly, I was), he embraces her, and everything about her. This is especially powerful after she just admitted that any of the men she liked would be horrified at the 'real' Saeko, and that she felt she didn't deserve their love anyway. Leads perfectly into a long night of....

Contrast this with the manga, where she just tells her story, and then Takashi's like: 'Cool story bro. Well, goodnight'.

My only complaint was the whole ending: Takashi & Saeko marching up to the gate with shit-eating grins on their faces, arms wrapped around each other like a couple of drunk hobos. Ugh. Totally ruined the mood. And also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05
But anime Takashi (...) has a new dark side different from the manga. With Saeko, he showed a manipulative side and it looked more like he was pushing the right buttons so that she could be "released" from her depressed state.
I did NOT like this part at all. This implication that he was just manipulating her totally rubs me the wrong way. I hope that here he just felt extremely guilty, and was trying to convince himself that he didn't really cheat on Rei, and that he did what he did because he had no choice (or as someone else said, because he doesn't actually know what he feels).

Anyway, like every episode, it's not without it's flaws, but the awesomeness far outweighs the bad.

ps: they were doing it like rabbits ALL NIGHT LONG
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 14:39   Link #3744
Kallen4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Takashi and Hirano will probably be the last 2 men alive. They will have to repopulate the Earth. And they both have to conceive a ton of children in order to keep incest to a minimum in the future.

Takashi will get Saeko and Rei as his first wives.

Hirano takes Saya and Shizuka.

Maybe they trade Saeko and Saya. Who knows?

It's highly likely that both Takashi and Hirano, being extremely adept natural born killers will be in high demand for their powerful genes. Neither of these guys will be monogamous.

They are destined to become powerful warlords in post-apocalyptic Earth and have harems of women pumping out babies for the benefit of the human race.
I see you are a practical guy .. nice
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 14:59   Link #3745
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Some interesting changes being discussed from episode 9. I have not had the chance to watch it yet as i am still at work. This is going to be interesting as i hope some of my fears are not going to be realized in this episode. It would seem they are changing the whole dynamic between Takashi, Saeko and Rei. Could Madhouse been secretly shipping for one or another.

cant wait to watch 2 two hours of work to go.
Old 2010-08-30, 15:43   Link #3746
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post

I did NOT like this part at all. This implication that he was just manipulating her totally rubs me the wrong way. I hope that here he just felt extremely guilty, and was trying to convince himself that he didn't really cheat on Rei, and that he did what he did because he had no choice (or as someone else said, because he doesn't actually know what he feels).
Thanks to Kallen4life's post, I'm amending what I previously said about Takashi's monologue.

Takashi's monologue at the end wasn't as self-serving as was 'officially translated'. I think that a more literal translation would shed some light on it (although I'm not the best source on this myself so dont' quote me!):

"I accepted it - the darkness of this girl. No, rather everything about the end. Of course I did it for the sake of my own survival."

Looking at it like this, one could say that Takashi was commenting that in these times, everyone was going to show their dark side and that he's learned to try and accept this new 'darkness' as well. In other words, he's going to try and keep an open mind about it all, especially since he has a dark side of his own.

He just didn't think that 'Miss Perfect' Saeko was a self-realized borderline psycho and so, to hear it from her was pretty jarring, especially since he was nursing a crush on her. So since she was looking down on herself so much, saying that because of her violence that she didn't deserve happiness by confessing to the guy that she liked like a 'normal girl', Takashi kissed her - to show that she was still well-liked and desireable even with her 'confession' to the contrary. Although effective to a degree, it brought on Phase II of Saeko's BSOD - that if she was going to get worse, that she would be better off dying as a means of 'atoning' for her sins. Which then brought on the epic Boob Grab of Destiny....
Old 2010-08-30, 15:43   Link #3747
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

So did anyone else catch the anime filler at the end of the shrine scene that implied Saeko and Takashi fucked? I thought it was cute. And lol I wonder if they're going to act like they just returned from a honeymoon next ep. Should surely be great fun with Rei and Takagi is already showing textbook jealousy.
Old 2010-08-30, 15:57   Link #3748
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

See i told you who are pm'ing me on what was removed here >_<

now you know that SHE is a SADIST
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 16:07   Link #3749
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the rewrite. Yes, the show doesn't take itself too seriously, and quite obvious at that.
It takes the source material and enhance the flash and cheese, and it's all intentional.

And if anyone's going to complain about "OMG cheesy shock value effect", well, they got the wrong idea in the first place.
It's the PERFECT ingredient to enhancing a boobs n' zombies fare.

Another +1 rep for Madhouse from me. aohige approves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
So did anyone else catch the anime filler at the end of the shrine scene that implied Saeko and Takashi fucked? I thought it was cute.
I loved how Saeko was "fixing" her skirts afterwards.
You all are dancing on the palm of the creators.
Old 2010-08-30, 16:09   Link #3750
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaxxmintpie View Post
hmm so

Spoiler for what happened in episode 9:
They had sex. What do you think lured out zombies in the end? Obviously not the wind in the trees
Old 2010-08-30, 16:34   Link #3751
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Nureru! Nureru! Nureru!

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 16:36   Link #3752
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
They had sex. What do you think lured out zombies in the end? Obviously not the wind in the trees
Damn they should have at least a min dedicated for that scene, hopefully when the dvd comes out, things would be less implicit
Old 2010-08-30, 16:58   Link #3753
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
It HAD to be the wind, how else can you explain it? Or are you assuming they were going at it till the fkng sunrise?
If that's true then Takashi is god lol, but then again who wouldn't do it the whole night when you're with Seiko
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 17:07   Link #3754
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post

Nureru! Nureru! Nureru!
Is it just me, or does that look like it's been photoshopped? I know it hasn't, though it just so looks like it.
Old 2010-08-30, 17:07   Link #3755
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post

Nureru! Nureru! Nureru!

Further proof that Saeko's boobies have a mind of their own. Just look how happy they are!
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 17:11   Link #3756
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Such a structurally unsound bra, no wonder they bounce all over the place.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 17:12   Link #3757
Maverick05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Some interesting changes being discussed from episode 9. I have not had the chance to watch it yet as i am still at work. This is going to be interesting as i hope some of my fears are not going to be realized in this episode. It would seem they are changing the whole dynamic between Takashi, Saeko and Rei. Could Madhouse been secretly shipping for one or another.

cant wait to watch 2 two hours of work to go.
Well, I think Madhouse idea for the ending of the series is the following:

Saeko and Rei fighting, tearing their clothes one by one and boobs flying all over the epic battlefield covered with sakuras and dead bodies.....while Saya is watching in sniping position waiting for the weakened winner.

And a few blocks away, in an empty 5-stars hotel, Shizuka is preparing a drug/alcohol/aphrodisiac drinks to the guys. Poor woman isn't 16-18 years old, so she needs to go first so she can pop as many kids as the girls.
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 17:13   Link #3758
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ Hand of God
Old 2010-08-30, 17:16   Link #3759
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
Or are you assuming they were going at it till the fkng sunrise?
Well, yeah. Logically. Naturally.
Old 2010-08-30, 17:23   Link #3760
kobun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
^Such a structurally unsound bra, no wonder they bounce all over the place.
ha, your right... whats the point of even wearing a bra... i bet her back must be in pain a lot of the time..
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse