Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-03-22, 18:37   Link #3761
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Thank you, Kazu-kun.

I never bothered to mention this, I'm the one person that thought it was just awesome, but not really funny. I guess I really am that weird.
This is even funnier if you watch this videoclip. It's very hilarious how angry Embryo was when he found out. The episode overall was very good.
Old 2015-03-22, 19:35   Link #3762
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I saw the video clip, it was just eh to me.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 19:54   Link #3763
Ryuga

That whole convo with Tusk and Embryo was legendary. The fact that Tusk lied about sleeping with Ange for 3 days and nights just to piss Embryo off more was the icing on the cake.

Other than that, I'm glad Chris didn't die and got some redemption. Yeah, she got off pretty easy, but it's clear she's a mess. I love how she was still acting like a brat and wanting Rosalie to spoil her, as well as Rosalie mentioning her "stash".
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 19:58   Link #3764
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post
This is even funnier if you watch this videoclip. It's very hilarious how angry Embryo was when he found out. The episode overall was very good.
Lonely Island fits better with that clip!

Anyways, let's see if Tusk can go into another dimension to find Ange and give her panties back!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 20:02   Link #3765
Kurohane

The anime staff needs to watch Little Busters to learn what friendship is.
Old 2015-03-22, 20:13   Link #3766
MgMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
The anime staff needs to watch Little Busters to learn what friendship is.
Vastly different situations. I don't believe the characters in Little Busters befriended each other in a harsh military-prison environment.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 20:43   Link #3767
Wandering Soul

Tusk bragging to Embryo about getting laid by Ange was hilarious and awesome.
Old 2015-03-22, 20:45   Link #3768
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
What an actiony episode! Also it's revealed Jill had a thing for Tusk's dad and that's how Embryo exploited her (no proof he mind screwed her like Ange though, so was it rape of every bit as the flashbacks indicate?). Maybe we'll get last minute reveals in the final episode. For those unaware, Aura's roar was that of Ebirah from the Godzilla franchise, you guys should see some kaiju movies some time.

Technically he's only done the latter to Ange, the others all seemed very willing after just giving them what they wanted.
There was a bit of Heisei era King Ghidorah and Millennium era Baragon (Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah Giant All-Out Monsters Attack) roars mixed in.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 20:55   Link #3769
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Plus the male dragons had Mothra howls.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 21:16   Link #3770
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
He flew back to the base to search for Ange, not to protect it, he said so himself. He spotted her at some point during the trip there/him leaving the base and Ange was still in the area, hence why he could teleport over to her. He obviously doesn't care about Aura anymore. That being said, yes, Embryo could've caught Ange before numerous times, but it's pretty clear that the creators wanted a conflict. I mean, if they had Embryo teleport and capture Ange immediately, then what? Besides, he's got her now anyway so it doesn't really matter.
Firstly that was even stranger, considering he pretty much allowed Ange to sneak by and let Salia fighting with her, if his goal was really to recapture Ange that is (because protecting Aura then was simply unnecessary). Secondly what triggered him to leave Tusk was hearing Salako song, which had nothing to do with Ange.

And i don't buy the bold bit either. What do you think if Ange suddenly just use her super-power-punch on Embryo and he suddenly drop dead without any explanation? Then the director went on twitter saying about how "she could have killed Embryo all along, but it will make the ending boring, so we made him invincible then. But she killed him in the end so it doesn't really matter"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
Embryo's a mash up of several mecha villains blown up to the extreme, all of them like screwing around with women and manipulating people.
Or in another word: lazy character design. He was mashed up by several villain stereotypes, and switch around into whichever the plot needs him to.

He firstly started as a ruthless perfectionist leader, who was willing to sacrifice the minority to build his perfect society. Then he turned into a sexist womaniser who going around collecting women into his harem and bending them to power under excuses of wanting to create a new world with them. Then suddenly now he turned to a total asshole, who care none for world building, nor women and specifically went out of the way to show that.

Won't surprise one bit, if he suddenly want to become God next episode . Not one bit
Old 2015-03-23, 00:28   Link #3771
kobun

Looking at the preview, it looks like ange gets a new paramail, that unit in the end was not vilkiss, unless it gets a new final upgrade.

I think tusk uses vilkiss to get to the other world with salako,
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 01:09   Link #3772
Somnus
Eh?

I am going to laugh really, really hard if they decide to begin the next episode with a classic "morning after" scene with Ange waking up in a bed in Embryo's paradise/illusion world thingy. I feel like CA has 1 major inexplicably troll-like moment left in it....or maybe seven, which will inevitably push it to nonsensical greatness. Or something like Ange waking up from that Mana machine in the very beginning after being notified she successfully completed her Rite of Passage, ha ha ha.

Being honest, I'm one of those people who puts a heavy emphasis on an ending making or breaking a show. That said, CA is set up in a way that I don't even know what kind of ending I'd be disappointed with, simply leaving an interest to see what they're going to pull off.
Old 2015-03-23, 01:34   Link #3773
QSTraderDG86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I am going to laugh really, really hard if they decide to begin the next episode with a classic "morning after" scene with Ange waking up in a bed in Embryo's paradise/illusion world thingy. I feel like CA has 1 major inexplicably troll-like moment left in it....or maybe seven, which will inevitably push it to nonsensical greatness. Or something like Ange waking up from that Mana machine in the very beginning after being notified she successfully completed her Rite of Passage, ha ha ha.

Being honest, I'm one of those people who puts a heavy emphasis on an ending making or breaking a show. That said, CA is set up in a way that I don't even know what kind of ending I'd be disappointed with, simply leaving an interest to see what they're going to pull off.
Doubt it's going to take that long. Odds are, Vilkiss has a certain connection to Ange, and given its instant transmission ability, I wouldn't be surprised to see if it instant-transmits itself to Ange, along with Tusk, Salako, and maybe some others in tow.

I mean let's face it, all that's left is just giving the final villain a formal beatdown, and regrouping everyone for a victory party.
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 02:17   Link #3774
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post

That gonna be some unique ending through. Ange waked up, then tried to solve all issues now, include her brother jealousy, her sister hatred, the Arzenal's treatment, and the conflict against Dragon. Now from an empowered position

But if you want to pull that off, you need proper writing. There is no way in hell CA's staffs will invest anywhere near as much brain power to write a proper story like that. Heck, these are the guys who claimed fire proof clothes can stop explosion, and Momoka has dimensional pocket in her chest to store frying pan
Old 2015-03-23, 03:17   Link #3775
ReddyRedWolf

And I was right! It is a case of a Mech A.I. going god am I.

The title was a pun all along.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 08:17   Link #3776
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
snip
He said to Tusk "I'm going to look for my wife" after he heard the song. I mean, you can't get anymore clear than that lol. He no longer needed to protect Aura either.

Embryo teleported Salia and co. while inside their Ragna-mails, but for Ange, he needed to physically touch her. Which makes me think his powers have limitations and he can partially teleport what he can see visually/objects become bound to whatever he wants to teleport, whereas touching them provides a focus. He didn't want to teleport Ange with her Villkiss, which would actually make sense.

But yeah, it's probably a case of plot contrivance. Here's some examples: why don't characters just attack while the other char's powering up instead of standing around? Why do villains not kill characters immediately instead of capturing and/or taunting them? Similar to the point you're making, why do they save their best attacks until last? Let's apply this to Cross Ange. Why doesn't Embryo just teleport into people's mechs and kill them? Why didn't he teleport behind Tusk and shoot him in the head during their duel? Why did he bother to use Momoka as a puppet to fight him? Why did Salia not kill Ange when she crashed into the wall? Why this? Why that? It's obvious why. It allowed for more events (Tusk fighting Embryo and all sorts of other things) to happen during this episode. And he ended up teleporting Ange anyway! There are so many plot contrivances in fiction just to make events happen. Personally, it only matters to me when it intrudes on the story, and for me, it doesn't.

As for Embryo, let's face it, he was always an arsehole and it was hinted he was a womaniser to begin with. How else would Jill have personal history with him/know so much about him and why else would Embryo say she looked pretty when she was angry and know her real name? Why else would he harp on about how beautiful Ange was during ep 13? He was always going to destroy the world way back in ep 12 because he felt the current World of Mana was a failure. It's always been clear he never really cared that much about the other pilots and he was just using them back in ep 19. It's even spelled out word for word by Jill herself in this very episode. It's known he's a liar and he's only got eyes for Ange. He fancies her, she can defy him and he wants the chase, especially considering he's a very bored man. The guy's arrogant and thinks he can control everyone. Is Embryo a ridiculous villain? Yup. Is he intentionally a rip-off of existing villains? Yup. This entire show's referencing so much things deliberately and blowing them up the point of absurdity.

Last edited by Ryuga; 2015-03-23 at 16:03.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 10:31   Link #3777
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Soooo Ange got captured again lol. The best part of the episode was Tusk talking about Ange accepted him into her deepest warmest parts . Even if he dies he wins I couldnt stop laughing
Old 2015-03-23, 15:05   Link #3778
TheRealWinston

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Won't surprise one bit, if he suddenly want to become God next episode . Not one bit
Isn't he actually a god now?
TheRealWinston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 17:00   Link #3779
Casshern

Hard to believe that this is the same anime where they separated a baby from it's mother and Angelise told her to have another one that is human next time, the same anime where Angelise was raped and later showed a brutal death like Zola's. So many trolls in Sunrise...
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 19:51   Link #3780
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWinston View Post
Isn't he actually a god now?
Technically, he was called a Tuner but Embryo is basically god as this point. Whatever he is, be it god or some rotting corpse, Embryo is an asshole!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanservice, mecha, ps vita, romance