AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Gurren-Lagann - Episode 27 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 340 65.01%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 97 18.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 6.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 3.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.19%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 3.25%
Voters: 523. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-02, 18:16   Link #361
Bunnyslayer

O___O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
No Simon, you can't get to the surface. You can't beat these Ganmen. Stop here.
Simon wasnt even aware that the surface existed and if it wasnt for kamina wouldnt have even tried to pilot the Lagann he was scared shitless when Kamina told him to do it.

Quote:
No Simon, you can't beat these Beastmen on the surface, stop here.
He didnt beat them He gave up and lost all control of Lagann. Ritona Village drove them off without his help had it not been for them he would have died.

Quote:
No Simon, you can't do anything about Kamina. It's all worthless. Stop here.
He did see it as worthless have you even watched the series because apperntly you dont remember Emo Simon. He had no will to do anything but sulk all day and couldnt even pilot the lagann he didnt even care about life he just sat in a dark room all day making busts of kamina head. It was Nia that gave him a reason to keep going a little while later.

So stop acting like Simon never gave up because he did give up plenty of times before =/
Old 2007-10-02, 18:28   Link #362
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnyslayer View Post
O___O

Simon wasnt even aware that the surface existed and if it wasnt for kamina wouldnt have even tried to pilot the Lagann he was scared shitless when Kamina told him to do it.
But he did it.

Someone believed in him, so he did it.

Quote:
He didnt beat them He gave up and lost all control of Lagann. Ritona Village drove them off without his help had it not been for them he would have died.
Live and learn.

Quote:
He did see it as worthless have you even watched the series because apperntly you dont remember Emo Simon. He had no will to do anything but sulk all day and couldnt even pilot the lagann he didnt even care about life he just sat in a dark room all day making busts of kamina head. It was Nia that gave him a reason to keep going a little while later.
Right, so that's how he matured as an individual. That death was necessary.

Quote:
So stop acting like Simon never gave up because he did give up plenty of times before =/
And now look at him.

:P

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2007-10-02, 18:54   Link #363
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chechiarts View Post
lol heres the true ok i am goin to tell you what he say in that scene here goes

human boota=barrier field class 8 mirror shield dissolving block 3865 under bombardment

simon= any loses?

boota=minor but the wing generator are exposed

simom=dont lose your cool cmon lets show them just who they're messing with

other voice= enemy fleet impossibly large

boota so all the heavenly lights are the enemy

simon= they are a good match for us i squash them along with the space time itself

boota prepare the elshtreim cannon target the great dimensional government

simon= gurren lagann spin on who do you think i am

there see so you can see with you eyes here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YgCN5McEmM

www.freewebs.com/chechiarts
Dude.. you don't even read my next post after that

Quote:
i'm currently re-watching the prequel in eps 1 (or the so called never happened prequel) to find out what you actually means and too bad i didn't see that, maybe what u mean is when the boota guy said "prepare the elstraim cannon, align it with the great dimensional rift" is that the one? maybe u thought simon was the one who was saying the "aling it with the great dimensional rift" line because he was shown, but no, it was the "boota" guy who said it
Well i don't know which translation is correct, but i assume that is not some kind of plot device for next season, maybe some kind of alternate end if you would like, but for next season to be triggered with "TARGET GREAT DIMENSIONAL RIFT" or your source "TARGET GREAT DIMENSIONAL GOVERNMENT" errr i'm not buying it sory
Old 2007-10-02, 18:57   Link #364
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
All he had to do was FIX Nia. Not bring ANYONE back from the dead. One this that I belive should be true in all anime is that once someone is dead, they should stay dead. But she could have been saved while still alive using Simouns HAXX Spiral Power.

Also, Kamina's and Kitan's deaths made sense. Kamina let his guard down for one second, the got blown up. It was unexpected, BUT MADE SENSE. Kitan pulled a kamikaze attack. When that song started playing, we all knew he was not gonna make it. Nia.........well, they just made up that crap in the last 15 minutes of a 27 episode show.
Yes, fix. Because we all know it is possible, please show me the evidence that you can 'fix' someone. You people get all caught up on ressurection and fixing things with spiral power, when in the show has anyone been 'fixed' or revived because of spiral power?

You also seem to have missed a pretty solid message that has always been within this story, no victory comes without a price. It is one of the more blatant themes in this story. Everyone died for a purpose, Nia's death is no exception.

Malen summed it up best, Nia is like the hand. When the head died, the hand kept moving for a little while. Not much you can do to save that hand though.

Quote:
The point in arguing that Nia be brought back isn't as important as the point of why she had to DIE in the first place. Noone's been able to clarify that yet. There is no BENEFICIAL reason to have killed her off.
When is there a beneficial reason to kill someone off? Killing Kamina was beneficial? Kittan? Using your twisted logic of happy endings, they should have survived too because they had uber spiral power and there deaths weren't 'beneficial'.

She was never 'real' to begin with, she was a creation. The AS and even Genome's. Her death marked the transition and was, believe it or not, the final test for Simon. But that's not beneficial enough.

Quote:
Simon was a true hero from the start of the damn show. I don't think anyone doubted that. There was no need to test him at the very end, when everything was and done. We know he's mature at this point. We know he's a hero. Nothing more needs to be proven. He gave everything he could to save EVERYTHING IN EXISTANCE but he couldn't save 'his everything', and that's a crock of shit as a result.
This wasn't testing if he was a hero or not. This was testing if he would do just like the AS believed he would, which was fall to using the spiral power for whatever needs. You really need to get your head out of the clouds and read greek plays or hell books. True heroes are the ones that lose everything for everything. So, using your own words, Simon was a true hero through and through.

Quote:
She spends seven years with the guy, but doesn't catch on to the fact that he wants to marry her, then she goes evil, does her bit for a little while, then suddenly realizes she doesn't want to do it anymore. Now there's HOPE. Save me Simon. I don't want to be an anti-spiral anymore. He finally saves her, and the first thing she does is to basically tell him straight up, "Yo I'm pretty much dead?"

SAVE HER ASS STUPID. SAVE HER FROM HERSELF.

Why did he stop there? Why did he accept it? After all we've been led to believe you don't think he would have tried SOMEHOW, someway? Did Gainax just not believe that this guy deserved happiness? Why?
There is a fine line between trying and selling your soul to the devil. Gainax made a story where war has a price and the future too comes at price. Kamina, Kittan, Nia. They were the price for finally moving forward. No matter how much you kick reason to the curb somethings cannot be avoided.
Old 2007-10-02, 19:02   Link #365
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
I guess she could not be saved because she was an Anti-Spiral and once they all died, she died with them. At least the way I understood it was that she could not be saved from death and that she could possibly be revived with Spiral power later. In other words, I guess even if Spiral power could bring people back to life, it could not change Anti-Spirals into Spiral beings.

Well, again, if you look at it from the perspective that she was an Anti-Spiral, her death made sense. Also it wasn't sudden at all. Many people predicted she would die way back in episode 18 when she turned Anti-Spiral and guess what...it happened.
The problem now lies with how the writers screwed up with Nia's plot. The main question is why the hell they kept changing her origins? She was originally at least a humanoid created by Genome, meaning that she is at least physically human, she managed to stay alive for 7 years without any form of Anti-spiral intervention and suddenly she becomes a virtual doll that was created by the anti-spirals?? It just makes no sense! Where's the connection? All that crap about her having anti-spiral genes inside her just shows that she can go either way. And so what if she suddenly became 99% anti spiral after those genes were activated? Didn't Simon say that he'd turn her back to normal? And instead of finding out a way, Gainax just did the "screw it and let her die beautifully, no questions asked" crap. It doesn't help that the Anti spirals were originally spiral beings. There are many ways to return Nia back to normal by tying up some loose ends in the plot, but instead they opted for the "hey, now she's anti spiral, she must die, too troublesome to think up of something to plausibly reverse it"

Well I'm touched that everyone now is bickering about Nia's death. Makes me happy. And yes Gurren Lagann is probably the best Gainax show ever. And yes everyone loves it bla bla.

But still this only proves one thing. Gainax can never break out of its mold of screwing around with female characters. If you read my post, you'll know why -> http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1391

To those people who used Kamina's and Kittan's deaths as justification for Nia's death, you guys are just suckers because Gainax did what they do best, they screwed a female character: Yoko.

But I have to give it to Gainax, because they know how to turn a tale and glorify it.
Old 2007-10-02, 19:06   Link #366
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
The problem now lies with how the writers screwed up with Nia's plot. The main question is why the hell they kept changing her origins? She was originally at least a humanoid created by Genome, meaning that she is at least physically human, she managed to stay alive for 7 years without any form of Anti-spiral intervention and suddenly she becomes a virtual doll that was created by the anti-spirals?? It just makes no sense! Where's the connection? All that crap about her having anti-spiral genes inside her just shows that she can go either way. And so what if she suddenly became 99% anti spiral after those genes were activated? Didn't Simon say that he'd turn her back to normal? And instead of finding out a way, Gainax just did the "screw it and let her die beautifully, no questions asked" crap. It doesn't help that the Anti spirals were originally spiral beings. There are many ways to return Nia back to normal by tying up some loose ends in the plot, but instead they opted for the "hey, now she's anti spiral, she must die, too troublesome to think up of something to plausibly reverse it"

Well I'm touched that everyone now is bickering about Nia's death. Makes me happy. And yes Gurren Lagann is probably the best Gainax show ever. And yes everyone loves it bla bla.

But still this only proves one thing. Gainax can never break out of its mold of screwing around with female characters. If you read my post, you'll know why -> http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1391

To those people who used Kamina's and Kittan's deaths as justification for Nia's death, you guys are just suckers because Gainax did what they do best, they screwed a female character: Yoko.

But I have to give it to Gainax, because they know how to turn a tale and glorify it.
If you think about it, it does work. The AS can impose their genes where ever but it seems to happen by chance. So it was by chance that she ended up with those genes. It doesn't matter if she was genomes creation or not, here genes still come from Spirals which means the AS trump card can come into play. She then becomes a virtual doll which changes her DNA structure to that of the AS, she becomes one of them but since they are basically the same thing she does not change. Since they also had Spiral capabilities, she retained hers when her will broke free from the monotony that is AS. When the AS died, with most of her but her will being AS, she disappeared along with them. Her will, as I see it, is what kept her together for as long as it did.
Old 2007-10-02, 19:18   Link #367
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:

Well, Gainax can't please everybody. I was pretty content with the finale. You and many others apparently are not. It's just the way it goes - they chose to have her die as many of us logically predicted instead of pulling up some plot device in the end to keep her alive.

As far as the dual nature of Nia, I guess the 1% of spiral genes that she retained were what kept her alive after the last battle and up to the wedding, but that's as far as she could go. I guess there was no way of turning the anti-spiral genes back to normal. Maybe if they could grab a hold of the Anti-Spiral technology, they could do that, but all of that was destroyed with their home planet.

Also, about Yoko, Gainax screwed her up indeed. I could see why Kamina's death was necessary, but they did not need to kill off Kittan as well. I was really hoping that those two would end up together, but since Kittan got such an impressive death scene, I'm willing to forgive Gainax for killing him off.
Old 2007-10-02, 19:24   Link #368
Master Chibi

Quote:
Yes, fix. Because we all know it is possible, please show me the evidence that you can 'fix' someone. You people get all caught up on ressurection and fixing things with spiral power, when in the show has anyone been 'fixed' or revived because of spiral power?
Yes, go ahead and ask for evidence on how you can't fix someone, and then tell me how it's possible to fight and throw galaxies at each other, to shove people into alternate realties, or to create machines that run on PURE WILLPOWER and so on.

Quote:
When is there a beneficial reason to kill someone off? Killing Kamina was beneficial? Kittan? Using your twisted logic of happy endings, they should have survived too because they had uber spiral power and there deaths weren't 'beneficial'.
Kamina helped Simon grow before death and after, and Kittan was a sacrifice for the greater good of the mission.

Nia HAD TO die because the anti-spirals made her their bitch? Ok, that makes sense how?

Quote:
She was never 'real' to begin with, she was a creation. The AS and even Genome's. Her death marked the transition and was, believe it or not, the final test for Simon. But that's not beneficial enough.
No, turning Simon into a sorry ass hermit isn't beneficial. There was no freaking need to test him at the end. That's just being sadistic. Leave the fucking guy alone and let him leave in happiness. It's not horrible enough that he finds this out DURING battle, but that she has to disappear on their wedding day? Oh yeah, great memories. Good times.

Quote:
This wasn't testing if he was a hero or not. This was testing if he would do just like the AS believed he would, which was fall to using the spiral power for whatever needs. You really need to get your head out of the clouds and read greek plays or hell books. True heroes are the ones that lose everything for everything. So, using your own words, Simon was a true hero through and through.
Yes, go ahead and compare TTGL to Greek tragedies. While you're at it, let's compare it to Hamlet somehow, and various other literary works in the past few centuries that hold no damn relevance to KICKING REASON TO THE CURB and plain old FUCKING SHIT UP.

Quote:
No matter how much you kick reason to the curb somethings cannot be avoided.
Ugh.

Whatever.

Old 2007-10-02, 19:24   Link #369
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
If you think about it, it does work. The AS can impose their genes where ever but it seems to happen by chance. So it was by chance that she ended up with those genes. It doesn't matter if she was genomes creation or not, here genes still come from Spirals which means the AS trump card can come into play. She then becomes a virtual doll which changes her DNA structure to that of the AS, she becomes one of them but since they are basically the same thing she does not change. Since they also had Spiral capabilities, she retained hers when her will broke free from the monotony that is AS. When the AS died, with most of her but her will being AS, she disappeared along with them. Her will, as I see it, is what kept her together for as long as it did.
Please, this anime never talked about reason at all for 26 and a half episodes. Yes, your reasoning sounds very plausible but the reverse could be true. Perhaps there's an ounce of Spiral genes still left inside her? If they actually carried on with the "not 0%" crap, they could have made Nia bring forth the latent Spiral energies inside her and "break through" all the anti spiral genes. If the anti spirals can activate her genes, can she also not through sheer willpower and Simon's influence reverse it? After all Spiral energy made turned Boota into a humanoid with Spiral powers even though Boota is just a beast influenced by Simon.

Everything is possible so as long they can change the plot. But Gainax didn't, so I guess that's that.
Look, the fact that they gave her clover shaped eyes is already the first sign that she's going to be the next Nono of Diebuster. I knew that of course, but seeing 26 episodes of whacked up action gave me hope that Gainax might actually do something different for once. Yet they disappointed me.
Old 2007-10-02, 19:27   Link #370
Var
Banned

Quote:
Please, this anime never talked about reason at all for 26 and a half episodes. Yes, your reasoning sounds very plausible but the reverse could be true. Perhaps there's an ounce of Spiral genes still left inside her? If they actually carried on with the "not 0%" crap, they could have made Nia bring forth the latent Spiral energies inside her and "break through" all the anti spiral genes. If the anti spirals can activate her genes, can she also not through sheer willpower and Simon's influence reverse it? After all Spiral energy made turned Boota into a humanoid with Spiral powers even though Boota is just a beast influenced by Simon.

Everything is possible so as long they can change the plot. But Gainax didn't, so I guess that's that.
Wasn't it said that all over her changed though? Meaning that they set up for her death when the whole thing started.

Quote:
Yes, go ahead and ask for evidence on how you can't fix someone, and then tell me how it's possible to fight and throw galaxies at each other, to shove people into alternate realties, or to create machines that run on PURE WILLPOWER and so on.
Lets just move one by one. Its easy to fight, not sure what you meant with that. Throwing galaxies? Galaxies are masses, physically speaking they can be thrown by a large enough object, now they won't slice into other galaxies or get stuck in them. They weren't shoved into alternate realities, their minds were simply told they were else where, this is no different from brainwashing. Don't really know what to say about the machines... Though you have to look at it like this, everything that happened through the show was physical, there was no tampering with the essence of life. They did not cross the boundary of god, which is the control of life and death.

Quote:
Kamina helped Simon grow before death and after, and Kittan was a sacrifice for the greater good of the mission.

Nia HAD TO die because the anti-spirals made her their bitch? Ok, that makes sense how?
No. Nia had to die for basically the same reason that you believe Kamina had to die. Just that her death was not only for Simon. Her very existence through the show helped humanity grow, her death was another such step. Same for Kittan and Nia. She was also a sacrifice for the greater good. Her or the universe... universe please.

Quote:
No, turning Simon into a sorry ass hermit isn't beneficial. There was no freaking need to test him at the end. That's just being sadistic. Leave the fucking guy alone and let him leave in happiness. It's not horrible enough that he finds this out DURING battle, but that she has to disappear on their wedding day? Oh yeah, great memories. Good times.
He's a sorry ass hermit? He seemed quite content with his life of helping people. Its not just testing him. Its testing what he called the limit of the AS and also what the AS called to be his limit. He proved them wrong. It was also a test for humanity. Does it do as the AS predicts or does it carve out a new path.

Wake up and realize that he was happy, given the circumstances, at the end. He was not mopping, he was moving forward.

Quote:
Yes, go ahead and compare TTGL to Greek tragedies. While you're at it, let's compare it to Hamlet somehow, and various other literary works in the past few centuries that hold no damn relevance to KICKING REASON TO THE CURB and plain old FUCKING SHIT UP.
I offered a comparison to the word you used. A true hero. A word from greek plays, when did I even say a tragedy? Hamlet does not apply, sorry to burst your bubble of believing that play citation without reason has any value. He is a true hero, simple. He lost everything to gain everything

Quote:
Ugh.

Whatever.
You wanted reasoning. Simple.

Last edited by Var; 2007-10-02 at 19:39.
Old 2007-10-02, 19:42   Link #371
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Wasn't it said that all over her changed though? Meaning that they set up for her death when the whole thing started.
Then they shouldn't pull up some cocktease of "as long it's not 0%, it's not over" crap.
This show was all about breaking through reason, unfortunately Gainax had to do a realistic ending. Don't get me wrong, I still think the episode is pretty good. But they could have made it much better without Nia dying. Unfortunately, Gainax has to do a controversial ending because it's their style. If Gainax actually thought up of some "deux ex machina" to save Nia and made the ending a lot more happier with a more colorful 20 year later epilogue, would it be that bad at all? Would people really complain that "hey this is not Gainax style, they should kill her"? Or would they say "OMG, Gainax finally did a happy ending!? That's so unheard of!". Unfortunately we'll never know.

The only time i remember Gainax pulling off something consistent from the first second to the last was FLCL. And they couldn't do that with Gurren Lagann?
Old 2007-10-02, 19:46   Link #372
Master Chibi

Quote:
If Gainax actually thought up of some "deux ex machina" to save Nia and made the ending a lot more happier with a more colorful 20 year later epilogue, would it be that bad at all? Would people really complain that "hey this is not Gainax style, they should kill her"? Or would they say "OMG, Gainax finally did a happy ending!? That's so unheard of!". Unfortunately we'll never know.
That's why I keep arguing.

And why I'm so absurdly passionate about this.

:\

Old 2007-10-02, 19:50   Link #373
Var
Banned

Quote:
Then they shouldn't pull up some cocktease of "as long it's not 0%, it's not over" crap.
This show was all about breaking through reason, unfortunately Gainax had to do a realistic ending. Don't get me wrong, I still think the episode is pretty good. But they could have made it much better without Nia dying. Unfortunately, Gainax has to do a controversial ending because it's their style. If Gainax actually thought up of some "deux ex machina" to save Nia and made the ending a lot more happier with a more colorful 20 year later epilogue, would it be that bad at all? Would people really complain that "hey this is not Gainax style, they should kill her"? Or would they say "OMG, Gainax finally did a happy ending!? That's so unheard of!". Unfortunately we'll never know.

The only time i remember Gainax pulling off something consistent from the first second to the last was FLCL. And they couldn't do that with Gurren Lagann?
Simon said he'd save her. He did. I don't really see problems with consistency. But like you said, it really depends on the observer. For me it all made sense, for others I suppose it could have been better.
Old 2007-10-02, 19:54   Link #374
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Simon said he'd save her. He did. I don't really see problems with consistency. But like you said, it really depends on the observer. For me it all made sense, for others I suppose it could have been better.
Err... he did not say anything about saving her... the exact words were "Nia, will you turn back to normal?" And that was where the "not 0% = 100%" came in. It's about her body. Saving her is a given duh. The writers did not clarify on her body and just put some lame reason that because she's anti spiral, she has to die in the final episode. From episode 22 onwards, it was Simon's quest to save her and return her back to normal. But somewhere along the way, the writers just chugged out the "not 0%" part and concentrated everything on just saving her. That's why I said the writers screwed up.
Old 2007-10-02, 20:06   Link #375
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
The problem now lies with how the writers screwed up with Nia's plot. The main question is why the hell they kept changing her origins? She was originally at least a humanoid created by Genome, meaning that she is at least physically human, she managed to stay alive for 7 years without any form of Anti-spiral intervention and suddenly she becomes a virtual doll that was created by the anti-spirals?? It just makes no sense! Where's the connection?
Correct me if I'm missing something, but I don't think her origin was changed.

Genome knew ahead of time that Nia was carrying the anti-spiral "genes", and that's why he put her away like he did. But that was something he'd done numerous times before.

It was by chance that Nia carried the anti-spiral genes, but it wasn't that she was selected: Genome was the one who (if we follow the implications of the Anti-Spiral's words, by chance) passed on the anti-spiral gene, and she is presumably his actual daughter.
Old 2007-10-02, 20:11   Link #376
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Correct me if I'm missing something, but I don't think her origin was changed.

Genome knew ahead of time that Nia was carrying the anti-spiral "genes", and that's why he put her away like he did. But that was something he'd done numerous times before.

It was by chance that Nia carried the anti-spiral genes, but it wasn't that she was selected: Genome was the one who (if we follow the implications of the Anti-Spiral's words, by chance) passed on the anti-spiral gene, and she is presumably his actual daughter.
If by your reasoning, and she is Genome's actual daughter, then she should have spiral genes as well. So would it be wrong for the spiral genes inside her to win in the end? It's not impossible. And if you link that reasoning to Simon's claim that as long it's not 0%, Nia can be back to normal, then all the more reason she should be able to become human again. But the writers mucked up and just concentrated on killing the anti spirals and forgot about ep 22 where Simon said he would turn her back to normal.
Old 2007-10-02, 20:22   Link #377
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
If by your reasoning, and she is Genome's actual daughter, then she should have spiral genes as well. So would it be wrong for the spiral genes inside her to win in the end?
Unless when the anit-spiral genes activated, they more or less removed the spiral genes and took over their function....

Anyway, what I don't understand is that twenty years later, why hasn't Simon let someone else inside his heart? (only based on what little we see of older Simon).

Old 2007-10-02, 20:40   Link #378
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Unless when the anit-spiral genes activated, they more or less removed the spiral genes and took over their function....

Anyway, what I don't understand is that twenty years later, why hasn't Simon let someone else inside his heart? (only based on what little we see of older Simon).

Didn't the Anti Spiral mentioned in the last episode that they were originally spiral beings? By TTGL's standard of doing the impossible, shouldn't they be able to come up with some whacked up crap that Nia could reverse her Anti spiral genes into Spiral energized genes? She could have done an awesomegasmic transformation ala Nono Diebuster and people will still think it's awesome, it's totally whacked and it actually follows the main theme of the story.

And why the hell should Simon like someone else in 20 years?? After killing Nia?? That would enrage fans even more. And what about Yoko? Might as well make her get attached to some other random guy.
Old 2007-10-02, 20:43   Link #379
Master Chibi

No no, Yoko should have kissed Nia.

Then it would have been obvious that kissing Yoko = DEATH.

Old 2007-10-02, 20:50   Link #380
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

Hey, maybe he wanders the world for a year, go finds Yomako-sensei and the two enjoy a few weeks at some beachside resort before wandering off again...

And who can replace his wife in his heart? Yoko? Yoko's got two men in her heart, Simon's not going to step into that one.

And as to why Nia had to die...? So Simon has something to vent in the upcoming OVA when it will be Earth versus the the other Spirals... :P :P :P