Notices

Old 2019-08-10, 13:06   Link #361
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Beautiful.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 13:10   Link #362
MCAL

Kimetsu no Yaiba fans should feel lucky to have such an amazing adaption. Here's hoping Ufotable is here to stay for many more seasons.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 13:28   Link #363
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Beautiful!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 13:55   Link #364
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

It's been like an hour since I saw it and I'm still hyped. Literally every single thing I could name as an element was on point. And then learning Go Shiina and Nami Nakagawa did the ED was like the cherry on top. This was absolutely amazing.
Old 2019-08-10, 14:09   Link #365
Nivek von Beldo

Amazing chapter, Spider-boy was brutal and the battle was very difficult, but first time both worked together and amazing switch from water to fire, very terrific episode.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 14:13   Link #366
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Freaking epic.

Like legit the most epic thing this season.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 15:09   Link #367
Dark Wing

Wait so Tanjirou can use fire?
Old 2019-08-10, 15:35   Link #368
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Wait so Tanjirou can use fire?
Yep, his family uses fire. Maybe he should have told them that in the beginning.
Old 2019-08-10, 16:31   Link #369
grecefar

This was amazing 10/10.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 16:50   Link #370
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

In terms of story, I still don't think this episode reaches the same heights as the Tokyo arc but that final fight sequence was pretty damn awesome.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 17:02   Link #371
Wandering Soul

Going to have to echo the crowd here and agree that was a beautiful sequence.
Old 2019-08-10, 17:58   Link #372
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yep, his family uses fire. Maybe he should have told them that in the beginning.
Yea I remember Tanjirou's family made charcoal for a living but I don't think he even knew it could factor into harnessing the power of fire. That might have been why his blade turned black because he didn't know he had an affinity towards fire.

That could also be why others who blades turn black tend not to live long in demons slaying. They don't realize their true elemental affinity and thus not fighting with their true power. Of course that's just a theory...

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2019-08-11 at 01:02.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 18:37   Link #373
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Remember that Kibutsuji or whatever was interested in tanjiro when he saw him the first time because he reminded him of someone with those hanafuda-like earrings, and now we see his father specifically mention passing down that dance and those earrings to him, not to mention tanjiro identified kibutsuji by smell as the one who massacred their family. Obviously there's more to this but we haven't seen it yet

I stopped watching right before blonde guy was introduced but now I've caught up and will have to stop watching for a few months again lol.

Anyway:

lightning kid is annoying, even after his backstory was revealed. Boar kid isn't as annoying and is bearable.

I don't know what's the plan in sending another 3 rookies to a place where 10 or so other rookies disappeared and then finally sending 2 veteran slayers even after you learned what happened to the other 10 because of a half dead bird, why not send the big guns in the first place?

I don't know if there's a prohibition with using another sword but I'm sure there are at least 10 other unbroken swords in that mountain because of all those dead rookies but tanjiro still used his broken sword in that fight. Well he couldn't have run and get one of the swords and abandon the fight so I'll give them that one lol.

It will be interesting to see what the interaction will be between the sibling's innate fire power (yay nezuko's exploding blood blood art) and tanjiro's water style swordsmanship. water and fire don't usually mix don't they?

Also watching this made me a little depressed because it reminded me of what a good adaptation looks like. Not only is the story flowing smoothly (lol) but the animation's very good as well, if only more shows have the same budget and talent working on them lol.

Finally I wonder how that guy who saved the siblings and sent them to the masked old guy will react after seeing the aftermath of that fight with a member of the 12 kizuki
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 18:42   Link #374
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There was previous foreshadowing with Muzan having been traumatized by a Demon Slayer with the same earrings as Tanjiro, but Tanjiro unlocking his real breath right when he was about to die felt like a typical shounen asspull. The direction and animation were absolutely incredible though, so I was definitely hyped. The writing was also on point for the rest, with the theme of this arc being family. In light of this, what I said earlier is really just a minor complaint.

Shit was amazing.
Old 2019-08-10, 19:18   Link #375
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Bro, gimme that insert song. It elevated the scene from a 10/10 to an 11/10.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 19:52   Link #376
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Easily one of the best brother sister combination moments I have ever seen.

What an epic finish that was, truly magnificent!

both of them now have new skills they can use in future episodes.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 23:40   Link #377
Random14

Awesome fight scene, ufotable's fight scenes are always so good. Not to mention being a family effort with Nezuko using her demon power and then leading into the really nice ending credit sequence. Even now their family still supports them. Its a bit hammy but compared to that demon's crazy idea of family, seeing Tanjiro and Nezuko's family still feels heartwarming.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 23:51   Link #378
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I don't know what's the plan in sending another 3 rookies to a place where 10 or so other rookies disappeared and then finally sending 2 veteran slayers even after you learned what happened to the other 10 because of a half dead bird, why not send the big guns in the first place?
It's probably because it was not thought of that there were strong demons there. Just a group of demons and thus, sending the lower levels there to deal with it. Based on the situation when Tanjiro and Inosuke went into the forest, it could not have been a long time and that the 3 (i.e. Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu) of them could have been part of the same call for lower level demon slayers that went there to handle situation. They were just slower due to their recovery from injuries.

The crow that reported back to headquarters appears to be the first to do so. That's why the 2 pillars were sent. The earlier part of where the first lower level demon slayer thought they were the reinforcements called in was a mistaken identification that they were the reinforcements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I don't know if there's a prohibition with using another sword but I'm sure there are at least 10 other unbroken swords in that mountain because of all those dead rookies but tanjiro still used his broken sword in that fight. Well he couldn't have run and get one of the swords and abandon the fight so I'll give them that one lol.
Your reasoning is partly off. While the swords are personalised the moment it is transferred into the demon slayer's hands from the swordsmith, you have not taken into account that Tanjiro is in an unfamiliar forest and he was flung out to that part of the forest. Expecting to run around looking for a sword of fallen demon slayers in the forest and in the situation that he was in is just poorly thought out. He would have no clue where to go start looking. His sensitive smell is drawn and overpowered by the demonic smell of Rui. Furthermore, for him to search for a sword (the highly unlikely slim possibility) would have his attention drawn away from the immediate danger of Rui. He already has his full attention on facing Rui just to avoid Rui's attacks from a distance. Thus, he has little choice but to use what he has.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-11, 03:47   Link #379
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Holy shit episode 19 was amazing. Kimetsu no Yaiba is the show of the year for me, hands down. I can't see anything even coming close this year, excepting maybe Fate Grand Order.
Old 2019-08-11, 05:16   Link #380
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
It's probably because it was not thought of that there were strong demons there. Just a group of demons and thus, sending the lower levels there to deal with it. Based on the situation when Tanjiro and Inosuke went into the forest, it could not have been a long time and that the 3 (i.e. Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu) of them could have been part of the same call for lower level demon slayers that went there to handle situation. They were just slower due to their recovery from injuries.

The crow that reported back to headquarters appears to be the first to do so. That's why the 2 pillars were sent. The earlier part of where the first lower level demon slayer thought they were the reinforcements called in was a mistaken identification that they were the reinforcements.

Your reasoning is partly off. While the swords are personalised the moment it is transferred into the demon slayer's hands from the swordsmith, you have not taken into account that Tanjiro is in an unfamiliar forest and he was flung out to that part of the forest. Expecting to run around looking for a sword of fallen demon slayers in the forest and in the situation that he was in is just poorly thought out. He would have no clue where to go start looking. His sensitive smell is drawn and overpowered by the demonic smell of Rui. Furthermore, for him to search for a sword (the highly unlikely slim possibility) would have his attention drawn away from the immediate danger of Rui. He already has his full attention on facing Rui just to avoid Rui's attacks from a distance. Thus, he has little choice but to use what he has.
I agree with you on everything. I was just nitpicking. Kanon's observation is more valid than what I posted and even then it doesn't really detract from how well made the episodes on this arc was, or the entire series so far
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demon, shonen