AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-01, 20:05   Link #361
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

To be perfectly honest, I've seen better from Kira, and I'm quite sure that he can beat Shinn if he was serious.good pun is good

It's like when Pacquiao and Marquez fight, because Marquez's fighting style really matches up well against Manny,all of the fights are close ones.

Because the Impulse had fast repair time due to the Silhouette system, It countered what Kira leisurely does to enemy suits. What I really fault is the lack of consistency in the writing. Kira is supposed to be one of the best in adaptability, in that battle, he was slow to react about the situation, it also showed in Berlin where he didn't react as fast as he did.
Old 2011-12-01, 20:30   Link #362
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
What I really fault is the lack of consistency in the writing. Kira is supposed to be one of the best in adaptability, in that battle, he was slow to react about the situation, it also showed in Berlin where he didn't react as fast as he did.
Eh, I wouldn't say it's that inconsistent. Remember his battle with the biological CPUs at Orb?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 21:11   Link #363
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Eh, I wouldn't say it's that inconsistent. Remember his battle with the biological CPUs at Orb?
So are you suggesting that his adaptability isn't that great in the Freedom?
Old 2011-12-01, 22:08   Link #364
monster

Quote:
So are you suggesting that his adaptability isn't that great in the Freedom?
It's not that Kira's adaptability isn't great in the Freedom. But the Freedom is a more capable mobile suit in general than the Strike. In fact, the reason Kira even showed he could adapt was because of all the things Kira had to do just to make the Strike fight on more equal terms with the enemy mobile suits on Earth. With the Freedom, Kira's less likely to need to do that. And having a sustained atmospheric flight capability, the Freedom would tend to be in a dogfight anyway.
Old 2011-12-01, 22:21   Link #365
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

what i found funny in Destiny is this rock paper scissors thing eg

shin beats kira
kira beats athrun
athrun beats shin

watch it again and youll see what i mean

Anyway im a shinn fan i was always looking forward to when shin found out it was from kiras shot that his family died but that never happened
Old 2011-12-01, 22:27   Link #366
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Anyway im a shinn fan i was always looking forward to when shin found out it was from kiras shot that his family died but that never happened
That can't happen because nobody actually knows who killed Shinn's family anyway.
Old 2011-12-01, 22:30   Link #367
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

its pretty obvious from the first 5mins..
Old 2011-12-01, 22:36   Link #368
monster

Quote:
its pretty obvious from the first 5mins..
Even if that were true, I was talking more about the characters themselves, not the audience.
Old 2011-12-01, 22:39   Link #369
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Even if that were true, I was talking more about the characters themselves, not the audience.
true i guess, i doubt theyd have a civi with a home camera filming it then it miraculously ended up in shins hand, thatd be pretty far fetched
Old 2011-12-02, 07:31   Link #370
rakusukira

Quote:

shin beats kira
kira beats athrun
athrun beats shin

i was waiting for that moment too.. i expected Shinn to go all hating on the Freedom for this reason.. but it turns out he only hated the Freedom when Kira stabbed the Destroy and the destruction of it caused Stella's demise.

they missed to highlight this opportunity
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 09:31   Link #371
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
If Kira was an MS killer, Shinn could never have beaten him.. that's a fact. But Kira is the opposite and it was not his intention to fight against ZAFT. he was more concerned about the Archangel since the Freedom is the only mobile suit in that ship ..
The Archangel had a entire squadron of Murasame's stationed at it including the Strike Rogue, the pilots wanted to go out but Kira told them not to.

Quote:

shin beats kira
kira beats athrun
athrun beats shin

Kira is a better pilot than Shinn, he just refuses to kill, that is his big weakness which ends up biting him in the ass in episode 34 of GSD, Shinn and Rey found it out and decided to use it against him, in the end defeating him.

Quote:
i was waiting for that moment too.. i expected Shinn to go all hating on the Freedom for this reason.. but it turns out he only hated the Freedom when Kira stabbed the Destroy and the destruction of it caused Stella's demise.

Fully agree
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 11:32   Link #372
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Let's just compare Kira and Shin as Kenshi and ...uhmm the guy that Misao love's. Who's better then? The one who refuses to kill at all cost or the one who's determine to kill at all cost even by the life of his friends...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 11:43   Link #373
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:

well to be fair to the creators if they did go down that route Shin would of transformed into a mass of pure hate if he found out and they would of been forced to kill him off cause i cant see shin going back to normal after that
Old 2011-12-02, 12:10   Link #374
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
Let's just compare Kira and Shin as Kenshi and ...uhmm the guy that Misao love's. Who's better then? The one who refuses to kill at all cost or the one who's determine to kill at all cost even by the life of his friends...
That comparsion doesnt make sense when it comes to whoever is the better pilot

Quote:
well to be fair to the creators if they did go down that route Shin would of transformed into a mass of pure hate if he found out and they would of been forced to kill him off cause i cant see shin going back to normal after that
They could've used that as a way of shinn getting rid of his hatred though, i wish they let Shinn and Kira talk a bit when they met at the orb memorial in one of the earlier episodes of GSD instead of him not noticing Lacus was there, and just walking off.

such great things could've happend if they let Kira and Shinn interact a tad bit more, or Athrun introducing Kira to Shinn when they docked at orb
Old 2011-12-02, 15:26   Link #375
monster

I agree with having more interaction between Kira and Shinn.

But like I said, it wouldn't make sense to have Shinn find out about who killed his family. They were collateral damage in a battle between giant robots that can cause massive explosions. It'd almost be impossible to find a witness who can positively identify the source of that particular explosion and later make the connection to Shinn.
Old 2011-12-02, 19:25   Link #376
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

This begs the question, had Shinn noticed Lacus there, what would have happened?
Old 2011-12-02, 19:30   Link #377
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
This begs the question, had Shinn noticed Lacus there, what would have happened?
Holy *fanmanscream* Can i get your Autograph?! where have you been the past few years? Oh god i love that dress your wearing it's so KAWAII! Please sign my sister's cellphone!

No but, i dunno, Shinn didn't seem like the type of guy who .. would be a Lacus fan, you know? or even watch TV alot.

GSD was so nice up until the minerva left ORB, felt like the quality of the show dropped from there on, i think i'm going to rewatch seed and then 1-12 of GSD just to update myself on what happened in the show
Old 2011-12-03, 00:44   Link #378
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
i was always looking forward to when shin found out it was from kiras shot that his family died but that never happened
Oh they swept that into the dustpan soon as they decided to make Killer Tomato the takeover star again...I think there was pink dust in that pan BTW...

I can't really get mad on that though...There was so many chunks of clusterfudge littering the show, not like they could ever even put in the time to make that undeniable bit of irony be a true plot point...
Old 2011-12-03, 12:29   Link #379
GundamFan

Quote:
I agree with having more interaction between Kira and Shinn.

But like I said, it wouldn't make sense to have Shinn find out about who killed his family. They were collateral damage in a battle between giant robots that can cause massive explosions. It'd almost be impossible to find a witness who can positively identify the source of that particular explosion and later make the connection to Shinn.
Not find out it was Kira conclusively but it would make sense to have Shinn blame Kira for the death of his family after all Shinn did see the Calamity and Freedom battling it out there. Shinn knowing Kira is one of the 2 responsible for the collateral damage would be enough of a reason for Shinn to blame him regardless of who pulled the trigger.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 14:41   Link #380
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Not find out it was Kira conclusively but it would make sense to have Shinn blame Kira for the death of his family after all Shinn did see the Calamity and Freedom battling it out there. Shinn knowing Kira is one of the 2 responsible for the collateral damage would be enough of a reason for Shinn to blame him regardless of who pulled the trigger.
Well, I think Shinn did saw Calamity and Raider, but I'm not sure if he saw Freedom or only the explosion that Freedom caused. And if Shinn didn't actually see Freedom then, he wouldn't know anything after that since Shinn was picking up Mayu's phone when the actual explosion that killed his family happened.