Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-07, 14:50   Link #361
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
I think that inconsistancy actually happens quite often in the EN version? I remember people complaining about other times when things like that happens...
The likely thing is they recorded the clip, then changed the translation later but didn't re-record
Old 2008-10-07, 15:46   Link #362
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
I think that inconsistancy actually happens quite often in the EN version? I remember people complaining about other times when things like that happens...
I do remember one other instance where a character's voiced line was completely different than what it said in the speech bubble but sadly I have no idea when or where it was. There were also a couple times where one character's lines were just randomly not voiced in the middle of a voiced scene. The thing that kinda got me though was the relatively large number of grammatical errors and typos. Some were pretty obvious and should have been easy to catch. It's not really a big deal but I tend to be nit-picky with that kind of thing.

None of the errors in this game even come close to Wild Arms 4 though, in which they made it literally impossible to achieve 100% completion by removing a monster from the game but not from the monster manual, and completely cut out the first letter of the main character's special attack, turning "Phantom Line" into "hantom Line". The latter error was pretty much the only thing I found entertaining about that game.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 18:23   Link #363
krisslanza

There was a few scenes that deserved voicing that weren't voiced (the most noteworthy is when you run into Barbos in Dahngrest. That whole first 'half' isn't voiced but suddenly the second is!) but that's just being nitpicky.

The seducing the guard scenes should've also sooooo been voiced.
Old 2008-10-07, 19:20   Link #364
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
There were also a couple times where one character's lines were just randomly not voiced in the middle of a voiced scene.
That's actually some kinda bug I think. Any lines within a voiced scene can suffer from that and there's not much pattern as to when it happens. I get them once or twice in the JP version too, and I heard people say the line got voiced after they reload the game or something.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 19:53   Link #365
yongshun

Anyone know of an easier way to get Yager's secert mission? cause using Raven's Rain Artes just isnt working for me.
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 20:04   Link #366
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well it doesn't really bother me a whole lot- Both of them are cool names, and they practically mean the same thing.

Quote:
That's actually some kinda bug I think. Any lines within a voiced scene can suffer from that and there's not much pattern as to when it happens. I get them once or twice in the JP version too, and I heard people say the line got voiced after they reload the game or something.
Actually, when that happened to me, I just thought I hit the 'A' button too fast and the system skipped the voicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
Anyone know of an easier way to get Yager's secert mission? cause using Raven's Rain Artes just isnt working for me.
There is one, but you might not like it.

What I did was to switch to easy mode, and have only Raven go into OL (Lv1) mode and spam rain... During the 2nd part of the fight of course.

In Easy mode, Rain alone should be enough to break his guard. However, you should also set your party to defend, otherwise they would flatten Yeager in easy mode. But still, this is quite a gamble- I remember getting the SM with my very last Rain shot that killed him
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 20:11   Link #367
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There is one, but you might not like it.

What I did was to switch to easy mode, and have only Raven go into OL (Lv1) mode and spam rain... During the 2nd part of the fight of course.

In Easy mode, Rain alone should be enough to break his guard. However, you should also set your party to defend, otherwise they would flatten Yeager in easy mode. But still, this is quite a gamble- I remember getting the SM with my very last Rain shot that killed him
Thanks going to have to try that. This SM is ANNOYING and a test of my patience. That and this is my second play through so most of my party have weapons that does pretty good damage and kill boss and mobs way to quickly.
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 20:16   Link #368
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
Thanks going to have to try that. This SM is ANNOYING and a test of my patience. That and this is my second play through so most of my party have weapons that does pretty good damage and kill boss and mobs way to quickly.
No problem it worked when I use it the first time after failing 7-8 times on hard

EDIT:

A question guys, does anyone have, or knows where to find, the little image of the characters flashed during their mystic artes? Those would make excellent sigs

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2008-10-07 at 20:34.
Old 2008-10-08, 00:00   Link #369
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Playing on Normal during my speed run, about 20 levels lower than Yeager so I shouldn't be THAT overpowered...

Second half of the battle, set everyone to guard (make a strategy for it) and shortcut Raven's Rain. Control Yuri, go into OL, then Destruction Field him 6 times. If you hear him goes "argh" and bends over, go for the shortcut where Rain's registered. If all goes well, you should get it right away.

Quote:
A question guys, does anyone have, or knows where to find, the little image of the characters flashed during their mystic artes? Those would make excellent sigs
No one's been able to rip anything from the game disc yet (blame(?) MS for having some crazy protection to their 360 games or whatnot). Shin did take screenies of the in-game stuffs though, so maybe if you can track him down somehow, you can ask him to take the pictures for you. (Oh, Shin = Shinryu.)
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 00:40   Link #370
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Don't have the Box... So the only thing I can do is watch the play movies...
Either way, just started... Came from Ratatosk.

The OP's song is considerably wonderful. Animation is nice too... Just that the song and animation doesn't really synchronize all that much...

And the anime! Really refreshing, since Ratatosk had zero of that.
Though I find the normal field avatars/movement a bit awkward. Too smooth? I guess it's just the quality difference between Ratatosk and Vesperia.

Though I do wish there was more scenes done with voice acting.

What is with the dog's design... Looks like he could talk at anytime.

Why did the rock knock out the guards...?!

Anyways, anyways, I guess I'll put my hopes up for this game. People are saying the story/characters are godly, so I guess it will be good. (Strange how I feel doubtful instead, when people call it godly)

Ah! Thread necromancy... *sneaks off*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 01:49   Link #371
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Either way, just started... Came from Ratatosk.

The OP's song is considerably wonderful. Animation is nice too... Just that the song and animation doesn't really synchronize all that much...

And the anime! Really refreshing, since Ratatosk had zero of that.
Though I find the normal field avatars/movement a bit awkward. Too smooth? I guess it's just the quality difference between Ratatosk and Vesperia.

Though I do wish there was more scenes done with voice acting.

Why did the rock knock out the guards...?!

Anyways, anyways, I guess I'll put my hopes up for this game. People are saying the story/characters are godly, so I guess it will be good. (Strange how I feel doubtful instead, when people call it godly)

Ah! Thread necromancy... *sneaks off*
If you speak to one of the guards he'll comment that the armor they wear is actually very thin
Old 2008-11-13, 10:15   Link #372
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
If you speak to one of the guards he'll comment that the armor they wear is actually very thin
Lol, I didn't get that

Quote:
THat's how it is for me when it comes to Ratatosk

Quote:
Agreed, out of the tales games' OP that I've sampled so far, Vesperia's "Ring a Bell" is still my prefered choice.

Quote:
*cough* Ninja-Dog *cough*

Quote:
'Godly' might be a tad bit extremely

But it is a solid piece of work, at least in my opinion.

But what would I know? I'm the new guy
Old 2008-11-13, 16:10   Link #373
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by serebe View Post

It's by no means "godly". It prob has one of the best set of heroes from any eng Tales, and the battle system is the best(and the most brokeness) of the Tales.

The story, however, is mediocre. Not bad, but probably not one of the memorable ones. Plus, there're quite a few plot holes.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 03:13   Link #374
Saki_chan

Quote:
Yeah, it's definitely a good one, but I prefer the Tales of the Abyss OP, both the animation and the song. But obviously, you can see my sig comes from the Vesperia OP, so I still think it's awesome.

Quote:
Haha, I know. Repede rocks.

Quote:
It's by no means "godly". It prob has one of the best set of heroes from any eng Tales, and the battle system is the best(and the most brokeness) of the Tales.

The story, however, is mediocre. Not bad, but probably not one of the memorable ones. Plus, there're quite a few plot holes.
I know what you mean. I love the characters to death, but I automatically tune out once Rita starts talking about blastia, so I only ever have half an idea of what the technical aspects of the plot are. Plus,
Spoiler:
Saki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 20:55   Link #375
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saki_chan View Post
I know what you mean. I love the characters to death, but I automatically tune out once Rita starts talking about blastia, so I only ever have half an idea of what the technical aspects of the plot are. Plus,
Spoiler:
Yeah, Vesperia has some of the worst bosses in US Tales history(perhaps barring Schwann. His in-battle dialogue when you fight him is TOO good). TotA and ToS2 comes with some great villians that you can actually relate to.

Last edited by frubam; 2008-12-02 at 21:10.
Old 2008-12-02, 21:04   Link #376
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-03, 02:26   Link #377
Saki_chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Yeah, Vesperia has some of the worst bosses in US Tales history(perhaps barring Schwann. His in-battle dialogue when you fight him is TOO good).
Ooh, yeah, that was a great fight, wasn't it?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Saki_chan; 2008-12-03 at 02:26. Reason: Retarded spoiler tags
Saki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 09:42   Link #378
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saki_chan View Post
Spoiler:
Maaahh~ I feel that most of bosses/villains for Vesperia will be remembered more for their Mystic Artes than for the role they play
Old 2008-12-04, 21:17   Link #379
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
^

Spoiler:
Spoiler for ch 2:
Old 2008-12-05, 01:29   Link #380