Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Ok so we have:

Natsu Team vs Gidaltz
Juvia Team vs Erza
Elfman Team vs Mirajane
Lucy Team vs Fried Team (Finished)

So:

Gray Team, Metz team and Levy Team are un-accounted for.

My guess is Levy team will get a by, and Metz + Wendy will get a showdown with Gray + Loki.
Old 2010-10-16, 12:21   Link #3787
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Oh wow, the epic level's rising by the page in this chapter, starting off from the very first page! Can't wait to see Natsu's house Also, being kind of a pessimist I was expecting Gildartz to go easy on Natsu, but maaaan, I wanna see this animated Amazing skills and an even better twist of chibi-Natsu angry mob!! Erza was pretty badass too, taking on both Juvia and Lisanna in one go, can't wait to see how they'll beat their opponents. Glad Mira's battle ended up being a hard battle after all^^
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 12:23   Link #3788
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

if anyone else were to go up agenst Gildartz would be a travasty, his power is too deadly for anyone else to fight him.
Old 2010-10-16, 12:27   Link #3789
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i love Evergreen and Elfman's expression
Old 2010-10-16, 12:44   Link #3790
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Elfman's was expected, ever since his initial assessment of how 'Gildarts and Erza's' route was impossible. Ignoring your sister = big spanking time.

I still think Juvia will make it through, while Elfman will probably fail.

And interestingly, the left-over team that definitely has to face one elimination actually turns out to be among Mest, Gajeel or Gray. I'm kinda torn on this. Naturally the exam would get messed eventually, but it should still reach the 2nd stage first at least. Gray has always been a recurring face of the 'Fairy Tail' main cast. Gajeel's building up that position too as of late, plus Levy/himself has more character development potential. Mest is the 'Gerard-related' quota of the arc, plus it would be redundant to drop him here.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 12:48   Link #3791
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Mysterious man of mystery not getting a fight can give him an advantage in a theoretical strategy stage 2 of the test, combined with Wendy's healing magic, giving him an annoying kind of magic (sleep traps, barriers, dimensional rifts or some form of seidhr magic) should make a fun route.
Old 2010-10-16, 12:49   Link #3792
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Ok so we have:

Natsu Team vs Gidaltz
Juvia Team vs Erza
Elfman Team vs Mirajane
Lucy Team vs Fried Team (Finished)

So:

Gray Team, Metz team and Levy Team are un-accounted for.

My guess is Levy team will get a by, and Metz + Wendy will get a showdown with Gray + Loki.
Naw, I think they are going to want to keep Metz's powers secret, and Wendy is still a bit of an unknown and still a bit fragile, so I'm expecting them to get a pass on this part.

So Levy and Gadjeel will be against Gray and Loki. Gray and Loki are going to lose, which will free Loki up for Lucy to use later.

Natsu vs. Gild - still wondering about this. I honestly feel Natsu should lose, because the difference in power and ability is extremely big, and there's not a pressing "need" for Natsu to win, ie, nobody's lives are at stake. But given that this is shonen, it's entirely possible that Natsu will pull out a win somehow. If he does, he better pull some secret power out of his ass.

Juvia/Lisanna vs Erza - my prediction is that Juvia team is gonna win. Not sure I can entirely explain why, just that things look so bad for them, that they have to overcome it somehow. Then again, it could be a minor event, and they just end up losing and learn to fear Erza, heh.

Elfman/Evergreen vs Mirajane - Really tough to say, but it was either Elfman or Lisanna who would have faced Mirajane; had to play up the sibling angle, heh. It all depends on whether Elfman can overcome any hesitations on fighting Mirajane (his memories of smacking Lisanna). Technically speaking, they are outmatched by Mirajane, so I think they'll win, and Elfman will need to overcome an emotional trial, so I think they'll win.... if Elfman can overcome the hesitation I think he'll have.

Of course, this means everyone overcomes their trial, except for two teams: Fried and Gray. I am kinda expecting at least one or two others to lose, but it all depends on how long this arc will go, and how many trials are in the future.

Edit to add: Yeah, I think the trial getting interrupted is entirely a possibility, but I'm not totally convinced it's going to happen.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 14:15   Link #3793
Ryus
The One Eyed King

So any guesses as to who is in the other battle route and how has the quite path? Besides the above post...
  • Grey & Loki
  • Levy & Gajeel
  • Mest & Wendy

Either way a big character is out of the running for winning the tournament.
Old 2010-10-16, 14:57   Link #3794
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

I think that Natsu should lose. The only reason the fight isn't one-sided is because it would be pretty pathetic if Natsu lost in two seconds. In reality, Natsu is still substantially below Gildartz and there have been no indications that Gildartz is a stupid fighter so far, which means that logically, Natsu should lose.

EDIT: Just read the chapter and they really just skip all the talk and go straight to the action Natsu looks like he's doing a headspin in one of the panels Something tells me he could be a good bboy. And that last panel was hilarious! Chibi natsu FTW!!!

Last edited by Rennir; 2010-10-16 at 15:49.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 15:06   Link #3795
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
I think that Natsu should lose. The only reason the fight isn't one-sided is because it would be pretty pathetic if Natsu lost in two seconds. In reality, Natsu is still substantially below Gildartz and there have been no indications that Gildartz is a stupid fighter so far, which means that logically, Natsu should lose.
This is my thoughts, too. Sure, have Natsu go balls out, but I'd really like to see him lose and have this whole S rank thing focus on the other characters mostly. Gild is just way too strong; he should be an opponent near to the end when Natsu is stronger.

Having said that, shonen heroes get notorious asspulls and manage to beat stronger opponents all the time through sheer determination. They'll have to be be very careful about writing how Natsu wins this, if he does.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 15:07   Link #3796
Bombo
TSF Fans

ROFL @ mini natsu ....The last page epic epic XD
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 15:25   Link #3797
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Having said that, shonen heroes get notorious asspulls and manage to beat stronger opponents all the time through sheer determination. They'll have to be be very careful about writing how Natsu wins this, if he does.
There's a lot of ways to go around a character's strength, down to mere technicalities (i.e. Gildartz says he lost because he didn't hold back as he was instructed to despite being able to make Natsu stew with his boot). Now I know Natsu has a better ventilated head than most characters, but even he should understand his position.
Old 2010-10-16, 16:30   Link #3798
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Now THIS is Fairy Tail at it's finest. Mirajane back in Demon mode and looking hawt, Ezra in the Sea King Armor and looking hawt, and Gildartz owning Natsu with just one arm was
Old 2010-10-16, 16:54   Link #3799
KrimzonStriker

Good chapter, things seem to be heating up quite nicely, though now I'm really interested to see who will be paired off in the battle path and what comes out of it. That being said, I'm REALLY looking forward to the Nov. 20th issue now and what kind of special chapter we'll be getting concerning Natsu's house, the mystery must be revealed!

Last edited by KrimzonStriker; 2010-10-16 at 22:10.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 17:38   Link #3800
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

And also with this chapter, it pretty much states that Phantom Lord's S-class were crap spetacular. Juvia was one of their top four and she's getting her butt handed to her by Ezra, who's actually taking it serious on her. Mirajane in Demon Mode just speaks for itself, and if this is Gildartz in 'normal' mode, I can't imagine what sort of battle him vs Jose would have been. There's no comparison - Fairy Tail Guild bar none has the best.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen