AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-26, 17:27   Link #3781
alucard13mm

Man, I've been waiting for SC2 since jr high.. and that was like almost 10 years ago. i always speculated, wow when they come out with SC2.. will they have a hybrid 4th race (the easter egg level where theres protoss/zerg hybrid in stasis). but when SC2 was announced, i was less than excited =P.. especially when there was only 3 classes T_T. I know that 3 classes were balanced and the 4th would probably mess up the balance, but it would be fun to have a 4th class that can only be controlled by AI as part of the game. i may or may not get it because im down almost 2k from preorders of anime goods XD.. and i might get a bass guitar.

btw, i was dissapointed with TF2.. mainly because i specialize in offensive/defensive engineer. sure the turret is more powerful, but that is negated to a point that its just dumb. when you kill someone, the person gets a screen shot of you killing them.. thus revealing your and your turret's location. this gives the guy a good chance of owning your butt. i like to utilize distractions, id use the dispenser as a distraction. also the turret placement is more restricted, so less creative ways to place em.

anyways.. waits for more news of D3 =P
Old 2010-08-26, 21:27   Link #3782
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Mariocraft?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 22:14   Link #3783
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Mariocraft?

Now that is hilarious

Last edited by Hooves; 2010-08-26 at 22:50.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 06:40   Link #3784
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-08-27, 09:01   Link #3785
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Poor Zeratul, made into a puny human girl with awesome curves like that... delicious, delicious curves...

lol... mariocraft.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 09:38   Link #3786
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Wait till you see Mario harass Bowser with fireballs...in other news, hard mode looks ridiculously easy after clearing a stage in brutal. I still got the "easy" times to set a record for, but it just seems so....easy
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 09:45   Link #3787
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
in other news, hard mode looks ridiculously easy after clearing a stage in brutal. I still got the "easy" times to set a record for, but it just seems so....easy
Once you play Brutal, every other difficulty level seems so ridiculously easy, where missions you once needed to save alot you can now breeze through in a single pass.

Brutal: The way to play the campaign

Old 2010-08-27, 09:50   Link #3788
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
<snip>
So when are we getting a loli-themed SC2 unit?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 09:54   Link #3789
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ You got the queens, full-fledged lolis from the moment they hatch^^ (ref. a few pages back) Btw, R>Chibi Kerrigan, infested or not
Old 2010-08-27, 09:59   Link #3790
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I wanna confirm something- In the mission where you escape from Mar Sara (again), are there certain locations where if you build structures, they'll be destroyed in the ending cutscene which in turn affect your Achievement? Cause that seem to be the case for me 3 times...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 10:09   Link #3791
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I wanna confirm something- In the mission where you escape from Mar Sara (again), are there certain locations where if you build structures, they'll be destroyed in the ending cutscene which in turn affect your Achievement? Cause that seem to be the case for me 3 times...
Can you specify which "certain locations"?

I remember that I got the achievement the very first time I did the mission simply by building three bunkers per bridge, with an SCV and a medic tending to each bunker cluster. And since it was my first time I didn't skip the ending cutscene, where I didn't really see a structure destroyed that time.

Old 2010-08-27, 12:30   Link #3792
Xacual

When I did the mission it said I lost two buildings which I didn't. I read up online that sometimes if you build extra bunkers at the bridges you'll lose the achievement. So next time I just instead of building bunkers, built two large forces and had them wipe out the zerg attacks as they came and also the zerg bases. This was on normal though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 13:17   Link #3793
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yes , don't build more bunkers , just make 2 large army MM .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 13:32   Link #3794
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
If you cancel or salvage a structure you won't get it; yea that's kinda dumb but anyways press esc as soon as any cinemaitic appears and you shouldn't have any problems. Also, you should watch out for the mutas.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 13:40   Link #3795
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

News for the incoming 1.1:
in a nutshell:
-Zealot build increased to 38 seconds (+5), warp gate CD for it to 28 seconds (+5)
-Reaper build time to 40 seconds (+5)
-Bunkers to 35 seconds (+5)
-Siege Tanks damage switched from 50 to 35 + 15 VS armored (upgraded from +5 into +3 and +2 armored)
-Battlercruiser ground damage reduced to 8 (-2)
-Ultralisk VS armored damage bonus reduced to +20 (-5)

Good lord, it took them ages to finally hit terran, but not in a way I was expecting (I seriously think they should do something about Marauders). At least, they finally fix siege tanks that are just annoying to no end.
Meanwhile, I don't see the so called "zealots proxy rush" being that powerful... well, not to the point of adding full 5 seconds.
I'm still surprised they aren't doing anything about supply issue with zerg, but heh.
Old 2010-08-27, 14:06   Link #3796
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ow lol ok :

- Nerf Protoss for Proxy Gate rush
- Nerf Terran for Reaper rush + Bunker rush and Siege Tanks + BC damage .
- Nerf Zerg for Ultralisk rofl

Well , some zerg player will be pleased ^^

Edit : Ok now what i noticed :

- Protoss Zealot build time nerfed which it means that Pool 6 will own Protoss now even if you scout omg .

- Siege tanks dmg nerfed = now 5 shoots vs Zealots , 2 shoots vs Workers , 2 shoots vs Glings ... so tanks owned .

- Zerg will own more now . Hmmm , i'll see the diff TvZ .

Last edited by -Sho-; 2010-08-27 at 14:25.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 14:37   Link #3797
Qikz

I fear for how bad Battlecruisers are going to be, I mean they die so fast as it is, let alone lowering their damage.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 15:20   Link #3798
Xacual

That's not really a nerf for zerg. If you read the whole article they are removing the building attack from Ultralisks. Which means their attacks against buildings will now splash to nearby buildings too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 15:23   Link #3799
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I guess the "Terran OP OMG" spam finally reached blizzard :P Now, while their counter-cheese measures are good and all, I do feel that the tanks took a heavy bullet there...
Quote:
When I did the mission it said I lost two buildings which I didn't. I read up online that sometimes if you build extra bunkers at the bridges you'll lose the achievement. So next time I just instead of building bunkers, built two large forces and had them wipe out the zerg attacks as they came and also the zerg bases. This was on normal though.
fwiw, there's 2 bunkers that you claim up the street, if those get smashed then they count as a loss. Hope I got it...
Old 2010-08-27, 15:31   Link #3800
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Finally that cheesy tactic known as the Reaper Rush is going to go away and get nerfed... Thank you Blizzard, this is actually one thing I will enjoy in Starcraft 2...

Not really big on the Ultralisk, I mean the matches do end even before Zerg players hit Tier 3 and go into those bad boys.

Siege Tanks were just begging to get a nerf one day..

Well a nerf is a nerf, that Protoss proxy rush was actually quite annoying for the most part : /

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows