Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-19, 06:10   Link #3821
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I'm on a playtrhough, and I've put in maybe 50 hours now, I'm guessing.

I have 170,000 gold coins, and my wealth keeps going up and up.

The thing is, I have perks in speechcraft, so with five perks, I get 30% bonus in values for buying and selling, I have a perk that gives 20% bonus in values for buying and selling to members of the opposite sex, I bought an enchanted necklace that, when worn, gives another 20% bonus, and then I have a perk that allows you to find more gold in chest and a perk that allows you to have a greater chance to find special loot in chest (like enchanted armor and weapons, gem stones, jewelry, etc.).

My level 43 Nord has grills with diamonds in them. Tin bras? Pfft. She has gold in her bras. Does she wipe her butt with corn cobbs? Pfft, no! She uses silk as T.P.!
The interesting thing is that gold stops mattering once you have the best gear. So that even though yes, it is easy to become rich early, most people don't invest anything into wealth generation perks. The idea is that if you want to Min-Max, you would put points into combat skills.

Doesn't matter anymore in the recent patch though. Now that you can get infinite skill points, it no longer has any effect what you spend.
Old 2013-08-20, 17:48   Link #3822
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

sa547, do you have a link to the mod that animates distant waterfalls?

It doesn't matter that I put those perks into speechcraft and four perks into lockpicking. I'm at level 43 and I've run out of perks that I really want. I've made a real efficient character.

I made a female Nord warrior type that excels in certain combat skills (1H, block, smithing) and certain stealth skills (light armor, speechcraft, lockpicking). I have no perks in magic. She uses no spells, except that I use a mod that gives you a 'create bow' spell tome that allows you to conjure a bow with any level of conjuration and with a low magicka cost. Another mod changes the ethereal bow and arrows into an ethereal hunting bow and ethereal steel arrows.

I do a conjure bow setup because I use a mod that places her shield on her back when not in use so I can't really put a bow and quiver there as well, and...I know she carries around a pickaxe and like 1000 potions and loot, but I have a pet peeve with pulling a bow out of nowhere. XD

But yeah, this was an efficient build. I put 5/5 perks in armsman, plus got the perk for less stamina cost when power attacking. I put some perks into blocking. 4/5 on the first perk set. Climbed up the left side of the tree. Got up to block runner. Have all the perks in light armor except the perk that requires 100 in light armor (I'm at 100 in light armor, btw). I was using this Bosmer reinforced leather armors mod. I recently switched to a hide helmet, fur armor (with long sleeves), fur bracers, and hide boots and a hide shield, and with my light armor skill at 100 and with all those perks I have, the armor rating is up to 601. Plus my smithing skill is in the 90s (didn't do power leveling), so that with some of the potions you buy that make you smith 50% better, and my hide and fur armor was smithed to legendary. She uses a skyforge steel sword (at legendary) and I bought a fortify 1H ring and a fortify 1H necklace (each of them raise the damage output with 1H weapons by 35%). Each hit with this sword does 160 points of damage. I also have a mod called classic classes where I chose a birthsign, and I chose The Warrior, which raises damage output with weapons by 20%.

I wanted to be well off with money so that I could always afford healing potions, paralysis and damage health poisons, resist fire and resist shock potions, and other useful potions and poisons.
Old 2013-08-20, 23:32   Link #3823
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I went and tried the Restoration -> Alchemy -> Enchant loop just for kicks, and I think I ended up breaking one of my games, as apparently my weapons in that save, on average, deal over 500,000,000 damage per swing. Yikes.

Even two cycles is enough to net you a 1400+damage weapon, which is MORE than enough to kill stuff that isn't a Legendary Dragon. Oddly enough, Skyforge steel weapons aren't affected, and instead hit a "cap" of about 350 or so damage.

Speaking of which, is that achievement bugged? Because I've killed two already, yet haven't unlocked yet.
Old 2013-08-20, 23:36   Link #3824
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Since your Dragonborn does 500,000,000 points of damage per swing, your Dragonborn can take on anyone in the Elder Scrolls universe. ANYONE.

What is the Restoration -> Alchemy -> Enchant loop?
Old 2013-08-20, 23:57   Link #3825
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
What is the Restoration -> Alchemy -> Enchant loop?
It's a modified version of the trick from Morrowind and Oblivion, basically you take advantage of a 30-second loop of time (since you're using customized potions). Basically grab your best Fortify Alchemy Gear, a Fortify Restoration potion (you have to make one yourself first), and whole lot of ingredients for Fortify Enchant or Fortify Smithing potions. This all hinges on the fact that Fortify Restoration modifies ALL potion effects by a magnitude.

Basically put on your Fortify Alchemy Gear (5 pieces are good), then make the Fortify Restoration potion (the first one's effect should be really low, something in the 144% rate). Take off all your Fortify Alchemy Gear. Drink the Fortify Restoration potion. Put on your Fortify Alchemy Gear again. Make another Fortify Restoration Potion (this one should be now in the 350%+ range). Take off your Fortify Alchemy gear again. Drink your new potion. Put on the gear again, and, then make a new Fortify Restoration potion.

If you do this carefully (remember you have a 30 second time window per potion use), you'll EVENTUALLY get to a point where you have 540000% effect stuff (potion prices above 2 million or so), you can now make Fortify Smiting potions that help you upgrade your weapons and armor to ABSURD levels.

Or you can just do the cycle three times, make a ton of Fortify Smithing potions (I made 173 or so), and you can get 1k+ damage weapons all the same.
Old 2013-08-21, 00:04   Link #3826
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

One trick I learned is that the player has magic resistance cap, but the NPCs do not. This means assuming you use any number of tricks to gain high enchanting skills, like using the vampire trick, you can enchant a set of gear that grants your follower elemental immunity to ONE element of your choice.

This is handy, as 1. There isn't many enchanted gear that works on followers anyway and 2. It is useful to throw AOE spells knowing it is impossible to kill your follower.
Old 2013-08-21, 00:07   Link #3827
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
This is handy, as 1. There isn't many enchanted gear that works on followers anyway and 2. It is useful to throw AOE spells knowing it is impossible to kill your follower.
You can easily get a follower to hit 100% Magic Resist (the Shield of Solitude provices an additional unique Magic Resist enchant when disenchanted you can use to stack Magic Resist twice for your items), which I have to add makes them immune to ANY magic (yes even Dragon Breath attacks) which includes restoration too by the way.
Old 2013-08-21, 03:20   Link #3828
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Loop Snip
I guess its cool to try for the laughs, perhaps, but I never really understood the big deal of it. You go through all that trouble to make weapons to kill things faster and armor to take less damage when all you had to do was turn the difficulty down to easy, LOL
Old 2013-08-21, 08:07   Link #3829
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
I guess its cool to try for the laughs, perhaps, but I never really understood the big deal of it. You go through all that trouble to make weapons to kill things faster and armor to take less damage when all you had to do was turn the difficulty down to easy, LOL
This has nothing to do with difficulty. This has to do with pushing the limits of what the game allows you to do. It's like climbing Everest. You do it because you can.

Also, it is useful to let us pick the best looking armour, rather than the most defensive. Most people agree that Steel Armour is awesome looking, but most people never wear them unless they use the trick to pump it up. On the other hand, Daedra armour just is too loud.
Old 2013-08-21, 08:46   Link #3830
sa547
*Author

Quote:
sa547, do you have a link to the mod that animates distant waterfalls?
Yep. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/40564//?

Even SparrowPrince couldn't hack it until that guy stepped forward and did the impossible.

I'd better get started on checking out the new mods I downloaded all the while the rains beat hard.
Old 2013-08-21, 15:23   Link #3831
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
This has nothing to do with difficulty. This has to do with pushing the limits of what the game allows you to do. It's like climbing Everest. You do it because you can.

Also, it is useful to let us pick the best looking armour, rather than the most defensive. Most people agree that Steel Armour is awesome looking, but most people never wear them unless they use the trick to pump it up. On the other hand, Daedra armour just is too loud.
I'm glad I have an armor rating of 601 with fur and hide armor (a type of fur armor, hide boots, fur bracers, hide helmet, and hide shield). It is a look I like. I don't wanna go around in glass armor. Also, to match the armor I have, I have a skyforge steel sword that does 160 damage per hit.
Old 2013-08-21, 16:05   Link #3832
saravis

Quote:
I'm glad I have an armor rating of 601 with fur and hide armor (a type of fur armor, hide boots, fur bracers, hide helmet, and hide shield). It is a look I like. I don't wanna go around in glass armor. Also, to match the armor I have, I have a skyforge steel sword that does 160 damage per hit.
Well that makes sense, I do much of the same thing with hunting for armor mods. You can find some sweet looking steel armors with daedric/dragon level quality. Its the people that want to go way beyond what is even possible within the restrictions of the game that I don't get, once you pass that point you aren't even dealing with limitations; ex: 500 million damage, good grief. All the power to you if you find it fun, but the game is already easy as it is and you already become absurdly powerful without the need for exploits.
Old 2013-08-21, 20:04   Link #3833
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Take note there IS a limit to the Restoration -> Enchant loop, and once you go over that limit (something like 750 million %) the game crashes, as the values apparently loop over into negative values, which the game can't handle. Hence my comment that you don't really need to do this (3 loops for 1k damage weapons is more than enough) unless you want to mess with maximum values.

Also the loop doesn't work with enchantments, as whatever values you get (say max 85% Magic Resist on a single piece of equipment) while enchanting fade away when the Fortify Restoration potion wears off. In that case, you'll find yourself with a sucky 25% Magic Resistance item.

Oh, and if you guys are wondering about the loops, it was the sort of thing you did all the time in Elder Scrolls games, ESPECIALLY in Oblivion, whose level scaling in the vanilla game (you had Draemora Lord encounters by level 12) made it a nightmare to the point where people AVOIDED leveling up (the ideal was finishing the game at level 1). It's also one of the only ways to get 100% Chameleon.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-08-21 at 20:19.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 07:52   Link #3834
Kawarimi
( ゚∀(・-・) 〜(^∇^〜)
*Author

If an item is already Enchanted, can you replace the Enchantment?

AS' Social Thread
Gone but not forgotten.

REBUILD
Kawarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 08:04   Link #3835
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawarimi View Post
If an item is already Enchanted, can you replace the Enchantment?
No, you can't. You could just add a second one with the right perk. I don't know if that is the case for unique items though (like molag bal's mace or the rueful axe). I never keep unique items anyway. They're useless and you can make better stuff with high enchanting & smithing.
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 18:18   Link #3836
Vajra
So Like A Rose

I'm terrible with Enchanting & Smithing, I keep aspiring to reach Arcane Smithing but always end up leveling up Light Armor or Conjuration whenever the chance arises.
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 04:57   Link #3837
sa547
*Author

Try using Ars Metallica -- it makes the smithing experience a little more immersive.

BTW, the resurrected MFG (facial expressions) command and SafetyLoad have become the must-haves, the former for screencapping, the latter for making the game more stable.
Old 2013-11-22, 17:59   Link #3838
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
No, you can't. You could just add a second one with the right perk. I don't know if that is the case for unique items though (like molag bal's mace or the rueful axe). I never keep unique items anyway. They're useless and you can make better stuff with high enchanting & smithing.
Even with the two enchantments perk, you can't apply a second enchantment to an already-enchanted item. Nor can you do so with a Daedric Artifact or other unique item.
Old 2013-11-23, 09:17   Link #3839
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Even with the two enchantments perk, you can't apply a second enchantment to an already-enchanted item. Nor can you do so with a Daedric Artifact or other unique item.
Really? I had no idea. Never been one to keep an already enchanted item (unique or not), no matter how good, so yeah. I just supposed things were that way. Sorry bout that. That means you can't replace the enchantment nor add a new one. So yeah, useless...
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 15:55   Link #3840
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Personally I use a combination of mods for enchanting--namely, Artifact Disenchanting (with the additional restriction removal) and the 4x version of Enchanting effect mods and Perk Modifications. That way I can disenchant unique items and apply 4 enchantments onto an item once the 2x enchantment perk is acquired. Overall I can make some pretty broken stuff... IF I was playing an otherwise unaltered game.

Using ASIS, Deadly Dragons, and Dragon Combat Overhaul just makes it so that those enchantments are necessary for survival.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim