Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-08-09, 00:31   Link #3841
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Sorry^^;;. Serious though, I am kinda sad that the author is pretty much jerking around Haru and Tsugumi into realizing their feelings for Raku. Them not being a promised girl pretty much renders their feelings moot. And their self torture into not acting into said feelings is pretty much torture for them and for me^^;;.
I'd feel sad too if I could stop gushing over how adorable they are.
Old 2014-08-09, 00:34   Link #3842
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I'd feel sad too if I could stop gushing over how adorable they are.
In Tsugumi's case, over how adorable and how "heavily equipped" she is, and in the animé's case, how adorable she sounds too, but mostly it's cute and cute sounding vs. left and right bazooka. It's like you're mind is conflicted into being nice guy raku or pervy monkey shuu.
Old 2014-08-09, 00:46   Link #3843
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
In Tsugumi's case, over how adorable and how "heavily equipped" she is, and in the animé's case, how adorable she sounds too, but mostly it's cute and cute sounding vs. left and right bazooka. It's like you're mind is conflicted into being nice guy raku or pervy monkey shuu.
*starts passing beer and cola* am I late to the party?

Man, if I was Raku I would be all over Tsugumi, she is just so perfect, while I do ship Chitoge x Raku, Tsugumi will always be my favorite hands down.
Old 2014-08-10, 22:37   Link #3844
OhHaiThar

I really wish the author wouldn't drag this on with the side chars. Like he really should just closing in on the promised girl.
OhHaiThar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 23:45   Link #3845
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiThar View Post
I really wish the author wouldn't drag this on with the side chars. Like he really should just closing in on the promised girl.
The promised girl should turn out to be an evil gold digger girl. She used to be innocent until she faced the reality of the world. Money > Love, and she will use Raku's idiocy/innocence as her stepping stone to reach higher plane of the society, and of course, Raku will be played mindless by her without realizing a thing because he is the denser than a blackhole.

Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 13:12   Link #3846
Death Usagi
Banned

Just think this series something similar to Hayate no Gotoku.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 00:03   Link #3847
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I just read back over a few chapters and thought it was kind of odd that Fuu-chan doesn't have a name. She's only called Fuu chan and introduced herself as Fuu chan. Seems kind of strange to me even for a side character.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 01:53   Link #3848
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
That's what I've been thinking for the last 30 chapters or so, it has been going Hayate no Gotoku road, tons of comedic filler stuff with periodic story chapters. Although the last few months Hayate actually has more 'story' chapters than Nisekoi.
Old 2014-08-12, 03:42   Link #3849
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
That's what I've been thinking for the last 30 chapters or so, it has been going Hayate no Gotoku road, tons of comedic filler stuff with periodic story chapters. Although the last few months Hayate actually has more 'story' chapters than Nisekoi.
Though more in comedy than in romance or shippings, or serious relationship or drama.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 12:21   Link #3850
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Hayate's quality went downhill after Athena's arc to be honest and IMO never came up again in that state... In Nisekoi's case the quality tends to go up, then down, and up again, depending on how funny it is.. That's why I hope this series wont reach Hayate's state because of its length.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-08-12, 13:05   Link #3851
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinZwei View Post
Hayate's quality went downhill after Athena's arc to be honest and IMO never came up again in that state... In Nisekoi's case the quality tends to go up, then down, and up again, depending on how funny it is.. That's why I hope this series wont reach Hayate's state because of its length.
Nisekoi's problem is that while the storyline is dead they've kept up the comedy aspect quite well which is a nice little problem to have. What i'm worried about nisekoi is kinda what many others r saying is will it become a story that had a lot of potential with storyline's but it will be forgotten until a rushed ending that will leave nobody happy because it will be an asspull or an open-ending to a story that really never should've gotten this bad.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 13:20   Link #3852
novalysis

If I understand it correctly, Hayate does not have a progression of time. The cast is always stuck in the same year.

However, Nisekoi has a VERY clear progression of time, and a hard set time-limit where the plot can unfold - three years in all. At this stage, we are one and a half years into that time-limit, and are just through the School Festival of the Second Year.

I am highly convinced that Naoshi, the Mangaka is planning to cover all three years. But if that's the case, the real Romantic plot development would probably begin in the Third Year, not the Second, else it's going to be hard to fill the third year up. Everyone who is demanding for plot development now seems to be completely unaware of this crucial aspect of Nisekoi, and everyone who predicts that Nisekoi would remain in it's comedy Holding Pattern indefinitely seems to be unaware that Nisekoi is indeed progressing through time, and therefore, plot developments will fit the progression of time. The Holding pattern will end once the progression of time in Nisekoi goes far enough- and the manga is marching towards several key points - it's already marched past the Cultural Festival, which, last year was a very important milestone. The next big milestone is the Christmas arc - it was the last major development in Chitoge x Raku (though the Birthday incident also could count, and arguably, both the April Fools prank, and even more recently Chitoge's hospital visit in Summer both are smaller, subtle developments).

I expect the Culture Festival Arc to be followed by more fillers - however, this state of affairs would not last more than five chapters. Why? Because, Christmas is coming, and everyone should know what it means. Hana Kirisaki is coming back again, that's going to probably drag Raku into Chitoge's family affairs once more, and that's probably when the Author begins laying out ground works for Chitoge-Raku development in the Third Year. the

Finally, everyone shouting for Nisekoi to get on with it seems to have forgotten a very integral part of Romantic-Comedies. In Japanese Rom-Coms, if there's a Beta Couple, the Beta Couple will normally be developed before the "Alpha Couple". And Nisekoi has a very obvious Beta Couple - Shuu x Ruri. I expect to see more Shuu X Ruri development - first disguised as comedic slice of life material that appears to be Shuu-centric, but it will end with Shuu and Ruri in a relationship. Until Shuu and Ruri starts dating, I strongly doubt we'd get any real Romantic Development on the Raku front.

And then, there's still second year Valentine. I wouldn't be surprised if the Haremettes get very desperate around this point, and quite overt. Time is running out for them to act on their feelings - by the next Valentine, the Winning Girl would probably be in an unassailable position. Whatever happens during the upcoming Valentine arc, I suspect, will lead to the starting positions of all the Haremette's, come the beginning of the third and final year.

And that's where all the plot development starts. From the in-universe perspective, none of the Harem is going to move against one another, until time is in danger of running out for a good reason - the moment the plot progresses, the friendship in the Harem is going to be put to the test. This is possibly why Chitoge has not confessed to Raku yet - if that happens, the current, idyllic Slice of Life state of affairs is going to collapse - and I suspect Chitoge intuits that it's going to be unpleasant for all involved. Best not to trigger Interpersonal Armageddon yet.

Now, if I am completely wrong, and come Summer Third Year, Nisekoi is in it's Slice of Life/Comedy holding pattern, then yes, we are going to get a very rushed plot. However, if the main Romantic plot begins progressing again at the start of the Third Year, there should, and WILL be enough time, unless the publisher axes Nisekoi and forces a rushed ending.

TLDR: Don't bother hoping for any development, until the coming Christmas arc. At least. Or until Ruri and Shuu starts being honest with one another, and form a Beta Couple.

P.s: If the Culture Festival is any indication, I think Naoshi's handling of Haru's character might be a warm up exercise, for upcoming arcs.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 13:31   Link #3853
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
If I understand it correctly, Hayate does not have a progression of time. The cast is always stuck in the same year.

However, Nisekoi has a VERY clear progression of time, and a hard set time-limit where the plot can unfold - three years in all. At this stage, we are one and a half years into that time-limit, and are just through the School Festival of the Second Year.

I am highly convinced that Naoshi, the Mangaka is planning to cover all three years. But if that's the case, the real Romantic plot development would probably begin in the Third Year, not the Second, else it's going to be hard to fill the third year up. Everyone who is demanding for plot development now seems to be completely unaware of this crucial aspect of Nisekoi, and everyone who predicts that Nisekoi would remain in it's comedy Holding Pattern indefinitely seems to be unaware that Nisekoi is indeed progressing through time, and therefore, plot developments will fit the progression of time. The Holding pattern will end once the progression of time in Nisekoi goes far enough- and the manga is marching towards several key points - it's already marched past the Cultural Festival, which, last year was a very important milestone. The next big milestone is the Christmas arc - it was the last major development in Chitoge x Raku (though the Birthday incident also could count, and arguably, both the April Fools prank, and even more recently Chitoge's hospital visit in Summer both are smaller, subtle developments).

I expect the Culture Festival Arc to be followed by more fillers - however, this state of affairs would not last more than five chapters. Why? Because, Christmas is coming, and everyone should know what it means. Hana Kirisaki is coming back again, that's going to probably drag Raku into Chitoge's family affairs once more, and that's probably when the Author begins laying out ground works for Chitoge-Raku development in the Third Year. the

Finally, everyone shouting for Nisekoi to get on with it seems to have forgotten a very integral part of Romantic-Comedies. In Japanese Rom-Coms, if there's a Beta Couple, the Beta Couple will normally be developed before the "Alpha Couple". And Nisekoi has a very obvious Beta Couple - Shuu x Ruri. I expect to see more Shuu X Ruri development - first disguised as comedic slice of life material that appears to be Shuu-centric, but it will end with Shuu and Ruri in a relationship. Until Shuu and Ruri starts dating, I strongly doubt we'd get any real Romantic Development on the Raku front.

And then, there's still second year Valentine. I wouldn't be surprised if the Haremettes get very desperate around this point, and quite overt. Time is running out for them to act on their feelings - by the next Valentine, the Winning Girl would probably be in an unassailable position. Whatever happens during the upcoming Valentine arc, I suspect, will lead to the starting positions of all the Haremette's, come the beginning of the third and final year.

And that's where all the plot development starts. From the in-universe perspective, none of the Harem is going to move against one another, until time is in danger of running out for a good reason - the moment the plot progresses, the friendship in the Harem is going to be put to the test. This is possibly why Chitoge has not confessed to Raku yet - if that happens, the current, idyllic Slice of Life state of affairs is going to collapse - and I suspect Chitoge intuits that it's going to be unpleasant for all involved. Best not to trigger Interpersonal Armageddon yet.

Now, if I am completely wrong, and come Summer Third Year, Nisekoi is in it's Slice of Life/Comedy holding pattern, then yes, we are going to get a very rushed plot. However, if the main Romantic plot begins progressing again at the start of the Third Year, there should, and WILL be enough time, unless the publisher axes Nisekoi and forces a rushed ending.

TLDR: Don't bother hoping for any development, until the coming Christmas arc. At least. Or until Ruri and Shuu starts being honest with one another, and form a Beta Couple.

P.s: If the Culture Festival is any indication, I think Naoshi's handling of Haru's character might be a warm up exercise, for upcoming arcs.
I understand exactly what you are saying and i agree with it but the problem is by the time they are able to enact a romance plot the waters will be so muddy that there's no good way to end it
Old 2014-08-12, 13:39   Link #3854
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I understand exactly what you are saying and i agree with it but the problem is by the time they are able to enact a romance plot the waters will be so muddy that there's no good way to end it
The romance plot is still ongoing. Slowly. The biggest disruption recently was the arrival of Yui. The pieces are coming into place, I don't see how more filler would make things harder to resolve. I expect to see more pieces being placed during the next two milestones of Christmas and Valentine.

In-fact, I think the recent Haru chapter was yet another piece, for Onodera's starting positions once Nisekoi approaches it's climax.

And if you mean complexity - I don't really see why complexity should make a resolution impossible to resolve well, unless of course, your definition of a good way is simplicity.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 13:50   Link #3855
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
The romance plot is still ongoing. Slowly. The biggest disruption recently was the arrival of Yui. The pieces are coming into place, I don't see how more filler would make things harder to resolve. I expect to see more pieces being placed during the next two milestones of Christmas and Valentine.

In-fact, I think the recent Haru chapter was yet another piece, for Onodera's starting positions once Nisekoi approaches it's climax.

And if you mean complexity - I don't really see why complexity should make a resolution impossible to resolve well, unless of course, your definition of a good way is simplicity.
again i dont disagree with you but my point is that if we want to talk about the romance level its Chitoge Kosaki Yui and Marika as the main candidates to win. the other girls are nice additions but dont have a legitimate chance to win Raku's heart
Old 2014-08-12, 15:20   Link #3856
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:

Hayate has progression of time. Albeit very slow. Going by rumors Hayate will end when they reach Christmas, making it one year since he met Nagi. So in this aspect it is similar to what you think may be Nisekoi's plan. And that's the thing, how quickly time passes is entirely dependent on the people in charge. If they want to milk Nisekoi as long as possible they can just pull the same stunt as Hayate and slow the time progression down to a weekly quagmire.
Old 2014-08-22, 04:21   Link #3857
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ch 135

What a great song title/verse: "Even as we space out the sun will rise".

Well, Marika having trained her voice with lessons and Tsugumi having inhuman natural talent both are unsurprising...but Yui's skill level was...unexpected.

By the way, as humorously as it was portrayed, there are indeed plenty of people who cannot carry a tune in bucket. I have sung in choirs for over 20 years and some are super obviously born with more or absolutely no natural talent in this regard. Very often it can be changed with lengthy, dedicated work, but there are some that are inhuman geniuses and others who are despairingly hopeless, despite the best intentions....
Old 2014-08-22, 05:38   Link #3858
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Ch 135

Well, Marika having trained her voice with lessons and Tsugumi having inhuman natural talent both are unsurprising...but Yui's skill level was...unexpected.

By the way, as humorously as it was portrayed, there are indeed plenty of people who cannot carry a tune in bucket. I have sung in choirs for over 20 years and some are super obviously born with more or absolutely no natural talent in this regard. Very often it can be changed with lengthy, dedicated work, but there are some that are inhuman geniuses and others who are despairingly hopeless, despite the best intentions....
agreed i used to have a great voice but when i stopped i suffered so sometimes a little hard work does pay off.

As for the chapter itself its becoming more concerning every week how little progress there is to this story its almost begging for a rushed ending and its really getting annoying
Old 2014-08-22, 06:38   Link #3859
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Ch 135

The animals screamed in terror, the class fainted and even paitings of famous musicians becamse scared.

Just how bad at music Yui-nee is?
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-22, 08:20   Link #3860
Death Usagi
Banned

LOL

Yui can't sing that was hilarious XD
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life