AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-02-17, 05:58   Link #3901
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but. is kushida really a villain or one of those annoying heroine?
I'd say heroine. She is not yet introduced to Ayanokoji's D yet.

Jokes aside, I think it's very likely that Ayanokoji will do something to make her fall or something, like saving her from getting expelled.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-17, 06:04   Link #3902
tsunade666

saving her from getting expelled? his the one doing the expelling.

if it's the plot, like the same with kawaizawa. I can understand.

break her and make her expelled but he would do the outrageous and get her not expelled.

I'm asking if kushida is a heroine or villain is because, I remember reading it, somewhere in this thread. where the author mentioned the planned heroine but I can't remember it much.
Old 2019-02-17, 06:28   Link #3903
n0m@n
C-Z

He would need to break her mentally first. That girl can only be fixed after she gets shattered into pieces first. Wouldn’t be surprised if she has less influence within the class after the latest volume. Though I still prefer her not to fall for Ayanokouji at all. Tbh I don’t want to see her as a heroine.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-17, 06:46   Link #3904
tsunade666

does the heroine needed to fall for the MC? is that even a requirement?

I see suzune as a heroine but I prefer her standing as being bullied by kiyopon. even if honami become heroine, she's just a tool to connect to students council.

the only one I care for is kei and I worry for airi but akumanokouji won't even put airi into harm.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-17, 07:27   Link #3905
n0m@n
C-Z

Lol, I think so. Only in LN though. Feels like all heroine has to fall for the MC or the opposite in LN series. Hence they get categorized as such. And looking at Japanese wiki for this series fans/readers didn't list her as heroine in wiki probably because of that. If she does i'm pretty sure they would edit her description and call her a heroine immediately.

In manga it's different since we have several manga where the heroine doesnt fall for the MC. Eg. Bulma from DB and Rukia from Bleach. So yeah, in manga we dont have to see a heroine fall for MC. In other words LN series are too vanilla.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-17, 09:07   Link #3906
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I too doubt that Kushida becomes a heroine. Her development with Ayanokoji is just too lacking at the moment and her personality ensures that it's hard to see her seriously fall for someone. I also don't see Ayanokoji "saving" her, it's just not within his character to bother with a loose cannon like Kushida whose difficult to control. That isn't to say they don't have chemistry, they're rather similar to each other, but it's more of "I understand who you are" rather than romantic chemistry.

I think that the person Kushida is most likely to turn into a "heroine" (not necessarily romantic but who knows) for is Horikita. We know that Horikita actually does want to become "friends" or a least "allies" with Kushida to the point of disregarding her long lasting alliance with Ayanokoji so potential development is there. Kushida's intense hatred for Horikita and her being a obvious foil to Horikita also has more potential for development compared to her indifferent, cold hatred towards Ayanokoji. Also if we're talking about Kushida getting "reformed" from being saved it's looks much more likely that Horikita saves her from Ayanokoji attempting to expel her.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-17, 11:48   Link #3907
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
He received Kushida kick because he teased her for letting him grab her breasts. This is another thing that sets the characterization of volume 1 Ayanokoji apart from the rest of the volumes, he was notably more perverted and prone to making dumb jokes in volume 1 compared to the rest of the volumes.
We have to remind ourselves several times that the personality that others see in Ayanokouji is just a farce or something incomplete. He already said that in vol 4 and Kei mentions this in vol 4.5 and 7.5, and he himself says that Manabu just saw the surface.

Yes, Ayanokouji could have deviated from Kushida's kick and this becomes evident when Manabu attacks him and he himself says that he had to stay serious to deflect the blows but because he would dodge Kushida's kick and show her who he is really? would there be any merit in keeping her with the guard high at that moment?

There has been a similar case with Katsuragi in vol 4.5, when 50% carefully be careful what he will say in front of Katsuragi so he does not suspect about 50% and does not raise the his guard.

Well, the problems are the internal narrations, but he was always a character where the narrations could not be 100% trustworthy, otherwise Hirata would be the masterpiece of mankind, lol. I'd rather rely on 50% actions.

Quote:
Volume 11 is the match vs Sakayanagi so I doubt she plays a big role in that. Maybe she's a minor threat like how she was in the other volumes but the focus of the volume will be Sakayanagi vs Ayanokoji which has been hyped for eons already and it would lame to have a intruder imo. Hopefully we finally get some additional characterization for Sakayanagi which explains her obsession with Ayanokoji.

Kushida will likely play a much bigger role in the eventual face off vs Nagumo in the second year. The agreement with the former student council president would also wear off by then since he graduated. She already contacted Nagumo so we know there's a team up going on there. The way I see it, Kushido is set up to be a long term "coachroach" type of villain that stays around as a constant threat but the heroes never properly deal with her for one reason or another.
I believe that Nagumo already falls in the next volume, the next volume will count the last of the academic year, and Nagumo continue as president and Manabu graduating seems something like a "failure" or incomplete end. Of course, Ayanokouji knows that Kushida and Nagumo are together. And if Nagumo gets hurt this would hurt Kushida.

Okay, it's obvious that defeating Arisu and Nagumo in the same volume seems a bit risky, but 50% and Ryueen has an agreement on vol 7.5.

The point is, I can not stand Nagumo anymore and I want to see Kushida regret buying a fight with 50%, and that for me takes the top priority.

Quote:
He would need to break her mentally first. That girl can only be fixed after she gets shattered into pieces first. Wouldn’t be surprised if she has less influence within the class after the latest volume. Though I still prefer her not to fall for Ayanokouji at all. Tbh I don’t want to see her as a heroine.
True, if at least half of what I read was right, when Horikita confronts Kushida in the middle of the class about why she has helped Yamauchi and how she says she can not be so stupid not to realize the gravity of the situation. It is not possible that the confidence of several Class C students about her has not been shaken, at least I can not imagine the Ayanokouji Group trusting her.

Well, by volume 6 we learn that Kushida has a fragile ego that she hates to lose, so she pretends to be that kind of person, so that at least in the matter of "being liked" by everyone she would not lose. But even in Class C she losed the most appreciated person vote for Ayanokouji, lol.

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2019-02-17 at 12:05.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-17, 12:08   Link #3908
Ichinotachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
I too doubt that Kushida becomes a heroine. Her development with Ayanokoji is just too lacking at the moment and her personality ensures that it's hard to see her seriously fall for someone. I also don't see Ayanokoji "saving" her, it's just not within his character to bother with a loose cannon like Kushida whose difficult to control. That isn't to say they don't have chemistry, they're rather similar to each other, but it's more of "I understand who you are" rather than romantic chemistry.

I think that the person Kushida is most likely to turn into a "heroine" (not necessarily romantic but who knows) for is Horikita. We know that Horikita actually does want to become "friends" or a least "allies" with Kushida to the point of disregarding her long lasting alliance with Ayanokoji so potential development is there. Kushida's intense hatred for Horikita and her being a obvious foil to Horikita also has more potential for development compared to her indifferent, cold hatred towards Ayanokoji. Also if we're talking about Kushida getting "reformed" from being saved it's looks much more likely that Horikita saves her from Ayanokoji attempting to expel her.
To add on top of the first statement, we need to keep in mid the author's preference when it comes to the girls so if we leave aside what is already in the LN is clear that he wont let Kei fall from her current position. I mentioned this before but this author is unpredictable sometimes, this means that while I can see that she will stay as the "heroine" I can't say that I'm completely sure about it.

Completely agree on the second part, since kiyotaka just want to get rid of Kushida we might be able to see some interesting arcs in the future.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-17, 12:14   Link #3909
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinotachi View Post
To add on top of the first statement, we need to keep in mid the author's preference when it comes to the girls so if we leave aside what is already in the LN is clear that he wont let Kei fall from her current position. I mentioned this before but this author is unpredictable sometimes, this means that while I can see that she will stay as the "heroine" I can't say that I'm completely sure about it.

Completely agree on the second part, since kiyotaka just want to get rid of Kushida we might be able to see some interesting arcs in the future.
I just do not think Horikita has developed enough to go against a Ayanokouji plan if he really wants to drive Kushida out. She already made it clear that she can not understand or predict him, since in the other case I would say that he hits at least 8 of 10 on the choices she will make.
Old 2019-02-17, 12:56   Link #3910
Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
We have to remind ourselves several times that the personality that others see in Ayanokouji is just a farce or something incomplete. He already said that in vol 4 and Kei mentions this in vol 4.5 and 7.5, and he himself says that Manabu just saw the surface.

Yes, Ayanokouji could have deviated from Kushida's kick and this becomes evident when Manabu attacks him and he himself says that he had to stay serious to deflect the blows but because he would dodge Kushida's kick and show her who he is really? would there be any merit in keeping her with the guard high at that moment?

There has been a similar case with Katsuragi in vol 4.5, when 50% carefully be careful what he will say in front of Katsuragi so he does not suspect about 50% and does not raise the his guard.
I didn't mean that it was out of character for him to receive Kushida's kick. It was completely consistent with his character to hold back. However what wasn't consistent was teasing Kushida "do you let any male grab your breasts" which isn't consistent with his latter no nonsense personality. He also didn't really gain anything from teasing Kushida so it wasn't even a calculated move.

Another example of how volume 1 Ayanokoji differed from the Ayanokoji in the rest of the volumes is that in the swimming competition in volume 1, he mused that Horikita's breasts are medium sized (something like that) and got glared by Horikita who said he was "easy to read". This also isn't consistent with what is shown latter.

Quote:
Well, the problems are the internal narrations, but he was always a character where the narrations could not be 100% trustworthy, otherwise Hirata would be the masterpiece of mankind, lol. I'd rather rely on 50% actions.
Hirata is best boy tho lol.

Although I do think that on some level Ayanokoji is genuine when he praises people like Hirata because he admires sociable, altruistic people because they represent qualities that he lacks but wishes he had. It's why Ayanokoji tends to praise people like Hirata or Ichinose the most.

Quote:
I believe that Nagumo already falls in the next volume, the next volume will count the last of the academic year, and Nagumo continue as president and Manabu graduating seems something like a "failure" or incomplete end. Of course, Ayanokouji knows that Kushida and Nagumo are together. And if Nagumo gets hurt this would hurt Kushida.

Okay, it's obvious that defeating Arisu and Nagumo in the same volume seems a bit risky, but 50% and Ryueen has an agreement on vol 7.5.

The point is, I can not stand Nagumo anymore and I want to see Kushida regret buying a fight with 50%, and that for me takes the top priority.
I doubt Nagumo is gonna be wrapped up in 1 volume. IMO the conflict with the student council is set up to be a long term one and Nagumo will be one of the more longer lasting villains. Nagumo's policies also work in favor of Ayanokoji's father so I won't be surprised if there's a team up between those two in the future. I just think he's been build up too much at this point to get stomped in 1 volume.

Quote:
I just do not think Horikita has developed enough to go against a Ayanokouji plan if he really wants to drive Kushida out. She already made it clear that she can not understand or predict him, since in the other case I would say that he hits at least 8 of 10 on the choices she will make.
I think it's gonna go something be a situation where Ayanokoji plans it so that regardless of what Horikita does he wins. If Horkita doesn't save Kushida she gets expelled and it's one less threat for Ayanokoji. If Horikita does save Kushida, Ayanokoji will create a situation where Kushida is so pushed into the corner that in the process of Horikita saving her, it forces Kushida to have to show gratitude for Horikita and genuinely agree to stop trying to expel the two of them which again would be a win for Ayanokoji.
Old 2019-02-17, 13:07   Link #3911
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Another example of how volume 1 Ayanokoji differed from the Ayanokoji in the rest of the volumes is that in the swimming competition in volume 1, he mused that Horikita's breasts are medium sized (something like that) and got glared by Horikita who said he was "easy to read". This also isn't consistent with what is shown latter.
Taking into account that Horikita admits in vol 10 that she could never really read him, implies that this was just her chatter, just as he says in vol 9 that she is finally beginning to understand that she could draw anything from his impressions implies that all she'd guessed before was just him getting her to do it.

Well, that was in Volume 1, the story was still building and we still thought Kushida would be a heroine. Now it is different when we know that in this period Ayanokouji was just trying to be normal.

Quote:
I doubt Nagumo is gonna be wrapped up in 1 volume. IMO the conflict with the student council is set up to be a long term one and Nagumo will be one of the more longer lasting villains. Nagumo's policies also work in favor of Ayanokoji's father so I won't be surprised if there's a team up between those two in the future. I just think he's been build up too much at this point to get stomped in 1 volume.
But he does not have to stop being a threat, only to stop being president in the next volume and in the later ones he could continue like a threat and to ally with Tsukishiro to destroy Ayanokouji.

The point is that he needs to understand that although Manabu is intelligent, he has several traits of a person with integrity and so he has weaknesses that can be explored. Already Ayanokouji is a much more dangerous threat.
Old 2019-02-17, 14:26   Link #3912
Log

Quote:
Taking into account that Horikita admits in vol 10 that she could never really read him, implies that this was just her chatter, just as he says in vol 9 that she is finally beginning to understand that she could draw anything from his impressions implies that all she'd guessed before was just him getting her to do it.

Well, that was in Volume 1, the story was still building and we still thought Kushida would be a heroine. Now it is different when we know that in this period Ayanokouji was just trying to be normal.
True. I suppose a lot of the inconsistencies of volume 1 can be explained away.

Quote:
But he does not have to stop being a threat, only to stop being president in the next volume and in the later ones he could continue like a threat and to ally with Tsukishiro to destroy Ayanokouji.

The point is that he needs to understand that although Manabu is intelligent, he has several traits of a person with integrity and so he has weaknesses that can be explored. Already Ayanokouji is a much more dangerous threat.
The thing is part of Nagumo's threat is being student council president. Take that away and he becomes significantly less dangerous. Narrative wise Ayanokoji still hasn't made any moves to remove Nagumo from his seat of power so it would feel abrupt for him to lose that position in 1 volume. Also while Nagumo somewhat sniffed out that Ayanokoji isn't normal, for now he still doesn't think much of him so I don't think he would make moves to attack Ayanokoji next volume. The conflict between the two starting in full during the 2nd year makes the most sense.
Old 2019-02-17, 19:05   Link #3913
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
It was a accident. The way I understand it, when Ayanokoji was peeking into the rooftop he had opened the door to peek so he tried to close the door when he left as to not arose any suspicion. Unfortunately he closed the door to loud and got discovered by Kushido.

Although that scene was wholly inconsistent with what we latter know about Ayanokoji. In the first place it wasn't like him to make that sort of mistake and he could've easily dodged Kushido when she tried to grab his hand and put it on her breasts (iirc there was even a fan made comic about this). Even the illustration looked nothing like Ayanokoji. However it should be noted that it's extremely difficult to extract finger prints from clothing so you have to wonder if this whole plot point will be brought up again.
Ayanokouji likely knows all about that but decided to let her do as she wishes because it give him leverage over her in the long run. She could get reckless in front of him thinking she has him under her thumb but suddenly finds herself powerless as it comes back at her suddenly
Old 2019-02-17, 19:26   Link #3914
tsunade666

you know, it could be that he didn't care at all, initially, and got careless. he only get serious in vol 3 and even in some parts of 1 and 2, his serious self is surfacing but in the earlier volume, his really trying to live a normal life. its a possibility.
Old 2019-02-17, 19:28   Link #3915
LG-MAX 2.o

Well, if he had not touched Kushida's chest, maybe he would not have noticed that he likes more thighs. LOL
Old 2019-02-17, 20:09   Link #3916
tsunade666

Quote:
Well, if he had not touched Kushida's chest, maybe he would not have noticed that he likes more thighs. LOL
lol, that scene with honami. it's like there was a gravity there.
Old 2019-02-18, 07:29   Link #3917
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
It would also include the scene where he caresses Kei's thigh.

VOLUME 9, chapter 6 intro - Hashimoto following 50%

Quote:
However, Ayanokōji lived a monotonous daily life with a very confined amount of friends and social connections.

This made it incredibly easy to anticipate his actions ahead of time. Moreover, Ayanokōji didn’t show a shred caution in regard to his surroundings.

He never took note of what was behind him, never showing any indication that he had sharp senses or a keen intuition.
lol, Ayanokouji is a great actor, huh?
Old 2019-02-18, 09:07   Link #3918
tsunade666

hashimoto didn't even notice that his been lead around and will be used later on.
Old 2019-02-22, 16:22   Link #3919
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Around vol 7-7.5 I planned to read the novel. Well, one year later, I finally did.

Not much to say though. The way vol 10 ends is interesting, so waiting for vol 11 (and 11.5 who will follow)

And I guess I have to, so for the waifu comment:
Cutest: Airi (poor girl left on the side)
Best Girl: Honami (poor girl who is falling more and more and won't be rewarded)
The one I want with Ayanokouji: Kei (which will most likely happen)
Special mention to Hiyori and Haruka. I like Nazuna's design too, I guess.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-22, 20:13   Link #3920
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Hmm what scene was that? Can't remember it now.

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller