Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-03-30, 02:58   Link #3921
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalSpringFlower View Post
Hi, does anyone know whether Embryo's version of the song will be released?
I would like to know this too.

Me want. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAZ1TF353mg
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 04:37   Link #3922
flamerounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
I don't know if it's been mentioned before but Ange said to Embryothat she understands why norma were born and why they are all women: It's the world's way off putting a middle finger to Embryo and have women raise a generation of humans who don't obey Embryo. Wouldn't that also explain why norma are so lustful?
This one actually has an interesting irony that poor Embryo never realized: that the "strong, intelligent women" that he is obsessing about are right there in front of him all along in the form of the norma. Not just Ange, but the entire norma populace, the very group he used as a scapegoat for his "perfect" society. They're strong enough to not be under his control and intelligent to realize that they can continue on even without his, ahem, guidance.

Sometimes it makes you wonder if this series might actually have a strong feminist stance (albeit delivered in a twisted manner).
flamerounin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 04:54   Link #3923
FunnyGuy
Banned

The last episode was epic for me:

> Hilda admits that Ange is closer to Tusk than anyone else. She accepted defeat from the Knight of Vilkiss.

> For the 3rd time, Tusk foiled Embryo'd plan to make Ange his waifu. His Boner-kun cried.

> Hilda's annoyed faced was priceless. Mid-air cunnilingus, only Tusk can do.

> Tusk returned Ultimate Omamori and puts on Ange's ring. Symbolic

> Ange x Tusk combo slashed Embryo's thousand year existence. Narcissistic perverts must die.

I want to see their baby now..... T_T

Last edited by FunnyGuy; 2015-03-30 at 05:59.
FunnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 05:54   Link #3924
Arya

Ahh, great great, I liked this show a lot. After the first episodes that were, well, it's useless to bring that back.
For my tastes it was too much leaning toward the not-seriousness side of the spectrum, but it was fairly consistent in what it tried to portray.
Not really engaged by the plot (as usual) I really liked Ange and her development. Even with all the shenanigans going around her Or thanks even to that.
What I didn't like was Embryo, too exaggerated, too straight out villain. And too one- dimensional, being driven by his urges, if we can call them that. I'm not fond of sexual abuse. And he crossed the line more than once. I didn't like him more for the general understanding of his doing than him as a character.

About the ending, yep, Tusk and Ange managed to have their cafe after all. Finally a happy ending. I needed it
And yep, apparently he is the only man around, lucky bastard, go and repopulate the world

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 06:17   Link #3925
The 48th Ronin

Hell yeah, Tusk is now the new alpha male!

Man, that final crotchdive, is just... I can't say anything.

Though I think the ending's kinda rushed. But they did wrap up things here.

And Sylvia, how did you turn into Jill Valentine so quickly? I really want to see a spinoff with her as MC.

Good riddance Momotaros Embryo, you won't be missed. How dare you emulate the Destroyer of Worlds with your multiverse hullabaloo!

Final score: 8
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 06:33   Link #3926
FunnyGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Hell yeah, Tusk is now the new alpha male!

Man, that final crotchdive, is just... I can't say anything.
Tusk has shown us the way how to become the Ultimate Harem King.
Old 2015-03-30, 06:45   Link #3927
Arya

Yep, their final crotchdive was awesome!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 07:29   Link #3928
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The biggest disgrace upon humanity is finally over...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 07:35   Link #3929
FunnyGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Glad Embryo's dead.
Old 2015-03-30, 08:51   Link #3930
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It's more like a challenge to see who can top it.
Old 2015-03-30, 10:19   Link #3931
QSTraderDG86

Oh, one other bit of trivia...

Aura? She's voiced by Murrue Ramius.

Seems fitting that the organic version of the Archangel is voiced by Archangel's captain .
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 11:14   Link #3932
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
When the subject of discrimination is a theme, no it's not limited to discrimination, any type of issue present in the world's setting, the MC can only be three things: either be above the influence, be caught in it and go down the villain/anti-hero route, or have a character journey that starts from one spectrum and ends in the other. It can't be this so-so attitude that Ange has that doesn't cater one way or the other. A character in the middle ground should not be the MC.
You seem to have missed Ange's character arch. She started out as a sanctimonious bitch and she ended as a slightly less sanctimonious bitch but at no point in that did she give a damn about anyone who crossed her.

Ange is not a very moral person even after all she goes through she still writes off the Manausers at the end just like she did the Norma at the beginning of the show.

Also a point skipped over is her reaction to hurting and killing people which she blames on being a Norma. However we do not see any other Norma acting that way and we do see that her sister's favorite pass time is whipping people. So she is just a sadist and apparently it runs in the family.

Once everything has calmed down and she stops having a reason to hurt and kill people I would hate to be Tusk's ass because I imagine it is going to be thoroughly worked over.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 11:37   Link #3933
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
You seem to have missed Ange's character arch. She started out as a sanctimonious bitch and she ended as a slightly less sanctimonious bitch but at no point in that did she give a damn about anyone who crossed her.

Ange is not a very moral person even after all she goes through she still writes off the Manausers at the end just like she did the Norma at the beginning of the show.

Also a point skipped over is her reaction to hurting and killing people which she blames on being a Norma. However we do not see any other Norma acting that way and we do see that her sister's favorite pass time is whipping people. So she is just a sadist and apparently it runs in the family.

Once everything has calmed down and she stops having a reason to hurt and kill people I would hate to be Tusk's ass because I imagine it is going to be thoroughly worked over.
This all the more proves my point that Ange was not a decent MC.
Old 2015-03-30, 12:00   Link #3934
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
This all the more proves my point that Ange was not a decent MC.
Well, she has boobs. Get naked every two episodes . And spent more time being sexually assault/ participate on sexual activities than actually driving her mech. That's all they need from Ange as the MC: her sex appeal.

Just think, man. If they somehow remove Ange sex-appeal, let's say gender-flip her. Or having her as a gender neutral android. This series will turn to properly the purest piece of craps that even the more interesting side-characters won't be able to redeem it. And Ange probably will be the most useless and annoying character in anime history. She will be basically the worse version of pre-reboot Shinji (Evangelion), who spent the second half of the anime being:
  1. captured
  2. the enemy-turned-ally release her
  3. captured
  4. rescued by friends,
  5. captured
  6. rescued by friends,
  7. captured
  8. friends sacrifice to buy her time to run
  9. cry and whine about her friend deaths,
  10. recover when see her friend alives, enter the climax battle and fight nothing but small fries
  11. captured
  12. rescued by friends
  13. deal the final blow on boss
  14. claim ruler of the new world, tell her old world that they have to fight to survive by themselves (see the irony here?)

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2015-03-30 at 12:19.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 12:00   Link #3935
Ryuga

The rest of Norma weren't exactly clean cut either for various reasons (see Zola and Jill), like being in a shitty environment and being discriminated against, which Ange went through as well. I don't really understand why people're expecting her to be some kind of saviour, like she owes the people of Mana anything. Sometimes, when you're discriminated against, you don't rise above it and be a better person to the people who are dumping on you, especially if they're still trying to dump on you. In the end, Embryo was going to destroy them all and Ange saved them indirectly even if she didn't care for them. She left them to their own devices. For better or worse, the people of Mana have the choice Embryo wasn't going to give them. Maybe they'll sort themselves out, maybe not.

Now, is it entirely the Mana user's fault? No, they were manipulated. So was Ange, but the series never spared her and pummelled her into oblivion for her previous racism. Justified or not, she had to learn some harsh lessons and now she's doing the same for the people of Mana.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 13:23   Link #3936
FunnyGuy
Banned

If this turned out to be yuri, I bet the haters will take back their words.

Too bad she chose Tusk over the bitches in the ship no?

Thank God, they didn't killed Tusk. He's all she needed from this screwed, twisted, full of racism and yuri nymphomaniac world of theirs.

Last edited by FunnyGuy; 2015-03-30 at 13:54.
Old 2015-03-30, 13:28   Link #3937
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Well, she has boobs. Get naked every two episodes . And spent more time being sexually assault/ participate on sexual activities than actually driving her mech. That's all they need from Ange as the MC: her sex appeal.

Just think, man. If they somehow remove Ange sex-appeal, let's say gender-flip her. Or having her as a gender neutral android. This series will turn to properly the purest piece of craps that even the more interesting side-characters won't be able to redeem it. And Ange probably will be the most useless and annoying character in anime history. She will be basically the worse version of pre-reboot Shinji (Evangelion), who spent the second half of the anime being:
  1. captured
  2. the enemy-turned-ally release her
  3. captured
  4. rescued by friends,
  5. captured
  6. rescued by friends,
  7. captured
  8. friends sacrifice to buy her time to run
  9. cry and whine about her friend deaths,
  10. recover when see her friend alives, enter the climax battle and fight nothing but small fries
  11. captured
  12. rescued by friends
  13. deal the final blow on boss
  14. claim ruler of the new world, tell her old world that they have to fight to survive by themselves (see the irony here?)
You could replace Yuri with homo(I really don't care about this sort of thing) and I'd still watch it if it was still a mech series with dragons. Just give the guys varied character designs.

I can't say the same for anyone else though...
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 13:43   Link #3938
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Ange was a great MC. I'd love her even if she were male, genderless, futa, insect, dog, alien or some other thing. She was such a breath of fresh air compared to other protagonists. She was definitely not protagonist material and that's what made her so great. My top pick for best-girl 2015 got confirmed and the year's barely even started.
Old 2015-03-30, 14:27   Link #3939
TheRealWinston

Quote:
I understand that. The problem is that Ange wants to create a country where everyone is accepted, dragon and human alike.

Again, that's due to lack of world building in this series. We don't see many mana-users besides the ones who are complete dicks. There wasn't a single prominent character who was a mana user to expand on their side. This series really needed three main characters that represented all three sides: Ange for Norma, Sala for Dragon, and one for Mana users. However, that would require consistent and proper storytelling.
I say only one person, Misty Rosenblum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
I don't know if it's been mentioned before but Ange said to Embryothat she understands why norma were born and why they are all women: It's the world's way off putting a middle finger to Embryo and have women raise a generation of humans who don't obey Embryo. Wouldn't that also explain why norma are so lustful?
I don't think so.

Quote:
(Meanwhile, bring the doujins! Tusk x Ange x Hilda, Ange x Momoka, Hilda x Sala, Vivian x Ersha, bring it on!)
Good idea.
TheRealWinston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 14:59   Link #3940
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
The rest of Norma weren't exactly clean cut either for various reasons (see Zola and Jill), like being in a shitty environment and being discriminated against, which Ange went through as well. I don't really understand why people're expecting her to be some kind of saviour, like she owes the people of Mana anything. Sometimes, when you're discriminated against, you don't rise above it and be a better person to the people who are dumping on you, especially if they're still trying to dump on you. In the end, Embryo was going to destroy them all and Ange saved them indirectly even if she didn't care for them. She left them to their own devices. For better or worse, the people of Mana have the choice Embryo wasn't going to give them. Maybe they'll sort themselves out, maybe not.

Now, is it entirely the Mana user's fault? No, they were manipulated. So was Ange, but the series never spared her and pummelled her into oblivion for her previous racism. Justified or not, she had to learn some harsh lessons and now she's doing the same for the people of Mana.
Yeah, it feels like more and more MCs these days (male or female) have to be made into some kind of naive and/or idealistic goody-good with few, if any, realistic human flaws as opposed to more comedic style ones.

I mean if a real life person were to be put into someone like Naruto's shoes, for example, could they honestly say that they'd grow up to still be "good/forgiving people", as someone like Naruto (up to chapter 698) was constantly able to do? I doubt it. Chances are that most would grow up more into one of the "Naruto gone wrong" foils (Haku, Gaara, Nagato, Obito, etc.).

Same with Ange, if a real life person were put in her shoes and went through all those same things she had to experience and endure, would they be able to even just bring themselves to not care about the oppressors (even if they were manipulated)? Again, I doubt it for most.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanservice, mecha, ps vita, romance