AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-23, 12:43   Link #3961
zibi88

It would be funny if after all the fight Hiro learns that all he had to do is to kiss 02 to bring her back to herself and didnt had to go to space at all

Still I wonder how the story will end... everyone up there dies, or some dies and some return back to tell the story. Maybe they will be stuck on mars unable to go back to earth...so they will be stargazing at earth thinking how things are going back there.

It could be that Hiro and 02 will die in the final fight with Virm, everyone else returns safely. Kokoro gives birth to a boy and they decide to name him after Hiro. Or maybe it will be twins like boy girl so thet name them after those two that died. The gang finds the color book and they draw up the end of the story. Prince turns himself into a monster like the princess and goes after her to the sky where he finds her and both stay together in love for all eternity leaving both their worlds behind.

We will see.

For this episode I like Nana and her change, from a broken person with no purpose that even lost the will to walk...finaly got a new role and she tries to embrace it. Even the other Nana is showing respect towards this Nana and is following her orders. Nice to see the Nana going with the kids to space, it shows that she cares for those kids... yet I wonder if she will tell the crew that Naomi and rest of the Garden kids are fine and alive. Hearing that Naomi is fine would mostly boost their morale so they can do their best so they can later on meet up with their friend.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 12:45   Link #3962
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

geez
they should have throw this plot around episode 15
too many conflict to properly cleared in 2 episodes

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 12:49   Link #3963
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Goro again showing he's the most grounded character in the show. i thought this ep was fantastic. they managed to jam everyone's personal struggle in to a single ep, and do it relatively well. they even threw in the meta "my brain can't keep up with this" line in. 02 looking like the happiest girl in the world there..

the last page not being done in the picture book is a not so subtle hint that they can still write their own ending. the next two weeks can't come fast enough!

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 12:52   Link #3964
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

APE not checking if Kokoro was pregnant makes even less sense now that we know it renders you unable to pilot a Franxx. Especially since it seemed like there was a procedure in place in case this happened, since the new Nana seemed to know everything there is to know about pregnancy.

That aside, that was a good episode. I liked Goro's outburst. He's not wrong about Hiro. Of course, I also understand Hiro's feelings of wanting to rescue Zero Two, but he could have broken the news to them in a better way.

Everything else was great. Particularly liked the Hachi and Nana bits.
Old 2018-06-23, 12:53   Link #3965
wissenschaft

Also, I add here that back in I think ep 17, when the Klaxosaur meet the APE deligate and called one of them a human-wanabe, thats actually a poor translation. A more accurate one would be human impostor. That hints more strongly that some of APE are not human nor Klaxosaur.

[QUOTE=Kanon;6250197]APE not checking if Kokoro was pregnant makes even less sense now that we know it renders you unable to pilot a Franxx. /QUOTE]

It is mentioned by fake nana that abortion was used in such situations. So Kokoro wasn't the first parasite to get pregnant. They just waited till it caused problems with piloting then terminated the pregnancy at that point. No doubt they also rewrote the poor girl's memories afterwards. Thats pretty evil.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2018-06-23 at 13:04.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 13:01   Link #3966
Kazu-kun

I always liked Goro (as much as I can like a character from this show, that is) but in this case I think Hiro was right. At this point 02 is basically his wife, and there's no way a man worth his salt would abandon his wife in danger. That just doesn't make sense.

Mind you, I get that Goro probably can't understand this because he still hasn't found someone who is that important to him. Besides he's scared of this new life and wanted to rely on Hiro. He admitted this himself. But still, Hiro was in the right. When your wife is in danger, you rush to the rescue without hesitation. That's all there is to it.

Hiro has become a man.
Old 2018-06-23, 13:03   Link #3967
Ligerleon89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I always liked Goro (as much as I can like a character from this show, that is) but in this case I think Hiro was right. At this point 02 is basically his wife, and there's no way a man worth his salt would abandon his wife in danger. That just doesn't make sense.

Mind you, I get that Goro probably can't understand this because he still hasn't found someone who is that important to him. Besides he's scared of this new life and wanted to rely on Hiro. He admitted this himself. But still, Hiro was in the right. When your wife is in danger, you rush to the rescue without hesitation. That's all there is to it.

Hiro has become a man.
Agreed, he can't back down now. His lady is in trouble and he is going to be there for her in her time of need, even if her spirit resides in a mech right now. (I should say darling but hey).
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 13:08   Link #3968
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Hiro has become a man.
02 is better protected than he is. She is a giant mecha with lots of firepowers. He is in a spaceship. Besides, she chose to leave the planet.

It's like women going off to war in the military. The husband isn't going to rush off to the battlefield after her if he isn't a soldier. But Squad 13 are soldiers. A better reason would have been to go to space to fight for their planet.
Old 2018-06-23, 13:11   Link #3969
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
02 is better protected than he is.
Did you even watch the episode? She's dying. They're losing against VIRM and Streliztia is taking way too much damage which is all transmitted to 02's body. She is dying. If he abandoned her now that would mean he didn't grow at all.

Quote:
A better reason would have been to go to space to fight for their planet.
That would make sense in a different show. This show was never about Hiro becoming a hero. It was about him becoming a man. A man takes care of those he loves first and foremost. If the world is saved in the process, that's a nice bonus, but it's not his priority.
Old 2018-06-23, 13:17   Link #3970
Ligerleon89

Quote:
Did you even watch the episode? She's dying. They're losing against VIRM and Streliztia is taking way too much damage which is all transmitted to 02's body. She is dying. If he would abandon her now that means he didn't grow at all.
It only shows that even with a big mech, it doesn't mean she's owning right now. The wounds that showed up on her arm and on the right side of her face is proof. This is a fight that she can't fight alone. Otherwise she wouldn't be taking that much damage right now.
Old 2018-06-23, 13:22   Link #3971
Blueknight78

Quote:
02 is better protected than he is. She is a giant mecha with lots of firepowers. He is in a spaceship. Besides, she chose to leave the planet.

It's like women going off to war in the military. The husband isn't going to rush off to the battlefield after her if he isn't a soldier. But Squad 13 are soldiers. A better reason would have been to go to space to fight for their planet.
Quote:
Did you even watch the episode? She's dying. They're losing against VIRM and Streliztia is taking way too much damage which is all transmitted to 02's body. She is dying. If he would abandon her now that means he didn't grow at all.
yeah, she really is on a worse situation than him, just because her "physical body" is safe on earth, it's still taking the damage and "dying" of starvation from unable to eat due to 02 focus on the battle.

I really like hiro, he is really not you 'generic mc" here, he is really very flawed and not exactly "wanting to save the world" but very selfish and just wanting to have his waifus, i like the fact which he is doing things more for his own selfish than because he "must save the world" it's make his actions "more realistic" since he does have a self agenda motivation to do it.

It's looks like the guy on the video was "half right" about 02, her conscious really goes to the giant robot but her body still alive, this means which they still have a chance and looks like hiro is become more and more klaxs than human, i really can see him ending turning in a klaxs and help restating the "klaxs race".

About naomi!!!!, see peoples claim she is dead which they are "killing" the useless, here no, they are not killing, professor was preparing them to be the "next human race", that is why he was making the tests with squad 13, he was preparing the things "for the worst moment" he was 2 steps ahead of VIRM in the end, them really mankind still have enough youngs to repopulate the world again, they just need stop use the magma and go back to the "old way".

Really liked that episode, things are making more and more sense now, while it not a "masterpiece(and even masterpieces does have mistakes) still really good so far some up and dowsn but very good at last for me.
Old 2018-06-23, 13:23   Link #3972
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
This isn't about "abandoning". She's a soldier. He's also a soldier. It may be a harsh thing to say but soldiers die in war. They are protecting something more than just each other.

If he was a civilian, he couldn't go. It wouldn't be considered "abandonment". You do what you can do. Anything else just puts yourself and the others on the battlefield at risk.
Old 2018-06-23, 13:24   Link #3973
wissenschaft

Quote:
Did you even watch the episode? She's dying.
Shes not dying. Her body just gets injured when the mech gets injured. True, she might die if she keeps getting wounds like that but its gong to take a lot to bring Strelizia Apus.

Note: Apus is a star constellation that represents a bird-of-paradise while Strelitzia is a flower that represents birds of paradise as well. So the name of the mech is amusingly redundant. lol

I felt the same way as Goro this episode. I wanted to slap Hiro. Does he not care about his other friends whom hes fought with in battle and grew up with. Seriously, by now he should know he can ask them for help. They would have excepted. Goro wasn't angry about the decision to go to mars as much as how Hiro expressed himself, seemingly with no concern for his friends.
Old 2018-06-23, 13:26   Link #3974
Ligerleon89

Quote:
This isn't about "abandoning". She's a soldier. He's also a soldier. It may be a harsh thing to say but soldiers die in war. They are protecting something more than just each other.

If he was a civilian, he couldn't go. It wouldn't be considered "abandonment". You do what you can do. Anything else just puts yourself and the others on the battlefield at risk.
You're missing the mark here. Who cares if she's a soldier...to Hiro, Zero-Two is his darling and he is going to help her. He loves her too much to leave things as is. He made a promise to her that goes past all this solider stuff.
Old 2018-06-23, 13:27   Link #3975
Kazu-kun

Quote:
No, they're not soldiers. They didn't choose any of this. It was forced on them. They're just kids, barely becoming young adults. That was also one of the themes in the episode, with Nana coming back to be an adult for the kids and all.

There are no soldiers here. Just kids trying to do their best. And Hiro has grown enough to understand he can't abandon the one he loves the most. That's all there is to it.
Old 2018-06-23, 13:27   Link #3976
Blueknight78

Quote:

you told this:

02 is better protected than he is.

which is not true, she is in the middle of the war fighting and take damage while he was fine and even without damage the fact which she is unable to eat is also killing her body

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Shes not dying. Her body just gets injured when the mech gets injured. True, she might die if she keeps getting wounds like that but its gong to take a lot to bring Strelizia Apus.

Note: Apus is a star constellation that represents a bird-of-paradise while Strelitzia is a flower that represents birds of paradise as well. So the name of the mech is amusingly redundant. lol
she can die from starvation, since she is refusing to eat, we don't know if her mind can keep alive if her body die.
Old 2018-06-23, 13:28   Link #3977
wissenschaft

Quote:
No, they're not soldiers. They didn't choose any of this. It was forced on them. They're just kids, just starting to become young adults. That was also one of the themes in the episode, with Nana coming back to be an adult for the kids and all.

There are no soldiers here. Just kids trying to do their best. And Hiro has grown enough to understand he can't abandon the one he loves the most. That's all there is to it.
Plenty of soldiers don't get a choice in the matter. Forced Conscription exists in real life as well. Conscripts are still soldiers. This kids are trained and experience in battle. They are not just kids anymore.

The point Onion is trying to make is that its not wrong for Hiro to want to rescue Zero-two but he has more things to be concerned about. What about the rest of squad 13? They are practically family. Is he really willing to just abandon them to their fate to save one woman? How is that manly? A man has a responsibility to more than just his lover. Whats even worst is that Hiro has always been an inspirational leader for the rest of the Squad but now hes offering no guidance or reassurance to them.

Its understandable since whats happened to Zero-Two would be quite shocking and devastating to anyone. But it still doesn't excuse Hiro's behavior, especially when whats left of humanity is at risk of extinction. I can totally understand Goro's outburst. I wanted to give Hiro a good rant as well.
Old 2018-06-23, 13:35   Link #3978
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Plenty of Soldiers don't get a choice in the matter. Forced Conscription exists in real life as well.
Context is a thing. One big theme of the show is freedom. Freedom to choose your own path in life. The kids didn't have that until now, specially 02. She's not a soldier. She was a slave and now she needs help. And Hiro will go and save her.

Quote:
I felt the same way as Goro this episode. I wanted to slap Hiro. Does he not care about his other friends whom hes fought with in battle and grew up with. Seriously, by now he should know he can ask them for help. They would have excepted. Goro wasn't angry about the decision to go to mars as much as how Hiro expressed himself, seemingly with no concern for his friends.
The thing is Goro didn't want to go with him. Goro wanted him to stay, partially because he's afraid of their new life and wanted to rely on him (he admitted this to Ichigo).

And while Hiro didn't ask for help, he wasn't against it either. In fact he was really happy when Goro and the others decided to go with him.
Old 2018-06-23, 13:37   Link #3979
Ligerleon89

Quote:
Plenty of soldiers don't get a choice in the matter. Forced Conscription exists in real life as well. Conscripts are still soldiers. This kids are trained and experience in battle. They are not just kids anymore.

The point Onion is trying to make is that its not wrong for Hiro to want to rescue Zero-two but he has more things to be concern about. What about the rest of squad 13? They are practically family. Is he really willing to just abandon them to their fate to save one woman. How is that manly? A man has a responsibility to more than just his lover. Whats even worst is that Hiro has always been an inspirational leader for the rest of the Squad but now hes offering no guidance or reassurance to them.

Its understandable since whats happened to Zero-Two would be quite shocking and devastating to anyone. But it still doesn't excuse Hiro's behavior, especially when whats left of humanity is at risk of extinction. I can totally understand Goro's outburst. I wanted to give Hiro a good rant as well.
It's never an easy situation. But you got to make a choice in the end. And you know what, I say go after Zero-Two anyway. The VIRM still won't leave Earth alone, to which Zero-Two is fighting them off they were speaking. Besides, they were way too reliant on Hiro for all their answers. He won't always have a solution for them. They had to make own their decisions, Hiro decides to go after Zero-Two, so what are they going to do? It's up to them to how they took this new information and decided whatever is best for each of them if it means it'll lead to something, which I'm glad they chose to go with him. Battles like this aren't meant to be fought alone.
Old 2018-06-23, 13:40   Link #3980
wissenschaft

Oh, I'm not arguing that its wrong to rescure Zero-Two. I want the kids to rescue her as well.

I just want Hiro think about his friends well being as well as Zero-Two. In the end, thats what Goro was really angry about, the feeling that Hiro didn't care about them anymore.