AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

View Poll Results: SR Second Term Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 30 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 22.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 9.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-03, 17:09   Link #21
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Tsunku does not equal Hello Project!

Even though he pushed Ami quite heavily as the "Akibakei aidoru", she isn't that bad or anything. It's just an image he created around her, and if you base your dislike around that fact alone, then you have completely bought Tsunku's hype.

Even though I liked Horie Yui's song better (and I agree with Swampstorm that it fit the video much better), it does not in any way mean that the current OP is bad.

I think the girl is cute, genki, she has a good voice and generally fits the atmosphere of the show. Same thing with the ending.
Old 2006-04-06, 00:03   Link #22
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Ah.. maybe I should start paying more attention to OP/EDs in anime since most of the discussion seems to be about them here .

The ep seemed kind of rushed in some places-- kind of like really fast pacing. I really like the original parts and how they redid some scenes, but sometimes the flow gets cut by the screen transitions. I guess it's something that could be attributed to the production team? A lot of cute Yakumo scenes though <3
Old 2006-04-06, 18:03   Link #23
Mentar
Banned

Hmm... I feel that I need to raise a flag for the ED here. It's a really beautiful and melodical little song with interesting lyrics, and one of the few pieces which make me seriously consider ordering it on CD. Maybe I like it because it's so atypical to other anime OP/ED combos.

Anyway, glad to see the show rolling again

Kids meal forever!
Old 2006-04-06, 18:11   Link #24
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Hmm... I feel that I need to raise a flag for the ED here. It's a really beautiful and melodical little song with interesting lyrics, and one of the few pieces which make me seriously consider ordering it on CD. Maybe I like it because it's so atypical to other anime OP/ED combos.

Anyway, glad to see the show rolling again

Kids meal forever!
Yeah, the melody and lyrics are fairly good on that song - you really need to listen to it until it starts to build in order to fully appreciate it. The only weakness that I see is in the animation clips in the early part of the sequence - the faceless thing throws me off at first. But that's minor.
Old 2006-04-06, 18:30   Link #25
DrewGSR

Blah the OP and ED are weak but other than that the episode was pretty damn funny. It gave me good laughs and im happy that SR is back. Hard to find good comedies as of late. Looking forward to te upcoming episodes.
Old 2006-04-06, 21:21   Link #26
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

The OP is great, though I guess it really doesn't follow the video like the first. I found the first ED annoying, so this new ED is an improvement, but does such a calm song suit SR?

First ep was great. More love for Harima x Yakumo. ^^
But 2-D throwing down another challenge --> -_-;;
Old 2006-04-06, 21:31   Link #27
FlyByNite

Still waiting to hear Ichijou speak some to see how Mako sounds as her. Is it Mai Otome that caused the conflict since Yuuka was doing Nao in it?
Old 2006-04-06, 21:40   Link #28
Js2756
Thread Killer

Woo! Lots of Yakumo in this episode, especially a lot of Yakumo x Harima moments. Although I do feel pretty bad for Eri, not only because of Harima, but because lack of screentime.
Old 2006-04-07, 00:43   Link #29
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756
Woo! Lots of Yakumo in this episode, especially a lot of Yakumo x Harima moments. Although I do feel pretty bad for Eri, not only because of Harima, but because lack of screentime.
Don't worry. Even though she appeared only a few times in this episode, every moment was important in building pathos for her character. She'll go through a very hard time for now, but when the time comes, I guarantee that you won't be feeling sorry.
Old 2006-04-07, 02:17   Link #30
Kyousuke

First episode was amazingly funny.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kyousuke; 2006-04-07 at 02:42.
Old 2006-04-07, 03:33   Link #31
DrewGSR

Though Harima x Yakumo is a hell of alot better than Tenma. I would have to go with the Eri x Harima crowd. Their chemistry together is friken hilarious
Old 2006-04-07, 06:18   Link #32
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Let the good times role, yeaaa! The first episode was very entertaining and hilarious.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-07, 06:41   Link #33
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ever since the end of the last season, I've had what I can only describe as extreme mixed feelings for School Rumble. On the one hand, I love the scathingly witty comedy and almost all of the characters. But, on the other hand I hate the fact that the story progresses at a snail's pace and that Tenma is used as a device to stall every single chance of any relationship progressing over and over and over again.

But when the comedy is as good as it was in the first episode, I don't mind so much. Anyway, I loved the first episode, and all of a sudden I think it's ok for me to love School Rumble again (since I fell out of love with it after the horribly mediocre OVA episodes). The plot progressed at a snail's pace again, but there was just something about this episode that refused to let me wipe the smile off my face. Maybe the comedy has improved slightly, or maybe it was just the fact that it's a new season... a chance to start anew and improve on the things that made SR great (the comedy and characters that aren't Tenma or Karasuma) and fix the flaws of the first season that slightly let it down. Either way there's no doubt that this series is back and in a good way (so far anyway), but it feels like there's something different about this season... something better... something that I can't quite put my finger on. Either that, or I'm just deluding myself with optimism.

The OP song I was indifferent about. I predict it'll be one of those songs I'll get used to with time, but probably won't care for too much. But I thought the ED song and ED sequence were really good.

Anyway, if nothing else, this first episode renewed my optimism about School Rumble. Fingers crossed that this will be another good season.
Old 2006-04-07, 08:51   Link #34
evil-samurai

I really!! like the opening song, the girl has a wonderfull! Voice, plus while I was watching the RAW.. they showed her in Real life singing it ^^ which brought me to even like the song even more Plus seeing a big room full of guys jumping up and down and swirling there fingers in the air was Priceless!

I havn't watch all the show yet, but I have to say I'm glad the show is back Harima and the other guys really make this show somthing special, and mixing them together with the girls provides alot! of laughs ^^ I dont think I ever have to doubt wether the show is going to turn out to be good or not, It just is! going to be great.
Old 2006-04-07, 09:05   Link #35
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Ever since the end of the last season, I've had what I can only describe as extreme mixed feelings for School Rumble. On the one hand, I love the scathingly witty comedy and almost all of the characters. But, on the other hand I hate the fact that the story progresses at a snail's pace and that Tenma is used as a device to stall every single chance of any relationship progressing over and over and over again.

But when the comedy is as good as it was in the first episode, I don't mind so much. Anyway, I loved the first episode, and all of a sudden I think it's ok for me to love School Rumble again (since I fell out of love with it after the horribly mediocre OVA episodes). The plot progressed at a snail's pace again, but there was just something about this episode that refused to let me wipe the smile off my face. Maybe the comedy has improved slightly, or maybe it was just the fact that it's a new season... a chance to start anew and improve on the things that made SR great (the comedy and characters that aren't Tenma or Karasuma) and fix the flaws of the first season that slightly let it down. Either way there's no doubt that this series is back and in a good way (so far anyway), but it feels like there's something different about this season... something better... something that I can't quite put my finger on. Either that, or I'm just deluding myself with optimism.

The OP song I was indifferent about. I predict it'll be one of those songs I'll get used to with time, but probably won't care for too much. But I thought the ED song and ED sequence were really good.

Anyway, if nothing else, this first episode renewed my optimism about School Rumble. Fingers crossed that this will be another good season.
Actually, the only reason that the OVAs were slightly weaker was because outside of the extra onsen scene, everything else was pieced together from the side (♭) chapters from the manga. Most ♭ chapters are just there to provide extra details and stories about some of the more minor characters in the series. It was a necessary evil, though - riceball didn't get a proper treatment in Ep.26 with all of the unusual happenings in that episode. The OVAs were necessary to set the stage for the events of this season.
Old 2006-04-07, 09:10   Link #36
D3athScythe
« Mecha | Shana »

Send a message via MSN to D3athScythe
This series never ceases to make me laugh ^_^
The first episode was awesome and since I enjoyed the first season
I know I'd enjoy the rest of this season as well, can't wait for ep. 2
Old 2006-04-07, 10:47   Link #37
Forever
Revealing the truth

I laughed till i dropped! I cant remember when did I laughed so much these days! Simply fantastic to see my fav school rumble back! Time to change avatar!

All hail the return of school rumble and yakumo!

The OP wasnt too fantastic but I liked the ED.
Old 2006-04-07, 11:31   Link #38
philip72

I laughed so hard at one point, the milk I was drinking came out my nose, what an excellent start to a new season.

I'd forgotten just how funny and well written this show really was. Hanai and Harima are an awesome comedy team, and I don't think there has been a adorable female buffoon like Tenma since Gracie Allen in the 30's and 40's.

Another thing I had forgotten was that every time there's a HarimaxYakumo scene I'm rooting for HarimaxYakumo, and every time there's a HarimaxEri scene I'm rooting for HarimaxEri. Is that fickle or what?

Of course if Harima ever did fall for Yakumo the show would be over, as she's a perfect girl and would eliminate comedy potential (She'd the choice for me though). Harima could date Eri however, with plenty of comedic situations still available.

Is there anybody out there that is actually rooting for HarimaxTenma?
Old 2006-04-07, 12:21   Link #39
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

LOL. That's all I have to say (but of course I'll say more).

That ending with Imouto-san giving Harima the bento at Tenma's urging had me in stitches. Just the way Tenma was so stupidly proud of herself was the best.
Old 2006-04-07, 14:15   Link #40
ShikaShika
無罪

Thought it was pretty good, though a bit behind the top episodes of the first season. Was quite shocked to see my 7 being the lowest grade of all.
Closed Thread