AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 17 23.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 18.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 27.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 15.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.39%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.39%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-19, 15:44   Link #21
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for ep13:
Old 2012-01-19, 16:26   Link #22
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Holy crap, really bad animation this episode

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2012-01-19, 17:21   Link #23
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Tsugumi stole the episode in every scene she appeared, now I can say that she is definitely my favorite character
Ah ah, yes exactly !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

Too bad the writers felt the need to confirm the canon ship in that new OP. It's like they read the boards and realised everyone was desperately trying to ship Shu with anyone but Inori so they decided to kill it once and for all.
It's a trap op ! We all know that Shu will end up with Tsugumi :3

Not a bad episode but it was certainly cliche and I find the design of Ayase's void quite ridiculous Another thing that I'm not fond of if that Shu made the same mistake than before with Ayase (trying to help her to stand up).
Old 2012-01-19, 17:27   Link #24
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Just watched episode 13.

Hmm, i'm not sure about the new opening, I think I liked the first opening much better than this one.

From what I saw at the start, the place had been completely locked down. It's like a Resident Evil movie where they would contain the virus/disease, look for cures whilst keeping the virus/disease away from the open world and concealed within it's source which was the city. All contact had been cut off, and soldiers were everywhere.

The main members of Funeral Parlor are using the school as a place to blend in, which is actually pretty smart, since Inori, Ayase and Tsugumi are all around Highschool age and look pretty convincing in the school uniform. I would definately mistake them as students if I didn't already know who they were. And by the looks of it, some of the school members like Hare and Kanon are becoming Funeral Parlor recruits.

Ayase seems too...what's the word...proud? I don't like the way she acts towards people who offer her help. There is a thing called manners. Rather than saying "Get Lost" to those two guys, she could have said "I can get up myself thanks". I know she doesn't like being offered help, it's pretty much how people say "You're in a wheelchair" to her. Then again, as Tsugumi said, she was hit pretty hard when she learnt about Gai's death...could that possibly effect the way she acts towards people? Possibly, but she acted exaclty the same towards Shu before Gai's death when he offered to help. She was definately taking out her anger and sadness on others like Shu and Tsugumi.

Looks like Shu is learning more about his powers. He is able to take it out of people now without leaving them unconscious and can even let someone else use it. He can also take more than one void out at once now.

Oh, and Tsugumi looks good in a cat/maid outfit

Ayase's void is definately awesome. It makes a lot of sense for her to have something like that, it's pretty much what her heart desired. I wonder if she'll use her void more than her wheelchair.

Also, what was that new song that was playing during the action called? It was catchy

One quick question. Was that blonde hair boy that Tsugumi ran into Daryl? I couldn't tell.

Anyways, this has been one of the better episodes of this anime in my opinion. Ayase and Tsugumi stole the show, and finally Shu didn't look like he was scared out of his mind.

Last edited by DXMichael; 2012-01-26 at 21:03.
Old 2012-01-19, 17:27   Link #25
Tenza-Zangetsu

got some Darker than Black vibes from the new opening

hopefully they make Shu into a badass in the coming episodes and don't screw the plot up too much
Old 2012-01-19, 17:30   Link #26
c^2

Ayase's void made for a nice scene, but the first thing on my mind was: why hasn't Shuu used Hare's void on Ayase yet? I think she would still like that very much, so hopefully they figure it out at some point.

Especially considering what just happened, Hare's void would have been in high demand of late.

Last edited by c^2; 2012-01-20 at 00:05. Reason: remove spoiler
Old 2012-01-19, 18:03   Link #27
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Ayase seems too...what's the word...proud? I don't like the way she acts towards people who offer her help. There is a thing called manners. Rather than saying "Get Lost" to those two guys, she could have said "I can get up myself thanks". I know she doesn't like being offered help, it's pretty much how people say "You're in a wheelchair" to her. Then again, as Tsugumi said, she was hit pretty hard when she learnt about Gai's death...could that possibly effect the way she acts towards people? Possibly, but she acted exaclty the same towards Shu before Gai's death when he offered to help. She was definately taking out her anger and sadness on others like Shu and Tsugumi.
I think Ayase's attitude is understandable, for the most part. We've known all along that she's very willful, so her wanting to take care of herself, especially when she's in a state where most people would assume she needs their help, makes perfect sense. It doesn't help that other people trying to help often comes across as them pitying her, and I'm sure she doesn't really appreciate that, either. Between wanting to be independent and not wanting to be pitied, Ayase rejecting any kind of help and going to great lengths to take care of herself is understandable.
Old 2012-01-19, 18:20   Link #28
Johnny
Working the bags...

Well they solved the 'how are we going to be able to fight back now' problem. Shu's going to pull the voids from those needed and tada you have your new and improved Funeral Parlor...
Old 2012-01-19, 19:35   Link #29
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Observations while watching the episode:

-New opening. Three minutes in, and I already like this episode better than the others.
-Okay, is Ayase's wheelchair used? Because it's not that easy to fall out of them.
-Hey guys? Next time you demonstrate friendliness, don't make a face that the villains from Karate Kid use.
-Shu, you're going to use the power again, okay? Quit running away.
-Oh great. Daryl's going to get redeemed. Look forward to that.
-The bad guys of the episode have really weak motives, but given that Scarface is backing them up and because they are quarantined, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
-Void evolution was the reason Gai could move last episode? Really? Weak!
-Ayase's problems are just boring. Next!
-Wow, that action scene was awesome! Hopefully, Ayase stays cheerful now.
-As usual, Inori has barely any screen time.
-Seriously, will that guy just die?

All in all, I liked this episode. I had my problems with it, of course, but there wasn't anything really bad about it (except for some of the dialogue in Ayase's scenes, those goddamn bullies, and the new convenient Void power-up). Plus, there's actually a developed relationship in the anime now. Finally!

Edit: The school festival stuff I just flat out ignored mentioning because I can't remember a thing that happened involving it. I'm sure some of the mentions I made above involve it, but I don't remember which.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2012-01-20 at 00:54.
Old 2012-01-19, 20:19   Link #30
miketyson

I liked this episode. Quick Q: anyone else see a "zombie Gai" in the new ED? THAT would be a hilariously awesome development.

I have a new theory about GC: I'd say there are "2 different GCs":

(1) There's "large-scale" GC, which (was) about the funeral parlor, giant apocalyptic conspiracies, international politics, and so on.

(2) There's the small-scale GC, which is about Shu, his classmates, and how their lives fit into the bigger GC world.

When the show focuses on only one of these at a time it's been *mostly* solid -- some missteps, sure, but mostly solid -- but when it's tried to blend them together it's been weak more often than not.

Now that Gai's dead the focus should mostly be on (2), which I think gives the second half a decent shot of being fairly solid start-to-end.
Old 2012-01-19, 20:39   Link #31
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
-Void evolution was the reason Gai could move last episode? Really? Weak!
I was actually expecting that to happen, given that they have been using words like "virus" and "genome" which can be linked to "mutation" that leads to "evolution".
Old 2012-01-19, 20:57   Link #32
magnuskn

Wow, production values took a huge hit with this episode. I guess they had to balance the budged after last week.

Not sure if I like where the story is going. The pace has become a bit haphazard and the show doesn't seem to know what to do with some of its characters. And, uh, the broadcast at the end literally came out of nowhere.
Old 2012-01-19, 22:33   Link #33
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Instantly liked the OP from the first full play-through, which makes it a much better song than My Dearest in my book (because it took me a few listens to warm up to that song). I also like the visuals better, too. ShuxInori was being put in our faces WAY too hard, though. That's annoying/kind of awkward. That and the fact that there wasn't enough Tsugumi and Ayase are my only complaints.

Bleh ED with even more bleh visuals. I will watch it to see if it shows something unique every episode, but I'll probably ignore the audio/mute it.
Old 2012-01-19, 23:09   Link #34
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

I like the new op but the ed was ok

Ayase void was just so cool
Old 2012-01-19, 23:14   Link #35
zero7090

Quote:
One quick question. Was that blonde hair boy that Tsugumi ran into Daryl? I couldn't tell.
yes that is the immortal Daryl

as expected OP/ED and music are still the only good things about this series.
rushed character development is too rushing. and wth with the scene main/ayase leaning against each other back? are they some kind of performer super heroes/sentai that they have to pose a cool stance after blow up the enemies?
Old 2012-01-19, 23:32   Link #36
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Isolation

I have to be sincere that Ayase became too specially nagging and vexxing with her stubborn stance on standing on her own literally with nobody's help.

I doubt that Gai would've want from her to stand up just because he was present, and then for her to remain recluse just because he's gone now.

On the other hand, Tsugumi truly made to adapt to school lifestyle with much enthusiasm and passion.

And, yes, Darryl Yan continues to bug me with his whining, so I don't know why the writers keep him on the plot.

Now to move things with the Voids...

Well, for starters, this time whenever Shu draws a Void the owner doesn't faint like it happened in the previous scenario. This was sort of a logic consistency issue that many fans pointed out in the previous episode when Shu drew Gai's Void outside, but the latter did not fall unconscious.
And, in this episode Shu explains to Yahiro that his powers have changed, but I do think it was just quite a convenient answer for the writers to pull that in order cover that inconsistency in very simplistic terms.

We don't know how exactly Shu's powers have changed. So let me get this straight, Shu changed with all and his memories back, hence, his powers changed as well so as to keep the owners of their Voids conscious even after he draws them out from their owners?

Maybe not a well thought-out conjecture I made, so I guess I could have missed a point in there. Or do I feel that reason asked above seems so petty.

But, we got ourselves some cool, Void action. And, now we have Ayase in hover-skates Void mode, and how come now she gets so suddenly along with Shu that they share a Sentai-esque frame on-screen back to back?

But, wasn't supposed that Shuichirou got permanently deleted, so to speak, by Daath after the Marriage's failure? Or he was just put out of the game?
Old 2012-01-19, 23:34   Link #37
king12354

Music and pretty pictures are the reasons why I am still watching, the story and the characters... not so much.
Old 2012-01-19, 23:35   Link #38
Beggar

It seemed like Shu and Ayase rehearsed their pose at the end of their fight.

All in all I liked the new episode I'm glad it wasn't as depressing as it could've been
Old 2012-01-19, 23:44   Link #39
dark998

Was not expecting the new OP to be THAT good. Visual and musically perfect and vastly superior to the previous one (which was excellent). Of course, Shu/Inori grabbing the spotlight like the one true pairing they are.

Episode itself was pretty ok, no time to take a breather as the next arc is already set in motion. Ayase's void was quite logical though not very useful by itself, another of those support types.

Even though their scenes were few, you can tell Shu and Inori are closer than before, so it is only a matter of time till the events in the OP become fully reflected onto the series. And yes, that means badass trenchcoat time.

Finally, new ED is not that good but the video has a little bit of Shu/Inori shipping (more!?) so yeah, I welcome it.
Old 2012-01-19, 23:53   Link #40
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

And here I was thinking this was going to be 12 episodes, but noooo they going to make it more than that. Yay!

I was pleasantly surprised, really, to find out that this anime is continuing. I look forward to what come in the following episodes.

The bloody hell that old dude is alive?