AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-01-27, 00:32   Link #21
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I get the feeling that Jinbei isn't going to make it past this arc and the new official crew mate will be Carrot. If he lost a large portion of his lifespan he will probably end up sacrificing himself for the SHs. That's more along the lines of his character than a normal crew member.
But that would defeat the purpose of the whole fishmen racisim thing, not having Jinbe on the crew wouldn't show that fishmen and humans are equal, they've got to have at least one fishmen on their crew.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-27, 04:11   Link #22
Clipens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
if that happened, then it makes sense on how Luffy could get away from Candy Island
Big Mom would gain her respect and trust toward Luffy that helped her, then letting him go away as her thanks
it would be funny if somehow Luffy could get away with the poneglyph which would put them back into hostile relationship again

I think we're nearing this arc climax now
all the main players already gathered on same stage
  1. Big Mom invited a lot a people for the wedding and probably will arrive also Lola and Absalom.
  2. Luffy is summoning a lot of people with his vivre card
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 01:37   Link #23
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Dammit, Sanji still has too much pride to go back. Kidnap him already.
Old 2017-01-28, 12:17   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's not about pride. He's just scared of what would happen if he left. Even if his family isn't a problem anymore, Big Mom is. She threatened him a few chapters ago.
Old 2017-01-29, 13:20   Link #25
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
But that would defeat the purpose of the whole fishmen racisim thing, not having Jinbe on the crew wouldn't show that fishmen and humans are equal, they've got to have at least one fishmen on their crew.
I think that if he were to die, he would still be considered a member of the SH crew.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 17:10   Link #26
necrolyte

^I agree with you that Jinbe may try to sacrifice himself to protect Luffy but I think he won't let anyone else die again for him. Probably by the end of the arc everyone's stolen lifespan will be returned by Luffy just because he is this kind of guy Atleast this is the way I can see it ending.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 21:23   Link #27
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
^I agree with you that Jinbe may try to sacrifice himself to protect Luffy but I think he won't let anyone else die again for him. Probably by the end of the arc everyone's stolen lifespan will be returned by Luffy just because he is this kind of guy Atleast this is the way I can see it ending.
Or maybe like Moria where the shadows are returned to where they belong that many of them are lurk in the shades or shadows for many years. Still, i prefer that way though rather than goes to Luffy.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-30, 03:52   Link #28
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
That's true. I can see that happening as well. This arc is either going to have a happy ending or a dark one. I lean toward a darker one because we are now dealing with Emperors so I think Oda will want to show just how powerful and ruthless the strongest pirates can get.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-31, 00:26   Link #29
ashofaphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
I have a feeling that Pudding has been playing Big Mom. Big Mom thinks that Pudding's power hasn't fully awakened yet, but I suspect that it *has* awoken, and that for whatever reason, Pudding is about to try to take advantage of the current situation to put her own plans in motion. Big Mom may be strong, but I think Pudding knows all of her strengths and weaknesses, and Big Mom trusts her...
I read an interesting comment on another site, that suggested that Pudding may have used her memory altering powers on Big Mom and that Big Mom isn't actually evil.

This theory made some sense to me.

1. Lola clearly thought Big Mom wouldn't be antagonist when she gave the SH's Big Mo's Vivre Card. She was trapped on the island for years.

2. BIg Mom's nature seems to be surprisingly childish. She comes across more like Luffy are Shanks. She likes collecting things, eating sweets and has a child like temper. She acts like a kid.

Her plans however are very meticulous and well thought out. It would make more sense Pudding was the real master mind.
ashofaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-31, 03:51   Link #30
Kaz_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So disappointed that Big Mom beat Brooke off-screen. It was obvious he never stood a chance of beating her, but I was at least hoping for him to put up a fight.

Mark my words, after Brook pulling such badass scene back there, Im sure he somehow "neutralized" Big Mom's hat+clouds weapons (Or crippled her in some way) so that Luffy can take her down 1vs1.
Its always like that in One Piece, and I believe Brook is a man of planning rather than just mindless bravado.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote