The compilation was a special episode, not part of the series
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 20:30   Link #22
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
The compilation was a special episode, not part of the series
Uhm, yeah....lol I pretty much said so in my previous post....unless I said it in some weird way

Need a Ruri-chan resin kit.... Or I can make my own now that I received my sculpting materials today...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 20:34   Link #23
Greenish Growth

Ah...okay. That's good.

That would have been bad if there was only one episode left.

I'm kind of used to having semi-cliffhangers as second to last episodes for ren'ai game anime. If this show would have gone BLAH...the end, that would have annoyed me.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 20:35   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth
Every English site I see lists To Heart 2 as being thirteen episodes long. I'm disappointed that the apparent second to last episode is a compliation episode. EDIT: The compliation episode doesn't count right? So there's still two episodes left? ?(^_^)?
See mangatron's post a few posts ago:
Quote:
Special Compilation: Yesterday [=December 19]
Episode 12: December 26
Episode 13: January 02
So there's the compilation, which sounds as if it's pretty good, and two more episodes.
EDIT: Clearly I took too long to compose my post, since there are three new ones between it and the one it replied to, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 20:39   Link #25
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Uhm, yeah....lol I pretty much said so in my previous post....unless I said it in some weird way
I know, I was merely re-iterating the point
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 20:41   Link #26
mangatron

By the way I'd like to read what everyone has to say about episode 4, now that the sub is released. My main points of conversation is your takes on the character, Tonami Yuma, also your input on the pacing of the ep, and the overall enjoyment as well. I intend to use your responses for research purposes.

Ah, as someone mentioned, I do note the similarities to To Heart, character episodes first, then the HMX's last. Although I wonder if To Heart 2 will follow the latter part...

And don't worry Radiosity, I was just wondering if I said it in a confusing way lol
Old 2005-12-21, 03:52   Link #27
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

I was never a fan of rival/competitive type characters and probably never will be ^^;; Yuma reminds me of Shiho from the original To Heart (I never liked her VA...) Though Yuma is more likable, especially when she gets angry, it does get a bit tiring in the long run to have her say the same line over again.

Note that this opinion is from someone who have yet to finish her route in game... I plan to do so after I finish Sasara so my opinion may change sometime in the next few days~ ^^

ToHeart2 didn't really focus on the maid robots as much as To Heart (and the unimpressive sequel RMM) So I doubt they'll put more screentime on Ilfya in the last two episodes. Imo, it'll probably focus on Konomi.
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 04:46   Link #28
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
I was never a fan of rival/competitive type characters and probably never will be ^^;; Yuma reminds me of Shiho from the original To Heart (I never liked her VA...) Though Yuma is more likable, especially when she gets angry, it does get a bit tiring in the long run to have her say the same line over again.

Note that this opinion is from someone who have yet to finish her route in game... I plan to do so after I finish Sasara so my opinion may change sometime in the next few days~ ^^

ToHeart2 didn't really focus on the maid robots as much as To Heart (and the unimpressive sequel RMM) So I doubt they'll put more screentime on Ilfya in the last two episodes. Imo, it'll probably focus on Konomi.
I see what you mean about Yuma, I'll say this one thing I said about Nemu from DC: "Jealousy/Anger is her cute side" Oh, I'd like to note I enjoy it when I see an anime girl point fingers...maybe because I've never had a girl point fingers at me in real life rofl

Although I did want more HMX action after watching the preview in that compilation special I noticed 90% Konomi with her friends in there a bit. Now there's something I also like: more Konomi action
Old 2005-12-21, 10:56   Link #29
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

This series seems interesting... /me downloads.

No sleep for me tonight
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 19:31   Link #30
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Hmm.....

After watching four episodes I have to say that Tama-nee in episode 2
is so over the top aggressive the entire episode she reminds me someone
I used to date. Watch out anyone in her path!

An interesting story, I'm curious as to how they're going to present the
story and wrap it in 13 episodes. The first four are obviously character
development.
aliensporebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 22:16   Link #31
Greenish Growth

I don't mind Yuma so much. The stuff she goes through in episode four I find rather amusing.

Ruri on the other hand, kind of wears me down after awhile. If anyone bothers me somewhat, it's Ruri. She's so wound up and uptight. My amusement level with her is not high enough to offset how I feel about how she's acting.
Old 2005-12-22, 00:34   Link #32
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
By the way I'd like to read what everyone has to say about episode 4, now that the sub is released. My main points of conversation is your takes on the character, Tonami Yuma, also your input on the pacing of the ep, and the overall enjoyment as well. I intend to use your responses for research purposes.
I liked ep 4--this was the first time I've seen Yuma, since I've never played the game, and she's an interesting character. Although she takes the whole challenge thing a little far--she runs over Takaki with her bicycle and comes to the conclusion he's got it in for her? And her grandfather showing up at school is some plot of Takaki's too? She's giving him WAY too much credit...

But I liked how Yuma is ojou-sama filthy rich but doesn't act like an ojou-sama at all. Instead, she seems pretty down to earth and acts like a normal student, taking her bike to school and getting annoyed when her grandfather sends a car to get her, probably because it makes her stand out. The scenes with Yuma and Komaki were good too, it's nice to see the interactions between the girls too, instead of everything just revolving around the protagonist.

It's too bad this is probably the last episode where Yuma will get a lot of screentime, although I'm looking forward to Ruuko
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 00:53   Link #33
DanielSong39

Any thoughts on how this show will end?

Takaki, please, PLEASE marry Tama-nee...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 01:10   Link #34
Greenish Growth

For a show like Shuffle! it was fun to try to guess how it would end, but for To Heart 2 where it seems much more obvious I think some fun would be taken away if we had game player speculation on this. They'd probaby end up guessing too accurately. :P

It would be fun to hear non-gamers and non-ren'ai game anime watchers speculate on the ending, but then I bet someone with "pattern recognition" would break in and spoil the fun.
Old 2005-12-22, 01:41   Link #35
battleengine

so what really did they said in the last part of ep 11?
battleengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 02:11   Link #36
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth
For a show like Shuffle! it was fun to try to guess how it would end, but for To Heart 2 where it seems much more obvious I think some fun would be taken away if we had game player speculation on this. They'd probaby end up guessing too accurately. :P

It would be fun to hear non-gamers and non-ren'ai game anime watchers speculate on the ending, but then I bet someone with "pattern recognition" would break in and spoil the fun.
Nah, the story in the anime is already too different with that of the game in the first place, so speculation is wide open. Plus considering this is really a simple anime to watch, I think one can already recognize a pattern whether one played the game or not.

battleengine:
Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Old 2005-12-22, 02:12   Link #37
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Mah~ the anime doesn't actually follow the game scene by scene. There are many parts that were changed to fit into the anime timeline and for convenience sake. For example, Tamaki's "suki suki" battle plan to win Takaki's heart began with her luring Takaki over using a Yuji's taped over voice (classically hilarious ^^)

That said, the ending isn't easily predictable, even for those who have played ToHeart 2 ^^;;
Old 2005-12-22, 02:58   Link #38
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Mah~ the anime doesn't actually follow the game scene by scene. There are many parts that were changed to fit into the anime timeline and for convenience sake. For example, Tamaki's "suki suki" battle plan to win Takaki's heart began with her luring Takaki over using a Yuji's taped over voice (classically hilarious ^^)

That said, the ending isn't easily predictable, even for those who have played ToHeart 2 ^^;;
Who cares? It's not like the anime definitely has to be a direct adaptation from the game completely, even if it does miss out some interesting parts.

Episode 4: Another character development episode alright. Interesting how the girl who thinks Takaki challenges her is so scared of horror movies. ^^'''
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 00:29   Link #39
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

I think there was a misunderstanding ^^; I was just noting that because the anime doesn't follow the game script, it's pretty much anyone's guess at how the series will end~ However, you're right though, the anime has it's unique merits and should be appreciated for what it is.

It' still sad though to see the series ending @ 13 episodes. Even with the low production value, the anime could have had more potential. In the end, it just becomes a marketing campaign to popularize the PC release of To Heart 2... ;_; *sigh*
Old 2005-12-23, 00:40   Link #40
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
It' still sad though to see the series ending @ 13 episodes. Even with the low production value, the anime could have had more potential. In the end, it just becomes a marketing campaign to popularize the PC release of To Heart 2... ;_; *sigh*
Hmph. At least it got animated, unlike many other great games.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquaplus, bishoujo, leaf, olm, romance, school life, slice of life