Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-08, 18:34   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
This episode had one major flaw: not enough Kanna.
I'm willing to forgive episode 1 for that sin. But they better make up for it! At least we still got to enjoy little things like Kanna scooting into the booth at the maid cafe and enjoying her meal .
Old 2021-07-09, 15:43   Link #22
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm willing to forgive episode 1 for that sin. But they better make up for it! At least we still got to enjoy little things like Kanna scooting into the booth at the maid cafe and enjoying her meal .
To begin with, another Mini Dora short (those Dragon Maid shorts that came out last season to build up S) just came out today, with it being a Kanna-based short.

Also, I'm pretty sure we'll be getting plenty of decent Kanna moments in the next few episodes if my hunch is correct of what the one after next week's episode is going to be about.
Old 2021-07-10, 21:04   Link #23
Alchemist007
*Author

Nice to see the goofy characters and good animation back.
Old 2021-07-14, 13:54   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

So far so good. Ilulu is developing into a really solid character. Her backstory is straight forward and she's developing in a good direction. Heck she manages to even make her approaches toward Kobayashi fairly...almost relaxing in a sense. Not as over the top about things as Tohru which works as a nice contrast.

It was definitely fun seeing Tohru drop in and wreck that guy. Unlike her father this guy wasn't remotely a threat to Tohru so it could be wrapped up pretty fast. Wiping his memory, breaking a horn, sending him back, but also making sure he suffered a bit before the memory wipe. Not that I don't get why the guy showed up after Ilulu. At least until he basically treated the rules of his faction like a guideline that could be discarded whenever he pleased. But for that reason there's no problem with Tohru taking the fight right back to him. The guy isn't Elma who does respect the rules...but is willing to break them when bribed . Ok so maybe they aren't that far apart...

Again, not enough Kanna. But at least she did have a few cute moments here and there.
Old 2021-07-14, 16:08   Link #25
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Again, not enough Kanna. But at least she did have a few cute moments here and there.
This episode is more about setting up Ilulu's role as the third dragon in the Kobayashi household, so it's obvious most of the focus will be towards the new dragon.

While on the subject of Kanna, anyone else notice the nod to her spin-off manga in the episode?
Old 2021-07-14, 18:42   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-14, 18:51   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ilulu is a good girl. She basically ended up in the Chaos faction because the people/dragons around her were, when all she wanted was to be friends with humans.

Kobayashi didn't turn into a futa and was apparently straight up turned into a guy, but because of the joke she looks like one, her outward appearance didn't change. Tohru picked up on it and attempted to drug and rape her. A friendly anime for the whole family. Oddly enough, Kobayashi was turned on by Tohru wearing a towel earlier in the episode but a naked Tohru turned her off. I guess the spell had already worn off.
Old 2021-07-14, 20:47   Link #28
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Kobayashi really got some strong willpower with her maid obsession in all

Ilulu really just wants to be friends with everyone then fight
Old 2021-07-15, 01:21   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ilulu is a good girl. She basically ended up in the Chaos faction because the people/dragons around her were, when all she wanted was to be friends with humans.

Kobayashi didn't turn into a futa and was apparently straight up turned into a guy, but because of the joke she looks like one, her outward appearance didn't change. Tohru picked up on it and attempted to drug and rape her. A friendly anime for the whole family. Oddly enough, Kobayashi was turned on by Tohru wearing a towel earlier in the episode but a naked Tohru turned her off. I guess the spell had already worn off.
I guess the logic was that Tohru taking off the maid outfit offended Kobayashi so deeply that lust took a back seat. Even though it still ends up at about the same end point, the process of seeing the maid outfit come off was too much to take. I don't really buy it of course, but I guess that's what they were going for.

Sad situation for Ilulu. She had actually gone and made some friends. But things went bad and she was left surrounded by angry dragons. Heck she not only lost her friends (who maybe died in all the conflict) but her parents too. Although it isn't as if we've seen a lot of great dragon parenting.
Old 2021-07-15, 16:13   Link #30
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
Spoiler for ep. 2:

Quote:
I guess the logic was that Tohru taking off the maid outfit offended Kobayashi so deeply that lust took a back seat. Even though it still ends up at about the same end point, the process of seeing the maid outfit come off was too much to take. I don't really buy it of course, but I guess that's what they were going for.
Another thing to consider: like the original love potion scenario, Tohru made the big mistake of adding liquor to the mix (the original had her using chocolate that contained alcohol; this plan involving offering sake while making her eat food laced with the love potion). As past experiences have shown, Kobayashi's maid obsession tends to be at its peak whenever she consumes alcohol, with her ideals of what a maid should be like overshadowing any possible lust of seeing Tohru naked.

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2021-07-27 at 15:34.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 20:51   Link #31
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

A lot of cursed things in this episode: Ilulu's "ball of tiny hands" and the idea that one's donger shrinking is a good thing.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-19, 08:43   Link #32
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-21, 13:39   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Finally the Kanna episode that the world needed!

This really did have a completely packed amount of moments for Kanna and Saikawa. A good chance for them to bond with Ilulu as well. While Lucoa is really terrible at handling things with Shouta she is pretty good at handling things with everyone else. It was also a good thing to not just have Kobayashi help settle the internal struggle that Ilulu was having with herself. Spreading that out a bit and expanding her circle of friends is a good thing. Although it is completely believable how Lucoa could have messed with time itself if Ilulu wanted to change her actions. But it also makes sense that she turned it down. Changing her mistakes would change the good that came afterwards.

I suppose Saikawa's intense attraction for Kanna would be a way to settle things . She's certainly just living her life to the fullest and Ilulu might as well do the same. Even if Ilulu isn't exactly a kid anymore she can reset things to a degree and start over.

Also I give congrats to Ilulu for taking her time and mastering the human hand. Looking a lot better there .
Old 2021-07-21, 18:41   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ilulu is turning out to be a very likable character. Glad she got to play with humans, thanks to Lucoa giving her a hand and also Saikawa being really...huh, Saikawa.

Shouta really showed a different side of him in that game of Monopoly.
Old 2021-07-21, 20:47   Link #35
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its good to see Saikawa freaking out every time she around Kanna

Quetzalcoatl knowing how to break the ice with Ilulu to make her open up
Old 2021-07-24, 09:44   Link #36
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 1:

enjoyable first episode. Even if it's only for a short time, seeing Tohru try a new maid uniform is refreshing. I mean her old maid Cafe Cozy uniform is classic, but the new one with shorter skirt is good too. I was laughing all too much at the first half.

got serious in the second half. Ilulu almost got the entire town blown up by Tohru. Quick thinking by Kobayashi saved the day.

and laslly. got another laugh when Faf-kun got temp banned in the game.
Old 2021-07-27, 09:43   Link #37
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 2:

always the wrong decision to hurt Kobayashi when Tohru is there.

glad that Ilulu try to become friend with a human again.
Old 2021-07-28, 08:45   Link #38
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 3:

Ilulu and Kanna traumatized by Tohru with that "idol craze".. lol
Old 2021-07-28, 18:42   Link #39
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So much jiggle in this episode

Elma can now do real work, and immediately expressed concern for Kobayashi when she found out how much she's been shouldering. There was a bit of misunderstanding involved, but it still shows she cares a lot about her.

Tohru looked absolutely gorgeous in casual clothes. She always looks pretty, but her default maid outfit is just too plain. Kobayashi herself doesn't like it much, she should just find her a new one already.
Old 2021-07-28, 20:41   Link #40
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Georgie really is a good maid got some good pictures of Kanna & Ilulu & Riko and help them out in secret

Fafnir really has taken to the otaku life style

Tags
dragons, slice of life