AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-07, 14:40   Link #21
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForteAnly View Post
Popularity doesn't always mean the series is good. The same thing could be said about some artist that sell a lot with certain CD's or songs but that does not mean they are good and well received by everyone. Take Dragon Ball Z for example it was an extremely popular series and sold well like One Piece but that did not mean the series was perfect without flaws. For me One Piece annoys me with the recycling of their arc formula. Which is usually adventure arc followed by a rescue arc. I don't think One Piece is bad series and I still read it but despite it's popularity it's far from a perfect series.
One piece has barely any true rescue arcs. It's had a grand total of 2. out of like how many arcs and 600+ chapters, don't pretend to judge something as routine when you haven't properly read it.

Anyway wanting One Piece to end now is retarded, just plain retarded. I'm not talking about quality wise which is subjective but the fact there's vast amount of things that need resolve far more than the vast majority of shounen manga's. If the manga ended next chapter it would make zero sense and not warp up anything. Even a hundred chapters would still leave a large amount of loose ends and vast amount of characters underdeveloped. It requires hundreds of chapters to properly wrap up the story currently. Hence why wanting it to end now is just plain stupid.

One piece is one of those rare manga's that was conceptualized and written long term. Oda has the vast majority of the story mapped out in his mind, considering how large the manga is and will be that's a massive feat. It's also deeply linked. oda can leave very subtle hints for things that will happen a decade later. And there's hundreds of these things. It's an epic in every sense of the word.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2011-08-07 at 17:30.
Old 2011-08-07, 15:35   Link #22
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
KniM needs 2 die
and Bleach
Surprised at how much i actually like Kumagawa box
Old 2011-08-07, 15:49   Link #23
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah MB got much better since the last arc or two, I feel it can still go on for a while without dropping in quality.
So, mangas I think need to end:
Defense Devil - the plot got wrapped up in ch.100, just call the protagonist missing/dead/gone and end it with his successors, taking it any further is just unnecessary.
Bleach - like others have mentioned, the end of Aizen should have been the end of bleach, it would have left mixed feelings but I'd most certainly remember it for the good parts.
Bakuman - I love this manga, but the story's been going in circles lately, the plot feels dry and there's little to no development when it comes to characters, only repetition of their traits, good and bad. Can't wait to see it end before it gets noticeably bad.
HSDK - The battles feel a lot less realistic than what they used to, and I've been feeling the end closing near ever since the first yami confrontation...talk about slow :P
Old 2011-08-07, 15:54   Link #24
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Defense Devil - the plot got wrapped up in ch.100, just call the protagonist missing/dead/gone and end it with his successors, taking it any further is just unnecessary.
Unless I'm mistaken I could have sworn chapter 100 was the last chapter.

Yep double checked the chapter, it says the series is over on the last page.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-08-07, 15:55   Link #25
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Well, Defense Devil did seem to end actually. Tho MR doesn't list it as completed, MF and MT say it's complete so I believe it has ended.

Quote:
Bakuman - I love this manga, but the story's been going in circles lately, the plot feels dry and there's little to no development when it comes to characters, only repetition of their traits, good and bad. Can't wait to see it end before it gets noticeably bad.
I hope it ends soon. I do like this manga as well, and I'd rather see it end when it's still going good. I think the latest arc with Niizuma ending Crow is an expression by the authors about their wishes
Old 2011-08-07, 16:59   Link #26
ForteAnly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
One piece has barely any true rescue arcs. It's had a grand total of 2. out of like how many arcs and 600+ chapters, don't pretend to judge something as routine when you haven't properly read it.

Anyway wanting One Piece to end now is retarded, just plain retarded. I'm not talking about quality wise which is subjective but the fact there's vast amount of things that need resolve far more than the vast majority of shounen manga's. If the manga ended next chapter it would make zero sense and not warp up anything. Even a hundred chapters would still leave a large amount of loose ends and vast amount of characters underdeveloped. It requires hundreds of chapters to properly wrap up the story currently. Hence why wanting it to end now is just plain stupid.

One piece is one of those rare manga's that was conceptualized and written long term. Oda has the vast majority of the story mapped out in his mind, considering how large the manga is and will be that's a massive feat. It's also deeply linked. oda can leave very subtle hints for things that will happen a decade later. And there's hundreds of these things. It's epic in every sense of the word.
I do apologize if I insulted the godly doctrine that is One Piece. Seriously, you need to relax. You make it seem like anyone who says anything bad about One Piece is an idiot. I understand your love for your series but come on anybody has a right to judge, criticize it, or give a opinion over the series. I like One Piece but if I see something I don't like regardless on how small or unimportant it might be I will comment on it. I am not even saying what some other people say like the series is garbage or anything like that. I for one would like it to end already because it's my pet peeve when series drag on for too long and I for one don't like arcs when you are always saving someone whether its a character or a group of people. That's just my personal interpretation of the series like it or not. Will it end right away no, like you said there is still a lot for Oda to do but if it would end in the next arc or sooner than expected I would be okay with it. You think it's some epic series that's fine but me who reads with a neutral standing does not think its that great. Its not a bad series I enjoy it but I am not going to say it's epic or perfect. That's just my personal evaluation of the series. There was a point when I thought One Piece was the most biggest thing in the world but my opinion on the series has changed over the years simple as that. Some people love it since the fist chapter they read it some like me tire of if from time to time. Everybody has their own interpretation when they read it you know. Anyways, this is the last thing I will mention about One Piece. I don't want to clutter the thread about how One Piece should go on forever. Since that is not the purpose of thread.

Last edited by ForteAnly; 2011-08-07 at 17:20.
Old 2011-08-07, 17:25   Link #27
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
I do apologize if I insulted the godly doctrine that is One Piece. Seriously, you need to relax. You make it seem like anyone who says anything bad about One Piece is an idiot. I understand your love for your series but come on anybody has a right to judge, criticize it, or give a opinion over the series. I like One Piece but if I see something I don't like regardless on how small or unimportant it might be I will comment on it. I am not even saying what some other people say like the series is garbage or anything like that. I for one would like it to end already because it's my pet peeve when series drag on for too long and I for one don't like arcs when you are always saving someone whether its a character or a group of people. That's just my personal interpretation of the series like it or not. Will it end right away no, like you said there is still a lot for Oda to do but if it would end in the next arc or sooner than expected I would be okay with it. You think it's some epic series that's fine but me who reads with a neutral standing does not think its that great. Its not a bad series I enjoy it but I am not going to say it's epic or perfect. That's just my personal evaluation of the series. There was a point when I thought One Piece was the most biggest thing in the world but my opinion on the series has changed over the years simple as that. Some people love it since the fist chapter they read it some like me tire of if from time to time. Everybody has their own interpretation when they read it you know. Anyways, this is the last thing I will mention about One Piece. I don't want to clutter the thread about how One Piece should go on forever. Since that is not the purpose of thread. If you want too go ahead.
Umm no if you actually read my post I didn't state those things because I particularily liked One or held it to such a high regard. I said it because it's like me stating I want whatever manga you reasonably like to end half way through with little to no plotlines resolved simply because I didn't like it. It's just stupid and short sighted for whatever story it's stated for.

The rest of the post is just totally uneeded for this thread. You blew my statement amount One piece not having many rescue arcs way out of proportion. It's pointless. I didn't make my post to argue about whether One piece is good or not.

Also btw I meant the phrase an epic in it's traditional sense story wise as in a long large scale story with dozens of characters(which in actuality has nothing to do with said stories quality just it's scale). Which One piece is factually, I did not mean it in it's more modern context of amazingly awesome or whatever. Thought I should just clear that up.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2011-08-07 at 17:38.
Old 2011-08-07, 18:13   Link #28
ForteAnly

Look. I apologize if I overreacted. Let me clarify my point as well. Obviously, One Piece cannot end at this very moment since it would not make sense and leave many things unanswered. I did not mean a series should end right in the middle of an arc just because I want it to end. But, the thing I get tired of in regards to One Piece are the many rescue/saving arcs the series has. You mentioned that One Piece has 2 arcs in which they are dedicated to rescuing someone. Even if the series is over 600 pages long some of those rescue and saving arcs span across several chapters/pages. The rescue arcs I think of are the Nami, Nico, and Ace arcs which are dedicated rescue arcs. Then there is the saving arcs which include Alabasta and Fishman Island where Luffy and company have to save the princess from the overtaking of their respective kingdom. I for one don't like that aspect of repeating similar arc themes in the series even if the location and characters are different. One Piece is not the only series where this happens. A lot of other shonen's do it but I want a arc where its pure adventure without the hook of saving or rescuing someone. This might seem dumb, ridiculous or not a fair assessment of the seres but that's what I think.
Old 2011-08-07, 18:48   Link #29
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Look. I apologize if I overreacted. Let me clarify my point as well. Obviously, One Piece cannot end at this very moment since it would not make sense and leave many things unanswered. I did not mean a series should end right in the middle of an arc just because I want it to end. But, the thing I get tired of in regards to One Piece are the many rescue/saving arcs the series has. You mentioned that One Piece has 2 arcs in which they are dedicated to rescuing someone. Even if the series is over 600 pages long some of those rescue and saving arcs span across several chapters/pages. The rescue arcs I think of are the Nami, Nico, and Ace arcs which are dedicated rescue arcs. Then there is the saving arcs which include Alabasta and Fishman Island where Luffy and company have to save the princess from the overtaking of their respective kingdom. I for one don't like that aspect of repeating similar arc themes in the series even if the location and characters are different. One Piece is not the only series where this happens. A lot of other shonen's do it but I want a arc where its pure adventure without the hook of saving or rescuing someone. This might seem dumb, ridiculous or not a fair assessment of the seres but that's what I think.
I understand your point although Arlong park wasn't a rescue arc, (Nami was always safe and never needed saving, the towns people people however were in danger so it's actually a town save arc). It's a perfectly reasonable and valid criticsm although I would say One Piece is like that for a reason. It's a very long story and so inorder to make it easier to pick up the arcs were designed to be generaly self contained although generally with heavy links between them. Now one piece is 600 chapter and is said to be roughlyhalf way through. It'd be damn near impossible to have as many generally self contained arcs as One piece will have and have no repetition at all. Th

Of course whether One piece needs to be as long as it is and have as many arcs as it does is up to anyones personal persception. I will however say Oda generally makes a good amount of use of his characters in these arcs and will generally have at least some role later on in the story often a major role. So you could argue that many of these arcs will be extremely important to the plot and that most have been so far.

Anyway we're getting off topic but a decent discussion none the less.
Old 2011-08-08, 12:44   Link #30
Dark Wing

Berserk...Oh God This series has gone on for over 20 YEARS! and we still haven't gotten to that damn elf/fairy kingdom yet.
Old 2011-08-08, 13:40   Link #31
Freeter
beyond

Throwing my hat in for Bakuman after the latest chapter failed to impress. Seems like the well's run dry on that one. Wouldn't mind a Hiramaru spinoff though.

Quote:
Berserk...Oh God This series has gone on for over 20 YEARS! and we still haven't gotten to that damn elf/fairy kingdom yet.
It'll take another 20 if Miura keeps getting sidetracked with Idolmaster
Old 2011-08-08, 16:56   Link #32
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Case Closed doesn't need to end. What you guys call plot is just the special/movie plot (it's more of subplot then anything). The actual plot are all the short story arcs; that's what all the fans give a damn about. Yeah yeah, the black organization is all exciting every now and then but it's still the mysteries and characters that do all the heavy lifting.

Bleach is lame, and has been lame for a while. It should have just ended, or at least time skipped to the future and some new story.

Naruto is fine, it has smooth plot and everything makes sense overall, so who can complain. The only crappy part about it are all the power level shenanigans, but pretty much every manga in history had the same problem so not much fault there.

One Piece is fine.

Berserk, maybe.
Old 2011-08-09, 10:52   Link #33
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Meitantei Conan -
Too much filler created for happy ending for all casts.
At least, Aoyama-sensei should try to make a scheduled important arc.

One Piece -
I'm tired seeing how a lot of characters come with a lot of terms come.
I'm starting OP because the adventure theme is interesting and free,

Now it comes a lot of terms, rebellion plot, government plot, etc.
Is it really hard to come with a simple terms but comes with a deep development ?
Sorry for OP fans.

Bleach -
Too much trolling after defeating Aizen.
Sorry for Bleach fans

HunterXHunter -
The development starts to be going into an unresponsible development.
I'd much more prefer Hunter Exam arc and Gen'ei Ryodan arc better than the current arc.
Old 2011-08-09, 11:04   Link #34
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Bleach -
Too much trolling after defeating Aizen.
Sorry for Bleach fans
After defeating Aizen? I'd say the trolling has been on since half way though the SS arc.
Old 2011-08-09, 11:38   Link #35
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
After defeating Aizen? I'd say the trolling has been on since half way though the SS arc.
Well, that's quite true.

As for me, it compensated by Ulquiorra and Grimmjaww appeareance later.
Old 2011-08-10, 01:15   Link #36
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Medaka Box. That thing's outliving its life.
Old 2011-08-18, 20:47   Link #37
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Medaka Box. That thing's outliving its life.
Agreed. I still wonder why Medaka Box keep on living besides fans want it to.

I still defending why Detective Conan need to end. One reason that really bugs me that Ran had many chances to discover that Conan's true identity but it never pursued.
Old 2011-08-19, 01:09   Link #38
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
I still defending why Detective Conan need to end. One reason that really bugs me that Ran had many chances to discover that Conan's true identity but it never pursued.
She discovered a few times but then got tricked into thinking it's actually not him.
Old 2011-08-19, 02:08   Link #39
watatatow
pottery shop vandal

Berserk has no need for an ending at the moment, just a faster and more consistent release pace.
Old 2011-08-19, 07:31   Link #40
Riltz
⌂ Vulcan 300 ⌂

I see no one mentioned Pastel in this thread so....Pastel!!
Closed Thread