Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-02-24, 22:56   Link #21
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
I got a better solution......lets just animate Astray.......
Astray gets too far-fetched and super-robot sometimes. I'd prefer this "Gundam Seed 0073: Stargaze Memory" or whatever to be something like the UC OVAs... New creative team, more realism, new characters & storyline, better MS designs, excellent animation (and hopefully it retcons some of the stuff in Destiny--like the UC ones tend to do... Only this time, the illogical and crappy stuff). I hope its not too unrealistic to ask...
Old 2006-02-24, 23:03   Link #22
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan
Apocalypse 0079 is the title for the second half of MS Igloo. That's still coming out, I think on 4/26 is when its supposed to. This is something completely different.

Well I know MS Igloo was already out when there was another rumor out by Gunota (Damn hacker I can't pull up the old thread) that they talked to somebody in Gundam who said "UC fans expect a UC-ish series coming..." Now if Igloo was already out at that time (ep 1 was already out and production on the rest had to be taking place) I assumed they were talking about a new limited-series (I hope to God it was a full 50-ep series)...

@brightman- Don't tease me...Is a new production team coming in for any of the aforementioned??
Old 2006-02-24, 23:05   Link #23
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Well I know MS Igloo was already out when there was another rumor out by Gunota (Damn hacker I can't pull up the old thread) that they talked to somebody in Gundam who said "UC fans expect a UC-ish series coming..." Now if Igloo was already out at that time (ep 1 was already out and production on the rest had to be taking place) I assumed they were talking about a limited-series (I hope to God it was a full 50-ep series)...
Well, MS Igloo is actually TWO different series (well... At least they have two titles)

MS Igloo: The Hidden One Year War is a Bandai Museum feature released in 2004 while MS Igloo: Apocalypse 0079 is an OVA to be released starting in April.

And of course, Bandai/Sunrise people have been talking about a series targeted at UC fans ever since the original Seed was airing, so as far as we know plans can change over time. And since we also know that the "3rd Seed project" was only "OK'd" in the past few months, it seems quite obvious that plans HAVE changed (unless they really WERE referring to Apocalypse 0079)

Anyway, an announcement for the UC show (a TV show?) is not out of the question in the near future, though I don't see them releasing the MS Igloo OVAs, the Seed OVA and a third UC-related series at the same time.

Quote:
@brightman...Don't tease me...Is a new production team coming in for any of the aforemetioned??
We can only hope... XD

Destiny SE is confirmed to be a Fukuda/Morosawa work though...
Old 2006-02-24, 23:19   Link #24
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
(unless they really WERE referring to Apocalypse 0079)
Which wouldn't suck, but I don't think a CG-series with no GUNDAMS was what UC fans are looking for...
Old 2006-02-24, 23:20   Link #25
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Which wouldn't suck, but I don't think a CG-series with no GUNDAMS was what UC fans are looking for...
Hmm... Who knows. We always see UC fans complain about *too much* Gundams...

Besides, the Gundam shows up in MS Igloo... For a few seconds... As seen from a recording...
Old 2006-02-25, 01:36   Link #26
Bleed Kaga
Basketball Star

Since this OVA seems to take place in the same timeline as GSD, I think (and hope) it will be something similar to the 08th MS team with entirely new characters.

I mean, GSD basically already covered everything that happened to all the important characters, it's hard to imagine having an OVA focusing on any of them (unless it's about the time when Lacus went to Plant and never got there etc etc ... which sounds really lame).

I wouldn't really mind if it's about Yzak / Dearka / Shiho though.
Bleed Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 01:40   Link #27
tetsuo69

i somehow get a feeling that the OVA will be only 2-5 min Rofl
Old 2006-02-25, 07:32   Link #28
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Actually most UC fans love it, you'll find UC fans actually complain about TOO many Gundams. I'm more an AU person but I loved the series to pieces simply because there wasn't a Gundam in sight.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Astray gets too far-fetched and super-robot sometimes.
............and what does that make S-Destiny? Gaogaigar King of Braves?
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 00:09   Link #29
Strike Mk.II

Seed Destiny SE really does turn out to be a 4 parter, that can be a great thing, depending on how well the extra time is used. Seed SE seemed really rushed when I first watched it and certain scenes were altered when they shouldnt have been.
Im not expecting much from the Seed Destiny SE, but Im hoping that at least there would be some consistency and better focus on the new cast. Id like to see a gradual development in the skills of the Minerva Pilots, and a better relationship between Athrun and the Minerva Trio, in particular Shinn. Even a having some kind of small timeskip would suffice in explaining the jump in skills and the strong bond between Athrun and Shinn, before the final incident between Orb and Minerva at the ocean. I would like to see the old cast being portrayed a little better too instead of being portrayed as idiots sometimes as they were in the series, though that might be a bit too much for them to do.
I also would like there to be a twist in the whole "Neo/Mwu" thing, they could always in the future make it out that Neo actually is a clone or something, mistakes such as Neo being assumed as the real Mwu can happen.
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 07:38   Link #30
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Seems that theres now a tentative name for the series......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime News Network
Gundam Seed OAV and Gundam Seed Destiny Special EditionThe first of four volumes in a "special edition" of Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny will be released in Japan on May 26. Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Special Edition: The Broken World, will compile the Gundam Seed Destiny TV series into four 90-minute volumes (The original series runs over 1000 minutes). Each disc will retail for 5,040 yen and will carry numerous extras such as "Destiny Collection Phase-01 Still Image Collection."

Bandai Visual's Japanese website for the special edition is here.

A sales solicitation for the upcoming Japanese Gundam Seed Destiny Special Edition DVD release includes the following statement, "The Seed boom heats up! OVA 'Mobile Suit Gundam Seed C.E. 73 Stargazer (tentative title)' currently being planned!." No further details about the OAV have been released.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 08:23   Link #31
Strike Mk.II

The Title "Stargazer" sounds really awsome, even though its gonna be an OAV I think it'll sell pretty well considering how well the Destiny DVDs were sold.
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 09:18   Link #32
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
@brightman - Nothing in the Cosmic Era is ever referred to with a double zero before the date... quit trying to make it UC :P

Quote:
MS Igloo: The Hidden One Year War is a Bandai Museum feature released in 2004 while MS Igloo: Apocalypse 0079 is an OVA to be released starting in April.
Actually, which they are trying to play it off as two seperate OVAs, it is still just a single OVA with two arcs...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 09:32   Link #33
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
@brightman - Nothing in the Cosmic Era is ever referred to with a double zero before the date... quit trying to make it UC :P
Its a joke *_* Of course its not called "Gundam Seed 0073: Stargaze Memory"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
............and what does that make S-Destiny? Gaogaigar King of Braves?
Well, I'd say that Astray surpasses Destiny in terms of super-robotness, actually. The whole character of Lowe, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
they are trying to play it off as two seperate OVAs
Really? On all the official pages, I've seen them refer to "The Hidden One Year War" as "movies".

Anyway, yeah, they are the same story, but Sunrise doesn't seem consider them such.
Old 2006-02-26, 10:01   Link #34
MrNotalk

hmm "Stargazer"....... stars? looking? someone looking at stars??

Who do I know that looks at stars??? I know, a boy with brown hair that sit on a chair and looks at the stars and ocean. ^_^

anyone thinking what I'm thinking?

So will this OAV take place between SEED and SEED Destiny? or will it be inside Seed Destiny? or after Seed Destiny? Mostly likey starts a bit from Seed Destiny and then continues afterward.

In Seed we have ZAFT steals Gundam.
In Seed Destiny we have EAF Steals Gundams
So perhaps this OVA will be about ORB and their Gundams.

That would be pretty good right, a new recrute, fill with hopes and dreams, joins the Orb military and then something happen.
MrNotalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 10:13   Link #35
avangion

Can someone translate this...? http://item.rakuten.co.jp/ais-tuhan/bcba-2515/

ファン待望!21世紀空前の大ヒット作「SEED DESTINY」がスペシャルエディションで登場!!

<誰もが止まれない時の中で、己の目指す世界へ進んでいく・・・。>

コズミック・イラ70・・・。「血のバレンタイン」の悲劇によって本格的武力衝突へと発展したザフト・地球 連合の戦いは熾烈を極め、多大な犠牲を払いながら第二次ヤキン・ドゥーエ攻防戦ののちに停戦条約が締結され た。しかしこの停戦条約によってナチュラルとコーディネイターの争いの火種が消えたわけではな かった。
その戦乱の中、シン・アスカは地球連合軍のオーブ侵攻に巻き込まれ、戦火を逃れる最中に目前で両親と妹を失 う。唯一の形見、妹の携帯電話を握り締め悲しみにくれる中、頭上をこの戦争の元凶である「モビルスーツ」が 飛び去っていく。失意のうちにオーブを去ったシンは、プラントへと渡る。
そしてコズミック・イラ73、シンはザフトの戦士となっていた・・・。
avangion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 10:35   Link #36
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Really? On all the official pages, I've seen them refer to "The Hidden One Year War" as "movies".

Anyway, yeah, they are the same story, but Sunrise doesn't seem consider them such.
Site plays them off as movies while the Enterbrain book and the material from Gundam ACE says otherwise... XD

@avangion,

It is nothing new... just a preview/proto article for the series.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 12:45   Link #37
[DarkazurESky]

Quote:
DESTINY Special Edition release dates
Dates are surfacing on the web based on Animate:
#1 May 26, 2006 (as reported earlier)
#2 Aug 25, 2006
#3 Nov 24, 2006
#4 Feb 23, 2007
see http://aeug.blogspot.com/
why is this taking such long time? is this mean no seed iii?
[DarkazurESky] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 13:17   Link #38
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

If it´s taking place in C.E. 73 I wonder if it might be a prologue for a third SEED series?

@[DarkazurESky]
I think it´s been written on this forum earlier that an eventuall SEED III could start earliest at fall in 2007 because the timeslot is taken until then.

I like wishful thinking.

SWEDEN OLYMPIC CHAMPIONS IN ICE HOCKEY!!!!

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 18:49   Link #39
brightman
Ancient Member

Don't forget people, they've confirmed a third SEED work. They did NOT say it was a TV series, so they were probably referring to the Stargazer OVA and not another TV series.

Last edited by brightman; 2006-02-26 at 20:53.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 18:59   Link #40
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DarkazurESky]
see http://aeug.blogspot.com/
why is this taking such long time? is this mean no seed iii?
Hopefully it takes a long time because there's so much that needs to be done to assure a certain level of quality in the finished product.

Woo, first post in a month. Been real busy :O.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote