AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-08, 18:41   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Plenty of great moments in the second episode as well. Focused mostly on Sakura, the eternal third wheel in every one of her relationships with people. I think I liked her a lot in the first season because she reminded me of Anri Sonohara with the haircut, glasses, and big boobs. She's pretty much her with green hair.

Guess next week will be the sports festival. Looking forward to it.
Old 2023-07-15, 12:02   Link #22
Frontier

It's time for Sports Day at Katagiri High! And Sengoku is as hyped about it as you'd expect. But at least we've got Hori and Miyamura spurring each other on !

Is that Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as that green-haired teacher !?

Hori vs Remi! And Remi knows who to throw Hori off her game by making it sound like she'll steal Miyamura, especially when Remi's actually surprisingly athletic. Though Hori outright kicking a hurdle in frustration was pretty awesome in its own right. If only Miyamura had cheered for her earlier, she probably would've won and avoided smug Remi !

Sawada! Probably not the most athletic or strong girl in a Sports Day contest, but as long as she's got her beloved Hori-senpai (despite being on an opposite team) and even begrudgingly Miyamura cheering her on, she can get through this! Though she still doesn't win .

"Come on, everyone!" Hori and the East girls delivering a Cheer Performance for all the ladies in the audience! While Remi and Sakura deliver the cuteness as classic cheerleaders for the guys !

The irony that Sakura is hoping Ishikawa noticed her during her performance while she's thanking Yoshikawa for her help .

The couple that competes together end up grabbing the student council president together .

Yanagi! Although putting the guy with bad vision in charge of the cavalry battle was maybe not the best idea .

I guess it was always going to come down to Miyamura vs Sengoku...the latter losing because he falls prey to Miyamura tricking him. Well played, Miyamura-kun .

Well, East beat West, but at least Remi thought Sakura was super cute and Miyamura got to see his girlfriend as a proper cheerleader in a skirt. Pretty great for the first and last Sports Day Miyamura actually enjoyed !
Old 2023-07-15, 18:20   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I forgot who the girl who looks like Miyamura is. I think she was in love with Hori or something? I had forgotten about the dude who can't see shit without his glasses too (which he forgot... wrong anime, mate).

Other than that it was fun once again. That's probably going to be my commnent every week.
Old 2023-07-22, 11:46   Link #24
Frontier

Nothing beats studying at Hori's and under the Hori family kotatsu! We've got Sota! Kyosuke, who Hori seems to respect even less! And of course they all fall asleep under the kotatsu .

What a tangled mess of legs! It would be romantic for Hori and Miyamura if they weren't dishing out excruciating pain every time they move! And that's before Kyosuke makes it worse! And Miyamura needs to use the bathroom!!! Though Hori says it's fine if he goes on her floor...but still! But man, Haruka Tomatsu was just having the time of her life for this scene, huh? And Sota's just sleeping through all this nonsense .

I see the Sengoku's and the Hori's have a long history dating back to high school...not that Sengoku's father is all that happy about it. Nor is our Sengoku immune to it when he gets outright kidnapped by Kyosuke into the Hori domicile and falls asleep in the kotatsu too. Though he and Miyamura are of like mind so much that they both think they're in an RPG, with Hori as a random goblin !

Maybe Hori's concerns about Miyamura leaving her for another man aren't completely unfounded when she sees Shindo texting him romantically...even though it was meant for Shindo's girlfriend. Miyamura mentioning Shindo's name while he's drowsy didn't help, though. But offering up a mikan and a mikan kiss to your girlfriend is quit effective at smoothing the tension !

Embarrassing photos of Hori and Sengoku! Thse childhood friends have been through a lot! Although Miyamura doesn't know what to do when he sees photos of his girlfriend as a kid in the kiddie pool. And Miyamura is better off not knowing how long Hori and Sengoku were bathing together. Also, middle school Hori !

It's fun to imagine Hori's mom as the spitting image of her in high school, but the Hori's are "ordinary?" Miyamura's probably count more by virtue of the fact that we never see them .

Ah, I see Kyosuke has now kidnapped both Sengoku's. And he and Sengoku Papa (Daisuke Namikawa!) fight like they're still in high school. I can only imagine what it was like with Hori's mom involved too .

Oof! Sengoku's dad doesn't know he has a girlfriend and doesn't think he should have a girlfriend! And Hori is totally willing to screw Sengoku over and expose him! To be honest Remi would probably seem too much like Hori for his dads' taste. No wonder he was trying to avoid them meeting at graduation .

I see interrupting a Sengoku speech is just a given at high school graduations !

Hori found out about the appeal of feeding your boyfriend! And having him nibble on your finger !
Old 2023-07-22, 18:35   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Horis bullying Sengokus seem to be something of a tradition. Hori treats her father like shit but she's like him in a lot of aspects. I don't really remember what the mom is like so she's probably normal.
Old 2023-07-22, 20:29   Link #26
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Horis bullying Sengokus seem to be something of a tradition. Hori treats her father like shit but she's like him in a lot of aspects. I don't really remember what the mom is like so she's probably normal.
Basically an Ai Kayano MILF with closed eyes from what I remember. I think the most memorable thing about her was her being as uncaring of her husband as her daughter is .

I honestly wonder if Hori resents her father so much because he was basically a no-show for her entire childhood.
Old 2023-07-23, 15:31   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Kyoko's reliable, her dad exudes flakiness.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-29, 11:31   Link #28
Frontier

Every season of Horimiya needs at least one Shu episode! At least this time he's not the guy who got all his screentime cut until they gave him a focus episode! And we've even got more Motoko! Poor girl trying to get close to her crush but her big bro is being a typical overprotective brother...who doesn't have the attention span to actually hear out all her love drama .

All this probably could be resolved if Shu had a girlfriend, if there were any female characters left in the cast who weren't spoken for or wanted anything to do with him .

I feel for Motoko. She plans out a nice, relaxing, study session with her crush but she made the mistake of checking to make sure her brother wouldn't show up so Shu knew for sure something was up. And then said crush walks in on her and her brother wielding replica swords against each other. And then said crush ends up admiring and paying more attention to her brother than her .

How long has Shu practiced that sword sheathing ?

Why did this conversation turn from Shu explaining his circumstances to talking about how cute he is compared to his sister, Estrus cycles, Japan's declining birthrate, and Shu being gay for Sengoku ?

Shu did the thing! Running with toast in his mouth before he's late for school! And showing how incredibly impractical that is! Heck, Yoshikawa did it too! Too bad this was far from a Meet Cute moment for either of them. Also Ishikawa, who had onigiri instead, and Miyamura who had a meat bun and drink all prepared. And then it turns out they all showed up early because 3rd years have only afternoon classes. Typical teenage problems .

Ah yes, of course the middle school visiting the school would be Motoko's...but instead of her turning up it's Kitahara, the bane of Shu's existence. Not that his friends, especially the girls, are any help and seem to enjoy watching him squirm. He even gets a Yasuda chop for his antics. Poor Shu .

It wouldn't be Horimiya without realizing Kitahara was "the guy" and needling Shu about it while some characters are just confused about what the heck everybody is talking about .
Old 2023-07-29, 18:31   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Motoko is a cutie. Shame she got NTR'd by her brother of all people, not that he intended for things to take such a surprising turn

The classic running with a toast in your month moment was pretty damn funny. I never tried it myself but I'd say running and eating at the same time must indeed be pretty hard. Not to mention good chances of accidentally biting your tongue.
Old 2023-08-05, 11:36   Link #30
Frontier

A guys' sleepover at Sengoku's! And hilariously the way they format leaves Sengoku with no place to sleep in his own room .

Is that Ayako Kawasumi as Sengoku's mom? She seems quite harsh with her son .

Does Miyamura have nightmares about the Hori household? Seems like he imagines it being a horror movie .

I guess Sengoku can't help but be curious about what Miyamura's reluctance to strip or expose skin around others...though acting on said curiosity just gets him mistaken for a sexual creeper obsessed with Miyamura. What is it with Sengoku and all these gay vibes that just surround him? I guess Miyamura isn't much better :teehee:.

Ishikawa the MVP though! He'll always find a way to cover for Miyamura, even if it means saying something embarrassing about his body that Miyamura might not ever understand !

I can't believe Miyamura and Sengoku exchanged clothes. Let's hope Hori never finds out where Miyamura got that sweater from .

You couldn't have a Sengoku-focused episode without Remi! And she just wants her boyfriend to be a little more affectionate with her, especially when it's cold. Handholding, hugs...the works! And Sengoku is happy to oblige her, with some prodding. Too bad he won't kiss her on the street though. Come on Sengoku, there was nobody around !

Sengoku and Sakura hanging out? By themselves? Without Remi? That's a little suspicious. Although I'm not sure if Hori was trying to cover for it for Remi's sake or Sengoku's. She's not the best liar though .

Shu has eyes on stealing Remi away from Sengoku? Don't let him know that. He gets pretty serious when it comes to Remi !

Ahhh! They were getting her cookies to celebrate her doing better on her math test! That's so sweet! Even if Sengoku ended up being made fun of by the end of it .
Old 2023-08-12, 11:46   Link #31
Frontier

Sakura is feeling the 3rd year experience with all the studying she has to do...and no better way to unwind than with her favorite manga !

Of course nothing sucks more than when said manga sells out, but it does lead her to a chance encounter with Yanagi who gives her his copy like the good boi he is, and leads to a connection between the two over their shared affinity for Skull Ninja Konoha. Even if Sakura is scared she freaked Yanagi out by comparing him to a cool female character, when Yanagi just doesn't know how to feel being likened to a woman. What dorks !

And now Sakura and Yanagi are manga buddies! Could this lead to more? Though the fact that they went out to buy glasses for Yanagi reminded me of another romcom airing this season .

It's fun to imagine everybody switching bodies and imagining the VA's playing other characters, but the bathroom question is probably a dealbreaker .

I guess Hori is so used to people saying her last name it would be weird if they didn't. The only people who call her Kyoko are her parents (and Miyamura in the bedroom). Though Yuki calling her Kyoko-chan was adorable .

Yuki and Yanagi share a moment, but the boy she most wants to hold hands with is Ishikawa even if it just goes into their usual banter and dynamic, but it's one that's decidedly theirs .

Miyamura catches Sawada being bullied and tells her bullies what he really thinks of them like the good big brother he is, though despite her interest Sawada just can't seem to connect with her classmates like she does with her 3rd year friends. But at least she can talk to them about her problems and helping her when she needs help .

I love how Remi gets the nickname and Senpai while Sengoku is just "Sengoku" .

Sawada finally connects with some of her class for her efforts! Now she just has to deal with addressing all the rumors about her 3rd year acquaintances .

Skull Ninja Konoha ED! Sung by none other than Sakura and Yanagi! With art by the artist for the actual Horimiya manga !
Old 2023-08-12, 18:43   Link #32
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And now Sakura and Yanagi are manga buddies! Could this lead to more? Though the fact that they went out to buy glasses for Yanagi reminded me of another romcom airing this season .
Wasn't Yanagi's initial shtick in the main series that he forgets his glasses too? Or something more like he refused to wear glasses despite being half blind.

I feel like they'd make a good pairing, but I kinda have mixed feelings since it feels like pairing the losers together.

I enjoyed Sawada's segment too. She's a nice girl. And how the fuck is she not Miyamura's sister? They look identical!
Old 2023-08-19, 11:31   Link #33
Frontier

Fitting for a Yanagi-focused episode to involve him searching for his contacts because he can't see (and he forgot his glasses). A real Mie-san moment, especially when his glaring stare gets mistaken for hostility and freaks Sengoku out .

Everyone wants their precious Yanagi time and to be close to them! Even on a first-name basis, even! I thought Hori was jealous of how close Miyamura is to another guy, but she really was just jealous that he's closer to Yanagi than she is .

No better way to tell Yanagi the bus will be late than by having Remi act like the pushy guy who always tries to pick up girls and Hori the male romance lead who always wards them off. And they can barely keep the script going! But at least Yanagi got to enjoy cookies with his friends while he waited for the bus .

Wow, that teacher really put the fear of God into Yanagi! Too bad he's not a morning person. So much so that he needs two alarms just to get up in the morning and his body subconsciously keeps breaking them. He needs his friends to contact him three times just to get up in the morning, and it was only Sengoku's cute texting that got him up in the end. Doesn't seem like he made it the last morning though .

Are Sengoku and Yanagi friends? It seems like Yanagi is less formal with people he actually wants to be friends with, so what does that mean for his relationship with Sengoku? And as Sengoku is agonizing over this of course the other guys relentlessly tease him about it. I mean the moment they thought Remi was single because Sengoku got "dumped" Ishikawa was giving Shu the okay to go after her. What great guy friends .

It does seem like Yanagi is a little more comfortable with people who are more energetic and lively, like Remi or Shu, but he still respects and cares about Sengoku and knows he's a good guy .

How did this turn from Sengoku trying to be closer to Yanagi to Sengoku feeling up Ishikawa, Miyamura making it worse, and then everyone thinking he wants to turn into Shu ?
Old 2023-08-19, 18:31   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, no, I don't like Yanagi enough to enjoy an entire episode about him. I was bored most of the time, though I did like Remi and Hori's little skit. Worst episode so far, a rare miss for Horimiya.
Old 2023-08-19, 22:10   Link #35
Frontier

Quote:
Yeah, no, I don't like Yanagi enough to enjoy an entire episode about him. I was bored most of the time, though I did like Remi and Hori's little skit. Worst episode so far, a rare miss for Horimiya.
His only character trait is "nice guy who can't see without glasses or contacts who everybody loves" .

Also was surprised that in an episode devoted to him they didn't focus on his relationship with Sakura at all. This season feels like it has way more "guys doing stupid @#$%" then it does romance .
Old 2023-08-26, 11:47   Link #36
Frontier

It's Yasuda's worst nightmare...high school girls doing his hair while he's asleep and can't enjoy it! Yeah, something is really wrong with his head, but for once it's physical, not mental .

You know it's bad when not even Hori can comment on Yasuda's new hairstyle and no one else in the class is brave enough to say anything...until Yuki shows up and can't help herself but laugh at how ridiculous he looks. Honestly though, I thought he looked kind of cute .

Nakamine-sensei seems like the type who loses stuff. A lot. And has an infinite space for keys in his coat pocket, when keys aren't falling out of said pockets .

Well, that's a cute scene between Yuki and Nakamine. Yuki seems genuinely fond of him as a teacher. Of course Ishikawa just mistakes her for cheating and getting friendly with another guy while Yasuda is just plain jealous Nakamine is getting alone time with a high school girl...but really the sweet part is that Yuki carries sewing kits in case she ever needs to fix Ishikawa's buttons. It's just too bad he thinks she only does it for other guys .

Okay, so by "palm reading" Yuki means she just looks at your palms. Though Ishikawa doesn't want her holding anybody else's hands but his .

"Just a little guy fun!" So basically 60-70% of this season then ?

When you think they're measuring dick sizes but they're really just basking in the size of a cake. And then Yasuda goes from lecturing the guys about bringing a cake to deflecting their attempts to go to his house and hook him up with a normal and uninteresting girlfriend. Figures the one thing that would kill the mood the most is him asking to bring their girlfriends (both romantic and platonic) to his house though .

Uh oh! Hori and Sengoku slept through the day and were stuck in the student council room at night! And figures Hori would immediately blame Sengoku and not take any of his grief. He knew he was dealing with a sleeping demon .

Yasuda goes to the trouble of letting them out and they just ditch him for the bathroom. Although dude really shouldn't have implied there was anything going on between the two of them or threaten to undress them to check if anything happened...and it sounds like this isn't the first time he's done this. Yeah, give him a stern talking to, Terajima-sensei !

At least Miyamura is self-aware enough to know Sengoku was in more danger around his girlfriend than the other way around. Meanwhile Terajima seems to have rebooted Yasuda's personality !
Old 2023-08-26, 18:14   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
When you think they're measuring dick sizes but they're really just basking in the size of a cake. And then Yasuda goes from lecturing the guys about bringing a cake to deflecting their attempts to go to his house and hook him up with a normal and uninteresting girlfriend. Figures the one thing that would kill the mood the most is him asking to bring their girlfriends (both romantic and platonic) to his house though .
I thought they were reading a porn mag and talking about boobs. Who the fuck compares dick size with their friends?

Anyway, mostly a Yasuda episode, so I sleep once again. I did like the Hori and Sengoku part though, and Miyamura's reaction when he heard the story.
Old 2023-08-27, 04:39   Link #38
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I knew it wasn't a porn mag, but that Yasuda thought it was. Not sure why they couldn't have shared that big cake with the girls.

Scary Hori was nice, but you know what I wish they'd do more with? Masochist Hori.

Oh, or "afraid Miyamura will cheat on her with a boy" Hori.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2023-08-27 at 07:41.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-27, 07:21   Link #39
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Scary Hori was nice, but you know what I wish they'd do more with? Masochist Hori.

Oh, or "afraid Miyamura will cheat on her with a boy" Hori.
I'd love that. Those traits are part of what made Hori such a fun character. Unfortunately, this show is Horimiya but with Hori and Miyamura as side characters.
Old 2023-08-27, 11:46   Link #40
Frontier

Quote:
I'd love that. Those traits are part of what made Hori such a fun character. Unfortunately, this show is Horimiya but with Hori and Miyamura as side characters.
All the actual Horimiya content was used up in the first few episodes. Now it's basically just a SoL comedy about guys and their occasional relationships with girls .