2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-04, 08:55   Link #21
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialNocturne View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall this issue of particle consumption ever coming up before. In not a single battle previously, in either the first or second season, did a machine truly concern itself with running out of power. Seems like a bit of a cheap way to make the Full Cloth lose; was additionally hoping Nemesis would have better allies that piloted similar "pirate" suits like an Astray or the Dark Hound, etc... Oh well, was visually satisfying all the same.
They mentioned particle usage in the battle against the triplet and little bit in the first battle of the national. But to this extend, no.
Old 2015-03-04, 09:17   Link #22
Skaddix

Yeah they mentioned it but I dont see how Lucas is burning through that much energy. Sheesh Adou spammed more attacks and didn't run out of energy.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 09:26   Link #23
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

I think it's more a question if Crossbone Full Cloth's attacks inherently consume a lot of particles? Maybe the machine isn't supposed to operate for long periods, and against enemies of inferior caliber it's usually able to end the match much earlier than it did against Gunpla Academy?

In any case, my only noteworthy complaint is that the one-to-one duel between Lucas and Wilfred ended a little too easily. It's like they ran out of ideas to flesh out their battle in a satisfactory manner, animation-wise.

EDIT:
Hmm now that I rewatched the episode, Crossbone only had 26% particle supply left against three fucking machines. Of which two probably had superior power plants and one just got one heck of a repair and who knows, she could have gotten her particle supply replenished somehow? Besides, if Transient's based on one of the 00 variants, it probably has a Trans-Am Burst/Quantum System-like mechanism that allows it to perform something as particle-draining as Transient Burst at all. Just too bad for Lucas I guess, if it was a one-to-one duel and his particle supply wasn't already exhausted, by any means he should have won.

Last edited by RES-01 Perses Gundam; 2015-03-04 at 09:41.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 09:26   Link #24
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

I liked this. Heck, it may have been my favorite episode of the second season so far.

I was afraid they'd go for what people seem to have wanted- e.g. Lucas taking out everyone from GA, but it wasn't the case.
I hate the shounen animu stereotype where one dude with incompetent teammates goes 1vx against opponents of a high caliber and wins because he's more OP than everyone else bla bla fear him. Especially when it's set up so he specifically wants to solo his opponents in a supposed team match because oh gosh, he's so awesome, we must all be so impressed by how badass he is. /cringe. Really happy with the outcome.

They did a good job with this episode, it's been a while since I've been hyped for this show.
Old 2015-03-04, 09:27   Link #25
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Yeah they mentioned it but I dont see how Lucas is burning through that much energy. Sheesh Adou spammed more attacks and didn't run out of energy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
I think it's more a question if Crossbone Full Cloth's attacks inherently consume a lot of particles? Maybe the machine isn't supposed to operate for long periods, and against enemies of inferior caliber it's usually able to end the match much earlier than it did against Gunpla Academy?

In any case, my only noteworthy complaint is that the one-to-one duel between Lucas and Wilfred ended a little too easily. It's like they ran out of ideas to flesh out their battle in a satisfactory manner, animation-wise.

The only thing I could think of is I-Field, which consumes lot of power.

edit: and it was in the sky not in space. so it is possible that X1 consumed more power than usual.
Old 2015-03-04, 09:29   Link #26
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Now that was actually an awesome battle, with all of the tricks they pull out one after the other, including the G-Portent's Karels (the Haro-controlled repair bots). It was also nice how Shia even mentions how the Crossbone HG shouldn't even have a Core Fighter feature, yet here was Lucas abusing the feature. Best of all, most of the gimmicks they pull out are already ones we're familiar with, save for the G-Portent's repair feature

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 09:31   Link #27
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Celestial Sphere vs. Von Braun indeed intense.

Lucas, different from what most expected, is not going on the same way as Junya (a.k.a completely ignore his teammates).
Instead, he's guiding his teammates to do 'fuel station' strategy knowing well he's the only person capable to defeat Gunpla Academy.
Hit and Run is no good? I'm used soloing boss using that strategy in some game, so I'd say it's smart move especially if you have low stats and need to deal with three boss character.

Personally, Lucas gave a good fight;
Using core fighter in HG Crossbone and managed to pierce G-Portent's barrier is awesome.
He's defeated because lack of support due to his teammates level. If his teammates are as strong as Adou and Shia, Lucas will win for sure.

Transient's SP is plot armor?
Well, if you look at Adou's when he's fighting in Nielsen Lab, he had two SP command IIRC.
By that point, it's too stupid if Gunpla Academy regular members didn't have one or two SP command available just because they had a winning streak. Especially after implied by SD-R flashback that Gunpla Academy standard is high (too high IMO), both for fighter and builders.

Particle issue is not exist by first season.
The issue is not mentioned in first-half, but in second-half of GBFT.
Looking by how it implied so far, IMO particle in GBFT is closest to MP available to use in RPG terms.
You can enhanced unit output using particles of course with cost more particle consumed (implied by Ryuusei Rasen-ken usage when fighting SD-R), hence Lucas using refuel strategy to keep his output higher against Gunpla Academy.

> Earlier, they show Lucas trash the Zaku team, and I was expecting him to really dish out the pain on Gunpla Academy, but noo....

Gabai is not on the same level as Gunpla Academy.
If you remember, Adou did the same thing against Gabai Institute as well.

> Why Gunpla Academy didn't run out of energy?

That's why GN Drive is one of the popular energy source(s) in Gundam.
With Allan as a coach and Shia as a mechanic, it's safe to say all Celestial Sphere's GN Drive is fully activated.

Next, Try Fighters vs Build Busters.
It's good to know Minato teammates are start to worried because they're rely on him.
But what will Tryon 3 do to deal with Try Fighters output and skill? As a HG (not a huge MA size), of course it's 1 vs 3 situation.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 09:35   Link #28
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
But what will Tryon 3 do to deal with Try Fighters output and skill? As a HG (not a huge MA size), of course it's 1 vs 3 situation.
Tryon 3 has SUPER ROBOT SPIRIT!!!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 10:10   Link #29
shadow1296

kinda liked how the transient burst made the celestial being insignia and yeah as much as it was a good episode the fight could have gone better
Old 2015-03-04, 10:17   Link #30
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

wilfrid : "ah, time to press this <win> button"
*SHINEEEEEEE BRIIIIIIIIGHT LIKE A DIAMOOOOOOND*
Battle Ended
ninjastarforcex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 10:17   Link #31
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I'm glad that Crossbone Gundam X1 Full-Cloth was animated (despite having that core fighter gimmick that was not present on the original HGUC kit), but it's sad that Lucas Nemesis was beaten...

I would like to see Team Von Braun vs Team Try Fighters in the final, but it wasn't meant to be now that Wilfrid and his team have won the match! Great episode and I can't wait for next week's battle against Minato Sakai's team!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 10:30   Link #32
BoyTitan

Decent battle but I call bullshit on two things.

1 The repairing with the nano bots was pure dues ex machina. 2 Why the fuck didn't full cloth use his SP ability. Every gunpla has a sp ability activated by selecting SP in the weapons selection. Wielfred use his and fullcloth did not respond with one. 3 even more deus ex machina with this particle loss bullshit. Hey maybe there will be a season 3 because it was a shit ton of plot armor that killed him.
Old 2015-03-04, 10:37   Link #33
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I remember hearing Lucas saying "Full Mode" during his duel with Wilfrid Kijima.

Still, I'm sad that Lucas didn't win the battle against Gunpla Academy.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 10:39   Link #34
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Tryon 3 has SUPER ROBOT SPIRIT!!!!!!

Means to a Super Robo there's no such thing impossible odds or insurmountable wall , all it needs to do is PUNCH EVEN HARDER

but still for story wise its going to lose ... just hoping to see a great fight / battle next episode
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 10:44   Link #35
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Decent battle but I call bullshit on two things.

1 The repairing with the nano bots was pure dues ex machina. 2 Why the fuck didn't full cloth use his SP ability. Every gunpla has a sp ability activated by selecting SP in the weapons selection. Wielfred use his and fullcloth did not respond with one. 3 even more deus ex machina with this particle loss bullshit. Hey maybe there will be a season 3 because it was a shit ton of plot armor that killed him.
1. No. The repair unit is derived from Gundam 00; Shia can be seen creating the repair unit in this episode.

2. SP is not always something loaded with explosion. SP is more to exclusive feature available.
Considering Crossbone performance, his SP would be either the usage of Core Booster (which said by Shia, HG Crossbone shouldn't have Core Booster installed), I-Field or Full Mode as mentioned by Benigmatica. For Transient it's Particle Burst that also used in Gundam 00.

3. Particle loss is already implied during the fight against SD-R.
Not to mention Allan and Tatsuya is discussing how standard for world championship applied in national championship.
Seven years time skip, how do you expect nothing new for game system to provide more balanced play when national level had high caliber gunpla participating like Transient and The End that easily on the whole another level compare to gunpla seven years ago.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 10:52   Link #36
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Well that battle was pure win, I don't see the "plot armor" complaints you guys do.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 10:57   Link #37
Skaddix

The repair units fine. It only works if u get a chance to sit still and not be attacked. So totally impractical for 1 v 1 but works great in team.

I actually appreciated Lucas actually used some tactics. Hit and Run makes sense he has got two teammates that are way below the level of being useful. He made the best use of them without being meatsheilds. My problem is more they over hyped Lucas and Crossbones with those energy restraints it hardly seems the best unit in the tourney by far. And if it doesn't have that problem in Space then serious problem much like the swim team, most of the fields are not Space.
Old 2015-03-04, 11:04   Link #38
Tormenk

The preview last week over-promised in a way. Lucas put up a great fight even if half the time it seemed like he was just running away. Just not to the extent that you would feel his performance was great enough to push the entire GA team to the edge of fighting tooth and nail, though personally it would have been great to see as well imo.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 11:09   Link #39
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialNocturne View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall this issue of particle consumption ever coming up before. In not a single battle previously, in either the first or second season, did a machine truly concern itself with running out of power. Seems like a bit of a cheap way to make the Full Cloth lose; was additionally hoping Nemesis would have better allies that piloted similar "pirate" suits like an Astray or the Dark Hound, etc... Oh well, was visually satisfying all the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
They mentioned particle usage in the battle against the triplet and little bit in the first battle of the national. But to this extend, no.
The Star Build Strike did run out of particles when Sei/Reji fought the Dark Matter Exia. But, the Gunpla is able to recharge if left alone for awhile. Certainly running out of particles pretty much confirms your defeat, but if the opponent takes too much time in fully destroying the Gunpla( aka the chairman wanting to punch the shut down Star Build Strike vs ending it) the Gunpla can recharge itself.

Last edited by quagmire; 2015-03-04 at 11:23.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 11:10   Link #40
Skaddix

That is the problem with a team sport. Its hard to carry especially if ur like an A+ and ur opponents are A- or As while ur teammates are like C maybe a B.