041 - 050: Below Average... 2 3.23%
031 - 040: Bad... 3 4.84%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Duel Masters... 9 14.52%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-05-20, 11:59   Link #21
kitten320

You should complain to Kishimoto for making Konohamaru hit Pein.
Old 2010-05-20, 12:03   Link #22
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Overall, great episode.

I only have two complaints: THe first is the flashback dealing with rotation, power etc. It made it too obvious at the beginning. THey should have put ti with the flashback just before he attacks Pain.

The second is the Tai-Jutsu segment. Don't get me wrong, it was great, its just it made Pain seem weaker than he is.

Apart from those two nit-picks, this ep was awesome.
WHat else would Naruto have taught him? I didn't realize Naruto had such a bevy of skills to teach. Basically, all I'm saying is no matter where they put the flashback it would have been obvious that he learned the rasengan.
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 12:57   Link #23
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Kakashi (with a little help from Chouza) took down the 1st Pain. Konohamaru...well he certainly hit this Pain pretty damn good, but it is unclear if he really took it down.
Cyborg pain is still alive in this ep, so technically Konohamaru was the first to even do any damage to a Pain.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 13:10   Link #24
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

We don't know if this Pain is dead, so Kakashi is still technically first to do some damage, even if that particular Pain blocked an attack on another purposefully.
Old 2010-05-20, 13:55   Link #25
Captain_Monotanous

I was pleasently suprised by this episode, and strangely thought it ended up much better directed then Kakashi's battle. The taijutsu gave the fight a much more fluid feel, rather then stare downs broken up with lazershow-no-jutsus

And to those who are annoyed by Konohamaru landing the first knockout, dont be.
I remember feeling the same reading the manga, as did most. That Pain there is not combat orientated, while God realm Pain's powers approach the levels of HaXXors

Anyway, looking forward to the next "explosive" episode. The Crowning moment of awesome for the whole series is approaching!
Captain_Monotanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 14:10   Link #26
Blackage

This episode disappointed me so much. They combined chapters 426(Naruto & Konoha) & 428.

426 was a great chapter, because it showed why the villagers were so willing to give their lives to protect a comrade as well as show how the hearts of the villagers(Especially Ebisu) became to change when Naruto started taking on missions and defending the village.

Here it just seemed like it got brushed aside to make way for Konohamaru's fight, and the message of chapter 426 was totally lost.
Blackage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 14:24   Link #27
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Cyborg pain is still alive in this ep, so technically Konohamaru was the first to even do any damage to a Pain.
That will turn out to be a plot hole in the anime, but only if we assume that Konohamaru is fighting this pain after the kakashi fight. In reality all this is supposed to happen at the same time, so it is possible that right now Kakashi has began to fight god realm while the cyborg realm is not yet there and is just randomly shooting missiles. In the manga there are many cuts from one scene to another, so events really feel more parallel, in the anime they decided to do fights separated to different episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackage View Post
Here it just seemed like it got brushed aside to make way for Konohamaru's fight, and the message of chapter 426 was totally lost.
I think they'll definitely use the flashbacks, probably in the next chapter. I have never seen the anime dropping part of the manga, they even need to add many fillers to the anime so why would they drop great parts of the manga? Maybe they just gave this flashback to someone else. Well if they kept it like the manga that would still be the best, because Ebisu was clearly one that didn't like Naruto in the beginning, so giving the flashback to someone who was more positive to naruto would make less sense.

But who knows, Ebisu may still get it, since we don't know if the rasenganed pain will get up and get him again or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvx360x View Post
I think it is stupid that they made Konohamaru land a hit on Pain. After Kakashi fail, Chouji+ His Dad fail, Ibiki fail, ANBU fail they make Konohamaru land a Rasengan.. That Pain body will most likely stand up after but the simple fact that Konohamaru hit him pissed me off.
You should take into account that the different Pains have completely different abilities, this one didn't seem to have strong fighting abilities, he was sent to get information and not to fight. God realm is the strongest of the pains and kakashi did fight the strongest, while this one did seem to be the weakest one.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2010-05-20 at 14:36.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 15:51   Link #28
Kafriel
Senior Guest

You can see the centipede summon at the beginning of the episode, when it was clearly taken out by Shikamaru a while ago. This should be enough for anyone to indicate "parallel action". If they were to skip the parts of the previous episode, then the villains would lag in action. So, for the sake of simultaneity, they decided to go with parallelism.
The episode was good, I liked Ebisu's short struggle although Pain's tongue-munching was somewhat gross. The omake was awesome btw, "did you see my toothbrush?"
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 17:01   Link #29
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
You can see the centipede summon at the beginning of the episode, when it was clearly taken out by Shikamaru a while ago.
3 were summoned, actually.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 17:10   Link #30
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

The kunai landing on Pain's arm threw me off. Though having not read the manga, I'd expect even a clone or separate Pain (controlled body) to notice the kunai approaching at the very least. The tongue torture was kinda gross as well.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 17:18   Link #31
Jehuty

Few things to remember:

1) Konohamaru is considered an elite ninja with the potential to become Hokage.
2) Konohamaru also saw Pein's ability - or at least, figured out right away that he mustn't be grabbed or it's all over for him. It doesn't mean that he'd stand a chance in hand to hand combat against the guy (he didn't) but he could just dodge as much as he did.
3) Pein only saw a scared child, he completely underestimated him. He used Naruto's technique (kage bunshin + having himself and another kage bunshin do Rasengan, considered to be a high rank jutsu when it makes contact, even within A-rank jutsus).

Having said all this, the episode was really good. I know we overuse this term often, but there was some GAR involved here, folks. Also, it is the 2nd pein body to be taken down. The Cyborg Pain died when he shot that last missile to Chouji.
Old 2010-05-20, 20:30   Link #32
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Fun episode, only 1 more episode until Naruto arrives!!!!

Well, anyone else thought Ebisu was pretty badass this episode?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 22:35   Link #33
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Almost a pointless episode imo. Whole episode exclusively to Konohamaru. Naruto finally figures out to use kage bunshin to use nature energy. yay.

Come back already.
Old 2010-05-20, 23:16   Link #34
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Head Animator: Dammit, I just realized we are going to have to do a whole episode about Konohamaru.
Assistant: You're kidding, right?
Head Animator: No, that Kishimoto guy really devoted a chapter and a half to him. He is probably the least liked character on the show. What are we going to do?
Assistant: What if we kill it with filler? Like have Ino's arse attacked by that slug again, some more Shikamaru and Kurenai sexual tension, focus on Tsunade's breasts, and more shots of Kakashi being dead.
Head Animator: Nah, we need something new. I got it! Shirtless Sasuke! We'll have Sasuke in an omake to show how gay he is again by rebuffing Karin's sexual advances. Nobody will remember Konohamaru was even in this episode once they see shirtless Sasuke. He is soooo hot.
Assistant: Genius! That's why you get paid the big bucks. Now let's go poorly animate everything.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 01:15   Link #35
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvx360x View Post
Bad episode imo.

I think it is stupid that they made Konohamaru land a hit on Pain. After Kakashi fail, Chouji+ His Dad fail, Ibiki fail, ANBU fail they make Konohamaru land a Rasengan.. That Pain body will most likely stand up after but the simple fact that Konohamaru hit him pissed me off.

Only thing I liked this episode was the glasses teacher. He actually fought like a real ninja without all the jutsu's and stuff.
Well you have to look it this way, Each body that pain has controle over has it's up's and down's meaning: The body that Konohamaru was fighting was fast, but obviously not as fast as some other body's that he can controle.

Added to that, this body was alone on itself. No other body's near to see the fight from a different angle, so when this body that pain controled found out that he was holding a KB he was suprised and was caught by a full rasengan blast.

Rasengan on itself is powerfull enough to k.o somebody.
Old 2010-05-21, 01:36   Link #36
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Also note that body had pretty much 0 defense, except for the soul-sucking. It's not meant to be a combat body.
Old 2010-05-21, 02:34   Link #37
Alchemist007
*Author

An ok episode...
Old 2010-05-21, 06:40   Link #38
Marvx360x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
Well you have to look it this way, Each body that pain has controle over has it's up's and down's meaning: The body that Konohamaru was fighting was fast, but obviously not as fast as some other body's that he can controle.

Added to that, this body was alone on itself. No other body's near to see the fight from a different angle, so when this body that pain controled found out that he was holding a KB he was suprised and was caught by a full rasengan blast.

Rasengan on itself is powerfull enough to k.o somebody.
He dodged everything Ebisu threw at them and then got hit by 3 Kunai's... Nobody ever gets hit by them. I thought they were using these episodes to display each body's strenght but this made him look very weak. He fell for a simple bunshin trick.. That's not up to the big boss standards :/
If I remember correctly Kakuzu could still stand after getting hit by a Rasengan so these undead bodies should certainly be able to stand up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Also note that body had pretty much 0 defense, except for the soul-sucking. It's not meant to be a combat body.
Konohamaru pretty much ko'd a Pain body without getting harmed at all. It took Kakashi, Chouji + his dad and his team to kill one body. They were fighting 2 bodies but all of these were way above Konohamaru's level. Kakashi was one of the strongest ninja's in the village.

Kiba no Tabishounin Manga <3
Marvx360x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 07:22   Link #39
herculan

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Kakashi (with a little help from Chouza) took down the 1st Pain. Konohamaru...well he certainly hit this Pain pretty damn good, but it is unclear if he really took it down.
If you count up all the facts I think its obvious he didn't take down the pain..
NAruto even mentioned to konohamaru in the end: '' Good job konohamaru I heard you USED (not took out) a rasengan on pain.'

There were a 3 things in this chapter that seemed different then the manga... I never like it when that happens:

-WORST THING... THey skipped out the scene wherere they show how the villlagers started loving naruto more and more!! that was the best.
-Konohamaru's rasengan was the normal size in the anime, in the manga its smaller.
-In the anime you saw older naruto teach konohamaru rasengan in the manga it was the young naruto.
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 10:07   Link #40
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Never cared much for Konohamaru so wasn't a fan of this eppy. Though I did learn one thing about Pain he likes to paint his toe nails.

Tags
weekly episode discussion