AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2009-11-18, 11:31   Link #21
TCman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
DivX's decoder is currently equal to or faster than CoreAVC and doesn't have the issue that CoreAVC does. So just use that instead.
That's right, the DiVX 7 H.264 encoder has no problem with video that's encoded with the lastest x.264 build (e.g. the latest gg fansub's releases) and it takes less cpu time than the ffdshow codec when encoding H.264, so it's better for "older" computers (e.g. with single core processors like the Pentium 4 or Athlon64) and it supports multi-threading which makes playing back H.264 video even faster on dual/quad core processors. The best of all is that you can download the DiVX 7 encoder for free (only the professional version is pay ware) and you can try it out when ever you want.

As far as I know the K-Lite Mega Codec 5.4.4. all in one codec pack already has integrated the DiVX 7 H.264 encoder, so it's now even easier than ever.

Last edited by TCman; 2009-11-18 at 11:46. Reason: add info about MT support of DiVX 7
Old 2009-11-24, 03:14   Link #22
cyth
Banned

I tried the DivX 7 H.264 decoder as you guys suggested, which worked as advertised, but I experienced player crashes later that week upon opening Eclipse's Kimi ni Todoke releases. I am not sure why it would do that, I'm guessing it could be because of high reference frame count. Anyway, I'm back on ffdshow's mt decoding waiting for CoreAVC 2.

Tags
cccp, coreavc, issues, pixelation