AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-25, 14:19   Link #21
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

You didn't like Seto no Hanayome or Carnival Phantasm? His comedy shows are usually top-notch, but he keeps doing things beyond his talent or ability...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 19:46   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Not to mention Kamisama Dolls.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 20:23   Link #23
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Not to mention Kamisama Dolls.
I have no idea why that show is so good! It barely feels like Kishi directed it.
Old 2013-10-25, 20:31   Link #24
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kishi is more than capable of brilliant direction, IMHO. Jinrui is a superb series. I just think he has really inconsistent taste with what he chooses to direct.
Old 2013-10-26, 01:57   Link #25
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Jintai is a good series because of the source material... it's not particularly well-directed.
Old 2013-10-26, 02:07   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Jintai is a good series because of the source material... it's not particularly well-directed.
And there we disagree profoundly. So be it. The source material notwithstanding I think Kishi did an outstanding job there for the most part.
Old 2013-11-26, 17:00   Link #27
ponyo

Kishi isnt Director though. He is only Chief. Whats the difference anyway.
ponyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 20:39   Link #28
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Chief director >>>> Director.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 05:20   Link #29
RollingPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
Chief director >>>> Director.
Ehh it depends.
RollingPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 10:54   Link #30
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPenguin View Post
Ehh it depends.
You're kidding, right? You do know what is the difference between 総監督 and 監督 (General / chief director and Director), right?
Please tell me you do.
Old 2013-11-27, 16:29   Link #31
RollingPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
You're kidding, right? You do know what is the difference between 総監督 and 監督 (General / chief director and Director), right?
Please tell me you do.
Chief director of Psycho Pass was Katsuyuki Motohiro and by his own words he mostly involved in post production.So he really had less creative control over the project than Naoyoshi Shiotani had.
Old 2013-11-27, 18:21   Link #32
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Here's how I'd describe it. If the Chief Director and the Director disagree about what to have for dinner, the Chief Director makes the call. But on a day to day basis, it's the Director who usually decides what to order.
Old 2013-11-27, 20:23   Link #33
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPenguin View Post
Chief director of Psycho Pass was Katsuyuki Motohiro and by his own words he mostly involved in post production.So he really had less creative control over the project than Naoyoshi Shiotani had.
Less creative control doesn't mean less power over the whole project

The whole point of being the "General" director is lost if the Director is the one pulling the strings.

It doesn't depend. The point is the general director just have more control over a project. All the time.

It is like what enzo said. For example, Chief director likes to eat beef, director will order medium rare beef. Director has no right to change it to chicken or pork because he likes to.

In Hamatora's case, Kishi will have the overall responsibility and credit for the anime. Kimura will follow orders from Kishi and can back out, or can be replaced with another director if Kishi doesn't like what Kimura does with the anime.
Old 2013-11-28, 04:16   Link #34
RollingPenguin

Quote:
In Hamatora's case, Kishi will have the overall responsibility and credit for the anime. Kimura will follow orders from Kishi and can back out, or can be replaced with another director if Kishi doesn't like what Kimura does with the anime.
My point is that the position of general director doesn't tell us how much general director is involved in this project.He may have the authority to change the entire show,but maybe he will just be doing stuff that is not of a great importance to the viewer(like the general director of Psycho Pass did),he certainly wont be story-boarding this anime and since this is a mixed media project I have to wonder about his control over the series scripts.In other words perhaps there is a hope for this show.
Old 2013-11-30, 13:26   Link #35
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

You know, what exactly is it this season with bizarre mixed media projects? Wake Up Girls, THe Neppu Boujin Road project, Nobunaga the fool...Did the industry finally get into their collective heads that the current monitization model is completely garbage? Also, this seems like Kishi trying to take another swipe at persona, only having squandered actually good persona games, he has to make up his own Persona-esque project. But, I think Kishi is a malignant shit stain on the anime industry, so I'm a bad judge.
Old 2013-12-01, 04:45   Link #36
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZabiLegacy View Post
You know, what exactly is it this season with bizarre mixed media projects? Wake Up Girls, THe Neppu Boujin Road project, Nobunaga the fool...Did the industry finally get into their collective heads that the current monitization model is completely garbage? Also, this seems like Kishi trying to take another swipe at persona, only having squandered actually good persona games, he has to make up his own Persona-esque project. But, I think Kishi is a malignant shit stain on the anime industry, so I'm a bad judge.
Mixed media projects are nothing new. the .hack// series, Hitoma Iruma's Aratanaru Sekai, Angel Beats!, Code Geass, To Aru series, Fate series, etc. etc. The industry has long known about it. Popular series with franchising potential in particular tend to become mixed media projects. Not even sure why you mentioned Wake Up Girls since that's only an anime tv series and movie so far.

Also Hamatora isn't exactly Kishi's project, from what we know he's only involved with the anime side. The original concept belong to Yuki Kodama, Natsu Matsumai and the rest of Cafe Nowhere, unless Kishi is also part of Cafe Nowhere, which I sincerely hope he isn't.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 15:27   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I swear when first seeing the title I thought this was a remake of Hamtaro . So far no sight of any hamsters .

This could be good though .
Old 2013-12-04, 10:45   Link #38
Kakkou
Tch.

More character/casts:

Master: Atsushi Ono
Gasuke: Yosuke Akimoto
Mao: Takuya Eguchi
Seo: Nobuhiko Okamoto
Rei: Ayaka Oohashi

The OP is "FLAT" by livetune adding Yuuki Ozaki(from Galileo Galilei).

New key visual, new characters, etc. here: http://moca-news.net/article/20131205/201312050000a/01/
Old 2013-12-09, 18:39   Link #39
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I swear when first seeing the title I thought this was a remake of Hamtaro . So far no sight of any hamsters .

This could be good though .
Not going to lie folks, I would watch that every week the minute it came out. Little hamsters go on big adventures. But, alas this is not Hamtaro.
Old 2013-12-12, 08:47   Link #40
Kakkou
Tch.

PV2: