AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 50.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 31.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-25, 02:33   Link #21
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston View Post
And this one hit youtube!

Spoiler:
Well, if you have a mullet you're either white trash or evil, and he certaintly doesn't live in a trailer...
Old 2007-02-25, 20:46   Link #22
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelray View Post
Well, if you have a mullet you're either white trash or evil, and he certaintly doesn't live in a trailer...
He's too bishi to be anything but

And well with only 3-5 eps left, they've got a few too many loose ends to tie up to introduce the main villain as someone we haven't seen.
Old 2007-02-27, 15:36   Link #23
David Johnston

Well it's not that I thought it was any great mystery who the bad guy is by this point. The truth is, it wasn't much of a mystery 15 episodes ago. What surprised me about this episode is that his interest in Alice seems sincere, sincere enough that he can get jealous about her. I thought surely he intended to kill her once the time was right. But now it looks like he really does want to marry her.

Last edited by David Johnston; 2007-02-27 at 15:51.
Old 2007-03-03, 21:17   Link #24
misspuff

I don't particularly like how Eclipse choose to translate some of episode 20.
Instead of using the word "wonderful" for sugoii, I think "amazing" would have been a more appropriate translation, based on the tone and original intent of the manga.

So far the anime has stayed fairly true to the original manga story (parts are a little out of order, but the essence has remained the same), but in episode 20 they tried to allude to the relationship between Alice and Randal being more romantic than it actually should be. In the manga their bond is more along the lines of strong comradery and mutual respect and affection. In the manga, when Randal sees Alice in a ballroom gown, he says "Sugoii..." because not only is Alice a talented soldier and a strong person, but she can also utilize her status and refinement as a noble for amazing results.

Anyways, I'm ranting. Really, it's the director's fault that the tone of episode was lead astray. Boo! Hiss!

Last edited by misspuff; 2007-03-03 at 21:22. Reason: spelling!
Old 2007-03-05, 07:12   Link #25
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspuff View Post
I don't particularly like how Eclipse choose to translate some of episode 20.
Instead of using the word "wonderful" for sugoii, I think "amazing" would have been a more appropriate translation, based on the tone and original intent of the manga.
And the difference between "wonderful" and "amazing" is what?

There is no difference between manga and anime version in this regard. Oland is awestruck by Alice's looks in her ballroom dress, and the way she's carrying herself in the situation, that's what the "sugoi" is all about. Both "wonderful" and "amazing" express the same thing.
Closed Thread