AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-01-08, 23:13   Link #21
Strahan

I read the manga for this; I like the slight tweak to the art for the anime. The eyes in the manga are more... shoujo?

Spoiler:

She looks better in this, very cute. Speaking of cute, that's a rather short frilly dress she's wearing. Wonder if the villagers are saying amongst themselves "omg what is she wearing? Does she have no shame??" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
I really liked that they addressed Mitsuha being unable to speak the language, something a lot of isekai gloss over unless that's specifically the lead's superpower.
Me too, that was cool. Most shows handwave it, or outright ignore the issue. It's nice to see it actually dealt with. Kinda struck me funny though that they did that well, but when Mitsuha teleports back home she seems to intuit that she can go back at will even though there is absolutely no reason for it.

Not that it bothers me; it's better than wasting time with long scenes of her figuring it out it just gave me a chuckle.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-08, 23:56   Link #22
Alchemist007
*Author

Seemed a simple watch, but then came the part about how not everything may be teleport-able between worlds so it would be wise to get rich through other means. Makes me think of wealth/investment diversification and why you should do it, don't be all in on cash, a stock, gold, or any one thing if you can help it.

Some food for thought where I didn't expect it.
Old 2023-01-09, 06:12   Link #23
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Me too, that was cool. Most shows handwave it, or outright ignore the issue. It's nice to see it actually dealt with. Kinda struck me funny though that they did that well, but when Mitsuha teleports back home she seems to intuit that she can go back at will even though there is absolutely no reason for it.

Not that it bothers me; it's better than wasting time with long scenes of her figuring it out it just gave me a chuckle.
Well, if she could teleport home, no reason to think she couldn't teleport back to Colette's world.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-09, 15:54   Link #24
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Seemed a simple watch, but then came the part about how not everything may be teleport-able between worlds so it would be wise to get rich through other means. Makes me think of wealth/investment diversification and why you should do it, don't be all in on cash, a stock, gold, or any one thing if you can help it.

Some food for thought where I didn't expect it.
I thought the hook was that she didn't know which world she might get stuck in when or if the powers fade, so she needs to prepare a life in either (or any) world.

She didn't want to take too many large things back and forth because it will get noticed (Conservation of Mass doesn't come into play I guess).
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-12, 00:01   Link #25
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, if she could teleport home, no reason to think she couldn't teleport back to Colette's world.
That would make sense if you know you initiated it, but not if it happened seemingly on its own. She seemed pretty taken aback when she realized she was back on Earth, she definitely didn't intend to teleport. What got me about it was how she immediately acted as though she knew for sure she could just pop right back, even knowing how to do it in the first place. Remember, she didn't get the exposition about it until later.
Old 2023-01-14, 18:13   Link #26
Sides

This might be my favourite show this season.
So she can only teleport to a place, if she can imagine the location she wants to go. It is also fun to see how Mitsuha plans her moves. Not important, but seeing her teleport herself with her scooter on top of her bed, in a panic, made me smile. Wonder if she will introduce the knowhow for a flushable toilet system to the other world...
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-14, 22:13   Link #27
Alchemist007
*Author

The 3 rules of guns, nice. I'm really liking the attention to certain details in this show.
Old 2023-01-16, 20:02   Link #28
Strahan

I also like the fact they didn't have her shots even land on the paper at all at first. Too many shows make shooting seem simple, nice to see a little realism... even if she did get good pretty quick heh. Maybe she's a natural
Old 2023-01-18, 12:04   Link #29
alex_drian

This is the true FUNA. Not Miles FUNA that I felt was a lesser work compared to Potion-danomi and this one or at least without the same level of passion. We about to watch true FUNA writing and I love it for it.

I really like this one and is probably my favorite FUNA works (of the 3 I know of at least). Mitsuha is great and I couldn't have ask for anyone better as Fukuyama as Onii-chan.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-21, 16:50   Link #30
Sides

;_; Mitsuha!
Was not too sure what to think at first, when she used cunning tactics to reach each milestones on her master plan. But then the flashback made me think, she is actually a well rounded person compared to most MC in other shows. So far I am enjoying this show, but like most shows, it is the season final that is going to determine if this show is a winner or not.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-22, 00:03   Link #31
Alchemist007
*Author

The family sure is nice, almost thought she'd stay with them.
Old 2023-01-22, 01:52   Link #32
Marina2

Ep.3

What is this? My life as a con artist in another world??

I like how far Mitsuha willing to go to achieve through her dream.

Other characters in this show are also great and funny in their own way. I always like a show with many colorful side characters.

Last edited by Marina2; 2023-01-22 at 03:33.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-22, 05:39   Link #33
ryllharu

It's a nice change of pace to see a character like Mitsuha be deliberately manipulative and calculating to serve her own ends.
Old 2023-01-26, 08:15   Link #34
Rasty

I never expected this series to be so good. Seems pretty realistic in how it handles the Earth part of the story. Most stories just handwave the traceability but using PMC for both the weapons and selling gold is a very smart idea. After all, those people specialize in the grey-zone trades and there is nothing strange about their customers being somewhat shady as long as they can pay.

Big plus points for pointing out Mizuha looking like a child to them. YES, JP people look significantly younger to Europeans and if they are unaccustomed to them, small + flat + youthful face = child is just logical (also higher voice). It always gnawed at my nerves how everyone ignores the MC's face etc., only focusing on the least interesting trait of black hair that isn't rare even in Europe.
Rasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-28, 21:04   Link #35
HandofFate

Mizuha sure is a hard working girl.
I think it was a good choice to fast forward a bit and set up shop right away in the story.
I think its very adorable that she keeps her deceased brother in mind during the whole time and thinking back to his advice.
Old 2023-01-28, 21:28   Link #36
ryllharu

I found it interesting that to compare this to other similar isekai this season and the way they're handling leads taking great care to not let others know of the scope of their abilities. Despite the level of forethought she has put into almost everything else thus far, Mitsuha screws up almost immediately after opening her shop by not considering how far seafood would take to get to a central city.

That and a number of other things that she showed to the three servant girls made it appear that with very little doubt, she's a witch.

Her prices are still too high, her goods are still too high end, she has an overly Japanese mindset on the things they might be interested in, and worst of all, she showed off one amazing thing after another to those girls. Unlike other isekai settings, we haven't seen all that much magic in this world.
Old 2023-01-28, 21:40   Link #37
Strahan

Those three girls must have some serious stomach capacity; I felt stuffed just thinking about a seven course meal like that lol

PS what was up with the short cutaway to Colette chopping wood? That was a little random.
Old 2023-01-28, 21:59   Link #38
Alchemist007
*Author

Another ep that felt as if it was 5m long.
Old 2023-01-28, 23:24   Link #39
larethian

I can't help but see a scammer in the making.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-29, 11:27   Link #40
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I can't help but see a scammer in the making.
The only difference between a good merchant and a scammer is whether they actually help their customers or not. The rest of their techniques is the same.

Quote:
I found it interesting that to compare this to other similar isekai this season and the way they're handling leads taking great care to not let others know of the scope of their abilities. Despite the level of forethought she has put into almost everything else thus far, Mitsuha screws up almost immediately after opening her shop by not considering how far seafood would take to get to a central city.
I like this part a lot, she doesn't have full information and common sense of the world and so she screws up badly. It is much more reasonable than all of her plans going perfectly as in many other works.

Quote:
Her prices are still too high, her goods are still too high end, she has an overly Japanese mindset on the things they might be interested in, and worst of all, she showed off one amazing thing after another to those girls. Unlike other isekai settings, we haven't seen all that much magic in this world.
I think this is more like pure medieval settings (with a weaker church I guess) rather than normal isekai, so there might not be any magic at all (except for Collete, that monster is definitely not normal ).

As for the goods, I think it is the other way around. The prices are OK or even too cheap, but she should focus on nobles and wealthy merchants, not the general population. You make money from the general population through huge amounts of mass-produced goods (with small margins), while from the rich you focus on quality, originality, and comfort and gain huge margins on every single sale (with a low frequency of sales).

Since she doesn't want (and to stay hidden can't) transport things in bulk, she has to focus on luxury goods.
Rasty is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, isekai