Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-09-02, 18:02   Link #21
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I lost interest in both Naruto and Bleach because of the fillers, this is the only reason why I would be bothered with long running series. Gray-man had the same effect, fillers started and I lost interest up to recent but even now I watch a bad quality RAW and that is it, I do however read the manga weekly and of One Piece as well. However there are manga series that IMO improved over time, Reborn I hated the idea of having the main character run around in his boxers under control of the dying will bullet but in a later volume the storyline changed for that sector and it became awsome, I don't watch the anime of it because I simply hate the way it is all drawn, qualitywise I mean. This is also one fo the things I don't like about those long running series, fillers are bad that we all know but the average quality isn't all that special either
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 01:03   Link #22
lubczyk

I wonder how some of those animators feel that have worked on series like Bleach, Pokemon, One Piece for years and years? Even if you only do intermediate animation, it must be hell.

I wonder how those Koreans who do Simpsons feel? That must totally suck!!!
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 06:00   Link #23
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Everything past 52 episodes has a tendancy to suck hard at some point or another.
It can be the greatest and most awesome thing, failing a little is innevitable.

The pre-shipunden filler galore didn't suck, they were tons of spoon-fed bull crap.
I don't think the record has yet to be beaten... god I hope it never is.
Old 2008-09-03, 06:09   Link #24
christinemarie
Crazy One

Animes that shouldn't have an ending.

Detective Conan (mystery) 510+ episodes ongoing

Gintama (comedy) 120+ episodes ongoing

Jigoku Shoujo (horror) S3 this Fall 2008

Hidamari Sketch (splice of life) Don't know if there would be Hidamari Sketch S3?

Hayate No Gotoku (comedy) S2 next year? Winter or Spring 2009?
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 06:14   Link #25
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Animes that shouldn't have an ending.

Detective Conan (mystery) 510+ episodes ongoing

Gintama (comedy) 120+ episodes ongoing

Jigoku Shoujo (horror) S3 this Fall 2008

Hidamari Sketch (splice of life) Don't know if there would be Hidamari Sketch S3?

Hayate No Gotoku (comedy) S2 next year? Winter or Spring 2009?
I so gave up on Detective Conan like 300 eps ago
Old 2008-09-03, 12:34   Link #26
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I dislike the long ones as well. Which is why it pisses me off when they start remaking or creating more seasons(FMA2 for example). End a show and leave it there.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 14:12   Link #27
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I dislike the long ones as well. Which is why it pisses me off when they start remaking or creating more seasons(FMA2 for example). End a show and leave it there.
however FMA season 2 cannot be considered a season 2, unless I am mistaken that season is going to follow the manga story line so the previous anime wouldn't have anything to do with it meaning it will be like two seperate universes but both around 50 eps
Old 2008-09-03, 16:29   Link #28
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Im just wondering how old am i going to be when Naruto, One Piece, Bleach or D Gray Man finally ends. Everytime i think about it i start getting depressed.
I would gradly sue the production companies or whoever is the mastermind behind this evil plan making us suffer for so many years this slow and painful one-episode-per-week releases.
I started watching Naruto when there were about 200+ episodes and the week or so that took me to watch them all were very nice but if someone told me that i would have to wait for indefinite amount of years to see the ending while having to deal with slow ass boring fillers, i would gladly not even start watching it.
Same goes with One Piece and Bleach, although those 2 seems to have some kind of ending at some point of the story. Naruto can simply go on until he dies of old age... and at this rate the episodes are released i might die even earlier ....
i was thinking the same thing...i can see an end to bleach, but i can see naruto dragging out forever....
Old 2008-09-03, 16:56   Link #29
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
however FMA season 2 cannot be considered a season 2, unless I am mistaken that season is going to follow the manga story line so the previous anime wouldn't have anything to do with it meaning it will be like two seperate universes but both around 50 eps

Still means they are trying to make as much money from it as possible.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 20:06   Link #30
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Still means they are trying to make as much money from it as possible.
Yes, how dare businesses make money off anime! It's supposed to be about the love of the medium. These greedy production companies shouldn't let little details like how they're going to pay the rent next month effect their decisions like that.

Seriously, people just need to accept that long running series will be inconstant in quality and leave it at that. If you don't like it, fine watch something else. If you do, great, now enjoy it for what it is. Also remember that these are businesses. Of course they're going to try to maximize profits.
Old 2008-09-03, 23:09   Link #31
SpiffyBiff

Send a message via AIM to SpiffyBiff
I don't understand people referencing sitcoms like Seinfeld, or shows like South Park or The Simpsons. These shows are generally episodic, meaning they feature a group of characters but the story is different each episode, with the overall world not being the focus (and generally lacks change), but the actual characters themselves. These aren't really fair to be compared to the anime listed, as they are ongoing stories.
SpiffyBiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 17:01   Link #32
-Kh-
ポルカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
Reading manga and watching anime is not the same thing... >_>
He was complaining about Naruto's story.

What is the best solution if you are tired of fillers but liked the main story and wanted to see how it develops? Read the manga.

And of course it isn't the same thing, but what is the big deal, the point was story-wise, not animation and flashy super attacks -wise.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 20:37   Link #33
christinemarie
Crazy One

The Whole Japan loves Detective Conan even the recent prime minister himself. I watch only the Black Organization episodes and episodes that introduce new characters and plots necessary for the Black Organization.

Gintama is the best ongoing anime so far that Sunrise has made that keeps on going.

It's sad that there would be only 13 episodes of Jigoku Shoujo S3

P.S.
Seto No Hanayome shouldn't end as well it needs season 2 aside from the OVA.

In the end tv ratings, popularity, and how much money earned decides everything whether the series would end or not.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 04:09   Link #34
finalfantasyfanatic
I have arrived on time!

Quote:
Main reason why I stopped watching western shows was that it takes practically forever to get to the end. And somewhere along the way, I got tired of how Dragonball and Sailor moon never seemed to end, and that has affected me even to this day.

As such, I tend to avoid anything that has more than 50 episodes (heck, there's few 50 episode series I finish in the end). 1-2 cour series, please.
I just stick to 50 or less episodes, I tried bleach, D-Grayman, Naruto, Dragon ball and I couldn't be bothered to keep up, I'd rather long running storyline with little or no filler. Although I could watch a short anime about nothing if it was done right, but I already tried shows like Azumanga Daioh and Lucky Star, finished Azumanaga Daioh but stopped 2 or 3 eps into Lucky Star.

I'm tired of some long running show like Simpsons and would rather more episodes of Futurama/Family Guy instead.

Please visit my site if your interested in the Brave Series.
finalfantasyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 11:40   Link #35
Ending

Quote:
Im just wondering how old am i going to be when Naruto, One Piece, Bleach or D Gray Man finally ends. Everytime i think about it i start getting depressed.
Don't worry: they will never end. One day, when the view-ratings drop below some other crap serie, they will simply stop making more episodes, leaving the ending somewhere in the limbo together with Ranma, Urutsei Yatsua, OMG, and so forth. You will never get to know what happened to the heroes.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 00:56   Link #36
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Yep... I was in High School when I started watching Naruto, and that was the Zabuza arc and the show was pristine-perfect then. If I had known I'd be a senior in college and the show would still be ongoing, I'd be pretty shocked. So... I too wonder.... how old am I going to be when this show is done? Retirement age?
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 06:08   Link #37
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kh- View Post
He was complaining about Naruto's story.

What is the best solution if you are tired of fillers but liked the main story and wanted to see how it develops? Read the manga.

And of course it isn't the same thing, but what is the big deal, the point was story-wise, not animation and flashy super attacks -wise.
true, though the only thing I miss from reading the manga is the music, quality like I find the manga versions a whole lot better because sometimes they just change scenes entirely because of their airtime and therefore tollerance, and the manga makes things look a lot more bloody, there were scenes that in the manga make you go eer and in the anime you just remain neutral cause it doesn't look as good as black on white

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoKikyo View Post
Yep... I was in High School when I started watching Naruto, and that was the Zabuza arc and the show was pristine-perfect then. If I had known I'd be a senior in college and the show would still be ongoing, I'd be pretty shocked. So... I too wonder.... how old am I going to be when this show is done? Retirement age?
Same here, when I started Naruto it was about the time FMA was airing (2nd year highschool I believe it was), Bleach I saw from the beginning but the dissapointing thing is if you want to buy the manga volumes then you'd have to buy about 10 or 20 before you're actually up to date with the releases, with Naruto's, Bleach's and One Piece's manga volumes I'm not even going to bother collecting them because looking at the amounth and cash you have to pay is just depressing, with gray-man I was simply lucky that I was there when vol 1 just came out due to their late license and I simply could buy each volume everytime a new one got released.

One Piece is still enjoyable to read, the humour is great but the intelect of Naruto is slowlly going down and down, its as if there was soemthing wrong int he plot and the only way for him to fix it was to do something unlogical, I don't mind having to read a series for how many years it may be but they have to keep it logical you know

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2008-09-12 at 06:10. Reason: spelling =P
Old 2008-09-12, 08:45   Link #38
Traece
:cool:

Bleach was good until their more recent fiasco.

Mid-Arc interruption to loop to a past event that never happened in the manga, to let the manga move on more.

In other words: The Biggest Filler EVER Made!!!!

Naruto just got boring. The same ninjas doing the same things, and then becoming older, and continuing to do roughly the same things with the addition of the Albino Ninja. You'd think after getting older Hinata would get more of a backbone too. q_q

There are too many animes that I 'wish' were endless though. The biggest crime an anime production can commit is ENDING. Seriously. I could deal with 1800+ episodes of Code Geass any day. Plus, as long as they're still funny and Hayate finally gets with Katsura. =D Tell you what though, Death Note is the only series that needed to be cut in half to be good.
Old 2008-09-12, 09:01   Link #39
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
Don't worry: they will never end. One day, when the view-ratings drop below some other crap serie, they will simply stop making more episodes, leaving the ending somewhere in the limbo together with Ranma, Urutsei Yatsua, OMG, and so forth. You will never get to know what happened to the heroes.
There's only one series that breaks the bad tradition, which is One Piece.

For 10 years, it has been running strong and still going to become stronger. The story continues to have developments in character and plot, continues to surprise everyone each chapter and is continue to provide answers and new questions.

It is also a show that we have been promised an ending and that the ending has already been written.

Only thing is that Oda, the author said that he would end the story in 10 years, but now after 10 years, he said he has reached half of the story. Not that we are complaining the story is too long, we're glad that it has been so long.

This is one story where the characters of the show matures with the author and its audience. Its no longer just shounen, but went beyond that. We look forward to the ending but at the same time dread that it will all end.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 13:06   Link #40
Ending

Quote:
For 10 years, it has been running strong and still going to become stronger. The story continues to have developments in character and plot, continues to surprise everyone each chapter and is continue to provide answers and new questions.
Sure, that's what the alcoholists say: just one more bottle and I quit. Even if it's a bad one.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote