AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-04-07, 14:27   Link #21
J4n1

Vivi returns to the plot, sorta, this promises big things in the future.
New weapon for Nami.
And Luffy jumps of the elephant and everyone but Zoro panics.
Good chapter.

And as a minor interest, there were the teams, Luffy team and Zoro team, giving more room for theories of Zoro being the second in command of the Strawhats (if they ever bothered to make an organizational chart).
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 14:37   Link #22
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Huh, I'm a bit surprised so many people are expecting Vivi to appear at Sanji's wedding.... I kinda thought it was more clear that she's heading to the Reverie, as I said earlier. And I kinda doubt she currently has the time to make a detour, even if it's for the sake of her old companions.....
yea, there's no chance Vivi is going to the wedding. She wouldn't be leaving her home with a big smile to be attending a party held by a notoriously brutal emperor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
And as a minor interest, there were the teams, Luffy team and Zoro team, giving more room for theories of Zoro being the second in command of the Strawhats (if they ever bothered to make an organizational chart).
Maybe it's not in writing and never will be, but who else could be second if not Zoro? I get that the SHs are basically a team, but I think it's pretty established that if anyone, Zoro is Luffy's #1
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 14:38   Link #23
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Huh, I'm a bit surprised so many people are expecting Vivi to appear at Sanji's wedding.... I kinda thought it was more clear that she's heading to the Reverie, as I said earlier. And I kinda doubt she currently has the time to make a detour, even if it's for the sake of her old companions.....

That would be pretty interesting, especially when putting the potential conflict between the RA and Blackbeard pirates into consideration. And another funny coincidence to consider..... remember the previous Reverie I mentioned? The subject of debate at that time was.... none other than Dragon! So imagine how earth-shattering it would be for a war between the RA and one of the Yonkou to take place at the same time as this big meeting between kings.....
Yeah, if the Reverie happens at the same time as Dragon gather his RA Generals and Commanders which mean Dragon could move to the next phase of his operation itself.

Expecting more discussions not just dragon but also about the world and Luffy itself.

In the meantime we haven't see another Admiral yet so which mean there will be successor of Akainu as an Admiral while Aokiji already succeded by Fujitora.

I was wondering about Nekomamushi anyway, i was hoping he wouldn't find only Marco but top 5 Captains as well (Jozu and Vista)
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 14:48   Link #24
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

HA, every ones dream team of the fandom, Zoro / Law. I wonder who will be the male of the relationship, Law or Zoro? Yah know, the leader or second in command? I don't think either will follow orders from one another.

Wait, I'm confused. Is Nami / Brook and Chopper going on the rescue team? Oda didn't mention them in the groups.

Well, at least the plots going now. Wonder which arc will be first? Will Wano actually be on screen? Luffy's not in it after all, last time Sanji's team had important plots going on and none of it was shown on screen.

Over all, meh. Looking forward to either plot.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 15:29   Link #25
P_Dezz

I really don't get the importance of the Reverie. It's basically kings re-instating the obvious of what's happening. They're people that have no power or say outside of their kingdoms, and most of the time are subjected to the rules of the WG. The only thing I see is Oda introducing some very important government figure head, like Kong, or maybe the WG introducing some new plans they have.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 16:22   Link #26
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dezz View Post
I really don't get the importance of the Reverie. It's basically kings re-instating the obvious of what's happening. They're people that have no power or say outside of their kingdoms, and most of the time are subjected to the rules of the WG. The only thing I see is Oda introducing some very important government figure head, like Kong, or maybe the WG introducing some new plans they have.
No doubt Akainu will be there to have the Warlord system abolished and Vivi is bound to support it after Crocodile's tyranny.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 17:16   Link #27
marvelB

Quote:

Don't really see how a big meeting to discuss world events WOULDN'T be important, ESPECIALLY when it's between the WG member nations. That way they can discuss options to maintain stability around the world, and if there's one thing that the Gorousei (aka Five Elder Stars) have been shown to favor above anything else, it's maintaining the status quo. Notice that every time we've seen them was during some event that threatened the very balance they go to great lengths through to maintain (Ohara scholars, WB's death, Fujitora exposing the truth of the Dressrosa incident, etc.). So even if they are global dictators, it would be very unwise for them on their part to ignore the opinions/worries of their member nations, because.... well, gotta keep that stability in check!

And while on the subject of important figures being introduced, I'm really looking forward to seeing Oda reveal the king of Goa (Luffy's homeland). I mean, I doubt that it was just on a whim that Oda obscured the king's face when we saw him in Luffy's flashback. My guess is that Goa is one of the original 20 nations that took part in founding the WG in the first place, and like with the Riku dynasty in Dressrosa, the current king is a descendant of the "replacement" royal family that took the throne after the original family left for Mariejois. That may also explain why a world noble went to visit Goa in Luffy's flashback (he could have been the descendant of Goa's original royal family). And if Goa's king will appear at the Reverie..... I wonder if we'll hear from Sabo's horrible family of nobles as well (I'm particularly interested in seeing what became of that ugly brother of his, Stelly).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 19:30   Link #28
jordan_d_dragon

I am sorry when exactly the meeting of the kings or reverie ever be mention before and didnt alabasta royal family refuse to join world goverment 800 years ago . why wg want include them in meeting.this is years of sanji so everyone has to come
jordan_d_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 19:53   Link #29
P_Dezz

Quote:
Don't really see how a big meeting to discuss world events WOULDN'T be important, ESPECIALLY when it's between the WG member nations. That way they can discuss options to maintain stability around the world, and if there's one thing that the Gorousei (aka Five Elder Stars) have been shown to favor above anything else, it's maintaining the status quo. Notice that every time we've seen them was during some event that threatened the very balance they go to great lengths through to maintain (Ohara scholars, WB's death, Fujitora exposing the truth of the Dressrosa incident, etc.). So even if they are global dictators, it would be very unwise for them on their part to ignore the opinions/worries of their member nations, because.... well, gotta keep that stability in check!

And while on the subject of important figures being introduced, I'm really looking forward to seeing Oda reveal the king of Goa (Luffy's homeland). I mean, I doubt that it was just on a whim that Oda obscured the king's face when we saw him in Luffy's flashback. My guess is that Goa is one of the original 20 nations that took part in founding the WG in the first place, and like with the Riku dynasty in Dressrosa, the current king is a descendant of the "replacement" royal family that took the throne after the original family left for Mariejois. That may also explain why a world noble went to visit Goa in Luffy's flashback (he could have been the descendant of Goa's original royal family). And if Goa's king will appear at the Reverie..... I wonder if we'll hear from Sabo's horrible family of nobles as well (I'm particularly interested in seeing what became of that ugly brother of his, Stelly).....
Basically my point is the WG calls the shots, so that meeting is pretty much futile. Those nations can't fight what the WG mandates. To me the reverie, this time around is basically an important "announcement" meeting where the government, will tell the nations new rules that will take place. But they don't really need to meet, the WG could just have den den mushis distribute their message. On the subject of the Shichibukais being dismantled, there is only really one that is really going to suffer from this and that's Boa Hancock. The CD's will hunt her knowing she's an ex-slave, which could be another rescue arc for Luffy. The only Shichibukai that's a huge mystery is Mihawk, and what his purpose is.
Old 2016-04-07, 22:25   Link #30
jordan_d_dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan_d_dragon View Post
I am sorry when exactly the meeting of the kings or reverie ever be mention before and didnt alabasta royal family refuse to join world goverment 800 years ago . reveriewwgt wgclude them in meeting.this is years of sanjsanjianjiyone has haschas
just readreadingbalabsta arcin and ashaashamedelf.neftiry family did inviinvitedreverevhopeting.i just hope vivi will meet luffy and co
Old 2016-04-07, 22:40   Link #31
jordan_d_dragon

My computer kind a error at moment.just read alabasta arc again and ashamed myself,neftiry family did invited at reverie.you right vivi probably invited at reverie too mybe because i just wanted vivi to meet luffy again sory.
Old 2016-04-07, 23:12   Link #32
marvelB

Quote:
Basically my point is the WG calls the shots, so that meeting is pretty much futile. Those nations can't fight what the WG mandates.
I reeeeeaally doubt things are as simple as you're indicating. I mean, I know I even said myself that the WG is a global dictatorship, but it's not like they have absolute control over the entire world (otherwise, there wouldn't be countries that exist outside of their control like Wano or Zou). Basically, having near-total control over the world doesn't mean they shouldn't maintain good relations with their member nations. Because again, their biggest concern (at least as far as the elders are concerned) is maintaining the status quo. And they'd certainly fail in that task if any of their member nations oppose them, openly or not.

Quote:
To me the reverie, this time around is basically an important "announcement" meeting where the government, will tell the nations new rules that will take place. But they don't really need to meet, the WG could just have den den mushis distribute their message.

As I said above, we can't just assume the WG to have such simplified methods of handling political affairs. Even they need to handle certain situations delicately, or else they'll have hell to pay..... including from within. I mean, look at what happened when they covered up the mass jailbreak from Impel Down.... it resulted in a huge internal conflict within the marines that involved a fleet admiral stepping down from his position, and another admiral quitting after some more inner drama (and is even strongly implied to have partnered with the pirate who released the worst prisoners from that jailbreak). So I'm pretty sure the WG's top brass are aware that a mere phone call wouldn't properly convey whatever important decisions/announcements that need to be made. Getting opinions and input from the world's leaders in a big open event like the Reverie would be the best way for them to keep the stability in check with their member nations. And in case there ARE countries conspiring against them..... well, at least they'll have any their potential enemies all gathered in one place, yeah?

Quote:
On the subject of the Shichibukais being dismantled, there is only really one that is really going to suffer from this and that's Boa Hancock. The CD's will hunt her knowing she's an ex-slave, which could be another rescue arc for Luffy. The only Shichibukai that's a huge mystery is Mihawk, and what his purpose is.
Really, even Mihawk can't be fully trusted because we at least know he trained Zoro for two years. So it's not really surprising to see marines like Smoker and Fujitora would rather just do away with the whole Shichibukai system completely. And again, the Reverie would be a great time to discuss an alternative method of preserving the world's balance should the time come for one of its faulty pillars to be demolished.
Old 2016-04-08, 00:12   Link #33
itachi-san314

Quote:
And again, the Reverie would be a great time to discuss an alternative method of preserving the world's balance should the time come for one of its faulty pillars to be demolished.
The Warlords will probably be replaced by a new version of Pacifista robots, speaking of, I'd really like to get the full story on Kuma one of these days.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 01:16   Link #34
Ramero

We haven't even see who Vegapunk really is. Oda really likes to store some big guns in surprise which could told later.

Plenty of mysteries i say even Luffy will found One Piece and become a Pirate King. Even his fate and future was already foreseen yet there are many pieces that need to be established between the past and future.

That piece though was served as a mystery which we would like to know how Luffy will become a Pirate King throughout the puzzle pieces that was still under construction right now.
Old 2016-04-08, 09:44   Link #35
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan_d_dragon View Post
I am sorry when exactly the meeting of the kings or reverie ever be mention before and didnt alabasta royal family refuse to join world goverment 800 years ago . why wg want include them in meeting.this is years of sanji so everyone has to come
The Reverie was first mentioned during the drum kingdom arc. Dalton flashbacked years ago when he first met a very young princess vivi at the Reverie back when Wapol was still ruler of the drum kingdom. The only thing of note discussed at the meeting was about the rise of Dragon

Also you are mis-remembering what happened 800 years ago. The royal family of alabasta was one of the original 20 families that formed the world government 800 years ago; the same families that became the celstial dragons. However, unlike the other 19 families, Alabasta's royals decided to remain the rulers of alabasta and thus did not become celestial dragons.
Old 2016-04-08, 12:26   Link #36
marvelB

^You know, Slayerx's post just reminded me of another point to make about the Reverie: As a way for the member nations to keep good relations with each other. During that scene where those panels came from, Wapol had bullied Vivi after a disagreement he had with Cobra during the aforementioned debate about Dragon. And yet.... Vivi just shrugged the whole thing off with a smile. At that moment, Dalton instantly understood that she had a good grasp of politics, as showing face to Wapol despite the bullying prevented the possibility of both Alabasta and Drum going to war. So see, this goes back to what I've been saying about the Reverie being a good way to keep track of stability in the WG's member nations.

And actually.... the WG will need to keep a better watch than ever this time around, since the Neptune family from mermaid island should be attending the upcoming Reverie (recall that Otohime went through great lengths to see the fish-people represented there during Jinbei's flashback). I imagine tensions will be quite high when we get minority representatives added to the mix....
Old 2016-04-08, 13:08   Link #37
Ramero

Quote:
^You know, Slayerx's post just reminded me of another point to make about the Reverie: As a way for the member nations to keep good relations with each other. During that scene where those panels came from, Wapol had bullied Vivi after a disagreement he had with Cobra during the aforementioned debate about Dragon. And yet.... Vivi just shrugged the whole thing off with a smile. At that moment, Dalton instantly understood that she had a good grasp of politics, as showing face to Wapol despite the bullying prevented the possibility of both Alabasta and Drum going to war. So see, this goes back to what I've been saying about the Reverie being a good way to keep track of stability in the WG's member nations.

And actually.... the WG will need to keep a better watch than ever this time around, since the Neptune family from mermaid island should be attending the upcoming Reverie (recall that Otohime went through great lengths to see the fish-people represented there during Jinbei's flashback). I imagine tensions will be quite high when we get minority representatives added to the mix....
King Neptune could bring Jinbe as his honor guardsman Captain only for Reverie which can shock those that former Shicibukai was working under King Neptune right now. I can guess Wapol will introduce his Special Metal that was made by him (I forgot his devil fruit name) and reinforce the whole WG with that metal which Wapol once again will bully those who doesn't have it to buy the metal from him.

I think aside of Dragon, they could also discuss further about Straw Hats and conditions on New World. Wapol will be more likely return as a main antagonist and must be stopped or captured by RA.
Old 2016-04-08, 14:22   Link #38
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
King Neptune could bring Jinbe as his honor guardsman Captain only for Reverie which can shock those that former Shicibukai was working under King Neptune right now. I can guess Wapol will introduce his Special Metal that was made by him (I forgot his devil fruit name) and reinforce the whole WG with that metal which Wapol once again will bully those who doesn't have it to buy the metal from him.
There's no way that king Neptune would do that. Jinbe appearing in front of the government and the marines would be shocking as they view him as one of the people that was responsible for the Impel Down fiasco, and fought alongside Whitebeard, in the Summit War. King Neptune is trying to build relations, that most certainly would NOT look good for him.

Last edited by P_Dezz; 2016-04-08 at 14:24. Reason: f
Old 2016-04-08, 14:46   Link #39
marvelB

Honestly, I can't see Jinbei going to the Reverie in the first place not so much because of his criminal status, but because he already told Luffy and co. that he had business to take care of with Big Mom. That being said, rather than Vivi, I do fully expect to see our fish friend as a fellow wedding crasher at Whole Cake Island.
Old 2016-04-10, 21:12   Link #40
Mr. E

Quote:
You know a twist I would enjoy? If the king of Goa was a queen, and it was Luffy's mom, and she is the reason Dragon wants to destroy the World Government.
Mr. E is offline   Reply With Quote