AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-04-07, 17:05   Link #21
gibits
Endless

I don't mind the pace, since we just had to endure a horrible fight between Oro and Kybuui. Let Kishi set up for an even better fight, I'm looking forward to it.

I really hope Kabuto or Sai gets the axe in the next action sequence...... someone needs to die and no one deserves to die more than them (and the Uchiha brothers).
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 17:59   Link #22
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Thats right...i agree...this so called nonsense is to give a warmup for the great battles which are ahead.

Gaara chase and all over battles...then naruto back in town...talking talking..and kyuubi naruto again vs oro...and now back to talking
Old 2006-04-07, 18:44   Link #23
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

The only person who is going to die is Yamato:

- We don't know everything about Sai yet. Besides, he is still central in whatever it is Danzou is up to.
- We more or less know squat about Kabuto. We could learn 100 new things about him, yet he will remain as one of the most mysterious person in the entire series.
- We know everything about Yamato, and quite frankly there really isn't much less to learn.
- Kabuto is above Yamato and Sakura lvl so it is a disadvantage to them already.
- Yamato being left alive to go back and warn Tsunade about Root Anbu's plot could change the plotline Kishimoto has in mind.
Old 2006-04-07, 19:26   Link #24
Negs

tient. The chapter was fine, and things, though somewhat predictable, are very interesting. Let's see how this plays out (It's what we always do).
Negs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 19:39   Link #25
Ero-Senn1n

This seems a boring chapter. However it's interesting how easy Sai admitted the supposed crime, maybe he is lying once again and we don't know the real motives of Danzou yet. Danzou is too old to lead Konoha, so maybe he plans to give it to Oro? Oro always wanted to lead the strongest country before being chased away from the Konoha. In that case I don't think Orochimaru will take the title, simply because he fears the power of akatsuki and wants to hide from them. But Danzou should know that if he had any information from Jiraiya or Tsunade, and then he should know that Oro will never accept such a leading role. In that case Danzou maybe have other plans than leading Oro against Konoha.
The most interesting part is where Sai summons a secret book, he did that after team-Oro left, didn't want them to see it. It may be part of Danzou's real plan...
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 19:56   Link #26
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
The only person who is going to die is Yamato:

- We don't know everything about Sai yet. Besides, he is still central in whatever it is Danzou is up to.
- We more or less know squat about Kabuto. We could learn 100 new things about him, yet he will remain as one of the most mysterious person in the entire series.
- We know everything about Yamato, and quite frankly there really isn't much less to learn.
- Kabuto is above Yamato and Sakura lvl so it is a disadvantage to them already.
- Yamato being left alive to go back and warn Tsunade about Root Anbu's plot could change the plotline Kishimoto has in mind.
You have again started to present highly imaginative reasoning to eliminate a character. So, a (modified-)clone of a previous hokage's only mission is to unite with team 7 for a week or so and to bring them to the hideout of Orochimaru? Highly imperfect! Not even guaranteeing the main characters' escape.

Also, you are claiming Kabuto is above Yamato, but, with mokuten jutsu it is very difficult for Kabuto to come close to Yamato and using his close-range jutsus effectively. We have mostly observed Kabuto using close-range jutsus, so it migth be fair to claim that Kabuto is good in a close-range fight. Hence, in a fair match, I have to put Yamato above Kabuto. If strength is a measure to die, then Kabuto should die.

Also, knowing everything about a character or not knowing does not ensure your death or staying alive.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 20:43   Link #27
shaselai

its a long shot... but what if Kabuto is a spy for Konoha and he is worried that his face is in the anbu book thats why he is going to get it?
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 21:05   Link #28
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I don't think he's a spy for Konoha. I mean, c'mon, he asked for more 15 year old boys, and Oro's made sure his allegience stays with him. That, and it was Kabuto's choice.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 22:37   Link #29
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Does this mean Sasuke is going to attack Konoha?
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 00:25   Link #30
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

sasuke doing a dark chidori to kakashi....

maybe when oro invade konoha,AKatsuki was already inside waiting for him....
Justice Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 00:44   Link #31
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Time for Sai and Kabuto to die i think. But somehow to me Kabuto still looks liekt eh evil henchemen that comes abck years later after the master has been defeated to exact revenge. And he always way stronger and more twisted.
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 01:06   Link #32
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

I really like the current pace of Naruto. I´m one of those that don´t need fights all the time to enjoy watching/reading something.

I see I´m not the only one that wondered what the book Sai summoned is for. And the information Sai gave to Oro with the ANBU directly under the command of Tsunade. Is that what Kabuto is going back to get? Or did he forget something else?
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 09:59   Link #33
aceofhertz

My Thoughts...

I was ok with this chapter... neither really thrilled or disappointed.

1) I agree that the manga needs to move a little faster... the anime has to created 20-something fillers to let the manga get ahead, and this is what they're using the time for?

2) I don't think any character really needs to die, and I can't really see any dying. If Sakura hadn't read Sai's book, I might've been able to see Sai being killed in the upcoming fight, but too many of these characters have too great a back-story to really kill off right now. Sai has a past that we don't know of, as does Yamato, and Yamato has brought up the sealing of Naruto's kyubi-overflow... this in itself makes him worth his weight in gold. Kabuto, although probably one of the more annoying henchmen, has been with Orochimaru too long to be killed right now... and I think that through the whole manga, Kabuto has been linked to Kakashi... Orochimaru mentioning that Kabuto was on a level with Kakashi, Kabuto taunting Kakashi during the Konoha-crash, and Kakashi almost fierce with rage when Kabuto tucked tail and ran after the Konoha-crash failed. I almost see a final fight between these two.

3) I don't want to see team 7 re-united this quickly... I'm not saying I don't want to see Sasuke... cause I'm a huge Sasuke fan and I'm dying to see how he looks post-timeskip, but so much time and energy was spent in getting Sasuke away from Team 7, that I think a reunion this soon would just spoil a lot of the workings. Let this Danzou-Orochimaru-Tsunade angle play out, let Naruto learn to use his own Chakra, discover a little more about his past and learn some more of Yondaime's jutsus, and maybe even deal a little more with Akatsuki before we get right back on the Naruto-Sasuke-Sakura angle. If Team 7 is going to be re-united, it should be as a whole... which means Kakashi should be there as well... it would make for a much more emotional story... Kakashi was the one who taught Sasuke the chidori, which put Naruto out so Sasuke could get away to Orochimaru... Kakashi has probably been living with this for a long time and probably still has a lot of raw feelings about it.

4) I'm anxious to see how the Konoha-crash round 2 plays out. Orochimaru had an advantage over the third Hokage in age, but how would it play out if it was strictly Orochimaru vs Tsunade. Danzou, betraying Konoha, won't last too far into the crash, for karmatic reasons, at least I believe so. Will Akatsuki play a role in it? It would be beneficial to them to attack Naruto during the crash, as it's always been more beneficial to attack an enemy when their resources are stretched thin.

Overall, I'm excited to see how this progresses, but at the same time... it would be nice if the pace was just a little faster... we wait a whole week for a manga to come out, and sometimes I get a little disappointed when all we learn is that Kabuto deep down has self-esteem problems and that there is very little that Yamato's moku-jutsus can't do (pick-locks, tie up Naruto, build 5-star hotels).

Anyways, some will agree, some will disagree, but I still love the manga and I won't stop reading it just because it takes forever sometimes to get to the really juicy stuff.
aceofhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 10:05   Link #34
Ashura3

I'm really dissapointed not by the chapter itself, but by the chapter showing us that Naruto, while he may be more skilled in fighting, is still an idiot. Honestly, using Rasengan to blow up a boulder when they're trying to sneak in? And shouting in the middle of Orochimaru's hideout? I had much higher expectations than that.

Another thing I found ridiculous is that Yamato left the door open after team 7 walked in.
Ashura3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 11:27   Link #35
full_metal_sousuke

Send a message via AIM to full_metal_sousuke
hrmmmm..... i have nothing to say about this chapter except it could of had allitle action, at least Sai getting punched by naruto or sakura(again).
Old 2006-04-08, 11:38   Link #36
Blaine

I doubt kishi will kill anyone off, the only characters that have been killed are zabuza, haku and that old hag
Old 2006-04-08, 13:24   Link #37
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine
I doubt kishi will kill anyone off, the only characters that have been killed are zabuza, haku and that old hag
Also the 3rd and a bunch of Sound lackeys...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 13:42   Link #38
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin
Also the 3rd and a bunch of Sound lackeys...
And Hayate.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 14:55   Link #39
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
and random Sand and leaf nins in teh first atatke. And a bunch of random Sand nins in the akatsuki attake on Garra. The sound 4 and the 3 sound genins.
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 16:17   Link #40
ctown

I got a feeling that a huge fight is going to happen soon.

Sai is difinately going to died. The story is getting more interesting I just can't wait to see what Sasuke looks like.

Also After knowing that they copy Hokages such as Yamato is the clone of the 1st or the 2nd. I have a feeling that Naruto is the clone is the 4th. Some day I know that naruto will learn how to gain super speed and earn the same name as the 4th(yellow flash) I'm so sure of it
ctown is offline   Reply With Quote