AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-04, 03:42   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

But since the game is complete, I'm assuming that they are adding anime-original for a reason, and not just to waste episodes.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 05:17   Link #22
Mister Twit

Obviously that reason is to shoehorn an Edgeworth/Mitsurugi appearance in there even if they have to blatantly ignore established canon, so the level of waste is going to be measured in whether or not someone is okay with that and how well it's pulled off.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 06:08   Link #23
AntonKutovoi

But why anime original, though? They could've take that flashback case from Investigations.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-05, 04:27   Link #24
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
But since the game is complete, I'm assuming that they are adding anime-original for a reason, and not just to waste episodes.
The problem is that they should have actually used that time to animate the bonus case from the NDS instead.
Season 1s intro already showed that they are generally willing to adapt AA4(At least I remember a rather random Trucy in either the OP or ED once) and maybe even 5 and 6.

However if they want to do that they need to introduce a character Phoenix met right after his last Game 1 (bonus)case. (Imho the best mystery case in the entire series. )

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2018-11-05 at 04:40.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 17:15   Link #25
AntonKutovoi

->Next time a multi-episode filler

Huh?
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 22:06   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
->Next time a multi-episode filler

Huh?
So the next episode(s) is anime-original?
I mean, the Mitsurugi one was pretty good, so as long as it is good and doesn't result in skipping something really important... I guess.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2018-12-02, 15:53   Link #27
Mister Twit

In b4 the "mystery person" mentioned in the preview is Edgeworth in disguise

Also I'm really disappointed in Furio Tigre's portrayal in the anime. The other characters in this trial were spot-on (I had a good laugh at all the blatant Armstrong butt shots) but Tigre wasn't anywhere near as intimidating as he should have been. In fact he was downright pathetic.
Old 2018-12-03, 00:52   Link #28
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I don't remember a train case in the game, but interested to see what the story is about!
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 15:23   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

At first I thought the defendant had rigged the contest to get the Great Judgini on board, but it looks like that wasn't the case and he's only in the right car by coincidence. What was the plan if he wasn't?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 21:25   Link #30
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I just wish they hadn't made this minor screwup in one of the two subs, namely the phoenix one.
It gives you the impression the story is set in Japan (which is is for the original game) for Phoenix on the other hand it's set in L.A.

The only thing that saved that one is that there was a scene at the airport, which would however mean that they are atm in Japan where the International/Phoenix version of the Judge is just a tourist with no legal power at all...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-12-09, 00:12   Link #31
Mister Twit

Mildly amusing how the judge travels in his robes with his gavel, but then I guess if this had been a case in the game they probably wouldn't have changed there either so... points for accuracy?

Also just as I was thinking "wow an original anime episode without Edgeworth in it, maybe they really do have the capacity to ignore him" a teenage Edgeworth popped up in the next episode preview. lol
Old 2018-12-09, 20:52   Link #32
alex_drian

Oh, this remember me of that movie of the murder in the train of Hercule Poirot with Jonny Deep in it.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 21:30   Link #33
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Good (so far) anime-original are good things.

Not that it is ever an excuse or a ticket to free "good episode" judgement, but I hear that the person that worked on Ace Attorney also worked on the anime-original stories and that the manga is also doing this story.

Old 2018-12-16, 15:23   Link #34
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I just wish they hadn't dragged this case out over 3 episodes. That inevitably means that either the final arc or an in between with Godot will have to get cut short, and I'm saying this even though I'd prefer anime-original cases ONLY for the anime.

The final case is just one that shouldn't get cut short.

Old 2018-12-16, 22:11   Link #35
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I just wish they hadn't dragged this case out over 3 episodes. That inevitably means that either the final arc or an in between with Godot will have to get cut short, and I'm saying this even though I'd prefer anime-original cases ONLY for the anime.

The final case is just one that shouldn't get cut short.
mmm I don't know, I think they will have 12 whole episodes for the cases with the main plot of Trials and Tribulations. That are...3 cases? Is not a bad quantity assuming they manage it with utmost care.
Old 2018-12-16, 22:17   Link #36
alex_drian

Hey, is a good filler, I would wish Ace Attorney to be an anime of long duration +50 episodes like the Layton series that none discuss and almost none care but is pretty good. Only imagine it, the plot of the games in 50+ episodes, between episodes with Phoenix, Maya, sometimes Pearl, sometimes Edgeworth and even sometimes Franziska. Between serious and silly thing, a murder here and there.
Old 2018-12-18, 02:12   Link #37
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Filler or not, this mystery murder on the train is really spicing up! One of my gripes in our world is that they have not localized the Miles Edgeworth 2 game for outside of Japan. I'm still waiting for it Capcom!
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 16:58   Link #38
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
mmm I don't know, I think they will have 12 whole episodes for the cases with the main plot of Trials and Tribulations. That are...3 cases? Is not a bad quantity assuming they manage it with utmost care.
The problem isn't the amount of cases but how long they are. The final T&T case for example feels a lot longer than the previous ones and is moreover one you can easily screw up by leaving out details. Details such as a certain game mechanic involving locks

That's not all though, we get a lot of pretty much meaningless filler episodes, while one of the most awesome cases has yet to be animated (Game 1 Bonus case). Which is again a bit problematic because one of the characters in there will play a larger role in possible future seasons.
It's also really not a case they should rush either.

Old 2018-12-19, 18:04   Link #39
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The problem isn't the amount of cases but how long they are. The final T&T case for example feels a lot longer than the previous ones and is moreover one you can easily screw up by leaving out details. Details such as a certain game mechanic involving locks

That's not all though, we get a lot of pretty much meaningless filler episodes, while one of the most awesome cases has yet to be animated (Game 1 Bonus case). Which is again a bit problematic because one of the characters in there will play a larger role in possible future seasons.
It's also really not a case they should rush either.
I wonder if Bonus Case of Game 1 could fit in a movie. And for the last case I would give it...6 episodes, that should wrap it nicely.
Old 2018-12-22, 10:48   Link #40
foxbox360
New Age Badass

The filler is over and next time is the one hour episode of the first case in Trails and Tribulation.