Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-23, 00:40   Link #21
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Since when has any dubbing been any better than the original? I don't think anyone can replace Ayane Takaketsu's epic moe "NYAN!~".
Let's not do dub bashing even though the K-On dub wasn't to our tastes.

On another note, anyone going to watch Summer Wars? I know I will.
Old 2009-11-23, 02:18   Link #22
FateAnomaly

Went there on sat. Totally didn't expect the ticket queue to be so long, ended up missing 2/3 of the cosplay competition.

Tried out the weib schwarz cardgame. Its an anime based game by bushiroad. Seems interesting but its all in japanese.

Bandai had a big presence there with lots of gashapon machines, gundams figures and the battle spirit card game. None of which interest me though.

Over at the stormlion booth, the thing that caught my eye are unfortunately the show models rather than their products. But at least the promotion worked in some way.

The are also some somewhat of out place booth like the one that sells coffee and another than sells yogurt.

Wanted to try out the maid cafe but the queue is quite long. In the end my friends and I settled with just looking from the outside.
Old 2009-11-23, 02:23   Link #23
Ottocycle

A bit about the Hosoda panel before ANN comes up with one. He seems like a really awesome guy, from this little event.
Old 2009-11-23, 04:47   Link #24
klare

i was there for 2 full days

the concerts were great, the cosplayers were good, both live-dubbing of K-On and Weiss Survive were interesting and for the first time able to see how seiyuus work

i must say this about the Cosplay Competition: the WicthBlade duo should have won it

if anyone has a gallery online, pls add your link here, my camera not good...

looking forward for AFA 2010
Old 2009-11-23, 05:44   Link #25
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Don't have alot of photos, hopefully these will do.

Stage :

Yoshiki :

Spoiler for C.A performing karaoke xD:

Loot :

PRIZED LOOT (jealous anyone? ) :

Comparing last's year's loot, I bought much less this year because there wasn't much.

Comparison :

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-11-23, 09:10   Link #26
Peanutbutter

Un-tan?!?! Please jot my mind. Which episode was this?

And although I do wish the Haruhi movie can be brought over, but Kadokawa, sadly, doesn't have a presence here, afaik.

I'm willing to spend up to a hundred bucks to watch it on cinema screens here. It's still be cheaper flying to Japan and watching it there.
Old 2009-11-23, 10:11   Link #27
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Un-tan?!?! Please jot my mind. Which episode was this?

And although I do wish the Haruhi movie can be brought over, but Kadokawa, sadly, doesn't have a presence here, afaik.

I'm willing to spend up to a hundred bucks to watch it on cinema screens here. It's still be cheaper flying to Japan and watching it there.
I believe it was episode 1 with Yui in her castanets memory.

We already have several Kadokawa properties which have aired here. Not limited to the 2 Eva movies (if I remember correctly), TokiKake, and Summer Wars.
Old 2009-11-23, 10:45   Link #28
JokerD

1st up Moe Moe Kyun, German style!

Now that that's over with, the Regional Cosplay Contest:

The sides fell off the GUNDAM as soon as the cosplay started, but it got the champ anyway

Grand Prize presentation with Aniki going, O.o "It's a GUNDAM" lol

The judge of the Cosplay competition, Kaname:

His Cloud is quite good...

Weiss Schwarz Seiyuu Izmi Kitta and The Mash, plus Bushiroad president:

Hibiki Reine (Maria Sama ga Miteru light novels' illustrator), coming in for Inoue Language school:

Apparently she draws something for the people who sign up for the school

Aniki photo session (more like ambushed while walking and forced to take pictures with fans)

Swords for sale, random fact: they cost less on the 2nd day than on the 1st day

Mamoru Hosoda autograph session:

Random Cosplay:

Not a cosplay, it's Sanyo's rechargeable battery's mascort

Cosplayers singing

K-On cosplayer Lazy/Crazy Version, no Azunyan

Old 2009-11-23, 22:44   Link #29
Ottocycle

JokerD you have the most awesomest pictures. =3

The Aniki one was gold! And I didn't know about Hibiki Reine coming at all. Her illustrations look absolutely beautiful.
Old 2009-11-24, 01:28   Link #30
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Yes, i was on AFA'09 too...
I'm from Indonesia but after saving for one year, i can go to AFA'09...
It's fabolous...

I'll share my picture here too...
But need a little bit time sorting it and uploading it...
700++ pic with 200 blurred pic...

Does anyone have May'n or Yoshiki pic on AFA'09??

Btw, here is some pic i uploaded for my friend in Indonesia...
The most EPIC Figure Display @ Danny Choo / Tokyo Figure Show's Booth

The winner of Cosplay Competition being ambushed on 22 Nov 2009

Shoko-tan autograph session

More pic will be uploaded in 2 or 3 days...
Old 2009-11-24, 05:09   Link #31
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Yes, i was on AFA'09 too...
I'm from Indonesia but after saving for one year, i can go to AFA'09...
It's fabolous...

I'll share my picture here too...
But need a little bit time sorting it and uploading it...
700++ pic with 200 blurred pic...

Does anyone have May'n or Yoshiki pic on AFA'09??

Btw, here is some pic i uploaded for my friend in Indonesia...
The most EPIC Figure Display @ Danny Choo / Tokyo Figure Show's Booth

The winner of Cosplay Competition being ambushed on 22 Nov 2009

Shoko-tan autograph session

More pic will be uploaded in 2 or 3 days...
Save up for next year. Yoshiki is bringing his band over.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-11-24, 05:12   Link #32
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Save up for next year. Yoshiki is bringing his band over.
I'll rob a bank if JAM Project coming to S'pore...
Old 2009-11-24, 08:29   Link #33
klare

some pics of the cosplay

Old 2009-11-24, 09:00   Link #34
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

If we are lucky, we might see the K-ON! Seiyuus again.

Aki Toyosaki is currently doing Boobsmith and next year she will be doing Qwaser. If the anime performs well, we might hear her UN-TAN! UN-TAN! again.

Ayana Taketatsu (Azunyan) MIGHT be coming again too, under Kiss x Sis. But the organisers might run into trouble with the local authorities and religious extremist groups.

Looking forward to next year! If the Singapore Tourism Board had more brains than bureaucrats, they would have invited the following :

1. Mizuki Nana
2. Yui Horie
3. Kugimiya Rie (we risk Folsom Street Fair type fans, but ah well, what the heck!)
4. Tanaka Rie

If I am not wrong, RSAF will be phasing out their older inventory of A4SU Super Skyhawks or Northrop F5s soon after the F35 Lightning and additional F15-SGs arrive. They should repaint one of the old birds into a VF-25 and display it.

Old 2009-11-25, 00:18   Link #35
extra

So, any live song performance from K-ON seiyuus???????

It's too bad that Hikasa Yoko wasn't joined......
(why she didn't come? I wonder)

Without Mio Chan........ it is bad.....

(If they did live performance, which song they did???)

Last edited by extra; 2009-11-25 at 00:29.
Old 2009-11-25, 07:29   Link #36
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

No live performance. Just Q&A and some live voice acting.
Old 2009-11-25, 08:06   Link #37
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
If we are lucky, we might see the K-ON! Seiyuus again.

Aki Toyosaki is currently doing Boobsmith and next year she will be doing Qwaser. If the anime performs well, we might hear her UN-TAN! UN-TAN! again.

Ayana Taketatsu (Azunyan) MIGHT be coming again too, under Kiss x Sis. But the organisers might run into trouble with the local authorities and religious extremist groups.

Looking forward to next year! If the Singapore Tourism Board had more brains than bureaucrats, they would have invited the following :

1. Mizuki Nana
2. Yui Horie
3. Kugimiya Rie (we risk Folsom Street Fair type fans, but ah well, what the heck!)
4. Tanaka Rie

If I am not wrong, RSAF will be phasing out their older inventory of A4SU Super Skyhawks or Northrop F5s soon after the F35 Lightning and additional F15-SGs arrive. They should repaint one of the old birds into a VF-25 and display it.
In Singapore, they have extremist too?? I thought only in Indonesia that had extremist.

I hope that next year they invite Bakemonogatari's Seiyuu. But i bet that any seiyuu that get invited will depends on Animax to decide. CMIIW...

Anyway here is some of the photo

Duo Mobile Suit guarding Bandai's Booth

First day queue... I dont expect that there will this many people that attend AFA. Too bad my country dont host any festival like this.
Old 2009-11-25, 08:47   Link #38
Peanutbutter

I'll attend AFA only if I get to see the entire SOS Tokusentai (SOS-dan) in person.

I can only dream...
Old 2009-11-25, 23:26   Link #39
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
In Singapore, they have extremist too?? I thought only in Indonesia that had extremist.
Other than the JI cells, there are legit ones like a certain feminist group which made the headlines a few months ago. Due to the fact that religion does not have much impact on pragmatic societies, they often turn to slamming to prove their egomaniac causes and eventually become extremists.

Quote:
First day queue... I dont expect that there will this many people that attend AFA. Too bad my country dont host any festival like this.
From a business point of view, I believe it is the secularism of the society and the legal system that detracts business ventures like this. No offense, but I think your country needs to overhaul the anti-corruption system and scrap the sharia laws first.

Besides, when it comes to foreign investment, our government can suddenly cut all sorts of red tape to host this kind of festivals. I suspect the STB to be behind the larger part of this scheme.

Closed Thread