Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Now you know
I told you Crystal is a dick

Btw, what I hated most is the top comments
They are always :
1. Where's Jay?
2. Jay, save your boy!

I even thought of dropping this only for the sake of it's being infested by fujoshi
She really isn't likeable tbh. I just can't bring myself to like her. That prejudice she has against pretty/handsome people is annoying too because she doesn't even benefit from it as a character. She brushes off any attempts at being nice to or showing genuine concern for her as either "they're only doing this out of pity" or "they do this to put on a show, but laugh at me behind my back" or "this is a new form of bullying" (That last one made me facepalm btw).

It annoys me even more to know that because of the MC's infatuation with her, he can't see her bullshit and his feelings are gradually getting stronger.

Yea I noticed. The site that I use to read the manhua has a comment section and most of the comments on chapters are JaeSuk, Jay x Daniel OTP, etc... However, we can't really get mad at the fujoshi tho. We can only blame the author for including so much fujoshi bait to begin with. He doesn't even try to keep it subtle, it's painfully obvious that Jay is gay for the MC...
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-01, 21:53   Link #22
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I'm at the 100 chapter mark. Excluding the almost pointless fillers, from 80 to present, the most relevant arcs covered are the gambling, sports day and the talent agency arc is ongoing.

Sigh I don't think I've ever seen someone more weak-willed and stupid than Ji Ho. It really takes a lot of effort to make a character that unlikable. I can already tell that he's only going to keep getting worse going forward. With his current trajectory, while it wouldn't directly be his fault for why he'll go down a wrong path, I still can't make any excuses or feel any sympathy for him. He's responsible for his own actions and shortcomings. Getting led astray is nobody's fault, but his own. He possesses no will of his own and coupled with what is probably the largest inferiority complex I've ever seen from a character in any manga/manhua, that's quite an unenviable combination. I'd even go as far as saying that he'll deserve any misfortune that befalls him in future.The scum in this manhua are already unlikable enough, but when I say that I dislike Ji Ho more than them, you know I really have a problem with him. This isn't merely on the level of dislike, I borderline hate him as a character.

Anyway, beside the significant drop in my opinion of Ji Ho, my opinion of Crystal has improved just a little bit, but not to the extent that it's anything worth mentioning tbh. She still can't compete with Zoe imo and the more I read, the more apparent it becomes that the author is pushing hard MC x Crystal pairing... Aside from that, my overall opinions of other characters remain largely unchanged. We all know Vasco is the realest bro anyone can ask for, Zack is that one guy who's a bit of a bastard, but has his friends' backs when shit goes south, MC is still the ultimate support character, Zoe is still best girl, Jay is still best "girl", etc...

What bothers me aside from my usual complaint about the MC being neglected is that the fillers are starting to become more prominent. They start feeling like they aren't necessary or truly connected to the main plot threads of the story. As they are, you can cut out most of the fillers and their absence would pose no direct consequences to the story. That's how you can identify "bad" filler. "Good" filler will at least make the reader feel that it is important or necessary despite the fact that it really isn't.

Also, could someone tell my why I need to care about Aru's and Oliver's (the idol and idol trainee) relationship? I didn't get the memo.

My goal for tomorrow is to cover up to 120, maybe 130 if I really get into it.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2019-03-02, 15:04   Link #23
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Sigh I don't think I've ever seen someone more weak-willed and stupid than Ji Ho. It really takes a lot of effort to make a character that unlikable. I can already tell that he's only going to keep getting worse going forward. With his current trajectory, while it wouldn't directly be his fault for why he'll go down a wrong path, I still can't make any excuses or feel any sympathy for him. He's responsible for his own actions and shortcomings. Getting led astray is nobody's fault, but his own. He possesses no will of his own and coupled with what is probably the largest inferiority complex I've ever seen from a character in any manga/manhua, that's quite an unenviable combination. I'd even go as far as saying that he'll deserve any misfortune that befalls him in future.The scum in this manhua are already unlikable enough, but when I say that I dislike Ji Ho more than them, you know I really have a problem with him. This isn't merely on the level of dislike, I borderline hate him as a character.
You already hate Ji Ho in chapter 100. I just can say it will be worse.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-03, 02:57   Link #24
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Well I'm at chapter 120 now. Excluding fillers, the most relevant arc the story covers is the 2nd Stalker arc. I didn't think the author would go for another stalker arc and he even managed to up the creep factor with this one. This chick made Zoe's stalker look like a true gentleman. Shit actually unsettled me... I get that the antagonists are supposed to be the "bad guys", but do ya really have to go out of your way like that to make them as despicable or as creepy as humanly possible? This is overkill...

Aside from that, looks like the MC's old bully is going to transfer into his school. It's unfortunate, but the MC's suffering is gonna continue for awhile longer it seems. Oh well, at least I can look forward to MC getting some good character development because of this.

Zoe x MC are the perfect match. They have so much in common, they've both been stalked!! lmao

Lastly, my opinion of Crystal has improved again. I'm slowly being won over, but she still isn't dethroning Zoe as my best girl tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
You already hate Ji Ho in chapter 100. I just can say it will be worse.
Ah. So my precidction was right? Once I read the gambling arc, I could already tell that this is going to be a recurring theme with Ji Ho. He's going to keep getting into trouble because of his weak will and he's going to keep having to ask his friends to bail him out. I also noticed that he's easily influenced, so whoever the antagonists are in Ji Ho's future arcs, they will always leave an impression on him.

To neatly summarize what I'm trying to say: he's going to keep getting worse and when I say this, I don't just mean it from a reader's perspective. In-universe, he's going to change and for the worst at that. That's how I see it anyway. Am I on the right track?
Old 2019-03-03, 03:14   Link #25
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^I like Jiho's final transformation tho

Crystal won't ever surpass Zoe
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-03, 04:31   Link #26
Konja9

Quote:
Ah. So my precidction was right? Once I read the gambling arc, I could already tell that this is going to be a recurring theme with Ji Ho. He's going to keep getting into trouble because of his weak will and he's going to keep having to ask his friends to bail him out. I also noticed that he's easily influenced, so whoever the antagonists are in Ji Ho's future arcs, they will always leave an impression on him.

To neatly summarize what I'm trying to say: he's going to keep getting worse and when I say this, I don't just mean it from a reader's perspective. In-universe, he's going to change and for the worst at that. That's how I see it anyway. Am I on the right track?
Yeah. You're right.
Old 2019-03-03, 04:47   Link #27
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
^I like Jiho's final transformation tho

Crystal won't ever surpass Zoe
The fact that you like his final transformation already implies that it's going to be something really messed up. Your reputation precedes you. XD

Good to know that the best girl isn't getting overshadowed anytime soon. Idek why I like her so much, I just do. She better win in the end.

Quote:
Yeah. You're right.
Alright, noted. Also, going off the fact that Hentaiga likes Ji Ho's transformation, I already know it's gonna be something twisted. Let's see where this goes.

-----------
Anyway, the plan for today is to read up to chapter 140-150. I'll post my thoughts again afterwards.

Adios for now.
Old 2019-03-07, 21:53   Link #28
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Due to laziness and prioritizing other manga/manhua I was reading, it took a little longer than I initially expected to reach my goal this time. I'm finally at the 140 mark and Idek where to start.

Let's start off with my biggest peeve within these last 20 chapters. The author's trying his damn hardest to make Logan into the biggest bastard you'd ever see. This dude is fucking irredeemable tbh. His outlook on life is just flat out wrong. He doesn't discriminate, pretty much hits anyone if he gets even a little annoyed and lives for violence. It's even more frustrating to know that he's basically a jack of all trades type of fighter like MC. It's been implied that Vasco, Zack and Vin all wouldn't be able to beat him in a one on one situation because he possesses and blends together all of their strengths... I call BS on that one!! Hell, he even has an exclusive strength as well, which is his sturdy defense. The guy's literally a tank.

He makes my dislike of Jiho seem like a trifle tbh. I absolutely hate this guy and I hope he gets the ass-whooping of his life one of these days. I seriously wanna see someone "break" him, strip away his pride, confidence and arrogance. Let him truly taste a defeat he'll never truly recover from... Whoops! My darkness is showing. Plz give me a moment to just tuck it back into my pocket.

Btw, wtf was that sudden/radical transformation? This dude dropped seven weight classes in a single month... Meanwhile, I'm here struggling just to drop 5 lbs yo. The only positive thing I have to say about Logan is how meta he was when he saw Crystal. Dude straight up said she looks exactly like MC. lmao It's 10 times funnier because it's absolutely true.

Anyway, enough about Logan. That cult arc was kinda cringey tbh and because of said cringe, I failed to connect with that new character, Johan. If his mother's zealotry was something that was supposed to make you feel more sympathetic towards for him, then I'd say it had the opposite effect. Instead of feeling bad for them, there were some points where I actually laughed tbh... I blame it on the exaggerated way she was drawn and the exaggerated way the cult members were portrayed.

Sigh... Why is it that Zack still feels like he's the MC? Yes, he's one of my fave characters, but it's annoying how he gets much more exposure than the actual MC. I'm starting to feel as tho I know more about Zack as a character, his motivations and his behavior/personality than I do about Daniel.

Lastly, as much as I like Mira, I'm getting pretty tired of the "damsel in distress" role that apparently only she's allowed to play. She makes Daphne from Scooby-Doo seem competent...

--------
I think I'll post my thoughts at 20 chapter intervals from now on. It's easier to manage than trying to read more than that. So, I'll make my next post around chapter 160.
Old 2019-03-07, 22:48   Link #29
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^
- What Logan will end up be will disappoint you

- Other characters turn thin, beautiful, strong way faster than MC will ever be that you doubt the usefulness of Daniel's perfect body

- Pay attention to Johan, he will become a great character

- Don't expect anything from Mira, she will stay the same forever
Old 2019-03-08, 00:32   Link #30
Konja9

Quote:
He makes my dislike of Jiho seem like a trifle tbh.
You must wait to get to chapter 163, I'm sure your dislike toward Jiho will start coming back stronger from that chapter (and it will just keep growing).

Although I'm sure you will still dislike more Logan in the future too.
Old 2019-03-08, 02:25   Link #31
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
^
- What Logan will end up be will disappoint you

- Other characters turn thin, beautiful, strong way faster than MC will ever be that you doubt the usefulness of Daniel's perfect body

- Pay attention to Johan, he will become a great character

- Don't expect anything from Mira, she will stay the same forever
What I noticed is that MC's original body may actually have the potential to surpass his perfect body. He already has a copycat ability where he can perfectly replicate any abilities he's seen at least once. Additionally, his strength is hinted to be superior to his perfect body's as well, considering that Vasco actually needed to incapacitate him after taking a blow. His speed is already impressive, he just needs to develop his body and reflexes so that it can keep up with his speed. He's basically a natural genius at fighting and doesn't even realize it yet. (Whereas Vasco and Zack have already noticed it)

Anyway, I veered off the point I was trying to make there. What I'm saying is that I'd understand why his perfect body's usefulness gets called into question later on. As the original body starts to develop, the new body would eventually become inferior. Especially when we take into account that the new body already seems to have hit its level cap which was indicated by the fact that the state/condition it's in is never-changing.

Johan becomes a great character later on? Well then, I have something to look forward to. I didn't really have any expectations for him because like I previously said, I failed to connect with him because of how ridiculous the cult arc was in its execution.

I already know that I shouldn't have any expectations for Mira. This is all she'll ever really amount to and I know it. I'm just a little disappointed is all.

Quote:
You must wait to get to chapter 163, I'm sure your dislike toward Jiho will start coming back stronger from that chapter (and it will just keep growing).

Although I'm sure you will still dislike more Logan in the future too.
The fact that Jiho gets as bad as if not worse than Logan, quite frankly scares me. How does someone fall that deeply into darkness? If that's the case, I just might end up hating him more than Logan...
Old 2019-03-08, 06:52   Link #32
Konja9

Quote:
What I noticed is that MC's original body may actually have the potential to surpass his perfect body. He already has a copycat ability where he can perfectly replicate any abilities he's seen at least once. Additionally, his strength is hinted to be superior to his perfect body's as well, considering that Vasco actually needed to incapacitate him after taking a blow. His speed is already impressive, he just needs to develop his body and reflexes so that it can keep up with his speed. He's basically a natural genius at fighting and doesn't even realize it yet. (Whereas Vasco and Zack have already noticed it)

Anyway, I veered off the point I was trying to make there. What I'm saying is that I'd understand why his perfect body's usefulness gets called into question later on. As the original body starts to develop, the new body would eventually become inferior. Especially when we take into account that the new body already seems to have hit its level cap which was indicated by the fact that the state/condition it's in is never-changing.
I'm not sure if that the plan is the original body will overcome the perfection of the new body. It would take an etenity for this (it may be impossible). I think the plan it's more like MC needing to be stronger even in his original body (but not necessarilly overcome the new body).

So far, the usefulness of the new body hasn't been questioned. Some "problems" the new body will have are something the original body (even a more trained and stronger version) would have in the same situation too.

Last edited by Konja9; 2019-03-08 at 07:09.
Old 2019-03-08, 13:50   Link #33
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
I'm not sure if that the plan is the original body will overcome the perfection of the new body. It would take an etenity for this (it may be impossible). I think the plan it's more like MC needing to be stronger even in his original body (but not necessarilly overcome the new body).

So far, the usefulness of the new body hasn't been questioned. Some "problems" the new body will have are something the original body (even a more trained and stronger version) would have in the same situation too.
I'm honestly starting to think that the purpose of the perfect body is to highlight the differences between both bodies and motivate the original to start doing something with themselves. At the end of the day, the original body is your REAL body after all. I just look at the perfect body as a rental that both Crystal and Daniel will eventually either lose or willingly give up/return to whoever they got it from.

I mean, look at original Daniel, he's started working out and is trying to get fit because he understands what the perks are to having an attractive and beautiful body. People's views of of a person can drastically change based on appearance alone. I know that there are some lessons to be learned about "the beauty inside the person" etc... but Daniel already has that covered, so he only really needs to work on the body itself now.

Also, it's weirdly suspicious that the condition of the perfect body is never-changing. That implies that it can't develop any further than it already has. Hence why I described it as having reached its "level cap". I'm willing to bet that the original body may be able to surpass the perfect body at some point because it has already been hinted that the original body's raw physical strength may be greater than the perfect body's.
Old 2019-03-08, 21:04   Link #34
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Problem is Fat Daniel trains so hard yet his appearance don't change
While Logan for stupid reason instantly turned into ikemen
Old 2019-03-09, 12:07   Link #35
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

At the 160 mark now. That covers the picnic (amusement park), animal hoarder and Thanksgiving arcs.

Nothing really noteworthy to mention from the picnic arc aside from Crystal inquiring about whether Daniel has two bodies or not. I'd be able to take the arc a little more seriously if they weren't being comically interrupted every time they tried to address the matter... I'm not even gonna bother to mention the Potato High students. Why is filler so damn blatant and unapologetic in this story? Author doesn't even try to disguise or make it feel relevant.

Is it me or do the resolutions to some arcs not feel like resolutions at all? That animal hoarder practically walked away scot-free despite having mistreated and killed several animals up to that point. The really frustrating part is that it was implied that she'll do it again.

Now that Johan received a proper introduction, I can finally take him seriously now. Considering that he's the leader of one of the "Big 4 Crews", I'm assuming that he's stronger than MC atm. It'd be interesting to see them fight because MC's perfect body seems like it may have a slight advantage when it comes to physical ability (a direct strength comparison would be difficult to estimate, but MC is definitely faster and has more stamina), but Johan may have the edge by virtue of experience.

Thanksgiving arc was straight cringe from beginning to end. I'm not exaggerating, it was painful to read. I had to stop and take short breaks between chapters or else I'd just outright stop reading. I wish I could say I was joking, but I mean it when I say that this arc made me wince. Anyway, despite the fact that his cousins are super cringey, they aren't bad people, but the adults in his family are assholes tbh. I can see why he doesn't like going to visit them. Grandma is excused because she's senile, but the rest of them... sheesh.

His mom is also such a pushover... Look, I respect that she goes to such lengths for her son, but there are some things that she has no obligation to fulfill or are outright avoidable to begin with. She didn't need to be the only one cooking the food, she does it just because and that shit annoys me. That's not being humble, that's a defeatist mentality emphasized by idiocy.

Quote:
^Problem is Fat Daniel trains so hard yet his appearance don't change
While Logan for stupid reason instantly turned into ikemen
That's mostly because Logan's transformation was played for laughs. That whole chapter was filler and he went back to being fat in the following chapter.

------------------
Y'all know the drill. I'll post again after hitting 180.
Old 2019-03-09, 19:36   Link #36
Konja9

Quote:
Is it me or do the resolutions to some arcs not feel like resolutions at all? That animal hoarder practically walked away scot-free despite having mistreated and killed several animals up to that point. The really frustrating part is that it was implied that she'll do it again.
In the case of the animal hoarder arc, I think the frustration you feel at the end is the intention of the writer.

The writer wants you to feel how unfair the Korean law is in this regard.
Old 2019-03-09, 20:33   Link #37
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
In the case of the animal hoarder arc, I think the frustration you feel at the end is the intention of the writer.

The writer wants you to feel how unfair the Korean law is in this regard.
If that was intentional, kudos to him. It really did frustrate me.

Korea's animal laws must be really shitty if people can continually keep getting away with animal cruelty...
Old 2019-03-11, 23:57   Link #38
Konja9

Quote:
If that was intentional, kudos to him. It really did frustrate me.

Korea's animal laws must be really shitty if people can continually keep getting away with animal cruelty...
Korea's animal laws seem to be problematic. Animal abusers can avoid jail if they pay the fine (recently, it seems to be exceptions with some crimes). Also, they can have pets again, since the law does not prohibit it (if they abuse of animals again, there wouldn't be a higher punishment).

I'm pretty curious about your opinion for the future chapters, especially regarding Jiho.

Last edited by Konja9; 2019-03-12 at 06:56.
Old 2019-03-12, 11:57   Link #39
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Korea's animal laws seem to be problematic. Animal abusers can avoid jail if they pay the fine (recently, it seems to be exceptions with some crimes). Also, they can have pets again, since the law does not prohibit it (if they abuse of animals again, there wouldn't be a higher punishment).

I'm pretty curious about your opinion for the future chapters, especially regarding Jiho.
My country has shit animal laws too, but I've personally never seen anyone mistreat animals like that. The most we'll do is punish our pets with a couple slaps on the backside (which can be for a number of reasons. For me, I'd punish my dogs when they figure out how to get outside and proceed to harass people in the streets... Every time I try to seal off their method of escaping our yard, they figure out another way to do it, so it's a problem I've been dealing with for years at this point. The simple alternative is to put them in pens or on leashes, but I don't like how that restricts their freedom), but that's about it. I've never seen outright animal abuse.

It'll take a few days for me to cover the next 20 chapters. I'm not only reading Lookism atm. I'm juggling about 3-4 manga and watching a couple anime as well. I've only read two chapters since my last post, but yea, you can definitely expect me to make a post when I do cover those remaining 18 chapters.
Old 2019-03-12, 12:26   Link #40
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Jacedaichi is the best arc ever

Tags
comedy, fighting, romance, school life