AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-02-02, 02:45   Link #21
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Interestingly, the AV is made closely to the original which makes it very funny. It's like watching a badly-written skit, with ugly looking guys pretending to be teenagers. Like I said, otakus are suckers - they'll spend cash on a whim. Besides, Hahiru's DVD sold out in Akiba, and the AV actress Kousaka Yuri even held an autograph session there! www

Just to add, to those who were thinking, "How bad can it be?", here is a (mostly work safe) commentary with selective screenshots on the Hahiru's DVD.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 20:44   Link #22
piccu

I have a question:
Is there a specific term for male "tsundere" characters like Wolfram in Kyou Kara Maou? As far as I know tsundere is only used to describe female characters.
piccu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 21:04   Link #23
wao
OK.

Actually to my knowledge even female anime fans/fujoshi/whatever call males like that tsundere as well. I've seen it around.
Old 2007-02-08, 12:01   Link #24
Question
Crossdresser

Is it true that tsundere is pronounced as TSUN-DAY-RAY?
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 00:33   Link #25
wao
OK.

Yeah, something like that... Tsun-day-ray. Except you don't lengthen the day or the ray.
Old 2007-02-18, 23:04   Link #26
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
Is it true that tsundere is pronounced as TSUN-DAY-RAY?
Kind of. More emphasis is placed on "tsun" though, so the "dere" part isn't as pronounced ("dere" sounds like "day-lay" pronounced fast).
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 23:26   Link #27
luna621

Anyone know what 蛍ピン (keipin) means? This is the sentence I found it in: 全頁蛍ピン入りフルカラーにて酒池肉林がくり広げんられる!! (zenpeiji keipin iri FULL COLOR nite shucchinikurin ga kurihirokenrareru). Thank you!
luna621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 06:54   Link #28
wao
OK.

蛍ピン = 蛍光ピンク = flourescent pink

If I'm not wrong.
Old 2007-02-25, 08:39   Link #29
luna621

Thanks wao! Is it like some kind of fetish like "moe"? What would that sentence translate to? Something like: And there's a whole page that can open out to a full color sumptuous flourescent pink feast!!
Old 2007-02-25, 10:26   Link #30
wao
OK.

I'm not really sure, but my guess is that it's talking about the printing of a book and there'll be sumptuous full colour printing as well as... flourescent pink? I honestly don't know if it's some sort of fetish, but I sure as heck hope the text in that book isn't flourescent pink...
Old 2007-02-25, 22:10   Link #31
luna621

Haha, thanks!
Old 2007-04-12, 22:48   Link #32
Mr Chow
YO! Where's the food at?
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Mr Chow
Thank you for clearing up alot of misconceptions that I had in my misunderstandings of all things anime, and why characters are drawn in such a way, though I still thought they looked damn too sexy while kicking some poor saps ass!! Very lengthy in explanation but I wish my understanding of your language was better, but none the less thank you and I wish you all the best for the future.

Ka kite
Mr Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 00:43   Link #33
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
is there such a term for meganeko+big breasts? is it actually a type or anything? it must be, coz one thing i've noticed thats very common in a lot of anime series is that the glasses girl, very often, has the biggest boobs out of the female cast.

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2007-04-19 at 21:07.
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 23:26   Link #34
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
Quote:
Originally Posted by piccu View Post
I have a question:
Is there a specific term for male "tsundere" characters like Wolfram in Kyou Kara Maou? As far as I know tsundere is only used to describe female characters.
I was wondering that too. I was on Mixi and typed in Tsundere and came across a community of 8,000+ fans of male tsundere, so yeah, as was said before, it seems they're just called male tsunderes (and I adore them!) ^-^

Thanks, kj and wao and all for posting this thread, it really helps clear a lot of things up. I don't know if this is the appropriate thread, but since it does seem closely linked with otaku culture, can someone post info about the Doujin Circles, better explain what they are, and that culture? Is it more often just fan works and the original stuff is rare? It really seems like something that's more supported in Japan than abroad, to see groups like 07th Expansion and TYPE-MOON see such success.
harukamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 14:28   Link #35
Dandruff
Flakey

Okay, I gotta know, but 'gar' some new slang term or something? Is it supposed to be like the "male equivalent" to 'moe'? I need all the clarification with this one since it's driving me nuts xD
Dandruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 14:45   Link #36
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
4channer wanted to say that he's "so gay for Archer", but mistyped it as "gar". That's it, as far as I know.
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 15:31   Link #37
Hahiru

Hope this is the right thread to ask this...

I got an account on nico nico douga recently. For the most part I don't understand anything that flashes across since my Japanese is minimal, but occasionally I see the word 'zip' appear and also 'sugeee' (some form of sugoi=cool?). Does the word 'zip' have some meaning in otakudom?

Also, what does having multiple hiragana 'a' stringed together mean?

Thanks.
Hahiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 15:09   Link #38
wao
OK.

If you see something ilke zipでくれ or something along those lines, that means "give this in a zip file" - usually referring to the pictures (if its one of those videos full of still pictures that are played for a few seconds) or music (if it's got good music or something).

As for sugee (すげええええ or すげーーー etc.) that is indeed "sugoi", just a more informal way of saying it I think. I don't know what sort of transformation/conjugation/whatever-the-heck it's called, but it's just like how "osoi" (late) becomes "osee", "dasai" (uncool) becomes "dasee", "uzai/urusai" becomes "uzee/urusee", "kowai" becomes "koeee" (you see this a lot on some vids there.)

Having multiple hiragana a is, uh, what you'd get if you put lots of English "a"s together - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Same thing really.

I love niconico douga! One of the things you'll see there is this vocabulary "弾幕" - don't ask me about the etymology of the word, probably has something to do with them Touhou games or something - which, if I am not mistaken, refers to comment spam all in one go at some particular point such that the ocmments might even fill the entire screen. Those "classic" favourites with tons of comments would have that (like Let's Go! Onmyouji, that Okkusenman! thing, Konaaaaaaayukiiiiii, Marisa wa taihen na mono wo nusundekimashita etc. etc.)

Having those comments appear as you watch the show is one of the best bits about niconico, but the sad thing is if you're watching a sequence-story sort o thing it can be easily abused (people can spoil you early on; of cousre you can choose not to see the comments but then you miss out on enjoying other peoples' reactions).
Old 2007-05-20, 18:01   Link #39
Hahiru

Thanks for answering, wao! I guess the answers to my questions were much more obvious than I thought. I very much enjoy Nico Nico Douga too. It's part of my daily ritual to browse it for about an hour before I go to bed.

I never found Let's Go! Onmyouji to be that funny .. not familiar with song or the game source materials.

I wish there were more coverage of street akiba acts. Found this AKB48-like gem the other day. They look quite polished other than the lack of mics for everyone. wwwww Wish I knew what ppl were writing about them.
Hahiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 23:01   Link #40
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahiru View Post
...I wish there were more coverage of street akiba acts. Found this AKB48-like gem the other day. They look quite polished other than the lack of mics for everyone. wwwww Wish I knew what ppl were writing about them.
Thanks for that great little street moment. They're better than some professionals, it seems to me. The reaction was mixed, but lots of people said they sang well: pretty good, not bad, good singing, cute, ugly, the crowd was awful, is that Hokkaido?, I'm looking for the zettai ryouiki, is that a new idol unit?, they'd do better if they took their clothes off, they sing really well, they're not cute, they have sexy eyes, like a school festival performance, they should try for a more adult look, etc., etc.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote