AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-14, 08:05   Link #21
Reikokuna

Looks like they improved their Datingsystem and stuff, hopefully in a good way.

Is tides of destiny and frontier somehow linked together?
Old 2011-09-08, 21:58   Link #22
Xacual

So I lost track of when this was coming out so I was pleasantly surprised to find out it's only 19ish days away and it's only $40 for the Wii.

This will make my Sept / Oct way better.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 22:12   Link #23
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikokuna View Post
Looks like they improved their Datingsystem and stuff, hopefully in a good way.

Is tides of destiny and frontier somehow linked together?
Not really, although I hear that Annette makes a cameo appearance delivering mail.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 22:12   Link #24
AnimeFangirl

I hear farming has been dumbed way down in this game. You just wave a wand and everything happens.
Old 2011-09-10, 12:49   Link #25
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
I hear farming has been dumbed way down in this game. You just wave a wand and everything happens.
Yeah it is, the focus has been placed on combat over farming this time. Which is fine by me.
Old 2011-09-10, 13:13   Link #26
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Yeah it is, the focus has been placed on combat over farming this time. Which is fine by me.
same here, farming isnt insanely difficult anyways. kind of a waste of time in most, where you cant even move and water at the same time, making you stop, aim, pour for 5seconds then move to the next SQUARE
Old 2011-09-12, 22:06   Link #27
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Seems like they simplified controls and it isn't a bad thing. Streamlining the experience is always good, and it seems like they've achieved that with Tides.

As for linkage, other than a few cameos I think one would consider this more of a spinoff since RF4 should have the last dragon in succession to the last few games.

>Released the same day as Atelier Totori
Dammit, why couldn't it have been last month? :V
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 00:04   Link #28
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Its all about he girls for me in HM series
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 23:54   Link #29
Xacual

The date for the game has been moved back to Oct 31 according to my amazon order which means I won't be seeing the game until first to second week of November. Really disappointed about this since I was planning to play it through Oct.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-09-20, 00:02   Link #30
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Something to play over the holidays... Odette here I come!
Old 2011-09-22, 09:24   Link #31
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Their Twitter says October 11. Being from the pre-order crowd it pisses me off to no end. I don't think their reason "everyone is releasing games" justifies this. Everyone and their grandma releases games in the last quarter and that's the way it's always been. What I'm thinking is the actual situation is something like Nintendo is pushing more units for their 3DS titles come the 3rd quarter especially for the holidays. Natsume would have prioritized Two Towns 3DS' production and as a result ate into this thing's schedule.

Or they thought a consolidated release would lead to better exposure for the publisher at retailers. I have these suspicions since October 11 is also the same day Twin Towns 3DS comes out. This is a bit of a gamble and I don't think this would help them in the same release windows as Dark Souls, Ace Combat, Akham City, RDR GOTY, etc.

tl;dr This upsets me. I guess I will go out and buy Totori after all.

Last edited by fict_ticious; 2011-09-22 at 09:37.
Old 2011-09-22, 12:45   Link #32
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Their Twitter says October 11. Being from the pre-order crowd it pisses me off to no end. I don't think their reason "everyone is releasing games" justifies this. Everyone and their grandma releases games in the last quarter and that's the way it's always been. What I'm thinking is the actual situation is something like Nintendo is pushing more units for their 3DS titles come the 3rd quarter especially for the holidays. Natsume would have prioritized Two Towns 3DS' production and as a result ate into this thing's schedule.

Or they thought a consolidated release would lead to better exposure for the publisher at retailers. I have these suspicions since October 11 is also the same day Twin Towns 3DS comes out. This is a bit of a gamble and I don't think this would help them in the same release windows as Dark Souls, Ace Combat, Akham City, RDR GOTY, etc.

After reading this I checked my order date and I still have Oct 31 according to amazon but when I go to amazon I don't even see the game in their database anymore.

Old 2011-09-22, 13:00   Link #33
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post

Its for the holiday season, there are two prime times to sell games right before summer and right before winter. Its when people have expendable cash.
Old 2011-09-22, 13:18   Link #34
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I don't think people have as much expendable cash as they did in recent years so I would rephrase that as "more willing consumers". Still not a good reason to delay if that's the way it has always been.
Old 2011-09-22, 17:24   Link #35
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Natsume probably needs more times to insert typos in their localisation.
Old 2011-10-24, 14:44   Link #36
Xacual

So did no one buy the game? Got my copy last Thursday and been putting a lot of time into it. The farming scene is quite different and I'm not sure whether or not I like it. It's definitely easier but it's also more time consuming in my opinion because even with a harvesting monster I still have to check each island multiple times a day it seems. Finding monsters that have the crops / ore you need is a little annoying too. I'm pretty much just taming any new monster i see then checking it in the barn before i keep it or get rid of it. I'll probably get rid of some of my producing monsters because I really don't need anymore Small Fleece or Bird Feathers. I have so much iron and bronze from my troll and ghost that I'm basically just selling it off at this point. Got to get my scorpion up in hearts so it will start giving me gold.

Other than that, I like the characters though Pandora, Mikoto and Odette are my favorites at the moment. Pandora's crazy world domination schemes are amusing, not to mention the fact that she turned herself to stone. Mikoto is really serious which makes her scenes like being afraid of the water because she can't swim even funnier. I'm not sure why I like Odette but she's my third place pick at the moment.

Old 2011-10-24, 16:16   Link #37
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
So did no one buy the game? Got my copy last Thursday and been putting a lot of time into it. The farming scene is quite different and I'm not sure whether or not I like it. It's definitely easier but it's also more time consuming in my opinion because even with a harvesting monster I still have to check each island multiple times a day it seems. Finding monsters that have the crops / ore you need is a little annoying too. I'm pretty much just taming any new monster i see then checking it in the barn before i keep it or get rid of it. I'll probably get rid of some of my producing monsters because I really don't need anymore Small Fleece or Bird Feathers. I have so much iron and bronze from my troll and ghost that I'm basically just selling it off at this point. Got to get my scorpion up in hearts so it will start giving me gold.

Other than that, I like the characters though Pandora, Mikoto and Odette are my favorites at the moment. Pandora's crazy world domination schemes are amusing, not to mention the fact that she turned herself to stone. Mikoto is really serious which makes her scenes like being afraid of the water because she can't swim even funnier. I'm not sure why I like Odette but she's my third place pick at the moment.
I think its the fact that she doesn't want to be seen in a swim suit because she's tryin to make everyone thing she's a boy.
Old 2011-10-24, 17:23   Link #38
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I think its the fact that she doesn't want to be seen in a swim suit because she's tryin to make everyone thing she's a boy.
Nah she admits to not being able to swim during one of her friendship events.

Old 2011-10-24, 22:45   Link #39
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh, well both if you look at it from the point that they think she's a he.
Old 2011-10-25, 02:22   Link #40
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

@Xacual:
Bought it but juggling RL and 4 video games is a little difficult :V
Been getting my ass kicked in Dark Souls a lot so I started playing.
Points to ponder:
- Wii graphics! But it's nice and vibrant looking so it gets a pass. Bought it for PS3, btw.
- Camera controls are shit. I know the standard they developed for was Wii and that thing lacks a right stick, but ffs, camera control on the ps3's right stick please! Knocking could have been one of the many redundant buttons on the ps3 control scheme instead.
- HUD at first I thought was kinda noisy, but when you're switching between games it's actually pretty helpful :V
- Everyone on the island seems really okay with a girl being trapped in a dude's body. Almost TOO okay. As if they were expecting us all along...
- Farming less annoying but monster hunting more so.
- I tame every new bugger I come across. I also do a lot of releasing :V
- Monster AI is really inconsistent. They range from really passive to slapping your shit when the spawner decides all elephants and orcs.
- Do you guys bring monsters along with you? They useful?
- Even for those who aren't doing much producing/crafting, there are waaaay too many things to exploit in order to make money. Be creative and don't be afraid of being a dick (lol, haggling).
- Love the character interaction. My favorite so far was probably the trial of nerve. Having events where multiple game characters interact is quite fun and I hope there are a lot more of these.
- Level up cooking and crafting ASAP. If Sierra has weapon sale on the request board, grab it.
- Damn, some of these villagers have some expensive tastes.

So far my favorite characters are Odette, Sierra, Lily, and Mikoto. Odette gets me free meals, Sierra's got sex appeal, and Lily has some funny requests/events. I was quite mad when I saw Lily's swimsuit - it does nothing to emphasize her assets! Going to try the Mikoto route and her favorite stuff is easy to come by (fried fish/squid).