Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-03, 02:11   Link #21
xMythycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I would recommend Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (Wii) and Path of Radiance (GCN), if your Wii support Gamecube games. Both games have aged well and are challenging, especially Radiant Dawn. The FMV were done by production I.G. and still looks amazing.
Here is the thing, if your wii can play gamecube games there are some really good rpgs on it, like baten kaitos, skies of arcadia, tales of symphonia and paper mario.

Well the NDS and PSP were overloaded with various different JRPG and so many good ones to choose from. You have ports, sequels and experimental stuff.
The one game that sticks out is probably The World Ends with You, why because it was something new and is still unique. I can highly recommend it.

Let see PS3. Valkyria Chronicles is the one I would recommended. It plays like the original X-Com games but with a japanese touch, streamlined in some areas and expanded in others. IIRC it had dual audio track, japanese and english, which is probably worth mentioning.
Yakuza 3&4 are really good as well, but it is more like adventure game with RPG elements.
Resonance of Fate (PS3&360) also is a nice title with a fun battle system.

PS2 well too many to pick from.. grab what you can get?
Wow... You guys are giving me a really hard time choosing
First of all, yes my Wii plays gc games and yes, I have a gc controller so those games arent out of the question.
I think I'm going to end up with one game for my 3DS and one for one of my consoles, what two games would you recommend. Ohh and leave ps2 out of there, cuz those games are so cheap I'll buy a few of them anyways

Add my 3DS: 2793 - 1012 - 8861
Old 2012-02-03, 03:01   Link #22
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

If you are looking for a good Gamecube JRPG for your Wii, then I highly recommend Skies of Arcadia Legends. It's beginner friendly but a lot of fun. Indeed it remains one of the best JRPGs on any system, in my opinion. You may find it easier/cheaper to get Xenoblade Chronicles instead, which is a fine choice though XD

As for the PS2, well there's so many to choose from. Sadly as you are PAL region, you miss out on a few good ones (Xenosaga, Suikoden 3, Radiata Stories etc) but there are still boatloads out there at very reasonable prices. Perhaps you might enjoy;
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmaria - fast paced and cinematic free flowing battles, very in-depth storyline with a lot of characters to recruit, artistically impressive
Legaia 2: Dual Saga - custom attack battle system (very, very good), nice characters, nice music, nice plot, nice price.
Grandia 2 - This one is just a lot of fun, highly recommended JRPG with an epic score.
There's plenty more, but I see you have a tough enough time deciding anyway XD
Old 2012-02-03, 09:25   Link #23
xMythycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
If you are looking for a good Gamecube JRPG for your Wii, then I highly recommend Skies of Arcadia Legends. It's beginner friendly but a lot of fun. Indeed it remains one of the best JRPGs on any system, in my opinion. You may find it easier/cheaper to get Xenoblade Chronicles instead, which is a fine choice though XD

As for the PS2, well there's so many to choose from. Sadly as you are PAL region, you miss out on a few good ones (Xenosaga, Suikoden 3, Radiata Stories etc) but there are still boatloads out there at very reasonable prices. Perhaps you might enjoy;
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmaria - fast paced and cinematic free flowing battles, very in-depth storyline with a lot of characters to recruit, artistically impressive
Legaia 2: Dual Saga - custom attack battle system (very, very good), nice characters, nice music, nice plot, nice price.
Grandia 2 - This one is just a lot of fun, highly recommended JRPG with an epic score.
There's plenty more, but I see you have a tough enough time deciding anyway XD
I'm sure having a tough time, but you guys certainly are a big help. Too bad the Ps2 is actually region locked (although that does make the choice easier )

The problem with choosing JRPG's while just getting into the whole genre is that there's such a massive amount of different games and things that differs between them (strategic, turn based, stories, music etc.). This makes it really really hard to "just" choose one and start playing.
Right now I'm even thinking about buying a few games all with a different approach to combining all the elements, and then just decide on what I like the most. Even then this seems to be pretty much impossible...

Add my 3DS: 2793 - 1012 - 8861
Old 2012-02-03, 10:41   Link #24
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMythycle View Post
I think I'm going to end up with one game for my 3DS and one for one of my consoles, what two games would you recommend.
I would say Xenoblade and The World Ends with You (NDS, since the 3ds doesn't really has anything unless you have a japanese console).
Xenoblade because it is really enjoyable, the effort that the coders put into it is amazing. It is a known fact that the Wii has its limitations but they way monolith soft worked around it, shows what one can do with limited resources. Probably the most complete JRPG I had played in ages. Soundtrack is amazing as well.
The World Ends with You, is one of those games that made its stamp in a gaming generation. It tried something new and personally I think they did succeed. The mechanics of the battle system on paper it sound like weird, but once you played it yourself It works. Combined this with classy sprites graphics and amazing soundtrack it is a winner for me.
Both games should now be easy to get in europe. Other games I have in mind are probably hard to get and some people probably would try to overcharge you/people for their used copies.
Closed Thread

Tags
3ds, game, rpg, wii, zelda