AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-17, 23:30   Link #21
Shenlong

I see a double standard here, its ok for the bf to start sleeping around after a year or two but the friend can't.. women use odd logic lol It takes two to bump and grind unless you want to claim that mitsuki raped takayuki
Old 2003-11-17, 23:48   Link #22
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

If the bf started it, he's guilty. If the friend started it (and with her friend's bf), that's even more guilty since she was the third party and the friend factor.

Grifis
Old 2003-11-17, 23:56   Link #23
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-10A
I agree Mitsuki is such a bitch..... stealing a bf off your best friend when she is in como isn't much of a friend...... that low life Hooker can't even get her own bf..... if she really like that guy why didn't she not introduce Hakura to him the first place.....
Umm... Get your facts straight man, Haruka knew and liked Takayuki before Mitsuki did, Mitsuki only became Takayuki's friend to help Haruka out and THEN she fell in love with him. So she did like the guy but couldn't betray her friend by grabbing him away from her you know... And weren't you watching the show? Tons of people asked her out and she turned them all down because she was only interested in Takayuki? How's that like a low life Hooker?

Still, I think Mitsuki is going a bit off the edge with her jealousy. But still, it's just her character.
Old 2003-11-17, 23:59   Link #24
P1RO N1NJ4

Send a message via AIM to P1RO N1NJ4
I'm all for the faithfulness thing but I dunno if many of would wait 3, 4, maybe 10 years for someone to wake up, even if they wanted to. I think it would be a terrible thing not to get on with your life. Now that she's up, he needs to be a man and choose between the two and not leave them hanging like that. I think that's what I don't like about Takayuki. Other than that, he's just a normal guy looking for a normal life who got caught up in a really bad situation.
Old 2003-11-18, 00:06   Link #25
dot_rain
yay yay ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1RO N1NJ4
I don't think Mitsuki's a bad person and I think the only reason she and Takayuki got together was because they didn't think Haruka was going to wake up. If I was in Takayuki's shoe's I would've probably done the same thing. On the other hand I was really wanting Takayuki and Haruka to get together. I would be just as confused as Takayuki is now.
you are darm right
Old 2003-11-18, 03:47   Link #26
TheBlueOne
Da da da di da da da

Question And what would that be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Another rant on how a Japanese mind of watching this anime differs with a gaijin watching this anime...
When you get 20 people together (at least any 20 Americans I've met) and ask them about a certain topic, you'll get 25 different answers and everybody will argue, form factions, defend their viewpoints to the death, et cetera.

That being said, Is it safe to infer from your above statement that there is one true Japanese way of viewing Kiminozo? What is it? And even if there isn't, would you please post your thoughts on the current events for us to get a little bit of an insight into what a more Japanese interpretation would be?
Old 2003-11-18, 07:44   Link #27
Zoya
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
I'm all for the faithfulness thing but I dunno if many of would wait 3, 4, maybe 10 years for someone to wake up, even if they wanted to. I think it would be a terrible thing not to get on with your life. Now that she's up, he needs to be a man and choose between the two and not leave them hanging like that. I think that's what I don't like about Takayuki. Other than that, he's just a normal guy looking for a normal life who got caught up in a really bad situation.
I have to agree with your take on the faithfulness issue. I think it might be different if it was a married couple, but Takayuki and Haruka hadn't been together very long at all. Perhaps it is different in Japan, but from my experience, most highschool romances don't last very long. They had a relationship, but it wasn't built on years of mutual companionship. It had barely existed at all. Mitsuki stands aside for quite a while, watching Takayuki suffer, and doesn't trip him up until after Haruka's parents have told him not to come back. People seem to be very self-righteous about how the relationship between Takayuki and Mitsuki finally materialized while overlooking the fact that Mitsuki's love probably saved Takayuki from going over the edge.
Old 2003-11-18, 11:28   Link #28
musouka

I'm not self righteous just because I feel she went around it the wrong way. It was a human mistake that anyone might make. My main problem is from people that want to laud her as some sort of heroine for having sex with a guy when he was very emotional damaged. It was a selfish act, not noble. But, on the other hand people are selfish, so it's not like you can really blame Mitsuki or call her a bitch because of it.

In one sense, yes, having sex with him did help. It gave him something to focus on instead of his problems. But in another, it just made things a hell of a lot worse. Again, instead of dealing with his problems concerning her accident, it just allowed for an escape from them. No wonder he's still hung up so much on Haruka, he never really got a chance to sort out his feelings and get over them. He's just been hiding from them for the last few years.
ずっと変りはしない

Last edited by musouka; 2003-11-18 at 12:07.
Old 2003-11-18, 11:52   Link #29
Mad Cat
You only live once!

Send a message via ICQ to Mad Cat
I change my point of view...Mitsuki is a bitch AND a MAN EATER!
You cant just steal someones guy like that, sure Harukas parents told him to stay away but if it was true love he would ignore that.
Anyways Mitsuki just upgraded her self to man eater

Ps. Im enjoying that serie
Old 2003-11-18, 12:05   Link #30
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cat
I change my point of view...Mitsuki is a bitch AND a MAN EATER!
You cant just steal someones guy like that, sure Harukas parents told him to stay away but if it was true love he would ignore that.
Anyways Mitsuki just upgraded her self to man eater

Ps. Im enjoying that serie

This can very well be in a ideal romantic world but in reality love doesn't wait. An unanswered love will fade away and finally everyone will move on. I think all of the characters are acting in a way you and I would given the same situation. Although I do think Takayuki is a jerk, he doesn't love either one of them, he just feels responsible for haruka and stays with Mitski because it's the easier solution...

GO GO Mitsuki
Old 2003-11-18, 13:59   Link #31
Mad Cat
You only live once!

Send a message via ICQ to Mad Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
This can very well be in a ideal romantic world but in reality love doesn't wait. An unanswered love will fade away and finally everyone will move on. I think all of the characters are acting in a way you and I would given the same situation. Although I do think Takayuki is a jerk, he doesn't love either one of them, he just feels responsible for haruka and stays with Mitski because it's the easier solution...

GO GO Mitsuki
Maybe your right, Its hard to know about love when you dont really know what it is or how it feels.
Anyways he aint loyal to Haruka and that is a shame
Old 2003-11-19, 00:32   Link #32
ZGMF-10A

WTF i thought everyone liked Hakura but she only likes Takayuki... i was saying Mitsuki was a hooker..... Mitsuki became friend with Takayuki so Hakura can get closer ..... where the hell did they say that i watched all the episodes fomr 1-7 even preview and still it doesn't tell me that...... i thought they were always friends but Hakura wanted to be Takayuki's Gf......
Old 2003-11-19, 04:55   Link #33
Mentar
Banned

Episode 1, when Mitsuki was visiting Takayuki on the hill in order to send him a clear message, to take dating with Haruka serious or else.

There she told Takayuki that Haruka had always liked him and turned down all other dating requests because of him. Mitsuki also told Takayuki that she was befriending him because she thought that this would give Haruka a better chance to get close to him. Key was "we're friends now only because of Haruka", implying that if he screwed up with Haruka their friendship was in danger.

That was another proof of Mitsuki's multi-layered personality, because by THEN she had already developed feelings for Takayuki herself (several details indicate this), but she whacked some sense into Takayuki anyway to support Haruka.
Old 2003-11-19, 04:56   Link #34
Setonai

The Chracters in this are never Straight
foward, i mean damn how f*ck1ng hard is it to say
i want to be together, they have one to many regrets
Mitsuki is a psycho B1tch
Old 2003-11-19, 05:10   Link #35
pulsr

i think mitsuki is like pretty damn nice, she gave up her own feelings for him so her best friend could like the guy. too watch your best friend fall in love with the person you love wouldnt be all that fun. if that happened to be id be thinking... it happened for a reason blah blah blah
Old 2003-11-19, 05:11   Link #36
moose_and_squirrel

Send a message via ICQ to moose_and_squirrel Send a message via AIM to moose_and_squirrel Send a message via MSN to moose_and_squirrel Send a message via Yahoo to moose_and_squirrel
Quote:
he did choose... he chose mitsuki... the only reason he is acting like he likes haruka is because the parents/doctors are forcing him... personally... i think they are the true evil people...
Old 2003-11-19, 10:02   Link #37
Tboz

Nah... its still too early to tell, Mitsuki and Takayuki are still sorting the matter out. And what's this of the parents/doctors being evil, they all have Haruka's interest at heart.
Old 2003-11-19, 12:37   Link #38
Chiyo's Father
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose_and_squirrel
he did choose... he chose mitsuki... the only reason he is acting like he likes haruka is because the parents/doctors are forcing him... personally... i think they are the true evil people...

You're coming off as a rabid Mitsuki fan...

You really can't call anyone in this anime the 'true evil people'. There's simply no such thing. Everyone has their reasons for what they're doing- how can you say that the parents and doctors are 'forcing' Takayuki? Out of what? Pure spite and maliciousness? Give me a break.

Considering that their daughter broke out of a three-year coma (most people have very little hope of waking up after that long) and that the key to her recovery was her old boyfriend, Haruka's parents have -very- good reason to want Takayuki to help. As Tboz just said, they all have Haruka's interest at heart.

And the fact that Takayuki's (finally) moved on with his life one whole year after mourning for Haruka- it was unhealthy, yes, but you can't really call that 'acting like he likes' her. Clearly, the boy's feelings for Haruka were pretty damn strong. And even though he's 'chosen' Mitsuki, his relationship with Haruka hadn't ended because either of them wanted it to end. It was because of ill timing and a car. Takayuki still has feelings for Haruka- that's my opinion, at least.

Finally, think about things from Haruka's point of view. Even if Takayuki doesn't have any feelings whatsoever towards her (coughcough BULLSHIT cough), you've gotta feel sorry for a person who's eventually going to have to wake up to the realization that she's lost three years of her life, and that her boyfriend ain't her boyfriend no more, but her best friend's boyfriend.
Old 2003-11-19, 14:33   Link #39
moose_and_squirrel

Send a message via ICQ to moose_and_squirrel Send a message via AIM to moose_and_squirrel Send a message via MSN to moose_and_squirrel Send a message via Yahoo to moose_and_squirrel
im not a mitsuki fan, i just think that the doctors and parents, who beg takayuki to do stuff that will hurt him and the people he loves, and they dont tell anybody that they WANT him to do these things so his friends/loved ones feel his actions arent justified...

on top of that, i have never heard of a doctor lying to a patient, even if they did come out of a coma... that just seems stupid.

and by the way, they arent REALLY forcing him, but that is one hell of a guilt trip.

and... he originally liked mitsuki to begin with... otherwise he wouldnt have broken dates with haruka to spend time with her, and this might make him a bastard, but he DID go out with haruka FOR mitsuki. i think it was quite evident he liked her more...

and for the 'they have her interests at heart', while this may be a stretched analogy, people who kill for religous reasons have 'the worlds interest' at heart...
Old 2003-11-19, 15:44   Link #40
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Episode 1, when Mitsuki was visiting Takayuki on the hill in order to send him a clear message, to take dating with Haruka serious or else.

There she told Takayuki that Haruka had always liked him and turned down all other dating requests because of him. Mitsuki also told Takayuki that she was befriending him because she thought that this would give Haruka a better chance to get close to him. Key was "we're friends now only because of Haruka", implying that if he screwed up with Haruka their friendship was in danger.

That was another proof of Mitsuki's multi-layered personality, because by THEN she had already developed feelings for Takayuki herself (several details indicate this), but she whacked some sense into Takayuki anyway to support Haruka.
-------Mitsuki really didn't have many options. In this anime, she felt obligated to hook up Haruka and Takayuki because that was her intention to begin with not mentioning Haruka was her good friend. Now if she didn't do it (assuming that Haruka would never confess to Takayuki), she still looked pretty bad to Haruka if she ended up dating Takayuki later. If that was the case, the chances of a big crack between their friendship would be pretty high and I don't think Mitsuki was really going for that route. Because of moral obligation, she set them up but she couldn't let the feelings go so Mitsuki pretty much put herself in a dead end road. She just had to harbor feelings for Takayuki even after he was her bestfriend's bf. The hope of getting together with him eventually was there deep down I'm sure.

Grifis
Closed Thread