Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-28, 06:58   Link #21
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Who is Stelly?
Old 2013-08-28, 07:05   Link #22
ri0

He is the foster brother of Sabo. The one his parents adopted as a backup heir.

I also find it funny how Luffy not only doesn't listen to his grandpa but now also reverses his actions

Chinjao could be a mighty ally in the NW, regaining his old strength and probably his spirit as a pirate if he opens his "treasure chest". This is gonna be interesting.
Old 2013-08-28, 07:26   Link #23
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
He is the foster brother of Sabo. The one his parents adopted as a backup heir.

I also find it funny how Luffy not only doesn't listen to his grandpa but now also reverses his actions

Chinjao could be a mighty ally in the NW, regaining his old strength and probably his spirit as a pirate if he opens his "treasure chest". This is gonna be interesting.
You actually remembered that... I considered him a throwaway character but who knows.

Would be interesting if Chinjao's treasure has already been stolen, sets the story up for a funny reappearance later on. I can already imagine him trash talking whoever stole his treasure only to find out that the straw hats are fighting the thief giving Chinjao a reason to back them up.
Old 2013-08-28, 07:37   Link #24
danielevo

The reason why chinjao have a grudge to garp is stupid i think, but thats not really a problem, because cavendish also had a stupid reason for grudge againts luffy.. what the problem here is how if bartolomeo reason to have a grudge to luffy also stupid reason, that will be very Lol, =="
Old 2013-08-28, 13:38   Link #25
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Garp broke 8 mountains lol.... I think he should go join Luffy XD.

Oh the fun it would be....
Old 2013-08-28, 14:11   Link #26
marvelB

Wow, the pointy-head Don looks hilarious! I also love that look on his face when both Garp and Luffy landed their blows on his head in the past and present, respectively. So yeah, the C-block's now wrapped up! Now is Rebecca the Fighting Lion's time to shine!

Also, I find it amusing that Caribou actually went ahead and disguised himself as the rebel leader, anyway. Though it'll amuse me more to see how much he pisses off Kaidou if his crew gets away with beating up one of the emperor's men!
Old 2013-08-28, 14:13   Link #27
james0246

Simple, yet fun chapter. Nothing really happens, and the ending was always a foregone conclusion, but seeing Don's head drastically change shape was quite hilarious, and the reason for his pointy head was equally zany.
Old 2013-08-28, 14:13   Link #28
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Luffy smashed the colisseum floor like I said he would. Hmm, I have a feeling Don's gonna hit the sea level and open the way to the underground factory.
Old 2013-08-28, 17:13   Link #29
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

As expected Chinjao hated Garp for a stupid reason. THough like how Luffy got the drill head back in one hit like Garp. So i guess Chinjao might be an ally now. Burgess likes to fight so i think he might try to fight Luffy, though he still is a wild card. Still wonder what Barto' relation is. Can Block D even now with the ring broken in half?
Old 2013-08-28, 17:49   Link #30
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

And now we know that Luffy is very close in strength to Garp in his prime - even taking into account Chinjao's age and the fact that Luffy had to use Gear third, it's still very impressive!
Old 2013-08-28, 18:18   Link #31
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Why is everyone saying that the Don's reason to hate Garp is stupid? Garp denied him his whole wealth. I think money is a very good reason for a grudge.
Old 2013-08-28, 18:20   Link #32
Xacual

I don't really see how it's a stupid reason, Garp did make it so that he could never get his treasure back. The treasure represents years and years of Chinjao's successful pirate life.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-08-28, 18:54   Link #33
Veviticus

Losing his treasure made him quit being a pirate as well.
Old 2013-08-28, 19:05   Link #34
Blackbeard D. Kuma

This was a great chapter. I do sympathize with Don Chinjao. Losing out on years of hard work and wealth is cause for a deep grudge. Block C has finally come to a close, leaving only Block D remaining. And yes, Don Chinjao will surely become an ally after this monumental event in his life.
Old 2013-08-28, 19:46   Link #35
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

What an irony it would be if Luffy's "remodification" would not be enough to reach the treasure, because Don has become too old
Old 2013-08-28, 21:00   Link #36
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, something interesting to note: It was confirmed by Redon that Luffy's finisher against Don Chinjao is a new variation of the Elephant Gun called "Gomu Gomu no Thor Elephant Gun". Interestingly, the kanji for "Thor Elephant Gun" is "雷将象銃" which translates to "thunder general elephant gun", so could this mean that Luffy can now use thunder-based haki moves, in addition to fire-based ones.....!?

(Oh, and for the record, I'm already well aware that Luffy used a "Thor" move against Shiki in Strong World, but that wasn't canon, lol. )
This was already clear during the Fish-Men arc. Luffy used his "Gum Gum Snake Shot". It's an electric technique. Law and Franky can also use electricity attacks.
Old 2013-08-29, 01:15   Link #37
JonSnow

Now i'm starting to wonder if Doflamingo's even stronger than Luffy. Since Zoro's on his way to Nami, he has a higher chance of meeting Doflamingo first. He might even get a chance of fighting Doflamingo, to satisfy his itch.
Old 2013-08-29, 03:39   Link #38
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
This was already clear during the Fish-Men arc. Luffy used his "Gum Gum Snake Shot". It's an electric technique. Law and Franky can also use electricity attacks.

Regarding those element-based Haki attacks as a whole: What do you guys think – do they add any further attack power? How do they work?
The Hawk Shot we saw against Hody was somehow understandable (Steam from Gear 2nd combined with Haki leading to an explosion of some sort).
But what about the Snake Shot or Thor Elephant Gun? How did Luffy add lightning to it? And wouldn’t it be enough to smack someone with a Haki imbued giant fist?

I mean Luffy’s attacks where always strength based (against Crocodile combined with water or blood, or against Enel with gold) and CoA seems to be his natural boost. Why does Oda add those elements and what purpose do they fulfill?

I hope this doesn’t turn into a system similar to chakra, where Haki users need to mold a certain element to counter Logias. Haki alone should be sufficient as we saw pretty often already.
Old 2013-08-29, 10:32   Link #39
james0246

Quote:
I mean Luffy’s attacks where always strength based (against Crocodile combined with water or blood, or against Enel with gold) and CoA seems to be his natural boost. Why does Oda add those elements and what purpose do they fulfill?
They're cool?

I thought it was either just friction caused by their powers colliding, or just added special effect to make everything look extra cool.

Whatever the case, I don't think it needs to be considered too deeply...at least not currently.
Old 2013-08-29, 10:54   Link #40
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Regarding those element-based Haki attacks as a whole: What do you guys think – do they add any further attack power? How do they work?
The Hawk Shot we saw against Hody was somehow understandable (Steam from Gear 2nd combined with Haki leading to an explosion of some sort).
But what about the Snake Shot or Thor Elephant Gun? How did Luffy add lightning to it? And wouldn’t it be enough to smack someone with a Haki imbued giant fist?

I hope this doesn’t turn into a system similar to chakra, where Haki users need to mold a certain element to counter Logias. Haki alone should be sufficient as we saw pretty often already.
It probably has something to do with their spirit as well as haki. "Spirit Energy".
It's what Zoro uses for his demon techniques. When you get as strong as them you can do those things. It also has something to do with the bloodline element which Law mentioned in the recent chapters on the path to Dressrosa.

It's pretty much similar to Naruto except for chakra and a few other things. Just more awesome.