Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-22, 02:28   Link #21
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrSh4dy View Post
Maybe this is a glimpse of Pica's weakness. The bigger he gets the less sturdy his body becomes. It also seems to drain his stamina a lot (just one punch made him wheeze).

Well, if his large size does reduce his sturdiness, then it certainly isn't by much. At least, considering that his punch kinda destroyed a good chunk of the city!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Well if a Yonko is going to stand still,even Zoro can pretty much stab a Yonko and he will die,but no way in hell a Yonko would stand waiting for the punch.

Well, Whitebeard kinda stood still and let one of his own allies stab him, so.....
Old 2014-05-22, 06:29   Link #22
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Nothing major happened this chapter, it was ok though. I liked Luffy's reunion with Bully, and also found it amusing how the king of Prodence smacked Dagama causing those bumps on his head (since he was obviously interested in the bounty reward).
Old 2014-05-22, 12:23   Link #23
mrSh4dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, if his large size does reduce his sturdiness, then it certainly isn't by much. At least, considering that his punch kinda destroyed a good chunk of the city!
I agree it's impressive, but it just seems so ineffective against the SH's. Besides the bigger they are the harder they fall and I can't see Pica win against this onslaught after he "easily" lost his left arm.
Old 2014-05-22, 14:10   Link #24
imza

Pica doesn't necessarily strike me as too much of a danger. He seemed more dangerous when he was indoors. At this point, it will probably be team work but I think Zoro could cut him down or Luffy could simply do an elephant battling gun on him to knock him down.
Old 2014-05-22, 14:21   Link #25
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
and btw,im curious how law will be free from that kairoseki handcuffs, its seem that luffy weird grup can't loose it, or they just don't care i dont know,, poor law hahahahaha
Luffy has the keys for the handcuffs, hasn't he?
There just wasn't the time to use them yet.
Old 2014-05-22, 14:43   Link #26
noktown

Quote:

Well, Whitebeard kinda stood still and let one of his own allies stab him, so.....
I don't remember at this point if he let him or he genuinely didn't see it coming,but I do remember that he admitted(to himself) that he hated that everyone had high expectations of him despite his age.
Old 2014-05-22, 14:57   Link #27
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Pica really interests me, I can't figure out how he will be dealt with right now. I see him as a paramecia, so the question is, does hurting his stone body directly damage him (like hurting robin's clones deals damage to her)?

If his real body does not directly take damage from destruction of his stone body, then the real body will need to be found and dealt with, otherwise he can just keep regenerating his stone clone. With that being said, I don't see him as a big threat or taking anyone out, but merely slowing them down.
Old 2014-05-22, 16:25   Link #28
DarkHollowIchigo

"quit following me your morrons" , i lol'd...mainly because he means it.
Old 2014-05-22, 19:07   Link #29
Rainbowman

We're with you Luffy wether you like it or not.
Old 2014-05-22, 22:19   Link #30
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Luffy has the keys for the handcuffs, hasn't he?
There just wasn't the time to use them yet.
Calling it now, Zoro will end up cutting Law's hands off, and he'll reattach them back with his DF. Then he'll be incredibly pissed.
Old 2014-05-23, 00:59   Link #31
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

I don't think Law's DF is that convenient. If he's getting cut before using the room, I assume taht he'll be unable to reattach it.
Old 2014-05-23, 20:14   Link #32
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Pica really interests me, I can't figure out how he will be dealt with right now. I see him as a paramecia, so the question is, does hurting his stone body directly damage him (like hurting robin's clones deals damage to her)?

I'm fairly certain that Pica is a logia. The way he can morph and fuse with stone is pretty much in line with what logias are capable of, after all. Paramecia-types aren't really known for morphing their bodies to such an extent. Also, there hasn't been any indication that he can remote-control clones like Robin and Dofla can. Heck, I'd say the fact that he clearly showed some slight exhaustion from a single punch is enough proof that he's fighting with his own strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Me too, I'd kinda like to see Doffy flee the city though when he sees what the stadium fighters and ex-toys are capable of. Let him escape so he can nurse his grudges and plot revenge, while the battle switches to the attempted suppression of the pirates, revolutionaries and fighters by the Navy and CP0.

Honestly, I really can't see Dofla making a clean escape anytime soon considering how deeply he sunk into his own shit, lol. Not when he's got supernovas, marines, revolutionaries, gladiators, and an entire island full of pissed-off citizens out for his blood. I guess I can sorta see CP0 bailing him out of this situation somehow, but only after they scrape his beaten, bloody, broken carcass off the pavement first!
Old 2014-05-23, 22:36   Link #33
Altes
Banned

Quote:
I'm fairly certain that Pica is a logia. The way he can morph and fuse with stone is pretty much in line with what logias are capable of, after all. Paramecia-types aren't really known for morphing their bodies to such an extent.
Luffy is rubber... though it can be argued that he doesn't transform into actual rubber. Diamante can make himself flutter. Baby 5 turns her body into weapons. Bellamy turns his body parts into springs. Those were just on the top of my head. So there are Paramecias who can transform their bodies, too.

If Pica was a Logia, Viola wouldn't have gone out of her way to explain that he isn't just a stone man, but a stone assimilation man.
Old 2014-05-26, 22:12   Link #34
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

If Fujitora used his power could he break the birdcage with a giant meteor?
Old 2014-05-26, 22:30   Link #35
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altes View Post
Luffy is rubber... though it can be argued that he doesn't transform into actual rubber. Diamante can make himself flutter. Baby 5 turns her body into weapons. Bellamy turns his body parts into springs. Those were just on the top of my head. So there are Paramecias who can transform their bodies, too.

If Pica was a Logia, Viola wouldn't have gone out of her way to explain that he isn't just a stone man, but a stone assimilation man.
Megallen would also be another good example of a paramecia that morphs like a logia.
Old 2014-05-26, 22:58   Link #36
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
If Fujitora used his power could he break the birdcage with a giant meteor?
There have been fake spoilers where he tried to do just that, but the meteor went through the Birdcage, sliced into many pieces. Of course it won't happen in the actual story, Fujitora follows some bullshit philosophy that is more valuable to him than the lives of people around him.
Old 2014-05-27, 00:32   Link #37
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altes View Post

To be fair, I said to "such an extent" as far as paramecia transformations go. I already knew that there were users of that DF class who can morph (Bon Clay and Wapol come immediately to mind for me), but it's just not as extreme as logias, is all I'm saying. Like how Crocodile can transform into tiny sand particles, or the guys like Eneru and Kizaru who transform into intangible forms like lightning/light, etc. So I guess Pica's extreme transformations where he can literally become one with the castle or even an entire town just screams logia to me.

....Man, I hope Oda gives us more details on Pica's powers, at least in an SBS if not in the chapters.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
Megallen would also be another good example of a paramecia that morphs like a logia.

No, Magellan himself didn't morph. He just manipulates the poison that covers his body, is all (though I do agree that he gives a strong impression of a logia at first). Galdino (aka Mr. 3) is another example of a "pseudo"-logia that comes to mind. He himself doesn't actually transform into wax, but he can manipulate it to make weapons and armor....
Old 2014-05-27, 00:41   Link #38
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Or maybe it's just something like... "the stone version of magnetism" or something like that. Also logias don't have to take the element they use from an external source. The fact that he depends on an external source for his ability like that rather indicates that he is a paramecia. Maybe he even is a (mythical) zoan of the "golem type" or something like that.
Old 2014-05-27, 00:45   Link #39
rladls2121

I wonder if Fujitora is expecting Luffy or other pirates are going to defeat Donflamingo and undo the Bird Cage.

Just like how Smoker was chasing Luffy and received the answer from him in Alabasta, that he is going to defeat Crocodile.
Old 2014-05-27, 02:07   Link #40
marvelB

A brief spoiler is out, so new thread. Unfortunately, the upcoming chapter is going to be followed by a slightly lengthier break, so just a heads-up.....
Closed Thread