AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-01-14, 22:48   Link #21
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

If there was marriage, instead of time travel, I would prefer time skip for children.
Old 2015-01-14, 23:45   Link #22
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Where does it say that? @Canon Lucina's mama.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2015-01-15 at 00:03.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 00:35   Link #23
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Where does it say that? @Canon Lucina's mama.
It probably a joke, since she look like Lucina and is a dancer. I am not too concerned who's the canon mother as long as I(Robin) am the canon husband of Lucina.
Old 2015-01-15, 00:57   Link #24
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
It probably a joke, since she look like Lucina and is a dancer. I am not too concerned who's the canon mother as long as I(Robin) am the canon husband of Lucina.
When there is a default choice 90% the default is the canon so i say Sumia is the canon mother of Lucina
Old 2015-01-15, 05:32   Link #25
Hachitora

That dancer

The game itself looks interesting. I hope there's a marriage sort of system, but children could be a problem since no time travel and time skip would mean losing the characters you already have. Though I guess some of them would become obsolete because babbies are OP
Hachitora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 07:59   Link #26
AnimeFangirl

I'm slightly hyped for this one. Slightly. Awakening showed promise, but it was too easy on the non-Lunatic settings and the story was kinda meh. If they can improve on those flaws, this should be a good one.
Old 2015-01-15, 08:09   Link #27
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Oh I thought that was the name of the dragon rider chick that Chrom ends up with defaultly.
Old 2015-01-15, 08:12   Link #28
anime fan99

Quote:
Oh I thought that was the name of the dragon rider chick that Chrom ends up with defaultly.
that Sumia
Old 2015-01-15, 10:35   Link #29
Iron Maw
Banned

Well this certainly came out of nowhere. :wow

That said my excitement is dampened by IS using the same engine as in Awakening with like little no modification at all. It wouldn't be as bad if Awakening hadn't aged terribly but sadly this isn't the case.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 22:44   Link #30
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Well this certainly came out of nowhere. :wow

That said my excitement is dampened by IS using the same engine as in Awakening with like little no modification at all. It wouldn't be as bad if Awakening hadn't aged terribly but sadly this isn't the case.
Honestly, the 3DS itself is heavily limited when it comes to graphical power. The better looking games like Smash just do a better job of hiding the jagged edges by using thicker outlines and brighter colors to mask them.

... which does raise the question why the battle models don't use outlines. The CG cutscenes do, and those look beautiful.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 18:34   Link #31
AnimeFangirl

Whatever, you know you're all going to play it anyway even if it looks like mud. And IS knows it too, that's why they don't bother.
Old 2015-01-17, 20:28   Link #32
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

It will look better on the system, any 3DS games(with some exceptions) will look shit if it displayed on a high definition screen.
Old 2015-01-18, 00:59   Link #33
scififan

Quote:
Sumia is a Pegasus rider. She stands next to Chrom in the opening movie.

Another Pegasus rider is Cordelia. Everyone else knows she's in love with Chrom, except Chrom. It's probably her name is called Tiamo. Anyway, the heart sign will not appear when she teams up with Chrom.

Cherche is the Wyvern Rider. She has some resemblance to Cordelia. Perhaps she's the person you are implying. She and Chrom don't have heart sign during the team work.

Now, it's my rant. I like the Awakening's character design and character interaction., but I am not fan of the obsolete genre. I have nothing against turn based RPG and text based RPG, but they should belong to archive. I needed some motivation to keep playing. After finish Awakening with some pairing, the game lost the replay value to me. I got rid of the game right away.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 02:06   Link #34
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Whatever, you know you're all going to play it anyway even if it looks like mud. And IS knows it too, that's why they don't bother.
It looks fine when compared to other Fire Emblem games. If anything, the animations actually look more fluid than the Gamecube and Wii ones.

IS is improving, but that doesn't change the graphics from being limited due to hardware, and the odd artstyle doesn't do anything to hide it.

Why don't they make use of outlines and celshading like they do for cutscenes?
Old 2015-01-18, 02:09   Link #35
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Calling SRPG a obsolete genre is rather a bold statement, prehaps you didnt like the game but for me FE is the best JRPG for it deep characters and gameplay. Tryout some story dlc and harder difficultly, for me Awakening was the best game of 2013 and 3Ds currently which I spent well over 700 hours on it.

Anyone surprised at the popularity of the Dancer girl? She currently dominated the waifu ranking and has the most fanarts. Now I just hope IS didn't pull any stupid cockblocking move such as making her your avatar's sister or something. The rage will be unpredecent!
Old 2015-01-18, 04:53   Link #36
Zakoo

Not really, when I saw her I knew it was going to get crazy.

It's ninian with modern graphic, everybody loved ninian, so everybody will love her.

Then there's that thigh.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 07:57   Link #37
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
... which does raise the question why the battle models don't use outlines. The CG cutscenes do, and those look beautiful.
Yes definitely. It would give the characters an awesome manga-ike look and differentiate it from Awakening. Even realistic Cellshading to make the models look closer to the FMVs would be good. I don't either are beyond the 3DS's capabilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Of course I will, doesn't mean I can't expect a little better as a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Now, it's my rant. I like the Awakening's character design and character interaction., but I am not fan of the obsolete genre. I have nothing against turn based RPG and text based RPG, but they should belong to archive. I needed some motivation to keep playing. After finish Awakening with some pairing, the game lost the replay value to me. I got rid of the game right away.
Saying SRPGs should go because they are archaic like saying Action Adventure or Platformer games should stop being made because they're old. RPGs are a genre of games like any other.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 08:11   Link #38
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
I am talking about the marriage system, specially a avatar of yourself marrying. That Dancer girl look so much like Lucina, thus I am so gonna make her my waifu.
From what I remember, FE Awakening was suppose to be their last one, but the marriage system and the possibility to pair up your OTP's was a stroke of genius.

The shippers saved the franchise.

There's no way they're gonna get rid of that system.

What's cool is that video teaser was the first thing they showed on the NA Nintendo stream.

Lucina is amazing.

that is all.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 09:41   Link #39
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
No offense, but that's one of the more ridiculous things I've heard in a while. Not every gaming genre is for everyone, but that doesn't mean just because you don't like it that it needs to stop being made.

I don't like shooters. I've played shooters since playing Castle Wolfenstein on MS-DOS back in 1990, and I got into it late since it came out in 1981. Clearly it's archaic and needs to be taken out back and put down.

See how ridiculous that sounds?

Quote:
Anyone surprised at the popularity of the Dancer girl? She currently dominated the waifu ranking and has the most fanarts. Now I just hope IS didn't pull any stupid cockblocking move such as making her your avatar's sister or something. The rage will be unpredecent!
Series promotes waifuing
Series shows three females, two of whom only showing their portrait and then a 2 second in-game battle
Third female is shown in higher end graphics, dancing, with a beautiful body and fluid movements on a grand stage, while having an air of mystery due to her eye and the "dragon choke" scene.

Nope, not surprised that people like her at all.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 13:52   Link #40
Shadow5YA

I do love FE, but it will never be anything more than a niche game despite Awakening's success.

The genre does lack towns and a sense of exploration that people (used to) love about Final Fantasy.

But that's a different issue entirely.

Tags
3ds, fire emblem