AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-05, 13:34   Link #21
Savor
Daflavor

Send a message via ICQ to Savor Send a message via AIM to Savor Send a message via MSN to Savor Send a message via Yahoo to Savor
err

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Sasuke is 13 years old now. The same as Naruto, Sakura, Hinata, Shino, Kiba, Shikamaru, Choji, Ino and Gaara
Neji, Lee and Tenten are 14 now, too

By the way, Sasuke birthday is on 07/23. Itachi's birthday is on 06/09.

All in the Special Books
Naruto failed at the academy three years in a row.. correct? How is he the same age as his peers? My understanding was that the ninja academy had "grades" of some sort, seeing as how konohamaru and naruto were in different classes.
Savor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 13:35   Link #22
Blue*Dragon

uhm why doesnt the series never celebrate (dont know if i say it correctly) with someone. Like if naruto or someone else is his birthday?
Blue*Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 13:38   Link #23
Loximaxus

Quote:
Sasuke is 13 years old now. The same as Naruto, Sakura, Hinata, Shino, Kiba, Shikamaru, Choji, Ino and Gaara

All in the Special Books
Thank you!
I've been wondering about that for ages!
Loximaxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 13:39   Link #24
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savor
Naruto failed at the academy three years in a row.. correct? How is he the same age as his peers? My understanding was that the ninja academy had "grades" of some sort, seeing as how konohamaru and naruto were in different classes.
This has been discussed before, and we reached the conclusion that the exams aren't realized one per year, but one each 3 months, for instance. Naruto failed 3 times, but he didn't "repeat" three years. If you fail the final exam, you're able to try it again a few months later. Also, the exams aren't always the same. Naruto himself said he was unlucky to get 3 Bunshin exams in a row.
Anyways, it's a fact they're the same age, since it's stated in the special book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue*Dragon
uhm why doesnt the series never celebrate (dont know if i say it correctly) with someone. Like if naruto or someone else is his birthday?
How should I know that? Ask Kishimoto
Maybe they celebrated Sasuke's birthday, it just didn't appear in the manga ^^
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 13:45   Link #25
Blue*Dragon

:P give me his e-mail then heeheh then I will ask
Blue*Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 13:50   Link #26
Savor
Daflavor

Send a message via ICQ to Savor Send a message via AIM to Savor Send a message via MSN to Savor Send a message via Yahoo to Savor
Quote:
This has been discussed before, and we reached the conclusion that the exams aren't realized one per year, but one each 3 months, for instance. Naruto failed 3 times, but he didn't "repeat" three years. If you fail the final exam, you're able to try it again a few months later. Also, the exams aren't always the same. Naruto himself said he was unlucky to get 3 Bunshin exams in a row.
Anyways, it's a fact they're the same age, since it's stated in the special book
Thank you, Vicious. I knew there had to be some sort of reasoning behind it, that reason wasn't very obvious to me after watching the anime and reading the manga though i'm still new to Naruto. (Having only watched the anime's and read all the manga once and very recently, in two weeks time )

and now... off to read the "special" books! Thanks again :P
Savor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 14:46   Link #27
Hyuuga Neji
Byakugan Master

Send a message via AIM to Hyuuga Neji
Quote:

All in the Special Books
I'm surprised that the creator took time to make the birthdates haha
Hyuuga Neji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 16:34   Link #28
Spike9711137

Yea, kakashi graduated at 5 and chuunin at 6. But i heard from somewhere that he became chuunin that early because it was in the midst of a war at the time and they needed more soldiers. And hes a genious of course.
Spike9711137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 19:04   Link #29
n00blike
member 69 of S.P.A. ;)

Quote:
what?
i thought Naruto was older cuz i remember that some one said he has faild like 3 times. wouldn't that make him 3 years older or something?
n00blike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 19:44   Link #30
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00blike
what?
i thought Naruto was older cuz i remember that some one said he has faild like 3 times. wouldn't that make him 3 years older or something?
I have simply no words to describe you...
Old 2004-05-05, 19:54   Link #31
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00blike
what?
Quote:
Really, it has been answered in this thread, in this same page ^^
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 20:15   Link #32
wb_hicks

I took it that Naruto just entered the academy before they did. From the flashback alot of the gennins got taught skills at home way befor they entered the academy. Also with Kakashi saying he became a chuunin at 6 to me shows that you can enter at young ages. Even if you put it in years Naruto failed 3 times and past the 4 time which could be the same yearr all the others entered the academy. The same can be said if someone was to skip some grades and school and fail a few he still could end up graduating with his age group even though he started school before them. Besides I think Iruka was Naruto's teacher all the times he went to school. From what he showed at the beginning he doesn't want nothing other then the best from Naruto and won't let he passed on anything other then properly doing it not well he did it somewhat.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 16:18   Link #33
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Itachi looked like at the very least, a 15-year-old at the time he assasinated his own clan. His build is not like some 13-year-old kid at all.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 16:31   Link #34
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji
I'm surprised that the creator took time to make the birthdates haha
People love their irrelevant information, what can I say...

like the technical specs for a Gundam (yeah, like it really matters what fictional brand engine they use) - it's just kind of cool to know.

If Itachi WAS thirteen at the time of the flashback...well...puberty...imagine the most dangerous ninja in the world sounding like that pimply-faced teen from the Simpsons...
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 19:39   Link #35
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta
Itachi looked like at the very least, a 15-year-old at the time he assasinated his own clan. His build is not like some 13-year-old kid at all.
Yes, his body, face, and voice were way too mature for a 13-year-old, but we have to understand that these aren't ordinary kids playing around and going to school...this guy was a chuunin by age 10 and doing missions killing people; I would suspect under such condition one would mature faster...well, mentally at least. But regardless of what we think, he was set to be 13 by Kishimoto at the time of the Uchiha massacre, and Kishimoto's words = truth. ^_^;;
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 21:45   Link #36
LeafNinja

In the world of Naruto, a year is 500 days long. So that explains it.

You guys had it right though, he was around 13 at the time of the massacre. Its weird he was portrayed as being so mature though.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote