AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-03, 11:22   Link #21
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh they will, they got to. I want a "I will carry you to Valhalla myself" quest. XD
Old 2015-06-03, 11:23   Link #22
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
So judging from the trailer where we see Pre-War life before the bombs dropped, the MC is possibly from the Pre-War era and was cryogenic frozen in Vault 111 before being awoken in the present of Fallout 4 which probably takes places after the events of Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
If you have played Fallout 2 before, we all should know how sucessful these cryogenic experiments are
Old 2015-06-03, 11:24   Link #23
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

They kinda teased how the opening will be. It'll be a more emotional start like Fallout 3 than NV's "Memory Loss Bulelt" lol
Old 2015-06-03, 11:31   Link #24
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I preferred NV's opening experience because it wasn't so front-loaded and and the tutorials were short and skippable.

Also, you must be remembering wrong because there was no memory loss. Indeed, through dialogue you can find out some things like how the Courier had been to New Reno prior to the events of New Vegas.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 13:14   Link #25
james0246

So...Boston looks great. I'm glad a more urban/suburban environment is being focused on in the new game. Undoubtedly, most of the game will be the bleak and empty landscapes of old, but a true central hub would be a great step forward.

Also, a main character with an actual voice. Hopefully, there will be more customizable voices than some of the other rpgs on the market, but even if there isn't I'm still happy that my protagonist will have a voice.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 14:45   Link #26
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm hoping that the spec requirements are relatively low. My whole computer is in serious need of upgrading--especially if this game is moddable like I suspect it will be--and I have no income whatsoever.
Old 2015-06-03, 15:13   Link #27
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I preferred NV's opening experience because it wasn't so front-loaded and and the tutorials were short and skippable.

Also, you must be remembering wrong because there was no memory loss. Indeed, through dialogue you can find out some things like how the Courier had been to New Reno prior to the events of New Vegas.
Haha I most likely am, its been years since I played it. Couldn't remember if the opening mentioned memory loss. But I was just thinking of the questions doc asked.
Old 2015-06-03, 15:59   Link #28
james0246

LOL, I just realized the Boston location means we'll get lots of Android storylines. Hell, maybe the protagonist will even be an android...nah, that would probably be a little too on-the-nose. Still, androids are cool, and I can't wait to see how they'll fight.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 16:04   Link #29
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I hope for a deeper hardcore mode. Sort of like Skyrim Mod Frostfall or what ever, It does get really cold there yea?
Old 2015-06-03, 20:07   Link #30
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Speaking of mods, did they mention anything during their announcement? The whole paid scanned was presumed to be a test bed for use in FO4.
Old 2015-06-03, 20:31   Link #31
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Doubt we're going to see anything else until E3 next week.
Old 2015-06-04, 00:02   Link #32
Chibiloli

I just hope this is set after 3 and New Vegas and not before it.
Old 2015-06-04, 05:38   Link #33
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'm hoping that the spec requirements are relatively low. My whole computer is in serious need of upgrading--especially if this game is moddable like I suspect it will be--and I have no income whatsoever.
I would say they would be quite high. I need to upgrade my pc as well.

I will say I'm really hyped about this though. So they already spoiled the new location?
Old 2015-06-04, 05:54   Link #34
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yeah same, looking at the video if it is anyway representative of the product my computer would probably revolt.

On the plus we get a doggy companion.
Old 2015-06-04, 06:00   Link #35
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
So judging from the trailer where we see Pre-War life before the bombs dropped, the MC is possibly from the Pre-War era and was cryogenic frozen in Vault 111 before being awoken in the present of Fallout 4 which probably takes places after the events of Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
I suspect it might be going that sort of direction too. The focus on when the bombs dropped in the trailer make me think that the overarching plot going to focus on the why and what of the war itself.

Playable prewar scenes look likely.

Another thing I think will be important is that suit of power armor, its not just going to be a cool buff, it's going to be something plot relevant. Your going to need that suit to do something and go somewhere.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 07:10   Link #36
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
I suspect it might be going that sort of direction too. The focus on when the bombs dropped in the trailer make me think that the overarching plot going to focus on the why and what of the war itself.

Playable prewar scenes look likely.

Another thing I think will be important is that suit of power armor, its not just going to be a cool buff, it's going to be something plot relevant. Your going to need that suit to do something and go somewhere.
It'd be cool if important and some funny locations had little flashback moments like in that hunted place in Fallout 3 or NV I forget which. Unless I'm thinking of a completely different game. XD
Old 2015-06-04, 07:31   Link #37
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I will say I'm really hyped about this though. So they already spoiled the new location?
A lot of folks are saying Boston according to rumour and screenshot. I can't tell one american city from the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Yeah same, looking at the video if it is anyway representative of the product my computer would probably revolt.

On the plus we get a doggy companion.
Considering they are pretty far along with a 2015 release date, i think it's still based on their Skyrim engine which is pretty scaleable. I don't think the spec requirement is going to be that crazy?
Old 2015-06-04, 07:35   Link #38
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

At the very least it wouldn't be Fallout if it wasn't buggy hell even after countless patches.

We can at least sure that it won't be done on Gamebryo anymore and likely on a more recent engine, so I'm guessing a good PC from the last 4 years should be enough.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 16:03   Link #39
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, it's in Boston, within the Commonwealth. Several recognizable Boston landmarks appeared in the video.
Old 2015-06-04, 18:54   Link #40
Chibiloli

So what about PC's that can run Skyrim on Med-low settings? The highest end I can do is run SC2 on low settings.